PDA

View Full Version : Magic Custard Cake

HalvOnHorseracing
09-12-2018, 09:56 PM
You don't have to be Jacques Pepin to make this dessert. Pretty much anyone with a mixer can make it.

Some of my family came for Thanksgiving and I wanted to have a dessert for the days other than Thursday (Apple and Pumpkin pie dessert day). I remembered a custard cake my grandmother used to make and I went on a google recipe search. I found this recipe, made a test cake and thought it was about as close to grandma's as I was going to get. Unless you have an aversion to custard, it's as good as any custard cake you'll eat.

http://cinnamonandtoast.com/magic-custard-cake/

ldiatone
09-13-2018, 02:01 PM
very nice:ThmbUp: very close to a "German Pancake" only the eggs are left whole.

Grits
09-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Oh,my goodness, a recipe has been posted at PA. And, it's one of my favorite things in life. CUSTARD, ANYTHING CUSTARD. I'm not a big sweet eater or much for snacking but this I had to save. It looks and sounds delicious and isn't overly heavy. I read the comments that followed the recipe. Thank you for sharing this.

sammy the sage
09-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Oh,my goodness, a recipe has been posted at PA. And, it's one of my favorite things in life. CUSTARD, ANYTHING CUSTARD. I'm not a big sweet eater or much for snacking but this I had to save. It looks and sounds delicious and isn't overly heavy. I read the comments that followed the recipe. Thank you for sharing this.

Good to see you posting again....I know what your favorite refreshment is to down that CUSTARD....:ThmbUp:;)

HalvOnHorseracing
09-13-2018, 10:33 PM
There are only three responses but I guarantee 135 of the 138 people who looked at it bookmarked the recipe!

ldiatone
09-14-2018, 02:25 AM

bet you love Creme Burlee';) how about Caramel Custard and Profiterole w/ Patisserie

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2018, 03:09 AM
Good to see you posting again....I know what your favorite refreshment is to down that CUSTARD....:ThmbUp:;)You should know that Grits and I get along very well. You should be nicer to me because of that...:lol:

dlivery
09-14-2018, 03:10 AM
How about Cheese Cake those Chineese make

sammy the sage
09-14-2018, 07:54 AM
You should know that Grits and I get along very well. You should be nicer to me because of that...:lol:

Well hell...that means you can't be all bad...actually I agree with 75% of your viewpoints....no that ain't a suck-up or fake news :pound:...

Don't think that's gonna stop your jabs at me or vica versa on the other 25%tho....:rant:

barahona44
09-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Why does the name of the dessert make me think that some of the ingredients are illegal substances? :D

Tom
09-14-2018, 09:13 PM
I've been reading this as MUSTARD Cake! Just cleaned my glasses. :lol:

NOW, I get it. :p