PDA

View Full Version : HOCKEY 2018-2019

ldiatone
09-13-2018, 03:54 PM
YEA! SEASON STARTS IN A FEW WEEKS!!:headbanger::jump:
Pacioretty excited about fresh start with Golden Knights<---trade

today:Erik Karlsson Traded to Sharks after nine seasons with Senators

New York Rangers acquire defenseman Adam McQuaid from Boston Bruins for defenseman Steven Kampfer, a fourth-round pick

Buffalo Sabres acquire forward Jeff Skinner from Carolina Hurricanes for forward prospect Cliff Pu, a second-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft,

Columbus Blue Jackets acquire forward Ryan MacInnis from Arizona Coyotes for defenseman Jacob Graves and a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.
just a few
and i like the Pittsburgh Penguins D-men this year! (if they stay healthy) they signed Jack Johnson and will have Jamie Oleksiak all year. plus FW Derick Brassard all year!:)

Frost king
09-13-2018, 07:06 PM
The Leafs will have to console themselves with only making the small addition of John Tavares.

ldiatone
09-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Henrik Zetterberg's Retirement Confirmed by Red Wings Due to Back Injury

woodtoo
09-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Yoo Hoo there back!!
Jets and Wild. Winnipeg Players to watch #42 Kristian Vesalainen LW #83 Sami Niku
#16 Seth Griffith #64 Logan Stanley #30 Laurent Brossoit
Sami played a couple good games last year, hoping he fills a vacant spot.
Lots of talk about Kristian. Welcome to the big leagues all you rookies.:ThmbUp:

HuggingTheRail
09-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Vancouver Canucks have already been eliminated from playoff contention

woodtoo
09-23-2018, 09:00 AM

:pound: They are probably not alone.

anotherCAfan
09-23-2018, 01:28 PM
My Anaheim Ducks aren't too far behind them.

ldiatone
10-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Scott Hartnell retired after 17 seasons in the NHL on Monday.

cj
10-04-2018, 12:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Don1etKWwAEAEsK.jpg:large

ldiatone
10-04-2018, 02:47 PM
LETS GO PENS!! opening nite!

MutuelClerk
10-04-2018, 04:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Don1etKWwAEAEsK.jpg:large

I'm guessing Lars Eller was wishing Tom Wilson was in the line up last night.

cj
10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm guessing Lars Eller was wishing Tom Wilson was in the line up last night.

At least the weirdo didn't lick him. I'm sure he'll get his. Fighting a guy that never fights and doing so when you don't have to come back on the ice for the rest of the game is pretty chicken shit IMO. He'll get his.

By the way, Wilson deserved every game he got and probably more. He is, apparently, an idiot.

ldiatone
10-05-2018, 04:08 PM
YES! What a win over those wash caps! OT win! Stanley Cup here we go!!!!

ok ok wait still exhibition hockey!!;)

MutuelClerk
10-07-2018, 09:57 AM
At least the weirdo didn't lick him. I'm sure he'll get his. Fighting a guy that never fights and doing so when you don't have to come back on the ice for the rest of the game is pretty chicken shit IMO. He'll get his.

By the way, Wilson deserved every game he got and probably more. He is, apparently, an idiot.

Agree on Marchand. Hopefully his day will come. Mostly agree on Wilson. He did deserve it because in his case these hits are on the increase and doing it pre-season is foolish. Idiot off the ice, disagree. Watched him and met him as a junior player. Seems like a good guy, was a nice respectful kid. Off the ice, not an idiot. On the ice, we agree.

I'll never support hits to the head. But guys who take the puck to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone are going to get hit. Often crushed. It seems the fault often regardless of the hit is now on the hitter and not the hittee. I'm a little troubled with that. You have to keep your head up ESPECIALLY when a player and or idiot like Wilson is on the ice.

cj
10-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Agree on Marchand. Hopefully his day will come. Mostly agree on Wilson. He did deserve it because in his case these hits are on the increase and doing it pre-season is foolish. Idiot off the ice, disagree. Watched him and met him as a junior player. Seems like a good guy, was a nice respectful kid. Off the ice, not an idiot. On the ice, we agree.

I'll never support hits to the head. But guys who take the puck to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone are going to get hit. Often crushed. It seems the fault often regardless of the hit is now on the hitter and not the hittee. I'm a little troubled with that. You have to keep your head up ESPECIALLY when a player and or idiot like Wilson is on the ice.

