PDA

View Full Version : Mattis... you're fired!

elysiantraveller
10-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Well not yet... but soon.

Trump says Defense Secretary Mattis could leave administration: 'He's sort of a Democrat' (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-defense-secretary-mattis-could-leave-administration-hes-sort-of-a-democrat)

woodtoo
10-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Excellent embellishments.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
10-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Excellent embellishments.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Got you to respond. Guessing you didn't read it though right?

chadk66
10-14-2018, 06:38 PM
if he isn't doing the job by all means send him packing.

woodtoo
10-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Got you to respond. Guessing you didn't read it though right?

I read it alright, thats why I responded. The White House is a merry go round at times. Even POTUS isn't perfect you know.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2018, 06:59 PM
if he isn't doing the job by all means send him packing.

He seemed like one that actually enjoys pretty wide support in his job performance.

chadk66
10-14-2018, 07:10 PM
He seemed like one that actually enjoys pretty wide support in his job performance.I didn't see any flaws in anything he's done but we aren't privy to 99% of it. Obviously there are things Trump doesn't like. And he was a huge Mad Dog fan when he hired him. So something has went amuck.

davew
10-14-2018, 07:37 PM
administration jobs are frequently high turn-over .. probably even more so now there is a president who can get more done in a day than previous presidents took a week.

chadk66
10-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Truth is coming out. Trump isn’t firing him at all. Sounds like he is wanting to leave himself. Probably tired as hell of working for the tax payers

Burls
10-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Truth is coming out. Trump isn’t firing him at all. Sounds like he is wanting to leave himself. Probably tired as hell of working for the tax payers
Or tired of working under a sociopathic, serial-liar, incompetent, basket case.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Or tired of working under a sociopathic, serial-liar, incompetent, basket case.BURLS.....FTW

elysiantraveller
10-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Well the "fake" news has been reporting his staff hating it there forever... just saying...

ReplayRandall
10-15-2018, 12:55 AM
Well the "fake" news has been reporting his staff hating it there forever... just saying...

I think Trump might just complete one term only, since Nikki Haley is now stepping aside from her UN role, making her available as Pence's VP in 2020.....The whole scenario looks more likely each passing day.

chadk66
10-15-2018, 09:05 AM
I think Trump might just complete one term only, since Nikki Haley is now stepping aside from her UN role, making her available as Pence's VP in 2020.....The whole scenario looks more likely each passing day.i could live with someone far more conservative than trump.

Tom
10-15-2018, 09:12 AM
Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.
Ely and Burls......totally obsessed and coming apart! :lol::lol::lol:

FantasticDan
12-20-2018, 05:49 PM
https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1075884311147151360

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mattis/pentagon-chief-mattis-quits-citing-policy-differences-with-trump-idUSKCN1OJ2WR

barn32
12-20-2018, 06:27 PM
https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1075884311147151360

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mattis/pentagon-chief-mattis-quits-citing-policy-differences-with-trump-idUSKCN1OJ2WRSo what's the big goddamn deal? When you hire the best and the brightest you can't expect them to at least finish out one lousy term. They have a lot better things to do. Idiot libtards, Jesus, anybody could figure that out. :bang::bang::bang:

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 06:31 PM
I think Trump might just complete one term only, since Nikki Haley is now stepping aside from her UN role, making her available as Pence's VP in 2020.....The whole scenario looks more likely each passing day.

That's an interesting theory.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 06:34 PM
So what's the big goddamn deal? When you hire the best and the brightest you can't expect them to at least finish out one lousy term. They have a lot better things to do. Idiot libtards, Jesus, anybody could figure that out. :bang::bang::bang:

Do you know who the Boss is?

I have made this point before but apparently it went over your head.

fast4522
12-20-2018, 06:38 PM
So what's the big goddamn deal? When you hire the best and the brightest you can't expect them to at least finish out one lousy term. They have a lot better things to do. Idiot libtards, Jesus, anybody could figure that out. :bang::bang::bang:

You should take stock in others here who are more into reality, two years inside the beltway is enough for a solid 90 % of solid administration officials. Only 10 % are into longer stays serving the people inside administrations. It does not matter what party, these positions are high pressure and not all are young people.

