PDA

View Full Version : 3yo turfers

cj
09-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Greek Sun steps up to elder horses today after running a troubled second last out to Kitten's Joy in the Secretariat. How this guy runs today should tell us a lot about both the 3yo turfers and the older division. He is the 2d best 3yo in my opinion, and this is your typical, not very strong, older horse turf stake in the US.

John
09-11-2004, 11:37 AM
cj Greek Son is my key in the p-4

Observer
09-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Greek Sun ... is the 2d best 3yo in my opinion ...

I'm just wondering .. how do you rank Artie Schiller????

At this point, before the Man o'War goes off, I consider Kitten's Joy the top, with Artie Schiller second. Obviously, if Greek Sun does something special today, then I might have to reconsider.

linrom1
09-11-2004, 05:48 PM
These East Coast horses are no match for Blackdoune.

Observer
09-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Last out, Blackdoun barely beat Toasted, who I don't consider anywhere near in the same league as Kitten's Joy and Artie Schiller.

Prior to that .. Blackdoun barely beat Semi Lost .. Semi who???

Ah ... but in his first U.S. start .. Blackdoun actually did win by open lengths .. over another French-bred, Terroplane .. who has done just what exactly??

Needless to say, I'm a little baffled by the Blackdoun hype.

cj
09-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Before the race today, I would have rated Greek Sun 2d, Prince Arch 3d, and Artie Schiller 4th, but admittedly, there isn't much between them. Tough to take too much out of today's race with the off turf, but GS certainly didn't do much.

Valuist
09-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Greek Sun was beaten 3.25 lengths by Kittens Joy, who wasn't under the most vigorous ride in the Secretariat. 3.25 lengths on turf is more like 5 lengths on the main. He also took advantage of the fact Laura's Lucky Boy got hooked hard in Greek Sun's last SoCal race. I think Artie Schiller would handle both Greek Sun and Prince Arch. True Prince Arch gave Kittens Joy his only loss, but the trip notes tell the difference: Kittens Joy 4T 4T Prince Arch RT RT. Hard to tell where Blackdoun fits in, not in the top 2, IMO.

Observer
09-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm still sticking wth Kitten's Joy as the top, with Artie Schiller second.

Good call on Prince Arch .. I think he fits in third to this point.

But as far as Greek Sun and Blackdoun go .. they have more to prove.

OTM Al
09-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Honestly I didn't think he was all that much better than Icy Atlantic or Timo either. Didn't understand the heavy betting on him, especially with the 2 europeans coming out of the Million in great shape and the fact that the turf course was a bit soggy, which the euros had dealt with just fine but GS untested.