PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for PA Board

andicap
09-10-2004, 12:44 PM
On the main home page, how about a direct link to today's scratches?

cj
09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Good idea, hope you don't mind that I stole it for my site :)

andicap
09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Hmm.
www.pacefigures.com might have to become my new home page.

would even replace www.michaelmoore.com

(To quote a favorite old-time comedian -- can't remember who said this -- THAT"S A JOKE, SON. )

BillW
09-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by andicap

(To quote a favorite old-time comedian -- can't remember who said this -- THAT"S A JOKE, SON. )

Foghorn leghorn? :D

NoDayJob
09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Hmm.
[url] (To quote a favorite old-time comedian -- can't remember who said this -- THAT"S A JOKE, SON. )

The bag of wind politician, Senator Claghorn, on the Fred Allen Show.

NDJ

andicap
09-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by NoDayJob
The bag of wind politician, Senator Claghorn, on the Fred Allen Show.

NDJ

Right, right.

I'm not old enough to remember Fred Allen, but every time I hear a clip from his old radio shows I crack up. Unfortunately he didn't transfer well to television.
A real forgotten genius IMHO.

NoDayJob
09-10-2004, 07:13 PM
A real forgotten genius IMHO.

Forgotten, yes, but still very much copied.

FYI---

Allen's Alley created the character, Titus Moody, who turned up on TV as the Pepperidge Farm cookie man. Senator Claghorn, also of the Alley, was transfigured into Warner Brothers TV cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn the rooster. The "Senator" also appeared on the Kentucky Fried Chicken TV commercial. A variety of TV comedians have done direct take-offs of Allen's performances, e.g., Red Skelton's "Gussler's Gin" routine. Johnny Carson's "Mighty Carson Art Players" can be traced back to Fred Allen. Allen's "People You Didn't Expect to Meet" is an idea that has worked for David Letterman. A throw back to Allen's style of comedy is, radio's Garrison Keeler's, "Lake Wobegan" .

NDJ

Hosshead
09-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Good idea, hope you don't mind that I stole it for my site :)
CJ- Where do you click on to go to the scratches?

delayjf
09-13-2004, 04:59 PM
I've heard that some are putting together a "Best of PA". I've cut an pasted a lot of stuff hear but I'm sure I've missed a bunch as well. Will the "best of PA" every come to pass.

cj
09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hosshead
CJ- Where do you click on to go to the scratches?

Right under the download files, you see "Today's Scratches", just click and it takes you straight to the Equibase Late Scratches page.