Clocker
12-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Do you know who the Boss is?

The boss is the one that should make expectations and policies clear before hiring someone.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Speaking of young people, I heard an argument today for making the Congress reflect the age of the electorate.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 06:46 PM
The boss is the one that should make expectations and policies clear before hiring someone.

What?

I should be a nice person but I really can't be!

Nonsense at best.

sammy the sage
12-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Speaking of young people, I heard an argument today for making the Congress reflect the age of the electorate.

Sounds reasonable to me.

So you WANT someone STILL wet behind the ears still with NO REAL life experience who REALLY doesn't want to work for a living ...make LIFE CHANGING decisions FOR YOU....that's ABSOLUTELY brilliant......

woodtoo
12-20-2018, 08:05 PM
The age of the electorate is somewhere between 18 and 108. You're as young as you feel.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 08:13 PM
So you WANT someone STILL wet behind the ears still with NO REAL life experience who REALLY doesn't want to work for a living ...make LIFE CHANGING decisions FOR YOU....that's ABSOLUTELY brilliant......

Look, I think the Congress should reflect the average age of the Country.

Who's brilliant now?

sammy the sage
12-20-2018, 08:18 PM

Who's brilliant now?

That's a BELOW AVERAGE response in my book....nice back-pedal...What...you been studying the Trump playbook...everyone sees what you did thar....:D

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 08:27 PM
I seriously question if you know anything about "what I studied" but do go on.

I'm going back and find out what the original question asked in this thread was and suggest you do the same.

TJDave
12-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Who's brilliant now?

Would take a constitutional amendment for starters.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 08:33 PM
See how calm I am?

Let that be a lesson to all on this Board.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Would take a constitutional amendment for starters.

It would, very smart comment.

My point (I guess) is maybe while we're at trying to cut everybody up by race, sex, and orientation, throw age into it too.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Man...

Am I like a goddamn wizard or what...?

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 08:53 PM
I guess you are, since this Thread started on 10/14

I didn't see it at the time but you are now truly on my radar screen.

Thank you.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 08:55 PM
Or tired of working under a sociopathic, serial-liar, incompetent, basket case.

BURLS.....FTW

I mean was it surprising?

Aside from the 5th Avenue types who wish to discredit any "anonymous source" this stuff has been obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

Ocala Mike
12-20-2018, 08:59 PM
Like I said, if it wasn't so tragic for the country, this shit would be fun to watch. Please pass the popcorn!

ReplayRandall
12-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Relax.....Mattis will be joining Flynn as Judges on the Military Tribunal in Gitmo, Q-ba...:popcorn::popcorn:

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Mattis leaving is tragic for the country? lulz

Seriously, if I might be, for a moment.

Don't you guys tire of the melodrama? Just for a minute?

barn32
12-20-2018, 09:04 PM
You should take stock in others here who are more into reality, two years inside the beltway is enough for a solid 90 % of solid administration officials. Only 10 % are into longer stays serving the people inside administrations. It does not matter what party, these positions are high pressure and not all are young people.

I put this through Google translate and this is what came out:

Dapat kang kumuha ng stock sa iba dito na higit pa sa katotohanan, ay sapat na para sa isang matatag na 90% ng mga opisyal ng solid administrasyon ng dalawang taon sa loob ng beltway. 10% lamang ang mga sa mas matagal na mananatiling naglilingkod ang mga tao sa loob ng administrasyon. Hindi mahalaga kung anong mga partido, mga posisyong ito ay mataas na presyon at hindi lahat ay mga kabataan.

sammy the sage
12-20-2018, 09:07 PM
I seriously question if you know anything about "what I studied" but do go on.

I'm going back and find out what the original question asked in this thread was and suggest you do the same.

Your stated...younger...then changed your tune to "Average"....pretty cut and dry....and it had nothing to do with Mathis....or what you've studied...

What...do you think you're a politician now...always talking in circles...:pound::lol:

Bet hey...I would vote for you...I believe in term limits so...you'd be fresh meat...which is always better...

Oh...there WAS NO original question...just E.T. made THE call before it would happen...

sammy the sage
12-20-2018, 09:12 PM

I'm trying to recall EXACTLY what guy(S) here actually stated that....I'm thinking you get confused sometimes with your base here & CNN & MSNBC...totally different...yet you keep equating them with here...VERY strange...

Ok...so a couple...E.T...and Fan Dan...

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 09:15 PM
What we have here is a Country, and somebody got elected to run it.

The problem is (too) many on this Board and in the Country itself refuse to accept that.

I must warn you though, side number one will not back down to side number two.

Which side are you on?

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 09:20 PM

Haha...

Its now gotten to the point where you're pulling the "move along nothing to see here..."

sammy the sage
12-20-2018, 09:22 PM
What we have here is a Country, and somebody got elected to run it.

The problem is (too) many on this Board and in the Country itself refuse to accept that.

I must warn you though, side number one will not back down to side number two.

Which side are you on?

That's hardly news...same thing with the last guy too...didn't care for him either...

By the way...70% here have backed the current guy...

I'm fine either way....

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to recall EXACTLY what guy(S) here actually stated that....I'm thinking you get confused sometimes with your base here & CNN & MSNBC...totally different...yet you keep equating them with here...VERY strange...

Ok...so a couple...E.T...and Fan Dan...

I've only maintained the President is a damn moron.

This move hardly surprises me and only confirms that opinion. He is confirming it regularly lately. This place is fun because absolutely nothing the guy does is ever wrong around here... nothing.

We have gofundme's set up to deliver his biggest campaign promise because he's so inept. But around here... MAGA baby!

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Your stated...younger...then changed your tune to "Average"....pretty cut and dry....and it had nothing to do with Mathis....or what you've studied...

What...do you think you're a politician now...always talking in circles...:pound::lol:

Bet hey...I would vote for you...I believe in term limits so...you'd be fresh meat...which is always better...

Oh...there WAS NO original question...just E.T. made THE call before it would happen...

Most of Congress is too old and detached from reality for my liking and does not for that reason alone among others represent the People.

I think I'm on very firm ground with this argument.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:30 PM

Ok...so a couple...E.T...and Fan Dan...Ummm...pretty sure I was responding to Ocala Mike's "tragic" comment....melodrama...pure and simple.

It gets ponderous after a while, you know?

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 09:30 PM

This move hardly surprises me and only confirms that opinion. He is confirming it regularly lately. This place is fun because absolutely nothing the guy does is ever wrong around here... nothing.

We have gofundme's set up to deliver his biggest campaign promise because he's so inept. But around here... MAGA baby!

You could not prove any such thing.

Carry on.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Haha...

Its now gotten to the point where you're pulling the "move along nothing to see here..."no...not really.

Just trying to figure out what ordinary occurrence in any other administration WON'T be "TRAGIC" for the country and the world in THIS administration.

It's been a constant theme...everything is just the worst ever...end of the world stuff. Ordinary things, that go on in all administrations...

For some reason, you eat it up. Which is odd. Because you're supposed to be the smart, rational one.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:33 PM

We have gofundme's set up to deliver his biggest campaign promise because he's so inept. But around here... MAGA baby!here

as if

lulz

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 09:33 PM
That's hardly news...same thing with the last guy too...didn't care for him either...

By the way...70% here have backed the current guy...

I'm fine either way....

The "last guy" was the worst President in American History but you're fine with that?

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 09:34 PM
here

as if

lulz

Move along Mike... nothing to see here...

Mr. Never Right just rambling...

<Checks thread>

Oh yeah... but hey we can't all have your "fake news radar" :lol:

Tom
12-20-2018, 09:41 PM
I bet you wet your pants, didn't you?

Drama Queen.

:sleeping:

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:41 PM
You said here...as if...as if it's the only place that has thoughts like these...

here

lulz

as if

get it now?

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 09:44 PM
You said here...as if...as if it's the only place that has thoughts like these...

here

lulz

as if

get it now?

TIL the wall GoFundMe wasn't just a PA-OT endeavor. :pound::pound:

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Not sure what the heck that means, but I will tell you the gofundme thing is probably the silliest thing I have heard all day.