Yes, I obviously don't know Wilson personally though I spent a lot of time with him sitting directly behind the Caps penalty box in Dallas last year. :)

The idiot comment is regarding his inability to adapt to the new normal. I have no problem with guys skating with their heads down getting crushed, but there are cleaner ways to do it. I hope he learns some day, he is very important to the team I support.

Greyfox
10-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Wilson's idiocy will cost him $1,000,000.00 !
If he doesn't learn from that loss of income, he's a moron.

Track Collector
10-11-2018, 12:54 AM
Wilson's idiocy will cost him $1,000,000.00 !
If he doesn't learn from that loss of income, he's a moron.

He probably will not learn.

Next time and he will be out of the league for at least a year, if not for the balance of his career.

cj
10-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Caps looking just fine without Wilson. This team is good.

cj
10-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Caps looking just fine without Wilson. This team is good.

I'm such a mush.

Greyfox
11-21-2018, 11:56 AM
So the Oilers fired Todd McLellan.
Showing a lack of class, GM Peter Chiarelli let him fly with the team to San Jose then fired him on the morning of the day they were scheduled to play the Sharks.
Ken Hitchcock took the helm that evening. "Hitch" is from Edmonton and has always been well-respected here.
McLellan is an excellent coach.
It is Chiarelli who should have been fired.

woodtoo
11-25-2018, 11:46 AM
4 games and 11 goals Patrik 'Hatrik' Laine is the real deal for sure. Scoring 5 goals in a 8 - 4 win over the Blues in St. Louis notching his third hat trick of the year. Just when people start to doubt he proves them wrong.
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Greyfox
11-25-2018, 12:21 PM
4 games and 11 goals Patrik 'Hatrik' Laine is the real deal for sure. Scoring 5 goals in a 8 - 4 win over the Blues in St. Louis notching his third hat trick of the year. Just when people start to doubt he proves them wrong.
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Laine has one hell of a hard shot! Wow!
I wouldn't want to be a defenseman trying to block it.

woodtoo
11-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Laine has one hell of a hard shot! Wow!
I wouldn't want to be a defenseman trying to block it.

Or a goalie trying to see it.:ThmbUp: His release is unreal, rookie Canuck Elias Pettersson seems to have a similar skillset.

cj
11-25-2018, 03:10 PM
I'm such a mush.

Back on track, 5 in a row, and doing it without Oshie and Kuzie.

woodtoo
11-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Winnipegger Christopher Haley wins $1,100,000.00 through Sobeys-Safeway thanks to Patrik Laines 5 goal night against St. Louis.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Greyfox
11-29-2018, 07:12 PM
Winnipegger Christopher Haley wins $1,100,000.00 through Sobeys-Safeway thanks to Patrik Laines 5 goal night against St. Louis.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

When McDavid scored 4 goals one night McLellan benched him for the final 3.5 minutes.
After the game, McLellan said he didn't know anything about the million bucks on the line.

woodtoo
12-01-2018, 05:00 AM
When McDavid scored 4 goals one night McLellan benched him for the final 3.5 minutes.
After the game, McLellan said he didn't know anything about the million bucks on the line.

Did he give a reason for the benching? Seems odd as you don't get many chances to score 4 plus goals.

Greyfox
12-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Did he give a reason for the benching? Seems odd as you don't get many chances to score 4 plus goals.

No reason given. Oilers were well ahead and probably wanted to give others ice time. Not aware of Safeway/Sobey's prize, or so he claimed.

Greyfox
12-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Leafs sign Nylander to six-year, $41.4M deal
Toronto is loaded for bear this year, drat. ;)

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-sign-nylander-to-six-year-41-4m-deal-1.1219272

woodtoo
12-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Good on them! Will be flipping games between Leafs and Jets.
He has personally moved the goalposts for the young guns.

woodtoo
12-02-2018, 07:34 AM

I'd bet all the other GM's hate this deal and I can't blame them one bit.
Although I really like Nylander and all but paying that amount for a 20 goal
player is ridiculous. He's not even top 5 on Toronto.:rolleyes:

In other hockey news: Patrik Laine is player of the month for November,
and it sure aint for his mustache.:D
He is first player ever to score 3 hat tricks in one month in 3 different countries.
18 goals in 12 games for the twenty year old last month. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Frost king
12-02-2018, 11:58 AM
So what is going to happen in the “Peg” when Laine is going to ask for McDavid type money? You know he won’t sign until Matthews sets the bar for the age class. Have fun with that problem. At least the Leafs can afford to pay that kind of money, will the Jets pony up?:popcorn:

Greyfox
12-02-2018, 12:55 PM
So what is going to happen in the “Peg” when Laine is going to ask for McDavid type money? You know he won’t sign until Matthews sets the bar for the age class. Have fun with that problem. At least the Leafs can afford to pay that kind of money, will the Jets pony up?:popcorn:

I think the Leafs are going to have a bigger problem.
Tavares got something like $11 million.
Matthews and Marner are coming up for renewal.
Oh, the Leafs can afford to pay them that.
Toronto has been sold out forever.
But the Salary Cap will really put "STRESS"on how and if they can keep both of them.
That's why the Leafs have to make a big push to the 'Cup this year.

woodtoo
12-03-2018, 08:31 AM

Before the Nylander deal we were thinking in the $50 million for 6 year area (Laine)
but that now appears a bit low. Winnipeg is near the top of the league in merchandise sales and there is a 10 year wait just to get on the list for season tickets and the owners have deep pockets so I'm not worried monetarily.

Don't get me wrong here as I'm a big Leaf fan also, they remind me of the Jets. The Leafs structured Nylander's contract in a good way by paying him
$17 mil. up front thus making a trade more viable later on if need be.

Just think is a bit high for a 20 goal scorer. We have to worry more about Kyle Conner who led all rookies last year with 30 goals.

His contract possibilities just shot way up.

woodtoo
12-03-2018, 08:34 AM
I think the Leafs are going to have a bigger problem.
Tavares got something like $11 million.
Matthews and Marner are coming up for renewal.
Oh, the Leafs can afford to pay them that.
Toronto has been sold out forever.
But the Salary Cap will really put "STRESS"on how and if they can keep both of them.
That's why the Leafs have to make a big push to the 'Cup this year.

A "big push for the cup" was the main reason for Nylander's contract. IMO
And I don't really blame them "Go Leafs Go!!"

MutuelClerk
12-03-2018, 02:34 PM
GO LEAFS GO !!!!! I believe Fox is correct. This is the year to really push for a Cup while you're underpaying Matthews and Marner.

Was Willy overpaid? Yes. He may be the fifth or sixth best player on the Leaf roster. That tells you how deep the Leaf roster is.

I can see Willy being traded this summer. I also see a summer of headaches for GM's though. Younger players are eating up too much of the salary cap. Granted they may be the better players on the team. It is the GM's fault for letting this get out of hand ( not just Dubas). The league has I believe a 50-50 split with the players. How the teams sign and pay players is on the GM and team owner. The list of talented young RFA's this summer is outstanding. I foresee troubles when the contract expires between the players and the league.

IF and it's a huge IF the Leafs win the Cup this year that even increases the worth of Matthews and Marner more. The Cup isn't easy. Ask CJ. His team had lots of letdowns along the way eventually making winning it even more worthwhile last season. It's been since 1967 for the Leafs. Not as many playoff letdowns as the Caps had recently. But 50 years in Toronto is a long effing time. I'm glad Willy is signed. Our team was really good without him and even better with his talents. The Leafs have lost in the first round of the playoffs the last two seasons. So expecting a Cup this season may not be realistic. Even adding to the pressure. Regardless I look forward to it. GO LEAFS GO!!!!

barahona44
12-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Seattle officially approved to be the NHL's 32nd franchise to start playing in 2021-22 season.

Seattle's the largest city in the USA and Canada that doesn't have a winter major league sports team.
They already have cut off applications for season tickets after getting 33,000 deposits

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/more/article/NHL-approves-expansion-in-Seattle-team-to-begin-13441267.php

Greyfox
12-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Seattle officially approved to be the NHL's 32nd franchise to start playing in 2021-22 season.

Seattle's the largest city in the USA and Canada that doesn't have a winter major league sports team.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/more/article/NHL-approves-expansion-in-Seattle-team-to-begin-13441267.php

That news raises the question as to which team will get kicked out of the Pacific Division into the Central.
Edmonton and Calgary are saying "Hell No, We Won't Go!"
Maybe Arizona? :confused:

Greyfox
12-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Arizona is going to the Central division.
They're okay with that as their attendance apparently goes up, for whatever reason, when they play Central teams.
Could it be that the franchise has eyes on moving to Houston someday?

