PDA

View Full Version : How do jockey’s and trainer’s make an objection?

ZippyChippy423
10-02-2018, 09:43 PM
I would assume it’s some type of hand gesture from a jockey but what exactly is it and to whom? What about the trainer making one? What does he or she do ? Also how much time do they have to put the objection in?

Fred Mertz
10-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Jockey's and trainer's?

WTF did you go to school? Yes, I'm expecting a red card. I was trying to be polite without success.

Edit: Zip, you post the most meaningless threads in my opinion. You post threads too often. Why don't you look up how objections are handled. It might take you five minutes of your valuable time.

ZippyChippy423
10-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Some tracks make races official pretty quick. I just assume how a jockey claims foul but not exactly sure. Trainers could be anywhere and possibly not even present so how do they do it? I don’t believe this is common knowledge for an average fan.

wisconsin
10-02-2018, 09:56 PM
I would assume it’s some type of hand gesture from a jockey but what exactly is it and to whom? What about the trainer making one? What does he or she do ? Also how much time do they have to put the objection in?

Jockey alerts the outrider when pulling up. Outriders have 2 way radios...

airford1
10-02-2018, 10:10 PM

The rider just jumps off and says "THAT'S BULL SHIT"

v j stauffer
10-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Jockey alerts the outrider when pulling up. Outriders have 2 way radios...

A some tracks there's a guy standing on the outside rail basically diagonal to the 7/8th pole.

For many years in California that guy was, still is, ex jockey Larry Gilligan.

Very nice man. Had dinner with Larry when I was a Steward at Del Mar a few years back.

v j stauffer
10-02-2018, 11:07 PM
A some tracks there's a guy standing on the outside rail basically diagonal to the 7/8th pole.

Very nice man. Had dinner with Larry when I was a Steward at Del Mar a few years back.

For trainers there are three dedicated,direct line, phones. One in the grandstand. One in the Clubhouse and one in the racing office.

wisconsin
10-02-2018, 11:41 PM
For trainers there are three dedicated,direct line, phones. One in the grandstand. One in the Clubhouse and one in the racing office.

Owners can also lodge claim of foul, though it's rare. At least, they used to be able to...

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2018, 11:41 PM
The rider just jumps off and says "THAT'S BULL SHIT"I'm gonna go with this one...:lol:

v j stauffer
10-03-2018, 02:51 AM
Owners can also lodge claim of foul, though it's rare. At least, they used to be able to...

In California an owner can lodge a claim of foul.

jay68802
10-03-2018, 10:50 AM
The rider just jumps off and says "THAT'S BULL SHIT"

:lol:

Wrong sport, "THAT'S HORSE SHIT" is the proper way for a objection.;)

spiketoo
10-03-2018, 12:43 PM
I wanna know where their pockets are cuz they have to check their tickets first.

green80
10-04-2018, 07:23 PM
In California an owner can lodge a claim of foul.

and in Louisiana an owner can still claim foul

chadk66
10-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Yes Jockey notifies outrider when pulling up after race. Trainer usually lodges his claim with the clerk of scales in the winners circle or where they have the scale right close by the winners circle.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-07-2018, 12:19 PM
There are about a million races I never saw in my life, but of the ones I've seen I've never seen a trainer objection upheld.

dilanesp
10-07-2018, 12:22 PM

I believe his brother was Terry Gilligan, the announcer at Santa Anita from 1972-74.

ZippyChippy423
10-07-2018, 09:05 PM
There was a trainer objection upheld at Hollywood Park several years ago made by Peter Miller. No jockey objection or inquiry just trainer objection.

v j stauffer
10-08-2018, 06:37 PM
I believe his brother was Terry Gilligan, the announcer at Santa Anita from 1972-74.

You believe correctly.

v j stauffer
10-08-2018, 06:43 PM
There was a trainer objection upheld at Hollywood Park several years ago made by Peter Miller. No jockey objection or inquiry just trainer objection.

It's not as unusual as some might think. I've seen several times where a trainer will tell the jock not to claim foul because he knows that jock rides for the trainer who he'd be claiming against and doesn't want to make waves.

One thing I can refute for a fact is the belief that stewards aren't likely to give as much weight to an objection as an inquiry.

For me and many of my fellow stewards that was meaningless. We would treat an objection with the same respect and thorough review of the film as any inquiry we initiated.

v j stauffer
10-08-2018, 06:46 PM
There are about a million races I never saw in my life, but of the ones I've seen I've never seen a trainer objection upheld.

Not questioning your experiences. But I have seen several upheld. Of course it's uncommon. But of course I'm also VERY OLD. :eek: