PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather's Ben Barnes outed as a liar..by his daughter!

ElKabong
09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Lsbet's favorite talk-radio station busts this one WIDE OPEN....you can listen to the interview from the link.

http://www.wbap.com/listingsentryheadline.asp?ID=239369&PT=wbaptopstories

WBAP Exclusive
AUDIO - Daughter of Ben Barnes Disputes Father's Claims as Political

The Former Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes' recollections over how he helped President Bush get into the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War have evolved over the years from fuzzy to distinct.

Barnes, who once claimed he did not help Bush enter the National Guard, reversed his story and told CBS News 60 Minutes that he in fact did help Bush.

Mr. Barnes daughter, Amy Barnes Stites called the Mark Davis Show and spoke with guest host Monica Crowley on WBAP September 9th dismissing Barnes' claims as political and opportunistic.

Excerpt of Call:

BARNES: I love my father very much, but he's doing this for purely political reasons. He is a big Kerry fund-raiser and he is writing a book also. And [the Bush story] is what he's leading the book off with. ... He denied this to me in 2000 that he did get Bush out [of Vietnam service]. Now he's saying he did.

CROWLEY: Did he tell you, Amy – and I'm glad I have you on the line with me – did your father tell you that he was prepared to do this on behalf of John Kerry – go after President Bush like this?

BARNES: He told me he was going to do it. In fact, I talked to him a couple of months ago. He told me he was writing the book. He told me that he was going to be talking about this. And he knows that I – we have very diverse political opinions. He knows my opinions and we get into this debate every time I see him. But, you know, he said that he was going to be talking about it.

CROWLEY: Now you're saying, Amy, that he has had two separate stories on President Bush's Guard duty during the Vietnam era?

BARNES: Yes, yes. This came out in 2000 and I asked him then, at the time, if he [helped get Bush into the Guard]. He said: "No, absolutely not. I did not do that." -

CROWLEY: So, I hate to put you in this position, but I will ask you, do you think your father, Ben Barnes who was on "60 Minutes II" with Dan Rather last night – do you believe that he lied on the air to the American people last night about President Bush?

BARNES; Yes, I do. I absolutely do. And I think he's doing he's doing it for purely political, opportunistic reasons – trying to get John Kerry elected and trying to make Bush look like the bad person. ... Like I said, he's going to be trying to promote his book that he's got coming out.

ElKabong
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Holy crap, I just listened to Amy Barnes (ben's daughter) on Hannity...when the transcript comes out ya got to see it if you didn't hear it.

In short..., before the Hannity show, the behind the scenes crap went like this... (per Hannity's interview, and input from his producer)

(1) after her interview w/ wbap this morning she got calls from her dad and some lady named Henken (sp?). They instructed her to change her story immediately. She refused.

(2) She was contacted earlier in the day and asked to be on Hannity. She accepted.

(3) After her being on Hannity's show was confirmed, a lady named Henken (sp?) called the Hannity show's producer posing as Ms Barnes "friend" and said Ms Barnes wouldn't be taking interviews today and not to expect any further interviews from Ms Barnes. Henken also told the interviewer that Amy Barnes had retracted her statements and would soon "apologize" for those statements that basically stated Ben Barnes was lying about helping GWB into an ANG slot per earlier conversations.

(4) Hannity;s producer contacted Amy Barnes. Amy Barnes said everything Ms Henken said was false.... Henken basically tried to stop the interview w/o the permission of Amy Barnes.

Amy Barnes confirmed all the above on the show..

The rest of the interview was the same basic stuff as the wbap interview. Hannity asked if she was contacted today by CBS, she said "no". Both Killian's are calling the doc's run out on CBS as being fakes.

Wonder how the DNC is gonna top this??

ElKabong
09-10-2004, 06:53 PM
...and just now listened on Hannity to Killian's son (also served in the same ANG unit as his father Jerry Killian and George Bush). He said he furnished CBS' Mary Mapes with names of people that served with George Bush at Ellington that would vouch for GWB being there during that time in question.....apparently they didn't run that info on 60 minutes.

Killian said CBS ran with info they wanted to and, nothing that would state a case for GWB. He also said his dad thought highly of GWB as a pilot and an officer, which was the concensus of teh unit.

Comparing Killian's intervew with what Rather said on his 5:30 news, Rather isn't coming foreward with the whole truth.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Boy is it getting desperate out there in Kerry land. Jeez....and they say the Republicans play dirty?

