PDA

View Full Version : Say, somehow, Dems don't win back the house...

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Will renewed cries of "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" be the excuse again?

I mean, if they hacked our election in 2016, who's to say they won't do it again (with the intention of aiding comrade Trump) in 2018 to make sure Congress remains Republican?

That will be the excuse if the blue wave fails to materialize, right guys? ;-)

elysiantraveller
10-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Will renewed cries of "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" be the excuse again?

I mean, if they hacked our election in 2016, who's to say they won't do it again (with the intention of aiding comrade Trump) in 2018 to make sure Congress remains Republican?

That will be the excuse if the blue wave fails to materialize, right guys? ;-)

Aside from Spetsnaz actually showing up at the polls and forcing people to vote R the scenario where the House doesn't go Red is pretty far-fetched.

There will be a lot of Russian Interference headlines though regardless... I'm sure they'll be ignored by the Trump-base while being purported by members of the Trump Administration.

davew
10-16-2018, 05:48 AM
this is nearly impossible, but if it does happen they might blame their own 'old whites' like Diane Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi.

woodtoo
10-16-2018, 07:21 AM
This could never happen, right? And there is no effin path to 272!:D

chadk66
10-16-2018, 07:38 PM
based on all the lead up to the 2016 election I'd say there is as good a chance they will retain as there is they will loose the house.

Burls
10-16-2018, 11:46 PM
based on all the lead up to the 2016 election I'd say there is as good a chance they will retain as there is they will loose the house.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/trump-not-my-fault-if-republicans-lose-midterms.html

It is the sort of thing only an amoral narcissist like the 43rd president would say: After doing everything within his power to make the midterm elections even more of a referendum on his presidency that it already was, Donald Trump is now shrugging off any responsibility for a possible defeat, as the Associated Press reports:

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he won’t accept the blame if Republicans lose the House in November.

Doofus Drumph is now loudly proclaiming that it won't be his fault if the Rethugs lose the House.
Even he can see the writing on the wall.
:lol::lol::lol:

garyscpa
10-17-2018, 07:19 AM
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/trump-not-my-fault-if-republicans-lose-midterms.html

It is the sort of thing only an amoral narcissist like the 43rd president would say: After doing everything within his power to make the midterm elections even more of a referendum on his presidency that it already was, Donald Trump is now shrugging off any responsibility for a possible defeat, as the Associated Press reports:

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he won’t accept the blame if Republicans lose the House in November.

Doofus Drumph is now loudly proclaiming that it won't be his fault if the Rethugs lose the House.
Even he can see the writing on the wall.
:lol::lol::lol:

I thought Trump was the 45th president. Good source, Burls. :D

biggestal99
10-17-2018, 08:55 AM
That will be the excuse if the blue wave fails to materialize, right guys?

Should not we wait until election night before proclaiming the blue wave dead.

If it happens, it happens.

But it highly unlikely (538 has it as R as 8-1 longshot to keep control of the house)

are you willing to put your money where your posts are.

you could make a lot of money if you are confident that the R's hold.

anyway back to excuses.

what will be the R's excuse when the likely happens and Nancy takes back the gavel?

Allan

Tom
10-17-2018, 10:46 AM
I thought Trump was the 45th president. Good source, Burls. :D

Post of the month! :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Should not we wait until election night before proclaiming the blue wave dead.

If it happens, it happens.

But it highly unlikely (538 has it as R as 8-1 longshot to keep control of the house)

are you willing to put your money where your posts are.

you could make a lot of money if you are confident that the R's hold.

anyway back to excuses.

what will be the R's excuse when the likely happens and Nancy takes back the gavel?

AllanWith a thread title like "Say, somehow, Dems don't win back the house...," where do you get that this is me being confident R's hold? :lol:

Nice reply...but why would I be willing to put my money on something I don't have a high degree of confidence in happening?

Burls
10-17-2018, 09:29 PM
With a thread title like "Say, somehow, Dems don't win back the house...," where do you get that this is me being confident R's hold? :lol:

Nice reply...but why would I be willing to put my money on something I don't have a high degree of confidence in happening?I think the question is: What odds would you need to bet on the Rs keeping the House, PA?

Suff
10-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Oil vs Discretionary Income last 30 days. Oil is Black.

Buckeye
10-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Russia Russia Russia

India India India

Japan Japan Japan

Am I making sense yet?

Buckeye
10-17-2018, 10:18 PM
By the way, who defeated Hitler?

Oh, I thought it was the United States.

horses4courses
10-17-2018, 10:22 PM
just look who's in the WH :eek:

Unlikely the house won't turn blue, but I'm not confident.

I just can't believe there isn't enough dislike of Trump out there to make a statement against him.
He won't like it much, either.......:lol:

Buckeye
10-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Sounds like an introductory level course in logic.

"Unlikely the house won't turn blue, but I'm not confident."

horses4courses
10-17-2018, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Buckeye;2384359]Sounds like an introductory level course in logic.

"Unlikely the house won't turn blue, but I'm not confident."[/QUOTE

Said the same thing in Nov 2016.
Except I left out the part about not being confident :bang:

Clydepuckett
10-18-2018, 02:09 AM
Could not care less about the House. Give Conservative's the Senate and we've got a LOT more judges to confirm in the next two years.

And we will get that......odds on

JustRalph
10-18-2018, 04:03 AM
Could not care less about the House. Give Conservative's the Senate and we've got a LOT more judges to confirm in the next two years.

And we will get that......odds on

This is the real important thing. RBG cannot retire fast enough