Greyfox
12-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Flag football in the NHL tonight?
Flames 9 Blue Jackals 6 :faint:

MutuelClerk
12-04-2018, 10:54 PM
McDavid is a great player.

I'll take Matthews.

Yes i'm biased.

Very effing biased.

Pay #34

woodtoo
12-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Missed Nylander's return so what's the consensus?

Greyfox
12-07-2018, 11:15 AM
McDavid is a great player.

I'll take Matthews.

Yes i'm biased.

Very effing biased.

Pay #34

If Matthews doesn't sign on again with Toronto, you might see his ability compared to McDavid's through clearer lenses. :D

MutuelClerk
12-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Missed Nylander's return so what's the consensus?

Too soon to tell. He hasn't practiced with the team. He still played in a game. He'll be fine. Gonna take awhile. Get his legs back.

cj
12-12-2018, 01:47 AM
Ovechkin with the hat trick tonight at the age of 33.

https://i1.wp.com/russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/alex-ovechkin-hat-trick.jpg?fit=1024%2C574&ssl=1

woodtoo
12-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Like a machine!:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

cj
12-15-2018, 02:09 AM
Like a machine!:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

And another!

woodtoo
12-15-2018, 04:20 PM
May as well make it three tonite against Buffalo.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

cj
12-15-2018, 11:11 PM
May as well make it three tonite against Buffalo.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Only one, but it was the game tying goal, and his shootout goal provided the \/\/.

woodtoo
12-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Expecting a wild game in Winnipeg tonight with the red hot Flames visiting. And bring on the shots as Jets are 6-0 when facing 40 plus shots a game.

ldiatone
01-28-2019, 05:05 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired a 2019 fourth-round draft pick from the Dallas Stars in exchange for Jamie Oleksiak

Why? do not get this one. Justin Schultz must be coming back and the pens must like this kid Juuso Riikola

ldiatone
01-28-2019, 05:10 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired a 2019 fourth-round draft pick from the Dallas Stars in exchange for Jamie Oleksiak

Why? do not get this one. Justin Schultz must be coming back and the pens must like this kid Juuso Riikola

from Twitter josh yohe

Oleksiak was always the most likely to go on the blue line. I assume the Penguins are now set with the eight defensemen who remain. They are stocking up on draft picks/assets/cap space in an attempt to land at least one impact forward before deadline.

ldiatone
02-01-2019, 01:39 PM
he Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired forwards Nick Bjugstad and Jared McCann from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Derick Brassard, Riley Sheahan and three 2019 draft picks

woodtoo
02-03-2019, 04:32 PM
he Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired forwards Nick Bjugstad and Jared McCann from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Derick Brassard, Riley Sheahan and three 2019 draft picks

They'll be a threat no doubt.

Greyfox
02-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Connor McDavid is the fastest skater in the NHL.
He plays at very high speed, often with players draped all around him.
Every other team in the league tries to hit on him, waterski on him, hook, and do whatever every night.
The NHL has put out the following video explaining why McDavid has received a two game suspension.
When I watched the game live I was surprised that the refs even gave him a penalty as I've seen much worse hits over the year.
Of course McDavid's Edmonton Oilers are out of the playoff race already so perhaps it doesn't matter.
I feel that the fans are getting robbed of watching one of the greatest players in Hockey for the next two games.
Naturally the NHL is justifying the suspension in the video below.

https://youtu.be/-bk3w66XJHA

Frost king
02-23-2019, 12:33 AM
The call was justified.

MutuelClerk
02-23-2019, 09:16 AM
McDavid won't be an Oiler much longer. You can see the frustration building.

Greyfox
02-23-2019, 10:14 AM
The hit was accidental and unintentional. 2 games is too much.

Greyfox
02-23-2019, 10:15 AM
McDavid won't be an Oiler much longer. You can see the frustration building.

Just 7 more years.

Frost king
02-23-2019, 10:57 AM
The hit was accidental and unintentional. 2 games is too much.

And if someone hit McDavid like that he would have gotten at least two if not more games.

Greyfox
02-23-2019, 11:03 AM
And if someone hit McDavid like that he would have gotten at least two if not more games.

If that were the case, no one would say boo.
Drew Doughty elbowed McDavid in the jaw, went to the bench and laughed. No penalty.
Hampus Lindholm crosschecked McDavid from behind and sent him headfirst into the boards. No penalty.

The two game suspension sees the NHL get $134,408 in their coffers of his pay check!

woodtoo
02-24-2019, 08:55 AM
I've seen much worse go uncalled. McDavid can't buy a break

woodtoo
02-24-2019, 05:27 PM
Trade deadline tomorrow any predictions? Winnipeg seems pretty set as they are but you never know. Laine ended his 15 game goalless drought against Vegas Friday night I wonder if he wasn't a little worried.( not really):D

ldiatone
02-24-2019, 08:02 PM
pens might make some moves as Maatta-Dumoulin-Letang out. dum and letang might not be out for long. Maata out for awhile. and this team is close to not making the Play offs. first time in a while. still have a month to go.

MutuelClerk
02-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Just 7 more years.

Fox, you really think he will last seven years? His body language says two.

woodtoo
03-24-2019, 08:33 AM
First hatty for the great Kyle Conner and second shutout for Hellebuyck in 2 games says the Jets will definitely be real contenders this year. Beware

Greyfox
03-24-2019, 10:04 AM
First hatty for the great Kyle Conner and second shutout for Hellebuyck in 2 games says the Jets will definitely be real contenders this year. Beware

Canada hasn't had the Stanley Cup winner since Montreal won in 1993.
Twenty six years! It's due.
Toronto hasn't won it since I wore a younger man's clothes a long time ago in the 1960's. For sure that's a long time to wait.
Sometimes they are hard to pull for though the way some of the fans and sports writers crap on Babcock. He's the best coach in hockey. If Toronto doesn't win, it will be the players and Management's fault , not his.
But Tampa looks awfully tough. In fact, really, really tough.
"Gotta" hope Calgary, Winnipeg, or Toronto at least get to the final.
The NHL is one tough league to stay consistently as a winner in.

ldiatone
03-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Canada hasn't had the Stanley Cup winner since Montreal won in 1993.
Twenty six years! It's due.
Toronto hasn't won it since I wore a younger man's clothes a long time ago in the 1960's. For sure that's a long time to wait.
Sometimes they are hard to pull for though the way some of the fans and sports writers crap on Babcock. He's the best coach in hockey. If Toronto doesn't win, it will be the players and Management's fault , not his.
But Tampa looks awfully tough. In fact, really, really tough.
"Gotta" hope Calgary, Winnipeg, or Toronto at least get to the final.
The NHL is one tough league to stay consistently as a winner in.
"It's Due"??? rents due-Babies are Due.....Stanley Cups are never Due:)
and as the play by play guys of the other hockey team the Penguins are playing have stated "the pens got there game back". we watch the home feed of the games on NHL Center Ice here in Vegas

Greyfox
03-24-2019, 01:44 PM
"It's Due"??? rents due-Babies are Due.....Stanley Cups are never Due:)
and as the play by play guys of the other hockey team the Penguins are playing have stated "the pens got there game back". we watch the home feed of the games on NHL Center Ice here in Vegas

With 50% of the NHL players being Canadian, it's due baby...overdue!
Still Tampa looks like "the real deal."

woodtoo
03-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Tampa the team to beat right now with Vegas and Washington close behind.
Calgary, Toronto and Winnipeg are Canada's best chances.

Let the playoff games begin !!!

Greyfox
03-29-2019, 11:22 AM
Last night Connor McDavid scored another goal, ho hum.
But check this one out.
At times I think that this guy is from another planet!
I've watched hockey for ...eons. But this goal takes the cake.
He's won MVP twice and may not win it again this year, but he really is outstanding night in and night out.

https://youtu.be/N8cE3KtxcqE

ldiatone
03-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Last night Connor McDavid scored another goal, ho hum.
But check this one out.
At times I think that this guy is from another planet!
I've watched hockey for ...eons. But this goal takes the cake.
He's won MVP twice and may not win it again this year, but he really is outstanding night in and night out.

https://youtu.be/N8cE3KtxcqE

aahhh thats old hat kinda a goal...Crosby has scored like that many times:)

Greyfox
03-29-2019, 03:17 PM
aahhh thats old hat kinda a goal...Crosby has scored like that many times:)

Not at Mach 3 speed though. :D

ldiatone
03-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Not at Mach 3 speed though. :D

YES HE HAS!!! ok both players good. :)
pens lose fri nite. goalie for Preds stopped all. saw the puck like a basketball

cj
03-31-2019, 01:24 PM
Ovi tops 50 again. Will be a while before we see another pure goal scorer like him.