GameTheory
09-10-2004, 10:55 PM
All I need to know about Dan Rather is shown in the picture on this page:

http://www.ratherbiased.com/hussein_saddam.htm

Lance
09-10-2004, 11:29 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-rumsfeldsaddam.htm

Tom
09-10-2004, 11:42 PM
CBS.....what a sham.
Dan Rather....what a liar.
Kiilian's wife and son both denounced the Commusnitst Bull S*** network today. CBS chose to totally ignore thier comments that this was a farce. Instead, CBS continued it's Michael Moore brand of mis-information. Dan Rather is a good reason to reevaluate freedom of the press in this country. CBS has sunk lower than the tabloids. Even Vinny McMahon calls it Sports ENTERTAINMENT and not real wresltling. Pretty bad when your credibility is lower than Dudely Boys'.

Lance
09-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Tom wrote:

"Kiilian's wife and son both denounced the Commusnitst Bull S*** network today."

The only good Commusnitst is a dead Commusnitst.

Tom
09-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Lance
Tom wrote:

"Kiilian's wife and son both denounced the Commusnitst Bull S*** network today."

The only good Commusnitst is a dead Commusnitst.

Playing tag are we Lanec?
Like those kindergarten games, don't you?
Waitning for a "nya nya nya" reply frum you.
I gues it easier for you to focus on spalling rather than trying to understand the mussage. I see you can't figurre out Ken's posts either. Must suc to be so limitede in you intelligence.
Go watch the Cowboys.

Or are you working at Camp Kerry this weakand?

schweitz
09-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Lance----are you a frustrated English teacher?

Lance
09-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Schweitz wrote:

"Lance----are you a frustrated English teacher?"

No, Schweitz, I am a fan of irony. On countless occasions when Tom has been insulting LJB, Sec, and others, he has blasted them for, in his words, failing to "read these things before you post them." He also loves blasting public schools for turning out kids who are illiterate. This kind of irony I cannot resist.

Lance
09-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Tom wrote:

"I see you can't figurre out Ken's posts either."

Anyone who can figure out Ken's posts really has problems.

JustRalph
09-11-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Lance
Schweitz wrote:

"Lance----are you a frustrated English teacher?"

No, Schweitz, I am a fan of irony. On countless occasions when Tom has been insulting LJB, Sec, and others, he has blasted them for, in his words, failing to "read these things before you post them." He also loves blasting public schools for turning out kids who are illiterate. This kind of irony I cannot resist.

Lance........ the problem is that you are late to the party. I have in fact pointed out the same irony to Tom on some of his posts. The difference is that when I did it, I did it in a way that didn't go after him like he is some kind of Moron. The guy is no stranger to a typo or some odd turn of a phrase. But he is a pretty damn funny guy who has some serious opines to go along with being an active member who many seem to really enjoy. Including me. You are preaching to a crowd that has already been there and done that. We all know who Tom is and what he is about, and most of us like him. I don't know him personally, but maybe some day. Either way, we get what you are saying...............you are starting to act like a Coon Dog on the trail .............and some of us are sick of hearing you bark..........That fulfills my down home country analysis for the week...............

Lance
09-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Ralph,

I appreciate the thoughtful reply. I doubt that Tom and I will ever get along. I hope that he will accept my suggestion that he and I simply stop replying to each other's posts. I vow never to reply to him again unless he replies to me first. That should put a stop to this.

GameTheory
09-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Lance........ the problem is that you are late to the party. I have in fact pointed out the same irony to Tom on some of his posts. The difference is that when I did it, I did it in a way that didn't go after him like he is some kind of Moron. The guy is no stranger to a typo or some odd turn of a phrase. But he is a pretty damn funny guy who has some serious opines to go along with being an active member who many seem to really enjoy. Including me. You are preaching to a crowd that has already been there and done that. We all know who Tom is and what he is about, and most of us like him. I don't know him personally, but maybe some day. Either way, we get what you are saying...............you are starting to act like a Coon Dog on the trail .............and some of us are sick of hearing you bark..........That fulfills my down home country analysis for the week............... Lance is not late to the party -- he was posting under the name Lindsay for a long while and had the same weird obsessions as he does now. In fact, doing a search it shows that Lindsay's first post was on 04-04-2002, just a few days after you registered yourself (03-31-2002).

Maybe you should do some of that detective work just to make sure you & Lance aren't the same guy -- have you ever seen yourself in the same room with him?

Tom
09-11-2004, 11:50 AM
If I had to prrofread every post, I would never make 8,000.
Avinersery coming up. Cake next wekend?

LOL (I KNOW what is spelled wrong in this one!) LOL!