PDA

View Full Version : Should members of congress be drug tested?

davew
09-29-2018, 02:44 PM
... and given a few months suspension on each positive test?

https://www.redstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/schiff-bug-eyes-620x566.jpg

Tom
09-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Talk about yer government shut downs! :eek:

They should test them for alcohol, too.
And a general intelligence test would be nice, too.

DNA samples to run through FBI database.
Facial recognition to known sexual predator database.

Basic medical exam to ensure all senators are still alive.

thaskalos
09-29-2018, 04:30 PM
No way can the Congress survive a sobriety test...much less an IQ test.

tucker6
09-29-2018, 05:13 PM
I shook my head when Leahy said he’d been in the senate 44 years and Grassly 36 years. Whatever happened to serving civic duty and going home? We need to get rid of career politicians. They have formed a self serving cabal that protects their ruling class. I think that’s why they hate Trump so much.

Tom
09-29-2018, 05:43 PM
How true.
When you have been in congress for decades, there in NO WAY you have any clue what real life for Americans is. ALL YOU KNOW is corruption, ass-covering, lying, and dealing sans integrity.

ONE TERM - period.
No exceptions.

lex
09-29-2018, 06:07 PM
No but voters should probably be IQ tested.

fast4522
09-29-2018, 06:57 PM

Bullshit, every member of the Congress should recieve a license to carry no tests required.

JustRalph
09-29-2018, 09:34 PM
No but voters should probably be IQ tested.

How about both......

sammy the sage
09-30-2018, 07:05 AM

too bad it will never happen...

chadk66
09-30-2018, 08:05 AM
They should be drug tested between Election Day and swearing in day. Then randomly four times per year by a non governmental unassociated agency. And breathalyzer any time there is suspicion when in the chambers or upon capital grounds.

davew
09-30-2018, 10:32 AM
If only there was an amendment to the constitution to allow laws being voted on be the public, not just the gatekeepers of the house and senate.

It is time for national referendums ... term limits, drug testing, ....

Tom
09-30-2018, 11:27 AM
They should be drug tested between Election Day and swearing in day. Then randomly four times per year by a non governmental unassociated agency. And breathalyzer any time there is suspicion when in the chambers or upon capital grounds.

The should one of those breathalyzers attached to to their microphones so they get tested before every vote they make.

clicknow
09-30-2018, 01:46 PM
ONE TERM - period.
No exceptions.

I agree.

That would be nice, except that so few Americans are willing to "do their homework" and explore the policies and issues that each candidate has to offer even every 4 years. I'm afraid that changing things up every year would be a bridge too far.

Less than 33% of people in my county vote and that is pretty much across all elections......red state if that makes any difference (which it doesn't to my mind).

So what you're going to have, instead of an "informed electorate" is an electorate who merely takes marching orders from their party. (unfortunately not sure we don't have that NOW).

Given the state of both or either party at this point in time, to my mind anyway, more people taking marching orders is certainly NOT the way to improve anything. :)

Sad to say, there are going to be people like me who do not feel they are well-served by either party at this time in history. For me, neither is a plate on the menu that I would consider tasty, but I don't have any ideas for alternatives, except that if more people worked together some DECENT plans may come out of it.

Handicapping horses is certainly improved by huddling together at a table and sharing perspectives.

cordoba
09-30-2018, 01:47 PM
Seems like this chat like C. Booker being the smartest.

MutuelClerk
10-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I would like electronic surveillance on them nearly 24-7. Anyone at anytime can listen in.

chadk66
10-01-2018, 08:00 PM
I'd even go so far as hair testing them.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-01-2018, 08:29 PM
I would like electronic surveillance on them nearly 24-7. Anyone at anytime can listen in.

Since that is a very low probability bet, you'll just have to settle for C-SPAN.