Bogo
03-31-2019, 05:05 PM
How is this for mind blowing. Gretzky has more assists than any other player in history has goals plus assists. He also has 894 goals. Ovechkin, an unbelievable goal scorer, now has 658.

cj
04-01-2019, 12:11 AM
How is this for mind blowing. Gretzky has more assists than any other player in history has goals plus assists. He also has 894 goals. Ovechkin, an unbelievable goal scorer, now has 658.

Certainly not trying to downplay Gretzky, but it was much different game when he played.

jdhanover
04-01-2019, 09:58 AM
My beloved NY Islanders clinched a playoff spot before Toronto did. Let that sink in a minute. Amazing what good coaching can do for a team. Certainly not the most talented team but to go from worst defensive team to best with essentially the same guys minus your 'superstar' is really amazing.

Pajama Boy may get a bit of revenge tonight at the Coli (TOR wins, they clinch a spot). But then again, maybe not as the boys in Blue & Orange have been surprising all year.

Let's Go Islanders!!!!!!

ldiatone
04-01-2019, 01:35 PM
My beloved NY Islanders clinched a playoff spot before Toronto did. Let that sink in a minute. Amazing what good coaching can do for a team. Certainly not the most talented team but to go from worst defensive team to best with essentially the same guys minus your 'superstar' is really amazing.

Pajama Boy may get a bit of revenge tonight at the Coli (TOR wins, they clinch a spot). But then again, maybe not as the boys in Blue & Orange have been surprising all year.

Let's Go Islanders!!!!!!

and if the playoffs started today MYI vrs My Pittsburgh Penguins...Go Pens. and Pens could catcht 2nd place!
Big win for the Pens last nite. Murray stated "they weathered the storm" get it?

ldiatone
04-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Latest Cup odds from BetOnline.

ldiatone
04-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Certainly not trying to downplay Gretzky, but it was much different game when he played.

yea "cement head" played and if any one checked 99, He tried to crushed that player. take Kim Clackston of the pens. he checked him. 1 fight went to the box. after the time 2nd fight.....after the time. 3rd fight. :)

Bogo
04-01-2019, 09:37 PM

The game was different but look at the other great players from that time. Mark Messier was a great player. He has almost 1000 points less. Now if you look at recent great players, guys like Crosby and Ovechkin have very comparable stats to each other.

MutuelClerk
04-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V253Luqc6I

Bogo
04-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Playoffs next week. Really looking forward to them.

MutuelClerk
04-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Bob Cole.

Best Ever.

Bring on the playoffs.

ldiatone
04-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Bob Cole.

Best Ever.

Bring on the playoffs.

:ThmbUp: Kelly is up there along w/ Lang

RunForTheRoses
04-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Tampa Bay? WTH?

Big upset brewing.

RunForTheRoses
04-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V253Luqc6I

F Tavares and the Maple Leafs, they ain't going anywhere this year. I like this Islander team without JT.

RunForTheRoses
04-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Latest Cup odds from BetOnline.

I think St Louis is a decent bet. Imagine the odds have updated with the Lightning in peril.

Greyfox
04-13-2019, 11:27 AM
"Who'da thunk it?"

Tampa 0 - 2
Winnipeg 0-2
Penguins 0-2

The NHL has parity.
On any given night the league's lowest team can beat the best.
In playoffs there are no weak sisters.
Babcock has the Leafs looking dangerous and the Bruins are looking older.
Could be an interesting couple of months ahead.

Greyfox
04-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Bob Cole.

Best Ever.

Cole is great. A living legend. He also represented Newfoundland in the Brier, Canada's curling championship. Too bad he's not being called upon for any playoff games.
Another Maritimer who was very good too was the late Danny Gallivan.
He was a hero of Bob Coles. Bob said "He had a style no one would equal...ever."
Gallivan was famous to using the term "cannonading" in describing the powerful slapshots of players like Bobby and Dennis Hull.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/remembering-time-met-hero-danny-gallivan/

Greyfox
04-14-2019, 10:26 AM
The NHL Player Safety Committee should be looking into the atrocious lack of refereeing in the Boston - Leafs game Saturday night.
I only saw parts of each period, but what I saw convinced me that "anything goes." :mad:

woodtoo
04-14-2019, 10:49 AM
"and then the roof kind of caved in...."

Legendary Bob Cole "The decision sure wasn't mutual,it was right out of the blue. Rogers decided to go with other teams and I have to live with that."

ldiatone
04-14-2019, 01:15 PM
well i do think the Pens are done.....unless they come back in game 3 down 2-1 after 1.

Greyfox
04-14-2019, 01:24 PM
well i do think the Pens are done.....unless they come back in game 3 down 2-1 after 1.

To early to count Crosby et. al. out.
If the Islanders win this series, Barry Trotz is a Hockey Genius.

ldiatone
04-14-2019, 02:57 PM
To early to count Crosby et. al. out.
If the Islanders win this series, Barry Trotz is a Hockey Genius.
agree on trotz. pens done this year. the way the NY is playing. no way pens win 4 in a row.. oh well had some good runs with the team.

what about the Bolts??? down 0-2!! WOW!

Bogo
04-14-2019, 09:01 PM
If Tampa goes down, who if the favorite to win it ? So wide open.

RunForTheRoses
04-15-2019, 08:02 AM
If Tampa goes down, who if the favorite to win it ? So wide open.

I would say Calgary but quite a few contenders-St Louis, Vegas, apparently Columbus, WSH and maybe, hopefully the Islanders.

ldiatone
04-21-2019, 03:15 PM
now only one Canadian team that has a chance. i can't believe the jets and flames are out! bolts and pens out early. Leafs only canadian team left. can the beat the B's??

Greyfox
04-21-2019, 03:42 PM
now only one Canadian team that has a chance. i can't believe the jets and flames are out! bolts and pens out early. Leafs only canadian team left. can the beat the B's??

Yup, Toronto is the Great White North's Last Hope.
The door is now wide open for any second round team to go right through to the Cup with Tampa Bay and Calgary gone.
Just an unexpected series of results in April.
None of the paid "pundits" predicted that.

Bogo
04-23-2019, 12:00 AM
Great game tonight with Dallas finishing Nashville. Two game 7's tomorrow. Crazy upsets this year.

wisconsin
04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
All I can say is WOW!

Some damn good teams out or on the brink of being out.

chiguy
04-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Great time of year to be a puck fan. Those two games last night were great, would have loved to be in either building. Pulling hard for the "bunch of jerks" but they have an uphill battle in DC for game 7.

Greyfox
04-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Game 7 Boston vs Toronto is HUGE tonight.
:popcorn:

Greyfox
04-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Game 7 Boston vs Toronto is HUGE tonight.
:popcorn:

The NHL is parity exemplified.
It's a 3-2 league.
Canada has not won the Cup for 26 years.
What is, is.
Thank you Toronto for giving us Canucks a great try. :ThmbUp:
P.S. - Mike Babcock is still one of the smartest Coaches in hockey. Fact.

Bogo
04-24-2019, 12:41 AM
Vegas and San Jose! This game is just nuts. Overtime to decide it.

ldiatone
04-24-2019, 05:42 PM
Vegas and San Jose! This game is just nuts. Overtime to decide it.

what did yinz think of the 5 min pen.?? on the post game show here in vegas it was stated terrible call. but how can the PK unit give up 4 goals in less then 3 mins. and yet tie the game w/ 45sec left?? knight had a chance in ot. now go ahead call the winners of the next round. and what if the caps go down!!!

Greyfox
04-24-2019, 07:09 PM
what did yinz think of the 5 min pen.?? on the post game show here in vegas it was stated terrible call. but how can the PK unit give up 4 goals in less then 3 mins. and yet tie the game w/ 45sec left?? knight had a chance in ot. now go ahead call the winners of the next round. and what if the caps go down!!!

I only saw the play the next morning.
Most of the sports scribes that I listened to said that the call was terrible and shouldn't have been a penalty.

Bogo
04-24-2019, 10:44 PM
Tough call. I thought it was a penalty but I don't know about a 5 min. That said, you have a 3-0 lead. You can even give up 2 power play goals at that point and still be in the driver's seat.

Bogo
04-24-2019, 11:32 PM
Caps out. Up 2-0 and 3-1 in this game and can't finish at home. The craziness continues.

cj
04-25-2019, 12:16 AM
Caps out. Up 2-0 and 3-1 in this game and can't finish at home. The craziness continues.