Buckeye
12-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Take care now.

You too.

Oh yeah.

Tom
12-20-2018, 11:12 PM
TIL the wall GoFundMe wasn't just a PA-OT endeavor. :pound::pound:

No, it was started by a combat vet who is fed up with the liberal BS that dis-respect this country.

Laugh away, funny boy - these vets, I tell ya........

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 11:17 PM
I bet you wet your pants, didn't you?

Drama Queen.

:sleeping:

No, it was started by a combat vet who is fed up with the liberal BS that dis-respect this country.

Laugh away, funny boy - these vets, I tell ya........

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/583/041/d5c.jpg

Tom
12-20-2018, 11:24 PM
Be all you can be, even if it is a cartoon.
At least hcap uses colors.

elysiantraveller
12-20-2018, 11:39 PM
Be all you can be, even if it is a cartoon.
At least hcap uses colors.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LividGreenBantamrooster-size_restricted.gif

barn32
12-20-2018, 11:59 PM
For some reason, you eat it up. Which is odd. Because you're supposed to be the smart, rational one.His superior intellect really gets to you doesn't it?

thaskalos
12-21-2018, 12:09 AM
The "last guy" was the worst President in American History but you're fine with that?

How was the "last guy" worse than GW Bush?

Clocker
12-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Not sure what the heck that means, but I will tell you the gofundme thing is probably the silliest thing I have heard all day.
It is, if only from the standpoint of not being possible and practical.

As far as I can tell, the only way those funds can be used to build a wall is if Congress passes a law establishing a new governmental entity to do the work in conjunction with public funding. I haven't looked into the details, but apparently such a thing was done to allow public funding of the renovation of the Washington Monument.

I seriously doubt that Congress, especially with a new Democratic House, would ever do that.

Buckeye
12-21-2018, 12:20 AM
How was the "last guy" worse than GW Bush?

It may be a close call thaskalos, but I'll give it to Obama based on how much destruction he did.

Buckeye
12-21-2018, 12:24 AM
It is, if only from the standpoint of not being possible and practical.

As far as I can tell, the only way those funds can be used to build a wall is if Congress passes a law establishing a new governmental entity to do the work in conjunction with public funding. I haven't looked into the details, but apparently such a thing was done to allow public funding of the renovation of the Washington Monument.

I seriously doubt that Congress, especially with a new Democratic House, would ever do that.

You have a good point here Clocker but I wouldn't underestimate what the taxpayers (American People) have in mind.

Clocker
12-21-2018, 12:35 AM
It may be a close call thaskalos, but I'll give it to Obama based on how much destruction he did.
Obama gave us ObamaCare and slowed a recovery from a recession that should have taken maybe 3 years to an actual 8 years. Bush got us in a highly questionable war that resulted in over 4000 American soldiers dead and over 30,000 wounded. And untold numbers of civilians dead or wounded.

We have recovered from Obama. Many of us will never recover from Bush. Either was a mediocre president at best by any objective standard. While for the most part I would favor Bush's politics, I would say he did more damage to the country.

Clocker
12-21-2018, 12:40 AM
You have a good point here Clocker but I wouldn't underestimate what the taxpayers (American People) have in mind.

Please enlighten us as to how they plan to evade the law.

Buckeye
12-21-2018, 12:41 AM
I'm liking you more all the time Clocker!

It was a close call like I said.

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2018, 01:32 AM
His superior intellect really gets to you doesn't it?Say what? :pound:

elysiantraveller
12-21-2018, 07:06 AM
His superior intellect really gets to you doesn't it?

You have no idea.

In the other thread he thinks the 9 days of vote whipping is the 2 minutes the president said it would take.

Less than 24 hours before deadline.

reckless
12-21-2018, 07:17 AM
Jim Mattis did the right thing by quitting yesterday.

Mattis said he is quitting because he and his Commander-in-Chief, President Donald J. Trump, had policy differences pertaining to DJT withdrawing troops from Syria, and I guess Afghanistan as well.

At least, the patriotic Mattis had the class to quit under the terms that he described, unlike the phonies, America haters and liars such as McMasters, Comey, Cohn, Brennan, Clapper and way too many others, sad to say.

