PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster is even scummier than most already beleived

cj
09-20-2018, 11:52 AM
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/09/ticketmaster-is-scalping-and-reselling-its-own-tic.html

lamboguy
09-20-2018, 01:07 PM
this is nothing new, this has been going on with the Ticketmaster for over 30 years now that i know of. it happened when the Pritzger family owned them as well. but not at this scale!

TJDave
09-20-2018, 03:07 PM
“Fans” are the ones driving this. Until/unless they decide that x dollars is too much to pay, these secondary markets will thrive.

Dave Schwartz
09-20-2018, 03:19 PM
“Fans” are the ones driving this. Until/unless they decide that x dollars is too much to pay, these secondary markets will thrive.

If ever there was an industry that needed some federal regulation, this would be it.

TJDave
09-20-2018, 04:34 PM
If ever there was an industry that needed some federal regulation, this would be it.

I would put healthcare and banking at the top of the list.

Attending a Taylor Swift concert is voluntary.

Tom
09-20-2018, 04:44 PM
I would put healthcare and banking at the top of the list.

Attending a Taylor Swift concert is voluntary.

And you need a bank to afford tickets to it and afterwards, you need healthcare. :cool:

TJDave
09-20-2018, 04:59 PM
and afterwards, you need healthcare. :cool:

Or a bottle of Jack and a razor blade.

Tom
09-20-2018, 05:18 PM
There is a little diner in Albany that I used to got to for supper when I was attending Sartin Workshops.
They had a rock and roll theme and one of the posters on the wall was for a Beatles concert in the area back in the 60's.

Ticket prices were.... $3 !!! :eek:

davew
09-20-2018, 05:54 PM
I always felt they were buying themselves and reselling on stubhub or other places. There were just too many venues that had over 95% sold in the first hour, and all that was left were the seats in the clouds.

Inner Dirt
09-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Haven't been to a concert in 20 years. My most recently attended events are Nascar and since I not a fan of packed houses I usually attend the Camping World Truck and Infinity races that are usually 1/3 to 1/2 full so I just buy at the box office a couple hours before the race. I notice if you go to the venue website for advance sales you end up on a secondary market site. It appears the venue itself only sells through the onsite box office in person. I wonder if other forms of live entertainment do the same thing?