PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER promise kept as Canada joins keeping Nafta trilateral

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 05:42 AM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1046696686804918272

reckless
10-01-2018, 06:36 AM
Actually a Canadian surrender is more like it.

Canada, and the rest of the world, is finding out that dealing with a leader who posseses both brainz and ballz is a lot more difficult than past dealings with stupid, corrupt politicians, such as most of the GOP establishment.

And, let's not forget ... this deal puts to rest previous stupid and ignorant predictions and opinions spewed by the Trump hating geniuses that Trump couldn't get done what he said he would do per NAFTA.

The market should rise today big time, onward and upward to 30,000.

Never say you weren't warned.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Never say you weren't warned.

https://media.tenor.com/images/55f7fcee9886789d9cef16c2064e46d8/tenor.gif

reckless
10-01-2018, 09:22 AM
The ignorant know it alls on this site don't realize we are laughing at them.

Many many months ago when anti-Trump geniuses said that his trade policies will cause the market to thumble and the economy to crash, I said that the Dow will hit 30,000 long before it hits 15,000 or so.

I am closer to being correct --yet again, dear child-- than being wrong.

Being wrong is something you consistently excel at. As if we need reminding on that score. Which is why we laugh at the true ignorance of too many on here.

boxcar
10-01-2018, 09:33 AM

Many many months ago when anti-Trump geniuses said that his trade policies will cause the market to thumble and the economy to crash, I said that the Dow will hit 30,000 long before it hits 15,000 or so.

Being wrong is something you consistently excel at. As if we need reminding on that score. Which is why we laugh at the true ignorance of too many on here.

Okay...you're on a roll today. :ThmbUp: :coffee:

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 09:34 AM

https://i.gifer.com/9J6.gif

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Okay...you're on a roll today. :ThmbUp: :coffee:

What's even funnier about this is he could have just amended NAFTA...

Now we have to vote on it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 09:59 AM
What's even funnier about this is he could have just amended NAFTA...

Now we have to vote on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

What is it you get out of knocking the deal? He's kept more promises than the last 3 Presidents put together.

Is the new deal better for the U.S. or not?

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 10:06 AM
What is it you get out of knocking the deal? He's kept more promises than the last 3 Presidents put together.

Is the new deal better for the U.S. or not?

He picked a fight and extracted nothing out of Canada they hadn't already agreed to...

He's an embarrassment.

The spin cycles of Trump Supporters are turned up to max right now... that's why we're talking about things like the DOW going up.

Sure its going to go up now that the President has picked a trade fight then backed down... again.

They definitely don't want to talk about the actual agreement...

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 10:07 AM
He picked a fight and extracted nothing out of Canada they hadn't already agreed to...

He's an embarrassment.

If he's an embarrassment how would you classify the last couple of presidents? Both were bad. They both screwed up most of what they did.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 10:09 AM
If he's an embarrassment how would you classify the last couple of presidents? Both were bad. They both screwed up most of what they did.

Well he just agreed to TPP with Canada so...

I'd say they did a better job on the trade front seeing as how they had 10 other countries on board.

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Well he just agreed to TPP with Canada so...

I'd say they did a better job on the trade front seeing as how they had 10 other countries on board.

In other words this was a big loss for the United States. Got it.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 10:27 AM
In other words this was a big loss for the United States. Got it.

The Administration entered into a trade fight with Canada and wasn't able to extract its major demands:

Sunset Clause every 5 years - Nope
Removal of Chapter 19 - Nope

Meanwhile Canada agreed to allow market access it had already allowed in TPP and CETA. They also negotiated a massive exemption for themselves should the United States engage in trade war in the automotive sector.

Pointblank who do you think came out better?

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 10:34 AM
The Administration entered into a trade fight with Canada and wasn't able to extract its major demands:

Meanwhile Canada agreed to allow market access it had already allowed in TPP and CETA. They also negotiated a massive exemption for themselves should the United States engage in trade war in the automotive sector.

Pointblank who do you think came out better?

Canada kicked our asses.:lol:

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Canada kicked our asses.:lol:

Honestly... yeah... kinda.

(Unless you think being able to sell them $800 Million in Milk is some sort of resounding win after 6 months of posturing.)

