PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lee Curtis: Halloween Is About A Traumatized Woman Taking Back Power w/GUNS

Andy Asaro
10-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Jamie Lee Curtis: Halloween Is About A Traumatized Woman Taking Back Power (With Help From Lots Of Guns)

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/10/jamie-lee-curtis-making-movies-featuring-guns/

Excerpt;

And let me also say up front (more on this below) that this is not an attack on Jamie Lee Curtis who, politics aside, I sort of like. But let’s get into this because I think there is a real point to be made here. Earlier today Fox News published a story titled “Jamie Lee Curtis wields firearms in new ‘Halloween’ movie despite advocating for gun control.” That really does convey the gist of the story. Curtis has been a proponent of clamping down on guns on social media,

for example:

https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/status/379967033917460480

Tom
10-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Jamie Lee Curtis, 2018
"Money makes the Mommy, Money makes the Mommy."

Hypocrite, yes, but more importantly, she want US to ignore all the other "Jason" movies. Is SHE going to reimburse me the $100 I spent on all those tickets over the years?

I'm rooitin' for JASON! :lol::lol::lol:

thaskalos
10-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Okay...I think I got it now. It's acceptable for actors like Ralph Fiennes and Laurence Olivier to play vicious Nazis in films...because they played the "bad guys". But if an actor plays the "hero" in a film...then he/she should refuse ALL roles which conflict with their "ideology" of what a person should be, or do. Great idea! :ThmbUp:

Tom
10-11-2018, 12:25 AM
Times have changed.
What message is she sending to our kids?
Guns are OK?
Surely this is a new era of morality.

proximity
10-11-2018, 12:33 AM
the series should have died after Donald pleasance did.

ElKabong
10-11-2018, 12:36 AM
what did she build her career on exactly? Sex appeal or her impressive roles ala Meryl Streep.

Ah, the metoo bunch will have her head! (Wait, they follow her because her views align with theirs)

Her only asset was a smoking hot body over a quarter of a century ago. Why anyone would follow her lead on gun control or anything else is beyond me. Always seemed like a nut case to me.

barahona44
10-11-2018, 09:17 AM
To quote Laurence Olivier:

"It's called acting,dear boy"

A more pertinent question is why are they doing what seems to be the 38th remake of "Halloween"? When the f**k is Michael Myers finally going to DIE? :eek:

MikeH
10-11-2018, 10:00 AM
This country needs to come to the realization that the Entertainment & Media Industry is a horrible industry full of immoral, debaucheristic, hedonistic people with a bunch of weak, wimpy, non-masculine men.

And they are trying to tell us how to vote? Sad, Sad, Sad.

Nutz and Boltz
10-11-2018, 10:04 AM
To quote Laurence Olivier:

A more pertinent question is why are they doing what seems to be the 38th remake of "Halloween"?

$$$$ kaching,kaching,kaching

Tom
10-11-2018, 10:08 AM
She herself has said this a movie about "woman power."
So it is a political theme.

Guess woman power trumps gun control. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine this will worth seeing.
Most sequels and remakes are horrible crap.
JMHO.

Halloween had one good version - the first one.
The rest of them were snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

barahona44
10-11-2018, 10:37 AM
This country needs to come to the realization thatthe Entertainment & Media Industry is a horrible industry full of immoral, debaucheristic, hedonistic people with a bunch of weak, wimpy, non-masculine men.

And they are trying to tell us how to vote? Sad, Sad, Sad.

What were Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump doing before the presidency? :lol: ;)