Williams should have been in the box and instead gets an assist on the game winner.

https://twitter.com/jmousis/status/1121254497785761793

ldiatone
04-25-2019, 12:38 AM
I only saw the play the next morning.
Most of the sports scribes that I listened to said that the call was terrible and shouldn't have been a penalty.

the man crossed checked him at the chest and knocked him down.

ldiatone
04-25-2019, 12:39 AM
Williams should have been in the box and instead gets an assist on the game winner.

https://twitter.com/jmousis/status/1121254497785761793

hey had a power play in OT and could not score...

cj
04-25-2019, 12:42 AM
hey had a power play in OT and could not score...

Sure, that was an obvious delay of game, no way you can't call that. The Caps caught a break earlier when they did the same on a much closer call and the refs missed it.

No sour grapes from me. Carolina was the better team. I just don't think that kind of play has any place in hockey. When the refs ignore one so obvious they are condoning it.

reckless
04-25-2019, 11:35 AM
You can bet big that there are many Caps' fans today who are very angry with the owners for playing the cheap card with Barry Trotz.

Greyfox
04-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Agreed. A textbook "slew-foot" and no call. When something is as blatant as that hockey can be infuriating.

cj
04-25-2019, 06:15 PM
You can bet big that there are many Caps' fans today who are very angry with the owners for playing the cheap card with Barry Trotz.

Personally I don't think that really was the reason for the loss. Holtby was just ok, let in some softies, and that was the difference this year. Maybe they should have started Copley the first two games to get him fired up! :)

reckless
04-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Personally I don't think that really was the reason for the loss. Holtby was just ok, let in some softies, and that was the difference this year. Maybe they should have started Copley the first two games to get him fired up! :)

I agree too but the Caps are now out of it and the Islanders had a great year -- with Barry Trotz the common denominator.

Because of this excellent year by the Isles I was cheering for a Caps win now, and advances by the Maple Leafs, so that the fan-talk would be Trotz vs. Caps and the Isles vs. John Taveres.

Would anyone have thought the Isles would sweep in Round One with both the Caps and Leafs losing?

Even smaller upsets like this is why the NHL playoffs are the best, most exciting and unpredictable in all sports.

Grits
04-29-2019, 09:04 PM
I now know three things about hockey.

1. It has a puck. There's that.

2. And we, meaning Carolina, have beaten last year's Stanley Cup champions, the Caps.

3. And we, again, meaning Carolina, are up 2-0 against the Islanders. .... Sorry, New York. :kiss:

GO CANES!!!!

ldiatone
04-29-2019, 11:35 PM
I now know three things about hockey.

1. It has a puck. There's that.

2. And we, meaning Carolina, have beaten last year's Stanley Cup champions, the Caps.

3. And we, again, meaning Carolina, are up 2-0 against the Islanders. .... Sorry, New York. :kiss:

GO CANES!!!!
:ThmbUp:

dnlgfnk
05-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Highway robbery. 4 officials miss OT winner that came after hand pass...

https://twitter.com/TwitterMoments/status/1128860950969249792

woodtoo
06-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Congrats St.Louis on your well earned win in Boston last night.:jump:
From last to first what an amazing season.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

ldiatone
06-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Congrats St.Louis on your well earned win in Boston last night.:jump:
From last to first what an amazing season.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

horses4courses
06-13-2019, 12:05 PM
Good to see a franchise like the Blues having success for once.
What a game 7 for their goalie......wow :eek: :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
06-13-2019, 12:27 PM
WELL DONE ST. LOUIS! :ThmbUp:
Last in January, First in June! Amazing.

cj
06-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Great story, could make a movie about this some day and nobody would believe it.

zico20
06-17-2019, 06:51 PM
I have been on top of the world for days now. Never thought I would see the day my Blues hoisted the Cup. The celebrations afterward yielded exactly ZERO arrests or disturbances. Now that is amazing. I was at the parade on Saturday, it was incredible.:jump:

xtb
06-17-2019, 06:57 PM
The Sabres keep shooting themselves in the foot. They practically gave away Ryan O'Reilly and he has 4 years left on his contract.

ReplayRandall
06-17-2019, 07:47 PM
I have been on top of the world for days now. Never thought I would see the day my Blues hoisted the Cup. The celebrations afterward yielded exactly ZERO arrests or disturbances. Now that is amazing. I was at the parade on Saturday, it was incredible.:jump:
I'm very happy for you Zico, and the great long-suffering fans of the Blues....:ThmbUp: