PDA

View Full Version : SYNERGISM 6

lefty359
09-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Anybody use this? I'd like your thoughts...

rispa
09-21-2018, 05:09 AM
You might have some luck over at paceandcap.com

Buckeye
09-25-2018, 09:50 PM
It's outdated-- I know all about it.

(I know a lot of things.) :)

Short list: Everything.

Currently I use The Handicapping Magician™

Mr.XXX
09-26-2018, 11:42 AM
You might have some luck over at paceandcap.com

I think he's referring to the HDW version of it, which looks to be not updated for eons. It also seems to use some mechanical formula for the figs, rather than the HDW numbers.

lefty359
09-26-2018, 03:30 PM
I've been using Synergism 2 which is manual input so thought I'd try Syn6 with downloading. Manual input was just too hard on this old back.
Thanks, guys.

incoming
09-26-2018, 03:55 PM
The late Dick Schmidt was a big tout for Synergism 6, a search may reveal some info.

Tom
09-26-2018, 06:06 PM
http://www.synergism-sdp.com/

Looks like there is a trial download available.

mikekk
09-26-2018, 06:30 PM
I used this program (or an earlier version?) years ago; stopped using because it just wasn't working for the way I handicapped.

But, in terms of support, Bob Purdy was a class act, always there with advice and help; emails were answered in detail within 24 hours every time. Very impressed by his dedication and attention.

Hope this helps

Mike

lefty359
09-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Thanks, guys. Tom I did take the tour. I decided to try it for 2 months then decide whether to continue.

lansdale
09-26-2018, 07:56 PM
I have never been a user of any version of Synergism, but I have heard from many that Bob Purdy is a class act, and that the CS quality was good. ICYMI, Dick Schmidt, an original member of the Sartin group and, for many years a professional handicapper, sad to say,passed on a few year ago. He was a friend of Purdy's and promoter of Synergism, but came to believe that all the variants of the Sartin-derived pace handicapping programs, including his own TPR, once extremely effective, had become so completely priced into the ML that their value was reduced to the point that he quit professional play ca. a decade ago, switching to trading FOREX.

Anyone interested in following up on this subject should do a search on Dick's archived posts here -- he was a very sharp handicapper and a very funny and helpful guy.

Buckeye
09-26-2018, 08:07 PM
I have never been a user of any version of Synergism, but I have heard from many that Bob Purdy is a class act, and that the CS quality was good. ICYMI, Dick Schmidt, an original member of the Sartin group and, for many years a professional handicapper, sad to say,passed on a few year ago. He was a friend of Purdy's and promoter of Synergism, but came to believe that all the variants of the Sartin-derived pace handicapping programs, including his own TPR, once extremely effective, had become so completely priced into the ML that their value was reduced to the point that he quit professional play ca. a decade ago, switching to trading FOREX.

Anyone interested in following up on this subject should do a search on Dick's archived posts here -- he was a very sharp handicapper and a very funny and helpful guy.

You get it!

That's why I keep on trying to do my best to recommend Handicapping Magic.

I've done HTR
I've done Sartin
I've done Synergism.
I've done it all and know it all.
I've read just about everything in print.

I can't help it.

thaskalos
09-26-2018, 08:12 PM
You get it!

That's why I keep on trying to do my best to recommend Handicapping Magic.

I've done HTR
I've done Sartin
I've done Synergism.
I've done it all and know it all.
I've read just about everything in print.

I can't help it.

A walking handicapping encyclopedia! :ThmbUp:

Buckeye
09-26-2018, 08:26 PM
If you say so. :)

thaskalos
09-26-2018, 08:41 PM
It took me 30 years to learn what I know...and then another 7 years to realize that the trick was to forget what I had already learned.

Buckeye
09-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Excellent point!

I could not agree with you more.

Handicapping Magic says the same thing.

lefty359
09-27-2018, 10:56 PM
When you say Handicapping Magic do you mean the HM which sold for around $200 or?

Partsnut
09-28-2018, 11:42 AM
I've been using Synergism 2 which is manual input so thought I'd try Syn6 with downloading. Manual input was just too hard on this old back.
Thanks, guys.

Lefty,

RDSS converts their files to Synergism 2 files and the pars are up to date.
and is a lot cheaper.
or
Speed Plus will also convert drf files to Synergism 2 using raw data.
The Speed Plus pars are outdated.

Tip......Find the "Sidewater Method" on the Paceandcap board.

Partsnut
09-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Lefty,

Here's a sample of today's first race at SA using SpeedPlus
and Synergism 2 with unadjusted pars.

Tom
09-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Doctor Factor....I miss that.
Wish I knew what it was.

Won a lot of races keying Dr 1 and 2 in exactas.

CheckMark
09-28-2018, 08:00 PM
When you say Handicapping Magic do you mean the HM which sold for around $200 or?

