PDA

View Full Version : Wood: Unsolicited Advice to Judge Kavanaugh: Sue Them All

Andy Asaro
10-05-2018, 08:26 PM
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/05/unsolicited_advice_to_judge_kavanaugh_sue_them_all _138264.html

Excerpt:

The members of this list, and many others, have demonstrated considerably more than the requisite degree of recklessness in promoting their agendas by accusing you. Their constant republications of unsubstantiated accusations have and will adversely impact your life – and the lives of your family members – for generations. Sue them all.

I gave this same advice to Richard Jewell in 1996 when he was falsely accused of the terrorist bombing of Centennial Park while the world was watching the media frenzy that occurred during the Olympic Games in Atlanta. The media and Richard’s “friends” accused him on a daily basis until the truth finally emerged. Initially, Richard did not want to sue, but he knew that the option of doing nothing was unacceptable. A line had been crossed. Richard had no other place to go to seek redress and accountability. Richard never regretted taking legal action and, in the process, he achieved a measure of justice. I predict you would as well.

Dave Schwartz
10-05-2018, 10:13 PM
What amazes me is that our world has denigrated into "trial-by-social-media."

Imagine that you (said to nobody in particular) are accused of this crime by someone from your childhood. Seriously, CHILDHOOD.

There is no real evidence other than hearsay remembrances that cannot be substantiated except by other hearsay remembrances.

Now, the statute of limitations has long ago run out, but a conviction in the court of public opinion is deadly if you've built anything that resembles a successful life.

If you lost your job and possibly career over this, you'd be mad as hell. You'd be crying, "Where's the proof?"

This was just wrong.

Make no mistake. I'd be defending him the same way if he was a Democrat.

fast4522
10-05-2018, 10:23 PM
What amazes me is that our world has denigrated into "trial-by-social-media."

Imagine that you (said to nobody in particular) are accused of this crime by someone from your childhood. Seriously, CHILDHOOD.

There is no real evidence other than hearsay remembrances that cannot be substantiated except by other hearsay remembrances.

Now, the statute of limitations has long ago run out, but a conviction in the court of public opinion is deadly if you've built anything that resembles a successful life.

If you lost your job and possibly career over this, you'd be mad as hell. You'd be crying, "Where's the proof?"

This was just wrong.

Make no mistake. I'd be defending him the same way if he was a Democrat.

But they never expected a non politician that would disrupt their elite establishment world having the masses confused so they can rule forever. Now Chuck Schumer and his gang of geriatric leadership of the left are shitting bricks. This is not wrong for them, they face extinction or being frozen out.

JustRalph
10-05-2018, 11:27 PM
I hope he accepts the gofundme money gives half a million to a team of lawyers and cuts them loose

ElKabong
10-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Id wait until after mid terms, then go after Ford. Hard. The real target wouldn't be ford, a trial would shake the tree of scumbags that pushed this sham. Feinstein, her "beach friend/ FBI polygraph buddy", any staff members of Feinstein that enabled this shit show.

The carnage would be awesome, but risky for repubs. Why risk a downside to this unreal gift the dems gave them a month before the elections? I can see reasons for going after ford, and see reasons for laying back and letting them twist in the wind. This Ford -Feinstein episode will be one for the history books.

mostpost
10-06-2018, 01:47 AM
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/05/unsolicited_advice_to_judge_kavanaugh_sue_them_all _138264.html

Excerpt:

The members of this list, and many others, have demonstrated considerably more than the requisite degree of recklessness in promoting their agendas by accusing you. Their constant republications of unsubstantiated accusations have and will adversely impact your life – and the lives of your family members – for generations. Sue them all.

I gave this same advice to Richard Jewell in 1996 when he was falsely accused of the terrorist bombing of Centennial Park while the world was watching the media frenzy that occurred during the Olympic Games in Atlanta. The media and Richard’s “friends” accused him on a daily basis until the truth finally emerged. Initially, Richard did not want to sue, but he knew that the option of doing nothing was unacceptable. A line had been crossed. Richard had no other place to go to seek redress and accountability. Richard never regretted taking legal action and, in the process, he achieved a measure of justice. I predict you would as well.

He is not going to sue anyone. He is afraid of what might come out. On the other hand, don't be surprised if there is a civil suit against him by Ford and others.

mostpost
10-06-2018, 01:53 AM
Id wait until after mid terms, then go after Ford. Hard. The real target wouldn't be ford, a trial would shake the tree of scumbags that pushed this sham. Feinstein, her "beach friend/ FBI polygraph buddy", any staff members of Feinstein that enabled this shit show.

The carnage would be awesome, but risky for repubs. Why risk a downside to this unreal gift the dems gave them a month before the elections? I can see reasons for going after ford, and see reasons for laying back and letting them twist in the wind. This Ford -Feinstein episode will be one for the history books.

You really think Kavanaugh's confirmation is a positive for Republicans in the mid terms? That is priceless. This has galvanized and energized the Democrats as nothing else could have. The Democrats were going to take back the House anyway, this just makes It more certain. Even the senate is in play.

ElKabong
10-06-2018, 02:15 AM
You really think Kavanaugh's confirmation is a positive for Republicans in the mid terms? That is priceless. This has galvanized and energized the Democrats as nothing else could have. The Democrats were going to take back the House anyway, this just makes It more certain. Even the senate is in play.

My best jay trotter impression (to looney)

"Do I think the repubs are energized over the sham the dems pulled on the false allegations? I'm posting on a horse racing board at 1am and I have to wake up in six hours. I've been beside myself watching multiple women accuse a man of sexual assault, offering NO proof, no corroborating witnesses, no evidence, all in the days leading up to his Nomination to the Supreme Court. And you ask me "do I think the repubs are energized over these false allegations '.....YES ! Yes I think we're energized"

sammy the sage
10-06-2018, 07:09 AM
He is not going to sue anyone. He is afraid of what might come out. On the other hand, don't be surprised if there is a civil suit against him by Ford and others.

As I've stated previously...WHERE ARE THOSE CIVIL suits????...Well...cause if they had anything....woulda ALREADY been filed....:rolleyes:

tucker6
10-06-2018, 07:41 AM
My best jay trotter impression (to looney)

"Do I think the repubs are energized over the sham the dems pulled on the false allegations? I'm posting on a horse racing board at 1am and I have to wake up in six hours. I've been beside myself watching multiple women accuse a man of sexual assault, offering NO proof, no corroborating witnesses, no evidence, all in the days leading up to his Nomination to the Supreme Court. And you ask me "do I think the repubs are energized over these false allegations '.....YES ! Yes I think we're energized"
damn right we are.

Tom
10-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Sue them all!
Let the chips fall where they may.

Best case scenario - it goes to the Suprem Court! :headbanger:

Dave Schwartz
10-06-2018, 12:57 PM
As I've stated previously...WHERE ARE THOSE CIVIL suits????...Well...cause if they had anything....woulda ALREADY been filed....:rolleyes:

You mean against Kavanaugh?

davew
10-07-2018, 04:00 AM

don't forget about her friend. Find out who the lawyers are who kept trying to get her to change her story and jail them for witness tampering.

sammy the sage
10-07-2018, 06:41 AM
You mean against Kavanaugh?

yes...

Dave Schwartz
10-07-2018, 10:25 AM
yes...

Boy, do I agree.

Indeed, where are the lawsuits?

Speaking of "suits, with all those powerful lawyers in Blasy Ford's corner, and all that money behind them, why didn't they launch their own serious investigation instead of just making claims?

Tom
10-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Trump needs to call for a special investigation.

ElKabong
10-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Boy, do I agree.

Indeed, where are the lawsuits?

Speaking of "suits, with all those powerful lawyers in Blasy Ford's corner, and all that money behind them, why didn't they launch their own serious investigation instead of just making claims?

This board needs a feature where you can do a Thumbs Up, or a Thumbs Down. If it was available I'd go Thumbs Up on the above post.

We all know the answer, the allegations were false and politically motivated.

Greyfox
10-07-2018, 03:22 PM
This board needs a feature where you can do a Thumbs Up, or a Thumbs Down.

Helllooooo. :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown:

horses4courses
10-07-2018, 03:23 PM
the allegations were false and politically motivated.

Which, of course, raises the point that had the situation been reversed,
Republicans would have done the same, or worse, to any liberal nominee.

boxcar
10-07-2018, 03:23 PM

If there was anything, all Ford had to do was file a formal criminal complaint with the proper law enforcement authorities in MaryLand. This would have stopped yesterday's Senate in its tracks. Heck...even the State of Maryland encouraged her to file a complaint. But she knows she's an empty skirt airhead and that she would risk everything she had going that route.

ElKabong
10-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Helllooooo. :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown:

Not the same. Go to hornfans.com for an example. You can click a check mark or a Hook Em for agree, an X for disagree. At the bottom of a post (in this case, Dave's) you can see how many posters clicked agree and how many disagree. You can also see what posters clicked what. Pretty cool feature.

No offense intended but by posting just a Thumbs Up is wasted space IMO

ElKabong
10-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Which, of course, raises the point that had the situation been reversed,
Republicans would have done the same, or worse, to any liberal nominee.

I'm not aware of a dem that was falsely accused of sexual misconduct on the senate floor. Please detail.

I know Hillary and Bill were crying about a right wing conspiracy, but then that pesky blue dress of Lewinski entered the picture. Had to walk that shit back real fast.