PDA

View Full Version : The headline doesn't match the article!

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2004, 11:08 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040911/ap_on_el_pr/president_ap_poll&cid=694&ncid=716

Headline is: AP Poll: Bush Holds Slight Lead on Kerry

But, as you read the article, you get the feeling Bush is pulling away to a clear victory, and then some. Check out the following quote from the very same artcle cited above:

The AP-Ipsos-Public Affairs poll showed minorities, urban residents and other Democratic voters unified behind Kerry, as would be expected in the fall. But he lost ground in virtually every other demographic group: lower educated voters, suburbanites, rural voters, the middle class, married couples and baby boomers.

The percentage of voters who think the country is on the right track rose from 39 percent to 44 percent since August. The nation's spirits, while less than buoyant, are higher than when Democratic President Clinton was re-elected in 1996, polls show.

LOL

ponyplayer
09-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I heard a good quote last night, "No challenger this far behind in the polls after Labor Day has ever beat an incumbent President."
:cool:

Secretariat
09-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I am amazed. You keep referencing these polls after saying repeatedly you don't put stock in polls. Just curious why the change.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
No, I was referencing the odd title to the article. Nowhere in the article does it imply the race is as tight as the title implies.

Just thought it was an odd title for the content of the story...that's all...

kenwoodallpromos
09-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Polls say they want Bush to improve, not Kerry to take over.

so.cal.fan
09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Excellent point, Ken.