*China chuckles*

Tom
10-01-2018, 11:11 AM

And have been for quite some time now.
I see they thing Trump is an embarrassment-0 he IS....to their predictions! :lol::lol::lol:

Wah waaah.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 11:21 AM
And have been for quite some time now.
I see they thing Trump is an embarrassment-0 he IS....to their predictions! :lol::lol::lol:

Wah waaah.

Lending credence to the idea Trump supporters are morons...

"worst trade deal in the history of the world" - Trump

Got Milk?

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Lending credence to the idea Trump supporters are morons...

"worst trade deal in the history of the world" - Trump

Got Milk?

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1046714711268622336

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 11:27 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1046714711268622336

Its 5% access to a $16 billion dollar industry and Canada had already agreed to it...

This is Trump putting lipstick on a pig. Its pretty funny how "historic" this deal is.

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Pointblank who do you think came out better?This is much better than the annoying animated GIFs you started out with.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 11:32 AM
This is much better than the annoying animated GIFs you started out with.

There are two threads on this.

I actually wrote what was agreed to in the other...

The GIFs were just personal reactions to the spin-cycle turning on.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 11:37 AM
This is much better than the annoying animated GIFs you started out with.

And like I said earlier... the funniest part is this all has to be passed by Congress...

They actually made more work for themselves instead of simply just agreeing to upgrade NAFTA within its existing framework.

FantasticDan
10-01-2018, 11:44 AM
There are two threads on this.

And there shouldn't be. There was already a new thread on the topic and there was no reason for AA to start another one.

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone starting multiple threads about the same person/topic/event/etc.

Good one Dan. Wish I had a MEME to go along with my post.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone starting multiple threads about the same person/topic/event/etc.

Good one Dan. Wish I had a MEME to go along with my post.

Want me to make you one?

cordoba
10-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Another sucker deal.:pound:

Tom
10-01-2018, 03:22 PM
And there shouldn't be. There was already a new thread on the topic and there was no reason for AA to start another one.

You a mod now? :rolleyes:

Andy Asaro
10-01-2018, 03:48 PM

I wouldn't have put it up if I noticed another thread. Mods can combine, delete, or do anything they'd like. I have zero problem with that type of intervention. Just do it. :)

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Another sucker deal.:pound:Insightful

JustRalph
10-01-2018, 04:40 PM
If it’s such a bad deal for the U.S. why did I see Trudeau getting so much flak?

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Conspiratorial pacifying of the baby in chief.

schweitz
10-01-2018, 06:48 PM
The US now has veto authority over any trade deal made by Canada or Mexico with third parties.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 07:01 PM
The US now has veto authority over any trade deal made by Canada or Mexico with third parties.

Um... no.

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 07:02 PM
If it’s such a bad deal for the U.S. why did I see Trudeau getting so much flak?

We are basing how well we did on a deal the media in the other country is portraying it and not what is actually in the deal?

Tom
10-01-2018, 07:45 PM

OMG!
THAT cannot be good.
Right, Ely?

(Rhetoricl)

Tom
10-01-2018, 07:46 PM
We are basing how well we did on a deal the media in the other country is portraying it and not what is actually in the deal?

Better YOU before even reading it!

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Better YOU before even reading it!

I've read it.

Posted it.

Commented on it as the story was breaking live.

I get Tom... you're crazy jealous and its flattering... but I'm not interested in a Devil's Triangle involving you.

Tom
10-01-2018, 07:53 PM
OMG.....you are in love with yourself! :pound::pound::pound:

elysiantraveller
10-01-2018, 07:57 PM
OMG.....you are in love with yourself! :pound::pound::pound:

First step in getting someone else to love you...

You taking notes?

I'm here to help. :ThmbUp:

incoming
10-02-2018, 05:59 AM
President Trump gave a speech Monday about the new trilateral trade agreement USMCA yesterday. He and head negotiator Bob lighthouse give a lengthy explanation of some of the details. They promise millions of new jobs and a big boost in the car industry. A 40 minute press conference at the end discussing many topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTHFOUMBcA

Tom
10-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Uh oh...MORE bad news!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/stock-futures-climb-as-us-canada-confirm-new-trade-deal

Stocks surged Monday as Canada and the U.S. reached a trade deal that also includes Mexico, and key changes at the top of major corporations boosted investor sentiment.