PDA

View Full Version : Backlash?

JustRalph
10-03-2018, 11:26 PM
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/654015874/poll-amid-kavanaugh-confirmation-battle-democratic-enthusiasm-edge-evaporates

I’m not convinced

Buckeye
10-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Don't worry Just Ralph, there is such a thing as overplaying your hand.

and They have done it.

All they did was give the GOP a huge Midterm victory.

ElKabong
10-04-2018, 12:45 AM
If this poll is reliable, it won't set well with Elysian. Conservative women have awoken lately :)

Fact, at least in my state... Married women are conservative, unmarried are more likely liberal. It's played out in polls, it's played out in real life experiences. Just about every woman I come across (a) doesn't believe fords story (b) see the ordeal for what it is. A dirty political trick.

One thing Feinstein et al forgot to factor. Married Women have daughters. Exposing Kavenaugh's kids to this is every parent's nightmare. Not easy for a parent to know his and her kids will face what sanders and Cruz experienced in public. Open hatred from the ignorant on a daily basis.

Those kids are 10 and 12. And they'll live in a hell only a parent can imagine.

Well done, dems. Walk proud.

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 09:06 AM
If this poll is reliable, it won't set well with Elysian. Conservative women have awoken lately :)

Fact, at least in my state... Married women are conservative, unmarried are more likely liberal. It's played out in polls, it's played out in real life experiences. Just about every woman I come across (a) doesn't believe fords story (b) see the ordeal for what it is. A dirty political trick.

One thing Feinstein et al forgot to factor. Married Women have daughters. Exposing Kavenaugh's kids to this is every parent's nightmare. Not easy for a parent to know his and her kids will face what sanders and Cruz experienced in public. Open hatred from the ignorant on a daily basis.

Those kids are 10 and 12. And they'll live in a hell only a parent can imagine.

Well done, dems. Walk proud.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

woodtoo
10-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Eli's head has exploded Trump broke him .:pound:

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Eli's head has exploded Trump broke him .:pound:

Whenever a poll gets posted that disagrees with the Trump team on here it gets attacked.

Whenever it agrees it gets posted.

Millennials are polling at 35% likely which is a huge number.

Trump is -20 on AVERAGE in the gender gap right now.

The statistics do not look good and that poll is kinda faulty in its questioning. The way the question is worded you would definitely expect a slight tilt in Republican intensity.

The OP even mentions this when sharing it.

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 09:33 AM
The real problem for the GOP isn't really base turnout.

It's the sort of voters who swung to Trump in places like MI, WI, and PA.... people who were not really all that informed about politics, and decided to vote for Trump because they thought that anything might be better than the status quo of Clinton - just aren't partisan Republicans, and won't turn out in a midterm to "own the libs" even if they still support Trump.

Those three states have been triaged by the GOP as total losses this midterm cycle. That should be an indication.

Tom
10-04-2018, 10:21 AM
How will it play out in Fargo?:rolleyes:

boxcar
10-04-2018, 11:53 AM
How will it play out in Fargo?:rolleyes:

"Okay then..." :coffee:

GaryG
10-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Momentum from this witch hunt could be a key factor in dumping dem senator Jon Tester in Montana. Tester's position on the Kavanaugh "assault" has Montana republicans galvanized. Like West Virginia, this is a red state that is set to replace a dem senator. IN WV Joe Manchin is personally well liked, but his time has come.

ElKabong
10-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Even on msnbc this morning they ere talking about the awakening of the red state voters. Conservative women in particular.

I think dems take the House but the repubs remain majority in the senate. Just a month ago it looked like the dems had a great shot at a senate majority but they pissed it all away with the Feinstein - ford dog and pony show.

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Even on msnbc this morning they ere talking about the awakening of the red state voters. Conservative women in particular.

I think dems take the House but the repubs remain majority in the senate. Just a month ago it looked like the dems had a great shot at a senate majority but they pissed it all away with the Feinstein - ford dog and pony show.

Democrats have never thought the Senate was great and have been no better than 3-1 to take it.

Its the most Republican friendly election map you could ever hope to have with a incumbent in the White House.

Heitkamp's website has crashed with her no vote due to donation influx which is interesting... especially since that state is impossible to poll accurately. It was a winnable state for the R's to begin with... will be interesting to see how that plays out.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Democrats have never thought the Senate was great and have been no better than 3-1 to take it.Pretty sure I remember you posting not too long ago that House was a lock to turn blue and Senate was looking better every minute. I'm too lazy to hunt for the exact post, so I'll leave it to you to school me otherwise.

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Pretty sure I remember you posting not too long ago that House was a lock to turn blue and Senate was looking better every minute. I'm too lazy to hunt for the exact post, so I'll leave it to you to school me otherwise.

Those statements are still true.

ReplayRandall
10-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Those statements are still true.

They aren't "true", they're just your opinion that your steadfast in....:rolleyes:

chadk66
10-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Heitkamp is done in ND too. She actually threw in the towel today when she said she was not voting for K. She is polling ten points down now after leading. So she has nothing to loose and knows it.

Buckeye
10-04-2018, 07:04 PM
voters who swung to Trump in places like MI, WI, and PA.... people who were not really all that informed about politics

They knew exactly what they were doing.

elysiantraveller
10-04-2018, 07:33 PM
They knew exactly what they were doing.

I guess.

Trump's pick for Governor in Michigan is currently down about 10 and the GRC has pulled his money.