PDA

View Full Version : Application of justice of mercy dividing the union

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Justice is receiving what you deserve. Mercy is receiving what you do not deserve. The unequal application of justice and mercy is being demonstrated in the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing regarding Ford's and Kavanaugh's testimony.

The facts controlling the application of justice and mercy regarding Ford and Kavanaugh. The hearing was based on she said, they said testimony. Kavanaugh is part of they said. She said, Ford, accused Kavanaugh of criminal sexual assault, at some party of get together. They said, witnesses provided by Ford no such party or get together ever happened, even to the extent one of "they" refuted ever meeting kavanaugh with or without Ford.

The dems asked for mercy for poor Ford. How is it mercy? They want Ford to be believed with out any corroborating facts, especially when the basic fact of a party or gathering happening has been denied by the other named witnesses to this party or gathering. Justice would demand that Ford not to be believed, because there is no corroborating facts to believe her about any claim of abuse. However, the repub senators, allowed her the mercy of believing she suffered some abuse, but it could not have been at this non-existent party.

The dems on the other hand, who has corroborating evidence, Ford's named witnesses, that Kavanaugh is telling the truth that he did not attend a party or get together will not give Kavanaugh the justice he is entitled to, to be believed, under the facts, nor will the give Kavanuagh mercy under the benefit of doubt. The dems will not give kavanaugh their mercy under the benefit doubt, which is the same standard they asked the repubs to use for Ford.

The above is one example of this continuing behavior by the dems demanding mercy for their annointed one, while denying justice and mercy to others.

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Another example of the misapplication of the principles of justice and mercy in the hearing.

Sen. Feinstein withheld information from the committee. Justice demands that the information should be excluded. The Sen. instead of following her duty to report the information to allow an investigation to take place in a timely manner, used the info as a political tool. As the info was used as a political maneuver, justice would demand the info would be excluded by a political maneuver.

Once again the dems plead for mercy. They know Feinstein violated her obligations for political reasons and justice demands for a supplemental investigation should be denied. However, Flake gives into his friends tears begging for mercy. Flake gives in by supporting a limited investigation in time and scope. What do the dems do? They now demand more mercy, disguised under the principle of justice, that the supplemental investigation must not be limited as they actually agreed to with Flake. Again justice demands that the dems get what they deserved through mercy extended to them a supplemental investigation limited in duration and scope.

People are having a visceral reaction to this misapplication of the fundamental principles of justice and mercy, even without consciously knowing their reactions are based in these fundamental notions.

The dems even misapplied the principles of justice and mercy to Ford.

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Feinstein and her pals gave neither justice or mercy to Ford. Justice, for Ford, would have been respecting Ford's wishes, while investigating her allegations of sexual harassment. Feinstein and her pals did not give her justice , they did not investigate her allegations, even though there is a mechanism in place to investigate allegations with out violating Ford's confidentiality and privacy.

So no justice for Ford. How about mercy? Ford asked that her allegations be held confidentially so her privacy would be protected. The dems leaked the allegations violating Ford's plea for confidentiality and privacy. No mercy for Ford.

People are instinctively seeing this pattern of no justice or mercy for anyone, unless it is to gain political power for themselves.

This explains the treatment of their own Rep. Ellison's accuser. She is not worthy of justice or mercy, because it does not advance or increase political power.

chadk66
09-30-2018, 03:03 PM
Feinstein used this simply as a delay tactic. She doesn’t even believe this nor does she care.

clicknow
09-30-2018, 03:14 PM
This explains the treatment of their own Rep. Ellison's accuser. She is not worthy of justice or mercy, because it does not advance or increase political power.[/QUOTE]

Feinstein did Ford no favors, that's for sure. And it was a very bad behavior on her part. Absolutely wrong. I couldn't give Ellison my vote even if I were a democrat, unless I just gulped and vote "party line".

Which is how most people seem to vote, so I guess that would be forgivable. :lol:

People are instinctively seeing this pattern of no justice or mercy for anyone, unless it is to gain political power for themselves.

I'm sorry but you'd have a real hard time pretending that this is not true of both political parties and/or many of the individuals in either.

Poltiical party, from my experiences in life, does not determine one's honesty, character, compassion, intelligence, etc. any more than going to any one church or not going to any one church at all does.

This tendency to make sweeping generalizations about people based on loose groupings always amazes me.

My neighbors on the right walked my dog when I had foot surgery, and fly a Trump flag in their yard. My neighbors on the right did my grocery shopping when I had the flu and they are flaming liberals.

Black/White world views are what mostly keeps me from wanting to *know* certain people. I find them to be rather closed minded. :(

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Feinstein used this simply as a delay tactic. She doesn’t even believe this nor does she care.

Bingo that is the point. It is all about political power for the dems. This union of states is based on justice for all and in appropriate cases mercy. The dems are violating the principles of justice and mercy in pursuit of political power.

The idea of justice for all and when appropriate mercy is a fundamental principle. All people want fairness.

The country is polarized because one side always wants mercy, while never giving mercy under the excuse of wanting justice, just so they can gain political power. People need to see the light.

If you don't understand the root cause for a problem, you can't understand how to fix it. There is no bi-partisanship because of the abuse, by the dems, of the principles of Justice and mercy. See Graham's about remembering how they are treating Kavanaugh.

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 03:24 PM
This explains the treatment of their own Rep. Ellison's accuser. She is not worthy of justice or mercy, because it does not advance or increase political power.

Feinstein did Ford no favors, that's for sure. And it was a very bad behavior on her part. Absolutely wrong. I couldn't give Ellison my vote even if I were a democrat, unless I just gulped and vote "party line".

Which is how most people seem to vote, so I guess that would be forgivable. :lol:

I'm sorry but you'd have a real hard time pretending that this is not true of both political parties and/or many of the individuals in either.

Poltiical party, from my experiences in life, does not determine one's honesty, character, compassion, intelligence, etc. any more than going to any one church or not going to any one church at all does.

This tendency to make sweeping generalizations about people based on loose groupings always amazes me.

My neighbors on the right walked my dog when I had foot surgery, and fly a Trump flag in their yard. My neighbors on the right did my grocery shopping when I had the flu and they are flaming liberals.

Black/White world views are what mostly keeps me from wanting to *know* certain people. I find them to be rather closed minded. :([/QUOTE]

I don't have to pretend. I gave three examples of the abuse of these principles just in this hearing.

BTW weren't you the one talking about fairness regarding the make-up of a jury? Why is that? Could it be you are arguing how justice and mercy should be applied?

Also, I never said in the history of the world the other side may have abused these principles. I am discussing the here and now present and the continual litany of the dems abusing these principals for political gain.

Show Me the Wire
09-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Black/White world views are what mostly keeps me from wanting to *know* certain people. I find them to be rather closed minded. :(

So you believe justice and mercy are not black and white issues. Justice is receiving what you deserve and mercy is receiving what you don't deserve per justice. Anything else is a violation of these fundamental principles.

There is no gray area in the concept of justice for all.