Had the same thought too it’s either the book or the software

gfnut
09-28-2018, 08:15 PM

lefty359
09-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Partsnut, he hdw files in syn6 for unlimited is cheaper than Trackmaster downloads.
However, I'm finding a lot of incomplete data from the HDW download.
Are you talking about he old George Greens Speedplus? I had it but couldn't get it to work on my 8.1 Win computer. pars are outdated isn't that going to lead to bad selections?
Looking forward o hearing more about it. I don't think I have the Speedplus disk any longer as I recently moved into a smaller Apt and left a lot of stuff behind.

Mr.XXX
09-29-2018, 04:35 PM
Partsnut, he hdw files in syn6 for unlimited is cheaper than Trackmaster downloads.
However, I'm finding a lot of incomplete data from the HDW download.
Are you talking about he old George Greens Speedplus? I had it but couldn't get it to work on my 8.1 Win computer. pars are outdated isn't that going to lead to bad selections?
Looking forward o hearing more about it. I don't think I have the Speedplus disk any longer as I recently moved into a smaller Apt and left a lot of stuff behind.

My brother in law still uses SPPL, I've installed virtual xp & win98 on his computer-- they're open source / totally free. Ask George to email you SP, it's a small executable. He says you can use Dave Schwartz yearly pars to keep up to date.
If you want to go this route, I can post instructions or links how to install everything.
I'll just be around too infrequently to answer right away the rest of the year.

PS what is missing from HDW files? Thanks.

lefty359
09-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Where can I contact G Green?
What's missing from HDW files is a lot of horses are missing the last race run.
Bob Purdy has issued me a full refund. He's a quality guy.

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2018, 08:37 PM
When you say Handicapping Magic do you mean the HM which sold for around $200 or?I believe he's talking about the book...or does the book go for $200 these days?

I have a copy lying around, practically brand new since I have never read the whole thing...hmmmmm....

Tom
09-29-2018, 09:01 PM
I just bought a second copy of the book a few months ago - something like $30.

Buckeye
09-29-2018, 10:28 PM
It really doen't matter what it costs to get copy. (!)

I have also said, I use the Computer Program that goes along with it.

Just trying to help.

The rest is up to you.

mhaney0423
09-29-2018, 11:37 PM
It really doen't matter what it costs to get copy. (!)

I have also said, I use the Computer Program that goes along with it.

Just trying to help.

The rest is up to you.

:headbanger:
I concur

Mr.XXX
09-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Where can I contact G Green?
What's missing from HDW files is a lot of horses are missing the last race run.
Bob Purdy has issued me a full refund. He's a quality guy.

1. Where can I contact G Green?
Taken from his website:
George Green
plugh@crowncity.com
(619) 435-3633
It hasn't changed in over 30 years. Just in case, here's the website contact form for other software he's still selling:
http://www.crowncity.com/speedplus/contactus.htm
PS some browsers balk at no https, just use a different one if can't access.

2. What's missing from HDW files is a lot of horses are missing the last race run.
This is worth a thread of its own, I wonder if their other progs are suffering from this.

3. Bob Purdy has issued me a full refund. He's a quality guy.
Funny tale from years ago.
I'd been a customer for a couple of years. One day, out of the blue I couldn't access data at HDW. Synergism has a messaging from the developer area-- I checked that and my email-- nothing. I called. "You're up to date, nothing wrong with your card on file-- but Bob has blocked you. You'll need to contact him." I thought to myself--dang, he has a lot of power(and access) over a business he does not own.
Ring. Ring. "You are sharing files with a guy named Taylor Caldwell!"
Then I realized what was going on.
"Bob, I've been going to Hot Springs for a few days at a time-- I can only access from a laptop". (I had made my favorite writer my windows logon username)
Taylor is female btw...It's better for privacy and security in public, on the laptop."
I wondered to myself what else he could see tunneling in through Synergism.

lefty359
10-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Bill, can't find the Sidewater article you referred to.
Also I can't find George Green or Speed Plus by searching on Google. Need some help...

Mr.XXX
10-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Also I can't find George Green or Speed Plus by searching on Google. Need some help...

I answered you. Give him a little time-- he's not the same person since his divorce. But he still sells software on palms and usbs.
Or maybe you missed my reply above.

Partsnut
10-02-2018, 07:43 PM

It's in the PaceandCap Library.
Just post a question about it over there.

Partsnut
10-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by lefty359 http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/viewpost.gif (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2378845#post2378845)
"Bill, can't find the Sidewater article you referred to.
Also I can't find George Green or Speed Plus by searching on Google. Need some help."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lefty,

The old Sidewater method for SYNERGISM ll.
Top 2 FW,DR,TT:jump:

lefty359
10-05-2018, 12:51 AM
Thanks, Bill. Most appreciated.

shoelessjoe
10-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Just to clarify the TT used is the actual time not the ones in the rankings