MutuelClerk
12-21-2018, 07:45 AM

I don't see Pence as electable on the top of any ticket. Nikki Haley IMO would have a much better chance.

Granted, i'm far from the average voter.

sammy the sage
12-21-2018, 08:04 AM

Re-read the entire of mine....meant me personally...not with either president...as I stated...voted 3rd party both times...

nice troll tho...you got me...:coffee:

sammy the sage
12-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Jim Mattis did the right thing by quitting yesterday.

Mattis said he is quitting because he and his Commander-in-Chief, President Donald J. Trump, had policy differences pertaining to DJT withdrawing troops from Syria, and I guess Afghanistan as well.

At least, the patriotic Mattis had the class to quit under the terms that he described, unlike the phonies, America haters and liars such as McMasters, Comey, Cohn, Brennan, Clapper and way too many others, sad to say.

Agree with this...surprised it took so long...had to wait til after the mid-terms & Haley...

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2018, 09:29 AM
You have no idea.

In the other thread he thinks the 9 days of vote whipping is the 2 minutes the president said it would take.

Less than 24 hours before deadline.Thanks guys. I love you both as well.

FantasticDan
12-21-2018, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/SenDuckworth/status/1075922306973777920

ReplayRandall
12-21-2018, 02:33 PM
https://twitter.com/SenDuckworth/status/1075922306973777920

Nah....Mattis and Kelly are soaking up the sun in Cuba right now...:headbanger:

FantasticDan
12-21-2018, 03:55 PM
https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1075909680042557446

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2018, 04:12 PM
Mattis for PREZ!

ALWAYS remember, DEMS love him too!

elysiantraveller
12-21-2018, 04:49 PM
McRaven for President...

Mattis for VP...

Tom
12-22-2018, 08:24 AM
Mattis for SC - that should be fun to watch! :popcorn:

kingfin66
12-22-2018, 12:53 PM
Mattis for PREZ!

ALWAYS remember, DEMS love him too!

Sounds like he is heading to Gitmo and a "Code Red."

Tom
12-22-2018, 01:15 PM
He is just clearing his immediate calendar to be able to devote 100% of his time the next few weeks to Q. :popcorn:

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 02:05 PM
He is just clearing his immediate calendar to be able to devote 100% of his time the next few weeks to Q. :popcorn:

Only the most intelligent on this site know this...:cool:

riskman
12-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Mattis was an obstacle to Trump’s desire to pull troops out of Syria and Afghanistan. The abrupt way Trump announced his apparently one-man decision was was not smart.. The withdrawal of ground troops is sane, and Mattis was and is a large problem. And, for good or ill, Trump — not Mattis — was elected president.
We will see how the cookie crumbles.

Ocala Mike
12-22-2018, 03:00 PM
The cookie's not the only thing crumbling. McGurk just resigned, too.

Face it, the country's being dictated to by whoever gets in Trump's ear last. He's like a 5-yo child who deliberately does what his elders tell him not to do.

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 03:04 PM
The cookie's not the only thing crumbling. McGurk just resigned, too.

Face it, the country's being dictated to by whoever gets in Trump's ear last. He's like a 5-yo child who deliberately does what his elders tell him not to do.

His elders are all deep-state.....Quit being obtuse.

buzzy
12-22-2018, 03:39 PM
The Mattis resignation was his call for a intervention..
Trump has no clue!
The mueller “shit storm “ is coming, what’s gonna be interesting to watch is all congressional republicans pull back support for him

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Trump has no clue!
The mueller “shit storm “ is coming, what’s gonna be interesting to watch is all congressional republicans pull back support for him

Clueless posting in now rampant at PA....:rolleyes:

Ocala Mike
12-22-2018, 04:43 PM
No, Replay, it's "Q-less" posting!

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 04:47 PM
No, Replay, it's "Q-less" posting!
Good one, I deserved that....:ThmbUp:

buzzy
12-22-2018, 04:52 PM
ReplayRandall
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Trump has no clue!
Clueless posting in now rampant at PA....

Stay tuned... “Q”is watching

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 04:57 PM
ReplayRandall
Quote:
Trump has no clue!

Whitaker is in charge, in case you're not aware.....Surprises are coming soon.

Clocker
12-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Surprises are coming soon.

That's really going out on a limb when talking about Trump and friends. :rolleyes:

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 05:05 PM
That's really going out on a limb when talking about Trump and friends. :rolleyes:
I'm gun-shy…...What can I say?...Whatever I say will happen, here comes a funeral delay...:eek:

davew
12-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Who's brilliant now?

If you put age maximums on, you will have people screaming discrimination. The best way to FIX IT, would be with term limits.

I could go for something like

5 terms House ... 10 yrs
2 terms Senate ... 12 yrs

and maybe we should consider 20 yrs SCOTUS

buzzy
12-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Quote:
ReplayRandall
Quote:
Trump has no clue!

“Whitaker” in charge.. are you that naive? I agree Changes are coming..

elysiantraveller
12-22-2018, 06:56 PM

Wasn't Mattis a central player at helping Trump achieve his victory from the beginning?

Now he's part of the Deep State?

Seriously need to know about whether or not I need to renew now or can wait a bit...

Clocker
12-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Wasn't Mattis a central player at helping Trump achieve his victory from the beginning?

Seriously need to know about whether or not I need to renew now or can wait a bit...

Trump is an intelligence vampire. He hires a top adviser, sucks his brain dry, and casts him aside when he is of no further use.

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 07:05 PM

Trump got what he wanted out of Mattis and he dumped him, just like Obama did in 2013....But for totally different reasons. At least that's my perception, you're version could be different.

thaskalos
12-22-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm gun-shy…...What can I say?...Whatever I say will happen, here comes a funeral delay...:eek:

Speaking of "funerals"...is there anything new pertaining to that earth-shattering "Q" revelation that is sure to emerge by January 3rd? :rip:

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Speaking of "funerals"...is there anything else pertaining to that earth-shattering "Q" revelation that is sure to emerge by January 3rd? :rip:

Ginsburg may be already gone...on ice. They'll time her funeral to take place right after Jan 3rd, with the New Congress seated, so the Dem majority House can force new SCOTUS......Except there may be a slight delay of that event happening.

Tom
12-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Trump is an intelligence vampire. He hires a top adviser, sucks his brain dry, and casts him aside when he is of no further use.

It's good to be King!:cool:

sammy the sage
12-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Ginsburg may be already gone...on ice. They'll time her funeral to take place right after Jan 3rd, with the New Congress seated, so the Dem majority House can force new SCOTUS......Except there may be a slight delay of that event happening.

That damn E.T. is a pretty good prognosticator...:pound:

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 10:09 PM
The slight delay is for the New Congress actually being seated on Jan 3rd....

You misunderstood my inference.

sammy the sage
12-22-2018, 10:28 PM
The slight delay is for the New Congress actually being seated on Jan 3rd....

You misunderstood my inference.

Upon further review....you are correct...but he still might be right...next few weeks should be even more entertaining than the last couple...:faint::eek:

elysiantraveller
12-22-2018, 11:19 PM

If there is any Political Scenario I'm stone cold lock sure on its this:

Q will be predicted.

Q won't happen.

Q will be delayed.

But The Storm is Coming.... soon...

In other news I said screw it and renewed my passport... hopefully they push back the January 3rd date... Don't want to miss out on Cuba!

:pound:

ReplayRandall
12-22-2018, 11:22 PM
I'm glad it's all imprinted in your mind....every phrase, every last word. I've done my job.

reckless
12-23-2018, 06:20 AM
I'm glad it's all imprinted in your mind....every phrase, every last word. I've done my job.

And Ely acts like every one on here is a dope and he's the smartest guy in the room.

I just love it when guys that cannot think nor write clearly tell us how smart they are.

elysiantraveller
12-23-2018, 08:18 AM
And Ely acts like every one on here is a dope and he's the smartest guy in the room.

I just love it when guys that cannot think nor write clearly tell us how smart they are.

Good call on the house!

Clocker
12-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Trump tells Mattis not to let the door hit him in the butt as he leaves.

President Donald Trump asked General Jim Mattis to leave his position as Secretary of Defense early, after his decision to resign.

“I am pleased to announce that our very talented Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

“Patrick has a long list of accomplishments while serving as Deputy, and previously Boeing,” Trump wrote. “He will be great!”

Oh, good, another "acting" official. And this one is only "great", not "terrific". :rolleyes:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/23/donald-trump-forces-general-jim-mattis-out-early/

elysiantraveller
12-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Trump tells Mattis not to let the door hit him in the butt as he leaves.

Mattis is the first to resign in protest and wrote a vicious letter on his way out...

Trump can't really let him stay on which he figured out after someone finally read the letter to him. Shanahan doesn't seem to have the aspirations nor is it likely he would be confirmed.

Silver lining: Mattis can begin the interview circuit sooner.:popcorn::popcorn:

Burls
12-23-2018, 12:48 PM

EVERY PA POSTER acts like every one else on here is a dope and he's the smartest guy in the room.

Clocker
12-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Trump can't really let him stay on which he figured out after someone finally read the letter to him.

He read it, he just didn't get it.

Aides said that the president was furious that Mr. Mattis’s resignation letter — in which he rebuked the president’s rejection of international allies and his failure to check authoritarian governments — had led to days of negative news coverage. Mr. Mattis resigned in large part over Mr. Trump’s hasty decision to withdraw American forces from Syria.

When Mr. Trump first announced that Mr. Mattis was leaving, effective Feb. 28, he praised the defense secretary on Twitter, saying he was retiring “with distinction.” One aide said that although Mr. Trump had already seen the resignation letter when he praised Mr. Mattis, the president did not understand just how forceful a rejection of his strategy Mr. Mattis had issued.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/23/us/politics/trump-mattis.html

barn32
12-23-2018, 03:04 PM
Good call on the house!:pound::pound::pound:

fast4522
12-23-2018, 04:52 PM

As it should be, once the task is complete the President fills slots with those who can help complete more tasks. These people serve at the pleasure of the President, imagine a President who does what he says he will do. The left hates him so much because of how effective he has been, the lefts ideology has suffered much damage because of it.

fast4522
12-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Good call on the house!

Every President get clobbered in midterm elections, nothing wrong with making ultra liberals feel bad.

Clocker
12-23-2018, 05:24 PM
As it should be, once the task is complete the President fills slots with those who can help complete more tasks.

I see that one went right over your head. ;)

In case you haven't noticed, Trump gets rid of people who don't agree with his preconceived views, and replaces them with yes men. Some of the best people in the White House have been fired or quit.

fast4522
12-23-2018, 05:32 PM
I see that one went right over your head. ;)

In case you haven't noticed, Trump gets rid of people who don't agree with his preconceived views, and replaces them with yes men. Some of the best people in the White House have been fired or quit.

The President focus is on what he has told the American people, his view is let them do it for themselves. He does not mind kicking ass and leaving, he thinks that without a exit he is enabling these United States as the worlds police. So I guess you missed it, Germany will soon see what they have to do that we no longer do for them.

riskman
12-23-2018, 09:27 PM
It has been reported that Trump does not engage in the arduous task of reading. But then why should he? As he himself has reminded us, he is a stable genius.

Clocker
12-23-2018, 09:56 PM
It has been reported that Trump does not engage in the arduous task of reading. But then why should he? As he himself has reminded us, he is a stable genius.
Trump already knows more about any given subject than his advisers or his Cabinet heads. If you don't believe that, just ask him.

horses4courses
12-23-2018, 10:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvJqxLIWoAAskYV.jpg:small

fast4522
12-23-2018, 11:14 PM
Time for a old man to go home to his wife and retire, and enjoy his grandchildren.

Clocker
12-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Time for a old man to go home to his wife and retire, and enjoy his grandchildren.
I agree, but The Donald's ego is too YUGE to do that.

fast4522
12-23-2018, 11:32 PM
I was cutting maddog, no wife or grandchildren. Over your head.

TJDave
12-24-2018, 02:03 AM
I was cutting maddog, no wife or grandchildren. Over your head.

No wife, no grandchildren. Mattis is a bachelor.

FantasticDan
12-24-2018, 03:24 PM
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1076911873876930561

thaskalos
12-24-2018, 03:27 PM
I agree, but The Donald's ego is too YUGE to do that.

:ThmbUp:

Excellent!

barahona44
12-24-2018, 03:53 PM
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1076911873876930561

I wonder who told Schiff that one.Most politicians aren't humorous enough to be that amusing.

PaceAdvantage
12-28-2018, 02:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvJqxLIWoAAskYV.jpg:smallDid he really?

davew
12-28-2018, 02:57 AM
I wonder who told Schiff that one.Most politicians aren't humorous enough to be that amusing.

He has staff to write his blurbs, speeches and tweets (as do most of the politicians in Washington DC).

delayjf
12-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Interesting take on the Mattis resignation - apparently, Mattis disagreed with President Trump on many issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/after-mattis-trump-needs-a-very-different-kind-of-defense-secretary

FantasticDan
12-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Interesting take on the Mattis resignation - apparently, Mattis disagreed with President Trump on many issues.

:D Thanks for the newsflash :p

delayjf
12-28-2018, 05:33 PM
Well, omnipotent one, it was news to me that Mattis opposed backing out of the Iran Nuclear deal and the Parris climate agreement. That he was against moving the American Embassy in Israel He was against sending US troops down to the Mexican border, and opposed Trump's position to make our allies pay their share of the cost of NATO.

No wonder Trump eluded that Mattis was a democrat. Makes more sense now as to why the left is so upset that Mattis is out, sound like he was more their guy than Trumps. Funny that they never minded when Obama fired him when he was CENTCOM Commander.

fast4522
12-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Well, omnipotent one, it was news to me that Mattis opposed backing out of the Iran Nuclear deal and the Parris climate agreement. That he was against moving the American Embassy in Israel He was against sending US troops down to the Mexican border, and opposed Trump's position to make our allies pay their share of the cost of NATO.

No wonder Trump eluded that Mattis was a democrat. Makes more sense now as to why the left is so upset that Mattis is out, sound like he was more their guy than Trumps. Funny that they never minded when Obama fired him when he was CENTCOM Commander.

Well the man was a safe pick in a new administration so what if he was a democrat, some folks got pissy because of too many generals to posts. The President has much experience in shuffling the personell deck and expected after two years many positions would open up so a constant string of personell is needed. People forget or are surprised that two years inside the beltway is like a decade so omnipotent folks are rarely smart enough to intelligently comment on such things.

Tom
12-30-2018, 10:57 AM
If you do not agree with the POTUS, you have a responsibility to resign.
You serve at HIS pleasure.
Period.

Kudos to Mattis for knowing his role and shutting his hole.

reckless
12-31-2018, 03:35 PM
When Obama fired Jim Mathis was there any outrage?

Of course not -- not in the media, not in DC, and especially not a word from the hate Trump children, snarks and know it alls on this wonderful Web site.

In typical classless manner, the America hating Obama, loved my many liberals here, did not even show a common courtesy of personally notifying or calling Mattis. The General was head of CENTCOM at the time.

A bunch of phonies all of them/you.

elysiantraveller
06-18-2019, 01:26 PM
It's now been over 6 months without a Secretary of Defense...

Trump says Shanahan has withdrawn from Defense secretary consideration (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/trump-drops-patrick-shanahan-for-defense-secretary-post.html)

I guess this explains why Pompeo is meeting with CENTCOM...

ReplayRandall
06-18-2019, 01:55 PM
It's now been over 6 months without a Secretary of Defense...

Trump says Shanahan has withdrawn from Defense secretary consideration (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/trump-drops-patrick-shanahan-for-defense-secretary-post.html)

I guess this explains why Pompeo is meeting with CENTCOM...
No SoD for over 6 months....Is this by design or just nobody wants the job?

If by design, doesn't Trump wield even more power when it comes to war/peace?

ReplayRandall
06-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Secretary of the Army, Mark Esper, to be the new Acting Secretary of Defense.

Tom
06-18-2019, 04:18 PM
What I really want to know is how many other old threads has he revived in that 6 months?:rolleyes: