PDA

View Full Version : NFL,2018

Pages : [1] 2

barahona44
09-06-2018, 11:52 AM
The NFL season starts tonight and I would like this to thread to be about professional FOOTBALL. It is most definitely NOT about:

* Kneeling
* Nike
* Colin Kaepernik
* Donald Trump
* Boycotts
* Anything political.

If the above categories get you going, well God bless.But there are plenty of threads in both Sports and OT-General covering those topics or you can start your own thread.Can you dig it? ;) .Glad you agree.:ThmbUp:

It is most definitely about :

* Predictions
* News
* Gambling
* Players,coaches ,teams & games
* Playoffs

Last year I did my prognostication thing on the Thursday Night games.I like the TNF because the teams are usually meeting on more or less the same terms.The NFL tries to have the visiting team not have to travel that far, thus avoiding time zone fatigue and a team doesn't play on Thursday if they are just coming off a bye. The fewer differing factors between teams makes betting easier, though it's still not easy. :).Last year, I did OK ,going 19-9-2 (I do both the win and the over/under), finishing 8-5-2 in the win column and 11-4 on the O/U. For the spreads, I use the vegasinsider.com consensus of six Las Vegas sports books such as Wynn, MGM Mirage and Circus Circus (jk on that last one :D),it's updated frequently,so the number I see when I do my choices is when I make the post.

Who do I like in the Super Bowl? I don't like the Patriots.They'll win the AFC East by default, although both Miami and the Jets have improved.But the Brady-Bellichik era is coming to an end.They could get to the Big Game because the AFC isn't up to much but Padre Time always wins and TB 12 is no different.Bellichik's arrogance may have worn out its welcome in Foxboro,especially after the Malcolm Butler fiasco.Players tolerated Bill because they knew they had a real shot at a ring but after all that effort only to come up short because the coach wanted to send a "message" (I guess when Butler retires, we'll finally get the truth) will not go over well.They lost Matt Patricia and several key role players.Not seeing them winning.

I think it will be the Steelers and the Falcons in the SB with Atlanta winning.The Falcons have had a year to recover from the trauma of blowing the Super Bowl 2 years ago and there's a lot of talent on that team.

As for tonight's game, the champion Philadelphia Eagles will hoist the flag, then play the Falcons at Philly. The spread as I write this is pick'em (opened at Eagles by 4) with an O/U of 44 1/2.I will take the Falcons and the over.The Eagles did a remarkable job of getting a journeyman like Nick Foles through the playoffs but eventually Cinderella's coach turns into a pumpkin and midnight is drawing nigh.I prefer the over most times but often the early season is a feeling out process that favors defense.Going to be a little contrarian with that thinking.I think we see a close game in the 27-23 range.

Let the games begin!

Robert Fischer
09-06-2018, 03:07 PM
Falcons look tough tonight.

Robert Fischer
09-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Not sure how many people here reading this post ever played video games or arcade games? ...

The Falcons are built like that player who makes it to the end of the level, dies and then starts over.

They can whiz through the regular season level, they have everything mastered.

Eagles in a different boat. They overachieved and won last year, now they have to prove they are still hungry, healthy enough, and with some different pieces.

I actually like Foles a lot, and feel he can be successful with an offense tailored to his strengths/weaknesses - but that's also a situation where the Eagles coaching has to decide whether to take the growing pains of the Foles offense or to have Foles continue with the regular offense that was so successful last year for Wentz (and some Foles).

Guessing as a fan, but I would think early success would be key for the Eagles in this game. Game could get away from them if they start cold. Falcons 27, Eagles 10

proximity
09-07-2018, 04:01 AM
are the colts still favored?

they have three good safeties (if they stay healthy) but otherwise i don't see how this defense stops anyone? :confused:

barahona44
09-07-2018, 08:35 AM
That was a sloppy game last night.A thousand penalties, nobody could score in the red zone, missed extra point.An exciting finish but if Matt Ryan has 5 shots inside the 10 to win and throws 5 straight incompletions, that'a not boding well for the idea to play your regulars as little as possible in the preseason ;I'll bet we will see more sloppy play on Sunday and next week, too.

As for me, off to a bad start, missed the win and the O/U.
Week 1 - 0-2-0 (Win 0-1-0, O/U 0-1-0)

Inner Dirt
09-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Anyone else get tired of how the rules and there interpretation change drastically every year? I hate to slow the game down but if they are going to call as many unnecessary roughness penalties they need to be reviewed. The interpretation of the you can't hit the QB low rule or whatever it is called is a real joke. I saw a guy get flagged for just trying to dive and wrap up the QB's legs while getting blocked. Now it appears you can't land on a QB while tackling him. Defenders are going to start getting hurt trying to contort themselves while tackling to avoid penalties.

Might as well have the QB play flag while the rest play tackle. Since that will make it easier to sack him you have to count two Mississippis before rushing.

I started watching football in grade school in the 60's I remember when Sonny Jurgensen was as bloody and battered as Dick Butkus after a game.
Now they want QBs to look like they never got in the game,

Robert Fischer
09-07-2018, 12:04 PM
That was a sloppy game last night.A thousand penalties, nobody could score in the red zone, missed extra point.An exciting finish but if Matt Ryan has 5 shots inside the 10 to win and throws 5 straight incompletions, that'a not boding well for the idea to play your regulars as little as possible in the preseason ;I'll bet we will see more sloppy play on Sunday and next week, too.

As for me, off to a bad start, missed the win and the O/U.
Week 1 - 0-2-0 (Win 0-1-0, O/U 0-1-0)

Big part of that game.

Robert Fischer
09-07-2018, 12:22 PM
COLTS -2.5 vs cinci

MIAMI +1 vs tenn

OAKLAND +4 vs la rams

barahona44
09-07-2018, 01:41 PM
2 casual picks

Vikings. -6 1/2 over the 49ers.San Francisco won their last 5 games in 2017, so a lot of people have them pinned as this year's Rams. Not so fast.

Baltimore-Buffalo. O/U of 40 1/2 , take the under.Most years, there'a a surprise team that gets to the Super Bowl or the conference championship.I think the Ravens could be that team.John Harbaugh's on the hot seat and Joe Flacco, has some competition for his job.Buffalo lucked out and backed into the playoffs last year.Bills are having Josh Allen sit for now at QB.When the Bills announced that Nathan Peterman, who tied an NFL record when he threw 5 interceptions in one half in his only start last year, was starting, the line jumped from 3 to 7 for Baltimore almost immediately.

HHE10
09-07-2018, 05:59 PM
are the colts still favored?

they have three good safeties (if they stay healthy) but otherwise i don't see how this defense stops anyone? :confused:

Well the team has kind of fell apart when Luck was hurt for the season. :(

Robert Fischer
09-07-2018, 10:40 PM
O/U for the STEELERS @ BROWNS has dipped almost a TD since open. :confused:

maybe the likely heavy rains Sunday?

Can't be the LeVeon Bell soap-opera. The timing there doesn't fit; we knew Bell was unlikely for Week 1...

I'll stick with my 3 picks, but weather could help the Browns and newly acquired QB Tyrod Taylor (his running game and bad weather résumé from Buffalo) be more competitive with the Steelers.

Robert Fischer
09-07-2018, 11:57 PM
COLTS -2.5 vs cinci

MIAMI +1 vs tenn

OAKLAND +4 vs la rams

CLEVELAND +4 vs pitt

newtothegame
09-08-2018, 01:06 AM
Ill jump in here if you guys don't mind and lay a few of my wagers....
Prior to that though, the falcons/Eagles game was dismal. The FalCants again prove why they can't win a big game. Good for me being a Saints fan but they are not all that they are hyped to be and last night showed it. The eagles were offensive to say the least with NO offensive fire power and the falcons continue the trend of not being able to "finish" either drives or games!

With that being said, The Saints win it all this year!

My picks for the week,

GB-7 at home vs the bears

Chargers -3.5 versus the chiefs

Dolphins +1 versus Titans

Robert Fischer
09-09-2018, 10:57 AM
some good games today

really interested in how my Steelers(my team) fare vs the Browns(a week 1 pick) and how much rain hits. Looking at how I basically picked Atlanta in the Thursday opener, 0-1 on the season with 3 live picks for today.

only a couple hours for the 1 o'clock games, I know there are some more pigskin prognosticators in here :popcorn:

PhantomOnTour
09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
I believe Deshaun Watson will be exposed this year.
He put up great numbers last year but I still think he isn't a good passer. The old D corrodinators have film now and they will figure him out.
Texans will underachieve once again

Marshall Bennett
09-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Chiefs +3.5

Panthers -3

Boris
09-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Nobody but me willing to lay the 10 with New Orleans? I'm surprised. Tampa is worse than last year. First two draft picks are inactive, and the QB is taking the first 3 games off. The secondary is bad and the best player back there is out hurt. I just don't see how they can stay close to NO on the road. NO is my top play today.

burnsy
09-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Never count Fitzpatrick out probably better than the bonehead they start...…..very under rated. Wish the Bills still had him.

Speaking of the Bills, my favorite team. I took a lot of heat since March from Bills fans near me because I knew we would suck. Traded our QB, traded the new QB that was the only one with experience. Went with Peterman. Plus, our line sucks. They got the worst coach and GM in this league (decisions). We will probably be one of the worst teams this year.....after finally getting in the playoffs. Long season for Bills....embarrassing today.

barahona44
09-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Never count Fitzpatrick out probably better than the bonehead they start...…..very under rated. Wish the Bills still had him.

Speaking of the Bills, my favorite team. I took a lot of heat since March from Bills fans near me because I knew we would suck. Traded our QB, traded the new QB that was the only one with experience. Went with Peterman. Plus, our line sucks. They got the worst coach and GM in this league (decisions). We will probably be one of the worst teams this year.....after finally getting in the playoffs. Long season for Bills....embarrassing today.

Fitzpatrick's got a history of being good for a half season, maybe more, then his shortcomings come through.Without even knowing who they play next week, I'd bet against TB next week, they're not a good team overall and this was an aberration.(just looked it up, the Bucs play the Eagles coming off a nice long rest.But I don't trust Nick Foles)

As for the Bills, they were very lucky last year but didn't expect a blowout. Can't see them being better than 5-11.

Secondbest
09-09-2018, 05:04 PM
With all the hype the giants still can't score 20 pts. Just like last year.

barahona44
09-09-2018, 05:07 PM
2 casual picks

Vikings. -6 1/2 over the 49ers.San Francisco won their last 5 games in 2017, so a lot of people have them pinned as this year's Rams. Not so fast.

Baltimore-Buffalo. O/U of 40 1/2 , take the under.Most years, there'a a surprise team that gets to the Super Bowl or the conference championship.I think the Ravens could be that team.John Harbaugh's on the hot seat and Joe Flacco, has some competition for his job.Buffalo lucked out and backed into the playoffs last year.Bills are having Josh Allen sit for now at QB.When the Bills announced that Nathan Peterman, who tied an NFL record when he threw 5 interceptions in one half in his only start last year, was starting, the line jumped from 3 to 7 for Baltimore almost immediately.

Vikings cover but I thought it would be more a 16-17 point margin.49ers are being oversold.

Baltimore smashed Buffalo, I was expecting more of a 28-10 score, so I recommended the under.But I am convinced the Ravens are going to make noise in the AFC this year, the Patriots looked sluggish today despite the win.DeShaun Watson didn't look that great today either.Of course every time the Pats look like they're flailing, they come back to life.

Secondbest
09-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Vikings cover but I thought it would be more a 16-17 point margin.49ers are being oversold.

Baltimore smashed Buffalo, I was expecting more of a 28-10 score, so I recommended the under.But I am convinced the Ravens are going to make noise in the AFC this year, the Patriots looked sluggish today despite the win.DeShaun Watson didn't look that great today either.Of course every time the Pats look like they're flailing, they come back to life.

Pat's always start slow . Belichek treats the first 4 games as an extension of the pre season. Start slow finish fast.

proximity
09-09-2018, 06:22 PM
With all the hype the giants still can't score 20 pts. Just like last year.

jacksonville's defense is like an all-star team though.

the colts lost but did better than i thought. the new coach is a definite improvement!

barahona44
09-10-2018, 08:14 AM
After watching Aaron Rodgers bring his team back from a 20-0 deficit in the second half while playing on one leg, I've come to the conclusion even at 33 million per year, he's the biggest bargain in football.

Inner Dirt
09-10-2018, 08:55 AM
After watching Aaron Rodgers bring his team back from a 20-0 deficit in the second half while playing on one leg, I've come to the conclusion even at 33 million per year, he's the biggest bargain in football.

No argument here. When healthy I can't think of anyone better than him at scrambling around to buy extra time. I think you probably have to go back to Fran Tarkenton to match his scrambling abilities.

Tom
09-10-2018, 12:10 PM
From now on, every halftime, they are going to attack Rodger's knee with a 2x4.

barahona44
09-13-2018, 10:33 AM
The official Thursday Night Football season starts tonight with the Baltimore Ravens (my choice to be the surprise team of the NFL this year) playing the Cincinnati Bengals in the Queen City (that would be Cincy for those not up on their city nicknames).As I write thus, the consensus of 6 Las Vegas sports books on Vegasinsider.Com is a pick 'em and an over-under of 45.This is difficult to decide as I think Cincinnati is also a team on the possible rebound and they've played the Ravens tough the past 3 or 4 years.I will go with the under as both teams play defense well.Baltimore got a ton of turnovers and short fields from the ineptitude of Buffalo last Sunday.Andy Dalton isn't a great QB but he isn't Nathan Peterman either. In what should be a close game, I will choose the Ravens to be victorious.

YTD. 0-2 (0-1 win, 0-1 O/U)

Robert Fischer
09-13-2018, 03:22 PM
i'll take Cinci + 1

YTD 2-3

barahona44
09-14-2018, 12:55 AM
The official Thursday Night Football season starts tonight with the Baltimore Ravens (my choice to be the surprise team of the NFL this year) playing the Cincinnati Bengals in the Queen City (that would be Cincy for those not up on their city nicknames).As I write thus, the consensus of 6 Las Vegas sports books on Vegasinsider.Com is a pick 'em and an over-under of 45.This is difficult to decide as I think Cincinnati is also a team on the possible rebound and they've played the Ravens tough the past 3 or 4 years.I will go with the under as both teams play defense well.Baltimore got a ton of turnovers and short fields from the ineptitude of Buffalo last Sunday.Andy Dalton isn't a great QB but he isn't Nathan Peterman either. In what should be a close game, I will choose the Ravens to be victorious.

YTD. 0-2 (0-1 win, 0-1 O/U)
Didn't see the game as Comcast dropped NFL Network from the cable package I have.Just as well as the NFL is starting to get unpredictable.That makes for great viewing but lousy betting.:confused: Last year I only whiffed three times on both the win and O/U for the same game;(15 games);this year I've already done that twice in the first two weeks.:mad: It's tough to look for trends until a few weeks into the season.

YTD 0-4 (Win 0-2 , O/U 0-2)

Robert Fischer
09-14-2018, 11:09 AM
It'll even out Barahona

i'll take Cinci + 1

YTD 2-3

3-3 YTD

Robert Fischer
09-14-2018, 02:00 PM
BUCS + 3 vs eagles

BILLS + 7.5 vs chargers

barahona44
09-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Three casual picks for Sunday

Giants +3 over the Cowboys.Dak Prescott has been figured out.

Denver -6 1/2 over Oakland. Jon Gruden hasn't figured it out yet.A good coach getting great coach $$$.

Lions-49ers O/U 48 1/2 take, the over.Matt Patricia is a HC now, he needs to lose the frat boy backward -baseball cap.Always thought he was going to be the next failure on the Bellichik coaching tree, not that I'm wishing for it.

Marshall Bennett
09-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Redskins -6

Chiefs +6

Tampa Bay +3.5

Lions +6

Broncos -6

Last week : 2-0 (YTD)

Tom
09-16-2018, 04:41 PM
WANTED
FIELD GOAL KICKER

No experience necessary.
Apply Minnesota Vikings

Immediate Opening.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Secondbest
09-16-2018, 05:34 PM
WANTED
FIELD GOAL KICKER

No experience necessary.
Apply Minnesota Vikings

Immediate Opening.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or Cleveland Browns

Secondbest
09-16-2018, 09:45 PM
The giants offense looks worse than ever. 1 touchdown so far this year. Making dallas D look like 85 bears.
Can they turn it around in the second half?

Secondbest
09-16-2018, 10:46 PM
The giants offense looks worse than ever. 1 touchdown so far this year. Making dallas D look like 85 bears.
Can they turn it around in the second half?

Guess not.Offense is hideous.

Inner Dirt
09-17-2018, 08:02 AM
That Giant offensive line is flat out terrible at pass blocking. Eli Manning is going to get killed.

Tom
09-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Bills already in post-season form on the filed! :lol:
Gotta feel sorry for their fans....

So bad in Buffalo, one of the players retired at half-time...Literally retired and wen home! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Early retirement of many of them would be a good strategy.
Team is a joke.

barahona44
09-17-2018, 10:32 AM
That Giant offensive line is flat out terrible at pass blocking. Eli Manning is going to get killed.

True, but I'm also afraid Eli's also lost something.He always had the ability to escape but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.Definitely has rapidly fallen off a cliff the past 2 years.

Marshall Bennett
09-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Redskins -6

Chiefs +6

Tampa Bay +3'5

Lions +6

Broncos -6

Last week : 2-0 (YTD)

This week : 3-2
Year : 5-2

HHE10
09-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Or Cleveland Browns

Speaking of job openings.... the Browns released kicker Zane Gonzalez and signed Greg Joseph. :pound:

Joseph was signed as a UFA by Miami, he was later cut by Miami during roster cuts.

HHE10
09-17-2018, 05:06 PM
True, but I'm also afraid Eli's also lost something.He always had the ability to escape but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.Definitely has rapidly fallen off a cliff the past 2 years.

He should either retire this year or maybe wait one more season and retire. The Giants are not going anywhere with him, so you mind as well just retire. :coffee:

CheckMark
09-17-2018, 06:04 PM
He should either retire this year or maybe wait one more season and retire. The Giants are not going anywhere with him, so you mind as well just retire. :coffee:

I agree on this. I could see the Giants being the #1 pick and selecting a QB.

barahona44
09-17-2018, 06:09 PM
I agree on this. I could see the Giants being the #1 pick and selecting a QB.

Buffalo and Arizona are a lot worse.At least the Giants have a decent defense

Also, I don't think Eli is going to walk away from 23.2 million he's due next year.

Secondbest
09-17-2018, 09:56 PM
The Giants had a window early this year to cut Eli. They didn't so now he's there for at least the 2019 season.

Lemon Drop Husker
09-18-2018, 05:42 PM
FitzMagic is my newest favoritist player of all-time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F0aE5VUZIY

barahona44
09-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again for the last game of summer. (Autumn begins on Saturday).Tonight the New York Jets travel to Cleveland to play the the Browns.The numbers as I write this is Cleveland by 3 with an O/U of 41.
The mantra on the Browns is that they've got a lot of good young talent and they'll improve and compete better.Well, maybe that will finally happen this year.Their defense gave 2 high powered offenses,the Steelers and Saints all they could handle.One thing about the NFL is that defenses tend to be more consistent week-to-week than offense.The Jets scored 48 points week 1 ,then only 12 week 2.I think Sam Darnold will suffer the inconsistency all rookies go through.I see the Browns winning but the Over/ Under is tougher.I'll take the under.The Browns have a tough defense and inept ofense.Jets D is OK.

YTD. 0-4, (0-2 Win,0-2 O/U)

tophatmert
09-20-2018, 04:45 PM
I think Darnold will go through some growing pains also but he certainly has some skills. While neither one of these teams has a good offense wouldn't surprise me if bad offense led to a defensive TD or two. The Jets are letting Darnold throw it around and that can lead to some bad things short term.

rastajenk
09-20-2018, 09:06 PM
So far, one of the worst games I've tried to watch in a long time.:sleeping:

barahona44
09-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again for the last game of summer. (Autumn begins on Saturday).Tonight the New York Jets travel to Cleveland to play the the Browns.The numbers as I write this is Cleveland by 3 with an O/U of 41.
The mantra on the Browns is that they've got a lot of good young talent and they'll improve and compete better.Well, maybe that will finally happen this year.Their defense gave 2 high powered offenses,the Steelers and Saints all they could handle.One thing about the NFL is that defenses tend to be more consistent week-to-week than offense.The Jets scored 48 points week 1 ,then only 12 week 2.I think Sam Darnold will suffer the inconsistency all rookies go through.I see the Browns winning but the Over/ Under is tougher.I'll take the under.The Browns have a tough defense and inept ofense.Jets D is OK.

YTD. 0-4, (0-2 Win,0-2 O/U)

Did Cleveland have their Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady moment with Tyrod Taylor going down with an injury and Baker Mayfield rallying the troops to victory?Although from a physical/passing ability standpoint,I questioned Mayfield being taken #1 overall, he does have the intangibles and leadership that the Browns desperately need.Now if they can only get rid of Hue Jackson...

Got both the win and O/U tonight.

YTD. 2-4. (1-2 Win, 1-2 O/U)

thaskalos
09-21-2018, 12:34 AM
Only a lousy kicker has kept Cleveland from being undefeated this year.

CheckMark
09-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Blew my 2-0 record for Thursday night games right out the window last night :pout:

woodtoo
09-21-2018, 08:39 AM
After 635 days and 19 games CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!

A super WIN over NY Jets.:headbanger:

Tom
09-21-2018, 09:13 AM
635 days without a win!
At what point do the "fans" realize the Browns are NOT worthy of any support? :lol:

Cleveland - the mistake on the lake, home of the mistake on the field.

Last night, they got a flag on their entrance - team personal foul.

They punted late in the game rather than try a 53 yard field goal. They had no idea how far the end zone was - they had never been in field goal territory before. Those big poles at the back of the end zone scared them - they though they were high power lines.

Hey, i could put together a team from a bar at last call and do JUST AS GOOD as the Browns! :lol:

Buffalo vs Cleveland - the game of the century!
:popcorn::faint::sleeping:

barahona44
09-21-2018, 11:02 AM
635 days without a win!
At what point do the "fans" realize the Browns are NOT worthy of any support? :lol:

Cleveland - the mistake on the lake, home of the mistake on the field.

Last night, they got a flag on their entrance - team personal foul.

They punted late in the game rather than try a 53 yard field goal. They had no idea how far the end zone was - they had never been in field goal territory before. Those big poles at the back of the end zone scared them - they though they were high power lines.

Hey, i could put together a team from a bar at last call and do JUST AS GOOD as the Browns! :lol:

Buffalo vs Cleveland - the game of the century!
:popcorn::faint::sleeping:

Tom will be here all week ,folks.Try the veal.:D

Marshall Bennett
09-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Saints +3
Giants +6.5
Redskins +3
Seahawks -1
Tampa Bay +1.5

barahona44
09-22-2018, 12:06 AM

Patriots -7 over Lions.When Bill Bellichik gets bitch slapped, there are immediate consequences.Especially for the following week's opponent.

Cardinals +6 over the Bears.Bears are better than last year but they also played 2 gruelling games in a row.They should win but Arizona could get some garbage time points at the end to cover.

Vikings-Bills .Minnesota is a 16 1/2 point favorite with a 40 O/U,which means the Bills can't score more than 11 points for the under number to happen.The Bills aren't THAT bad.Take the over.

barahona44
09-22-2018, 05:06 PM

Vikings-Bills .Minnesota is a 16 1/2 point favorite with a 40 O/U,which means the Bills can't score more than 11 points for the under number to happen.The Bills aren't THAT bad.Take the over.

I should add for the Vikings to cover and the under to happen ,Buffalo can only score 11 points or less.

barahona44
09-23-2018, 11:43 PM

Patriots -7 over Lions.When Bill Bellichik gets bitch slapped, there are immediate consequences.Especially for the following week's opponent.

Cardinals +6 over the Bears.Bears are better than last year but they also played 2 gruelling games in a row.They should win but Arizona could get some garbage time points at the end to cover.

Every once in a while the Patriots get dominated.But after tonight's manhandling by the Lions,of all teams, and the fact that's it's happened in back to back games-definitely a first in the Brady-Bellichik era- begs the question:is this the end of the Patriot era?Their only victory was a rather listless win over a mediocre Texans team, and tonight they couldn't move the ball whereas Detroit, a notoriously bad running team, was picking up 6,7 and 8 yard runs by the bushel.Next week's game against Miami at home will be a big one,since the Dolphins are 3-0 and a Patriot loss would put them 3 games behind.

Buffalo going on the road and crushing the Vikings is so far the upset of the year.Didn't see that coming and didn't get the over.And Arizona lost but at least they covered.

CheckMark
09-24-2018, 07:24 AM
I was banging my head off the table last night because I seriously had the upset teams (giants, lions) but I switched them out. I bought a magazine called Fantasy football pro football (Football diehards) and that’s where I use my picks every week. So far this year using it I have gone 28-17!

Inner Dirt
09-24-2018, 08:22 AM
Saints +3
Giants +6.5
Redskins +3
Seahawks -1
Tampa Bay +1.5

Hope you have that on a 5 game parlay ticket. What do they pay 20-1?

Marshall Bennett
09-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Hope you have that on a 5 game parlay ticket. What do they pay 20-1?
Naa...just playing for fun here. I quit gambling on football a few years ago. Just an occasional bet here and there. Looks like I'm the only one playing anymore here. :confused:

barahona44
09-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Thursday Night Football is here again with the Minnesota Vikings travelling to the West Coast to face the LA Rams.As I write this the line is the Rams by 7 with an O/U of 49 1/2.The Rams have been the best team in the NFL this year;second in scoring offense,first in scoring defense.That is a gold plated recipe for success.

I am taking the Rams to win and the over.The Vikings are going through 2 time zones and 1700 miles to play on a short week.Normally I would look for a bounceback by Minnesota and giving a touchdown to a Super Bowl contender is not something you see every day but the Rams are rolling;the only caveat is that the Rams have pretty much had it easy so far this year.I don't know how they would react if challenged early.

YTD (2-4, 1-2 Win, 1-2 O/U)

CheckMark
09-27-2018, 01:20 PM
I might post more selections for sunday but for now here is my TNF Pick!

Week 4: Minnesota @ Los Angeles Rams

Pick: Rams by -7
__________________________________________________ ___________
Thursday Night Games Record: 2-1 / 66%
Total Season Record: 29-17/ 63%

Inner Dirt
09-27-2018, 01:44 PM
Going Minnesota +6 1/2 with a friend, this is a double or nothing bet from the weekend, so I am playing with house money. I figure with the Rams missing their starting corners and Kirk Cousins getting more familiar with his receivers it will be an old fashion shoot out with the Vikings at least covering.

barahona44
09-28-2018, 01:40 AM
Thursday Night Football is here again with the Minnesota Vikings travelling to the West Coast to face the LA Rams.As I write this the line is the Rams by 7 with an O/U of 49 1/2.The Rams have been the best team in the NFL this year;second in scoring offense,first in scoring defense.That is a gold plated recipe for success.

I am taking the Rams to win and the over.The Vikings are going through 2 time zones and 1700 miles to play on a short week.Normally I would look for a bounceback by Minnesota and giving a touchdown to a Super Bowl contender is not something you see every day but the Rams are rolling;the only caveat is that the Rams have pretty much had it easy so far this year.I don't know how they would react if challenged early.

YTD (2-4, 1-2 Win, 1-2 O/U)

Thanks to a botched late field goal by the Rams,tonights game turned into a push.Still impressive performance by LA;they looked like they could score anytime they wanted to.The O/U was almost passed by the end of the first half.

YTD (3-4-1; Win 1-2-1, O/U. 2-2)

CheckMark
09-28-2018, 01:34 PM
I might post more selections for sunday but for now here is my TNF Pick!

Week 4: Minnesota @ Los Angeles Rams

Pick: Rams by -7
Thursday Night Games Record: 2-1 / 66%
Total Season Record: 29-17/ 63%

Bang on for my spread!

Thursday night game record 3-1 75%
Total Season Record 30-17 63.8%

headhawg
09-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Bang on for my spread!

Thursday night game record 3-1 75%
Total Season Record 30-17 63.8%Um...I hate to break it to ya but -7 is a push not a win.

Marshall Bennett
09-28-2018, 03:03 PM
Saints +3
Giants +6.5
Redskins +3
Seahawks -1
Tampa Bay +1.5

Last week 4-1 Year 9-3
This week:
Colts (even)
Tampa Bay +3
Titans +3.5
Cardinals +3.5

HHE10
09-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Um...I hate to break it to ya but -7 is a push not a win.

Whoops yea forgot about that :bang:

barahona44
09-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Three casual picks for Sunday, casual meaning a quick impression no real in depth study.In other words, dumb $$$. :D

Atlanta -4 over Cincinnati, Falcons offense finally got untracked last week despite the loss.

New England -6 1/2 over Miami.Bellichik & Brady getting their butts whupped three weeks in a row?Nope

Jacksonville- NY Jets O/U 38 1/2.Take the under.Leonard Fournette returns.A ball control offense and if the Jags shut down Sam Darnold , this should be a low scoring affair.

Casual picks YTD. 3-5.Like I said earlier, dumb money.

proximity
09-30-2018, 05:24 PM
reich looks like a pretty good coach (x's and o's) but should almost be fired for gifting Houston that win. you can lose a locker room like that. :faint:

thaskalos
09-30-2018, 06:02 PM
reich looks like a pretty good coach (x's and o's) but should almost be fired for gifting Houston that win. you can lose a locker room like that. :faint:

Forget about losing the locker room...he already lost my MONEY! I had Indy +1...and, with no Houston timeouts left, I thought it was a sure win. Terrible call there...IMO.

PhantomOnTour
09-30-2018, 07:41 PM
I don't even recognize the game anymore.
The league MVP in my mind, beyond ANY shadow of a doubt, is Khalil Mack!
Seems like he's the lone true D player in a league full of offense

barahona44
10-01-2018, 09:27 AM
My nominee for NFL rectum opening (as my dad used to say)of the year is Jacksonville coach Doug Marrone.The Jaguars were up 13 points with 25 seconds to go and the ball on the Jets 1.They take a knee and the game's over.Instead Marrone calls a timeout and runs a regular play which results in a TD.Then to pour salt in the wounds, Jacksonville goes for a 2 point conversion (they failed).

Most unforgivable sin? I had the under.Well that fell by the wayside. :mad:

Well I got the Patriots over the Dolphins, in spades.Had the Falcons over the Bengals but Cincinnati got the winning TD with 5 seconds to go and win by a point.

PhantomOnTour
10-01-2018, 01:20 PM
The Steelers rushed for a total of 19yds last night.
Nine....teen !!!!!

Marshall Bennett
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Colts (even)
Tampa Bay +3
Titans +3.5
Cardinals +3.5
2-2
Year : 12-5

barahona44
10-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Thursday night football is back as we go into the second quarter of the season.Trends and tendencies are coming into view which makes for a more rational betting environment.Tonight's game is the Indianapolis Colts traveling to Foxboro to take on the NE Patriots.The lines as I write this are New England by 10 with an O/U of 50 1/2.My question is why only 10 points? The Colts are not a good team, they are on the road, their best receiver T.Y. Hilton is out and they played deep into overtime on Sunday in a grueling loss to Houston.None of these factors bode well for Indy.One positive is that Andrew Luck has shaken off the rust and is starting to be the Luck of old.Unfortunately for the Colts, the Patriots came out of their September hibernation last week walloping Miami.The Patriots will often play back to back quality wins.Thus I see an easy Patriot victory.The question is the o/u.I think Luck will get enough garbage time points to push the number into over territory.And even with a 4 TD lead on Sunday, Tom Brady was still in the game late in the 4th quarter,not coming out until the last series.Bellichik likes to keep the gas pedal all the way down, regardless of the score.

YTD 3-4-1 (1-2-1 Win , 2-2 O/U)

barahona44
10-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Patriots (-10) win 38-24. and I get the win and the over.(50.5)

YTD. 5-4-1 (2-2-1 Win ,3-2 O/U)

proximity
10-05-2018, 08:40 AM
My question is why only 10 points? The Colts are not a good team, they are on the road, their best receiver T.Y. Hilton is out and they played deep into overtime on Sunday in a grueling loss to Houston.None of these factors bode well for Indy

darius leonard was a MAJOR injury for the colts.

he was listed as questionable and ended up not playing unfortunately.

CheckMark
10-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Picks and My spread for this Thanksgiving weekend! I'm Canadian so yea!

Game Pick My Spread
IND@NE NE -10 CORRECT PICK AND SPREAD-forgot to post this =(
TEN@BUF TEN -5.5
NYG@ CAR CAR -6.5
MIA@CIN CIN -6.0
BAL@CLE BAL -3.0
GB@ DET GB +1.0
JAC@ KC KC -3.0
DEN@ NYJ DEN +1.0
ATL@ PIT PIT -3.0
OAK@ LAC LAC -5.0
MIN@PHI PHI -3.0
ARZ@ SF SF -4.0
LAR@SEA SEA +7.5
DAL@HOU HOU PK

WAS@NO NO -6.0

Survivor: Ravens over Browns YTD: 3-1 (NFL.com gives your 3 lives)

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Game Pick My Spread
IND@NE NE -10 CORRECT PICK AND SPREAD-forgot to post this =(

Oh yeah darned...me too!! :p

barahona44
10-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Day to our Canadian freinds , eh. :ThmbUp:

3 casual picks for Sunday (the casuals are 4-7 so far :bang:)

Giants (+6) over Carolina
Tennessee (-5 1/2) over Buffalo
Arizona (+4) over San Francisco

Marshall Bennett
10-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Chiefs -3
Falcons +3.5
Lions (even)
Vikings +3.5

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Chiefs -3
Falcons +3.5
Lions (even)
Vikings +3.5
3-1
Year : 15-6

barahona44
10-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Day to our Canadian freinds , eh. :ThmbUp:

3 casual picks for Sunday (the casuals are 4-7 so far :bang:)

Giants (+6) over Carolina YES
Tennessee (-5 1/2) over Buffalo NO
Arizona (+4) over San Francisco YES

6-8 YTD

CheckMark
10-10-2018, 03:09 PM
This weeks nfl picks and my spreads

Phi@nyg: phi -3
Tb@atl: atl -3.5
Pit@cin: cin -2.5
Lac@cle: lac -1
Buf@hou: hou -9.5
Chi@mia: chi -3
Arz@min: min -10.5
Ind@nyj: nyj -2.5
Sea@oak: sea -3
Car@was: car +1
Lar@den: lar -7
Jac@dal: jac PK
Bal@ten: bal -3
Kc@ne: kc +3.5
Sf@gb: gb -9.5

Best of luck all!

barahona44
10-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Thursday Night Football for Week 6 is here and tonight the Philadelphia Eagles jump on a bus and take the 90 minute trip on I-95 to face my beloved New York Giants. The number is the Eagles by 2 with an Over/Under of 44.I am objective when it comes to blowing the cobwebs off my wallet but I will still take the Giants.I have a feeling the Eagles are one of those Super Bowl teams that have the magical one year than go back to the rest of the pack the next year.The Giants opened up their offense last week and almost beat the Panthers, losing on the second longest field goal in NFL history (64 yards):mad:.I will also take the over as there's enough offense on both teams to hit that number.

YTD. 5-4-1 (2-2-1 Win, 3-2 O/U)

Secondbest
10-11-2018, 11:33 PM
That's it .The 2018 season is over for New York Football Giants.All the preseason hype was just that hype.You can't win with a Quarterback who's a statue in the pocket. It's 2018 you need someone who can move around.
The former GM Jerry Reese ruined this team with some of the worst drafts in history. Looking at all the good young QBs in the conference it's going to be a tough road back.

barahona44
10-12-2018, 12:04 AM
That's it .The 2018 season is over for New York Football Giants.All the preseason hype was just that hype.You can't win with a Quarterback who's a statue in the pocket. It's 2018 you need someone who can move around.
The former GM Jerry Reese ruined this team with some of the worst drafts in history. Looking at all the good young QBs in the conference it's going to be a tough road back.

You can say that again!
They should go in full tank mode and get the # 1 pick overall for a new QB.
But Saquon Barkley...if you never saw Barry Sanders play, here's your chance.Except I think Barkley's better.A generational talent.I just pray he doesn't get hurt.

At least I got the over tonight. YTD 6-5-1(2-3-1 Win, 4-2 O/U)

CheckMark
10-12-2018, 07:43 AM

Phi@nyg: phi -3

Got the correct pick and spread! Let’s keep it rolling :popcorn:

barahona44
10-14-2018, 10:31 AM
With the season in full swing,I can see some short term trends devolping .Gotta increase my Sunday casuals (6-8 YTD)

Miami (+6) over Chicago.The Bears have improved and Khalil Mack is a serious MVP candidate.But they're not elite and are due for a mediocre outing.Miami is a better team than they've played the last 2 weeks and are due to improve.My football betting strategy in a nutshell.

Atlanta(-3) over Tampa Bay Atlanta can't defend but neither can the Bucs.Difference is that Atlanta's offense is better.Falcons HUGE disappointment this year.Talent may go away but it doesn't disappear.

LA Chargers (+1) over Cleveland.Love the Browns revival;that's one of the best fan bases in football and they deserve a winner.The Browns could be something in a year or two but they are still very young and prone to up-and-down games.

Secondbest
10-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Tannehill out for Miami. Brock Oswieller at QB

CheckMark
10-14-2018, 03:23 PM
One of my selections should read cle over lac but there losing :pout:
Just realized it now

barahona44
10-14-2018, 09:57 PM
With the season in full swing,I can see some short term trends devolping .Gotta increase my Sunday casuals (6-8 YTD)

Miami (+6) over Chicago.The Bears have improved and Khalil Mack is a serious MVP candidate.But they're not elite and are due for a mediocre outing.Miami is a better team than they've played the last 2 weeks and are due to improve.My football betting strategy in a nutshell.

Atlanta(-3) over Tampa Bay Atlanta can't defend but neither can the Bucs.Difference is that Atlanta's offense is better.Falcons HUGE disappointment this year.Talent may go away but it doesn't disappear.

LA Chargers (+1) over Cleveland.Love the Browns revival;that's one of the best fan bases in football and they deserve a winner.The Browns could be something in a year or two but they are still very young and prone to up-and-down games.

Went 3-0 today so I'm finally on the plus side with Sunday picks(9-8).Since I'm in Florida, the Dolphins are the regional TV game and I have to say the Bears- Dolphins overtime game was by far the best game I've seen this year.Plenty of big plays, lead changes, drama and even redemption.Dolphins RB Kenyon Drake fumbled on the one foot line with what would have been the game winning TD in OT.When Chicago missed a field goal,Drake redeemed himself ,with first a nice run then a long gain on a pass out of the backfield that set up the game winning FG for the Dolphins.And best of all Miami covered!

CheckMark
10-15-2018, 07:32 AM

Phi@nyg: phi -3 correct pick and spread
Tb@atl: atl -3.5 correct pick and spread
Pit@cin: cin -2.5 incorrect pick correct spread
Lac@cle: cle -1 incorrect pick correct spread
Buf@hou: hou -9.5 correct pick incorrect spread
Chi@mia: mia -3 correct pick and push
Arz@min: min -10.5 correct pick and push
Ind@nyj: nyj -2.5 correct pick and spread
Sea@oak: sea -3 correct pick and spread
Car@was: car +1 incorrect pick correct spread
Lar@den: lar -7 correct pick and incorrect spread
Jac@dal: jac PK incorrect pick
Bal@ten: bal -3 correct pick and spread
Kc@ne: kc +3.5 incorrect pick and push is
Sf@gb: gb -9.5

Best of luck all!

Corrected my selections since they were wrong. The link is here to see my actual selections if you wanted to see (but there corrected above too now.

http://www.nflpickspage.com/player.php?userno=54109&view=su

Secondbest
10-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Tannehill out for Miami. Brock Oswieller at QB

28-44 380 yds 3 TDS 2 ints. Not bad.

CheckMark
10-15-2018, 10:13 AM
NFL WEEK 7 PICKS AND MY SPREAD
Doing picks, spreads early so I don't miss it!

den@arz den PK
ten@ lac lac by 6
ne@chi ne by 7
buf@ind ind by 1
hou@jac jac by 4
det@mia det by 4
min@nyj min by 7
car@phi phi by 5
cle@tb tb by 3
no@bal bal by 1
dal@was dal by 18
lar@sf lar by A LOT
cin@kc cin by 6
nyg@atl atl by 14

Bye weeks: Packers, Raiders, Seahawks, steelers

barahona44
10-15-2018, 10:14 AM
28-44 380 yds 3 TDS 2 ints. Not bad.

I think Osweiler is going to be the next Ryan Fitzpatrick; a guy who will play for many teams in his career either starting for a bad team in transition or a backup for a good team as he is capable of doing a good job in a limited basis until his flaws show through.You can make a nice living wearing the baseball cap and holding the clipboard.

CheckMark
10-16-2018, 01:08 PM
UPDATED GAMES>MY PICKS> MY SPREAD & OVER/UNDER TOTAL

DEN@ARZ DEN by 2.5/ 41
TEN@LAC LAC by 6.5/ 45
NE@CHI NE by 3/ 49
BUF@IND IND by 7.5/ 43
HOU@JAC JAC by 4.5/ 42
CIN@KC KC by 6/ 58
CLE@TB TB by 3/ 49
DET@MIA MIA by 1 (no opening odds)
MIN@NYJ MIN by 3/ 47
CAR@PHI PHI by 4.5/ 45
LAR@SF LAR by 11/ 53
DAL@WAS WAS by 1.5/ 41
NYG@ATL ATL by 5.5/ 54 (BEST)

Good luck all! :jump:

barahona44
10-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Thursday Night Football is here and the Denver Broncos are going to the desert to play the Arizona Cardinals.The NFL rule that every team must play at least one Thursday game means that you will get the occasional crap game and this is a strong candidate to be the crappiest one this year.The line as I write this is Denver by a point with the over/under at 42 1/2. I am going with Denver and the under.A couple of stats worth mentioning.Arizona has the fewest rushing yards through the first 6 games of the season in the Super Bowl Era (1966-on) and the Broncos have not had back to back losing seasons since 1971 and 1972 (when I was still in high school!),which is an NFL record. Denver's in desperation mode and the Cardinals are in rebuilding mode.Desparate trumps rebuilding every time. Should be a low scoring affair.

YTD 6-5-1 (2-3-1 Win. 4-2 O/U)

barahona44
10-18-2018, 11:31 PM
Thursday Night Football is here and the Denver Broncos are going to the desert to play the Arizona Cardinals.The NFL rule that every team must play at least one Thursday game means that you will get the occasional crap game and this is a strong candidate to be the crappiest one this year.The line as I write this is Denver by a point with the over/under at 42 1/2. I am going with Denver and the under.A couple of stats worth mentioning.Arizona has the fewest rushing yards through the first 6 games of the season in the Super Bowl Era (1966-on) and the Broncos have not had back to back losing seasons since 1971 and 1972 (when I was still in high school!),which is an NFL record. Denver's in desperation mode and the Cardinals are in rebuilding mode.Desparate trumps rebuilding every time. Should be a low scoring affair.

YTD 6-5-1 (2-3-1 Win. 4-2 O/U)

Horrible game by the Cardinals tonight.Got the win ,lost the under. Two pick-sixes just about guarantees the over will happen.

YTD. 7-6-1. (3-3-1 Win. 4-3 O/U)

barahona44
10-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Sunday picks (YTD 9-8)

Jaguars (-3 1/2 ) over Texans. Jax defense is too good not to rebound after Dallas disaster.

Panthers (+5) over Eagles.Panthers go up a little from last week;Eagles should falter a bit.

Vikings (-3 1/2) over Jets. Gang Green is putting things together but too young to be. consistent.Sam Darnold is starting to look like a legitimate franchise QB.

Secondbest
10-21-2018, 01:21 PM
Sunday picks (YTD 9-8)

Jaguars (-3 1/2 ) over Texans. Jax defense is too good not to rebound after Dallas disaster.

Panthers (+5) over Eagles.Panthers go up a little from last week;Eagles should falter a bit.

Vikings (-3 1/2) over Jets. Gang Green is putting things together but too young to be. consistent.Sam Darnold is starting to look like a legitimate franchise QB.

Don't know about the game but the Jets are in the early running for the " ugliest uniform of the day" award.

Tom
10-21-2018, 05:06 PM
They look like a box of Crayola Crayons.

barahona44
10-21-2018, 11:36 PM
Sunday picks (YTD 9-8)

Panthers and Vikings covered, the Jaguars didn't. Sunday YTD 11-9.

CheckMark
10-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Only doing my top plays instead of every game. Including my spread and total.

NFL WEEK 8

TNF 10/25/18
Texans over Dolphins (-7 and 44)

Sunday Football 10/28/18
Chiefs over Broncos (-10 and 53)
Steelers over Browns (-8 and 49) BEST BET :cool:
Bears over NY Jets (-7 and 45)
Rams over Packers (-9 and 56)

MNF 10/29/18
Patriots over Bills (-14 and 45)

barahona44
10-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Thursday Night Football for Week 8 has the Miami Dolphins traveling to Houston to clash with the Texans.The lines are Houston by 7 1/2 with an over/under of 44 1/2.Houston is trending upward, the Fins are trending downward.I'm just not sure the Texans ,who have won 4 in a row,are a 5 in a row type, especially since Miami is a fringe playoff candidate.One aspect of the game being built up is a "revenge" factor as the Texans signed current Dolphins QB Brock Osweiler who was given a big contract by Houston as a free agent,then had almost immediate buyers remorse.Then the next year, the Texans gave the Browns a second round draft choice to take Osweiler's contract off their hands.Not sure that will be a real factor.Both teams feature a good pass rush,so scoring could be low.I will take Miami to cover that number,although Houston should win.I'll also take the under,although I think I'm 0-3 on the under so far. You know what they say about the broken clock! :)

YTD 7-6-1 ( Win, 3-3-1,O/U 4-3)

barahona44
10-26-2018, 03:47 PM
Thursday Night Football for Week 8 has the Miami Dolphins traveling to Houston to clash with the Texans.The lines are Houston by 7 1/2 with an over/under of 44 1/2.Houston is trending upward, the Fins are trending downward.I'm just not sure the Texans ,who have won 4 in a row,are a 5 in a row type, especially since Miami is a fringe playoff candidate.One aspect of the game being built up is a "revenge" factor as the Texans signed current Dolphins QB Brock Osweiler who was given a big contract by Houston as a free agent,then had almost immediate buyers remorse.Then the next year, the Texans gave the Browns a second round draft choice to take Osweiler's contract off their hands.Not sure that will be a real factor.Both teams feature a good pass rush,so scoring could be low.I will take Miami to cover that number,although Houston should win.I'll also take the under,although I think I'm 0-3 on the under so far. You know what they say about the broken clock! :)

YTD 7-6-1 ( Win, 3-3-1,O/U 4-3)

Nope and nope

YTD 7-8-1(3-4-1 Win 4-4 O/U 4-4)

CheckMark
10-26-2018, 03:55 PM

NFL WEEK 8

TNF 10/25/18
Texans over Dolphins (-7 and 44) Texans Win 42-23

Sunday Football 10/28/18
Chiefs over Broncos (-10 and 53)
Steelers over Browns (-8 and 49) BEST BET :cool:
Bears over NY Jets (-7 and 45)
Rams over Packers (-9 and 56)

MNF 10/29/18

Last nights game (spread was 19 and total points was 65
So at least I got the spread right. Not the total

barahona44
10-28-2018, 11:11 AM
For Sunday

Rams (-8) vs. Packers
Jets (+ 9 1/2) at Bears
Seahawks (+3) at Lions

Sunday YTD. 11-9-0

Not part of my predictions, but Buffalo on MNF vs. the Patriots is the first double digit home dog this season(Pats favored by 14).Tempting but the Bills are a mess.

Secondbest
10-28-2018, 12:03 PM
MNF. Looks like a 31-14 Pat's win

barahona44
10-28-2018, 11:23 PM
For Sunday

Rams (-8) vs. Packers
Jets (+ 9 1/2) at Bears
Seahawks (+3) at Lions

Sunday YTD. 11-9-0

Not part of my predictions, but Buffalo on MNF vs. the Patriots is the first double digit home dog this season(Pats favored by 14).Tempting but the Bills are a mess.

Seahawks cover,Jets and Rams don't.

Sunday YTD. 12-11-0

CheckMark
10-29-2018, 10:14 AM

NFL WEEK 8

TNF 10/25/18
Texans over Dolphins (-7 and 44)

Sunday Football 10/28/18
Chiefs over Broncos (-10 and 53) :ThmbDown:spread, :ThmbUp:total
Steelers over Browns (-8 and 49) BEST BET :cool: :ThmbUp:spread and total
Bears over NY Jets (-7 and 45) :ThmbUp:spread, :ThmbDown:total
Rams over Packers (-9 and 56) :ThmbDown:spread, :ThmbUp:BANG ON TOTAL

MNF 10/29/18

So far so good this week!

Tom
10-29-2018, 09:38 PM
They may not be winning many games, but you have to give the Bills credit for having the holiday spirit.

Tonight, the entire team all dressed up as football players!:headbanger:

horses4courses
10-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Wow.....Marv Levy.....93 years old.
I bet he could still coach, too.

Nice to see Thurman Thomas getting his jersey retired.
He's a big player in the local community.
One of the best things about small market franchises. :ThmbUp:

barahona44
10-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Browns head coach Hue "3-36-1" Jackson was the first NFL coach fired this year.Interesting that first year OC Todd Haley was also let go at the same time as it's rare a coordinator gets the heave-ho mid season, especially a first year guy.Those two had a power struggle and they both lost.

Cleveland has a lot of good young talent, mucho cap space, extra draft picks and most importantly, a potential franchise QB.That's going to be an attractive head coaching job next year.

CheckMark
10-30-2018, 03:56 PM
So far so good this week!
MNF RESULTS ME

:ThmbUp:spread :ThmbDown:total

Did well and hopefully my plays can do the same next week! :cool:

Marshall Bennett
11-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Bills +10
Texans +1.5
Chargers +2
Titans +6.5

barahona44
11-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Thursday Night Football rears its ugly head again and I do mean ugly as Oakland Raiders have a "road" game against the San Francisco 49ers.The Raiders are 1-6 and the 49ers are at 1-7.That's a 2-13 combined record for the arithmetically challenged.And they are also the two worst teams in the leauge against the spread(4-11 combined)Bookies should drop the vig if their customers bet on this game.You've heard of the Super Bowl?This is the Pooper Bowl.:).Hey folks, don't forget to tip your waitress.

The line as I write this is SF by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 45.I'll take the Raiders and the under.Oakland is a better team.Jon Gruden's tenure has been a big disappointment so far;I thought giving him Bellichik type money without the Bellichik resume was a huge mistake.Still this team has put points on the board but they traded away Amari Cooper this week and Marshawn Lynch is on injured reserve .For the 49ers,there's a good chance the 49ers may have to start someone named Nate Mullens at QB tonight.I never heard of him either.That's why I'm going with the under.

YTD 7-8-1 (Win 3-4-1, 4-4 O/U)

Marshall Bennett
11-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Bay area bullshit warmed over. I'll pass and likely won't watch either.
Should be blacked out everywhere but California. :)

barahona44
11-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Thursday Night Football rears its ugly head again and I do mean ugly as Oakland Raiders have a "road" game against the San Francisco 49ers.The Raiders are 1-6 and the 49ers are at 1-7.That's a 2-13 combined record for the arithmetically challenged.And they are also the two worst teams in the leauge against the spread(4-11 combined)Bookies should drop the vig if their customers bet on this game.You've heard of the Super Bowl?This is the Pooper Bowl.:).Hey folks, don't forget to tip your waitress.

The line as I write this is SF by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 45.I'll take the Raiders and the under.Oakland is a better team.Jon Gruden's tenure has been a big disappointment so far;I thought giving him Bellichik type money without the Bellichik resume was a huge mistake.Still this team has put points on the board but they traded away Amari Cooper this week and Marshawn Lynch is on injured reserve .For the 49ers,there's a good chance the 49ers may have to start someone named Nate Mullens at QB tonight.I never heard of him either.That's why I'm going with the under.

YTD 7-8-1 (Win 3-4-1, 4-4 O/U)

The 49ers were supposed to be a dark horse playoff team this year but have been crapping the bed all year.So NOW they decide to play well.:mad:Well at least I got the under.Last year I went 19-9-2 on Thursday;now I've already matched the 9 losses (a 2nd :mad:).Have to be impressed with 49er rookie QB Nick(not Nate) Mullens who had never taken a regular season snap before and had one of the best debuts in NFL history(151.8 passer rating).It helps to play the Raiders;Chucky's return to Oakland has been a 4 alarm disaster.There has to be major buyer remorse in Raider Nation..

YTD. 8-9-1 (Win 3-5-1, O/U 5-4)

CheckMark
11-02-2018, 09:16 AM
NFL WEEK 9 BEST PLAYS, MY SPREADS AND TOTALS

49ers over Raiders -3/30 :ThmbUp:Spread, :ThmbDown:Total(I think)
Redskins over Falcons -1.5/48
Vikings over Lions -5/49
Chiefs over Browns -8.5/51
Dolphins over Jets -3/44

MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40

:popcorn:

barahona44
11-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Week 9 Sunday
Saints(+1 1/2) vs. Rams.Rams on the road have a great offense but defense has been giving up a lot of points.Saints can score in bunches too; home dog too tempting to pass up.

Patriots (-5 1/2) vs. Packers.Rodgers, IMHO, is the most talented QB I've ever seen but he's a one man band.Disappointing loss to the Rams AND a cross country trip don't bode well for the Cheeseheads.Line started at -7 for the Pats.It always amazes me how much the hatred for New England causes bettors to go against them every week.Betting with your heart can be negative too.

Texans (+1) at Broncos Denver traded their best receiver Demarious Thomas to Houston last week, signaling they're giving up.Case Keenum has regressed to the journeyman he's always been; Deshaun Watson coming back nicely from his injury.

YTD 12-11

CheckMark
11-04-2018, 04:37 PM
NFL WEEK 9 BEST PLAYS, MY SPREADS AND TOTALS

49ers over Raiders -3/30 :ThmbUp:Spread, :ThmbDown:Total(I think)
Redskins over Falcons -1.5/48 :ThmbDown: Pick for spread and :ThmbUp: Total
Vikings over Lions -5/49 :ThmbUp: Spread and :ThmbDown: total
Chiefs over Browns -8.5/51 :ThmbUp: Spread and total
Dolphins over Jets -3/44 :ThmbUp: Spread and :ThmbDown: total(was 19) :pound:

MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40

:popcorn:

UPDATED

barahona44
11-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Week 9 Sunday
Saints(+1 1/2) vs. Rams.Rams on the road have a great offense but defense has been giving up a lot of points.Saints can score in bunches too; home dog too tempting to pass up.

Patriots (-5 1/2) vs. Packers.Rodgers, IMHO, is the most talented QB I've ever seen but he's a one man band.Disappointing loss to the Rams AND a cross country trip don't bode well for the Cheeseheads.Line started at -7 for the Pats.It always amazes me how much the hatred for New England causes bettors to go against them every week.Betting with your heart can be negative too.

Texans (+1) at Broncos Denver traded their best receiver Demarious Thomas to Houston last week, signaling they're giving up.Case Keenum has regressed to the journeyman he's always been; Deshaun Watson coming back nicely from his injury.

YTD 12-11

3-0 yesterday.Yay me. :)

YTD. 15-11

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Bills +10
Texans +1.5
Chargers +2
Titans +6.5

Bills +10
Texans +1.5
Chargers +2
Titans +6.5

Year : 15-6

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Panthers +4
Falcons -4
Lions +6.5

CheckMark
11-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Week 10 BEST BETS PICK/MY SPREAD (no totals since I suck at that)

ATL over CLE/ -5
TB over WAS/ -3
SF over NYG/ -3

Not sure what my record is since I started doing this but...

CheckMark
11-08-2018, 01:32 PM
MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40 :ThmbUp: Spread and Total

barahona44
11-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Tonight's Thursday Night game is definiely the best match up so far this season with the Carolina Panthers traveling to the Steel City to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers.The number as I write this is Pittsburgh as a 3 1/2 point favorite ,down from an opening 7.The over/under is 51.This should be a close game and I will take the over and the Steelers.The Panthers have been flying under the radar this year.Cam Newton is doing more by doing less.Christian McCaffrey has rebounded from a blah rookie year to become one of the top dual threat RB's in the game.But the Steelers-my preseason pick to get to the Super Bowl- have a lot of weapons.James Conner-a cancer survivor no less-has made Pittsburgh say "Leveon who"?And of course Big Ben is still Big Ben.Leveon Bell, btw, has to report to the Steelers by Tuesday or he can't be a free agent next year.Should be interesting.

barahona44
11-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Tonight's Thursday Night game is definiely the best match up so far this season with the Carolina Panthers traveling to the Steel City to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers.The number as I write this is Pittsburgh as a 3 1/2 point favorite ,down from an opening 7.The over/under is 51.This should be a close game and I will take the over and the Steelers.The Panthers have been flying under the radar this year.Cam Newton is doing more by doing less.Christian McCaffrey has rebounded from a blah rookie year to become one of the top dual threat RB's in the game.But the Steelers-my preseason pick to get to the Super Bowl- have a lot of weapons.James Conner-a cancer survivor no less-has made Pittsburgh say "Leveon who"?And of course Big Ben is still Big Ben.Leveon Bell, btw, has to report to the Steelers by Tuesday or he can't be a free agent next year.Should be interesting.

Thorough domination by Pittsburgh tonight. the game was over pretty early. Cam looked shell shocked.The Panthers are a good, balanced team but not tonight. Got the win and the over. :ThmbUp:

YTD 10-9-1 (Win 4-5-1, O/U 6-4)

MutuelClerk
11-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Haven't lost a game this season.

Haven't bet a game this season.

I'm betting the Bengals on the moneyline Sunday.

barahona44
11-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Doing a million things around the casa today forgot to put my predictions down and the 1:00 games have already started.:mad: And I really liked the Saints,Falcons and Jaguars today. :( The late games it is.

Miami (+10 1/2) over the Packers. Lotta points,even at home.

Chargers (-10) over the Raiders. The soap opera that is Chucky continues. Just tank, baby!

Eagles (-7 1/2) over the Cowboys. How long is America'sTeam going to remain America's
Team if they keep losing.

YTD on Sunday 15-11

Marshall Bennett
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM
This week : 0-3
Year : 15-9

barahona44
11-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Doing a million things around the casa today forgot to put my predictions down and the 1:00 games have already started.:mad: And I really liked the Saints,Falcons and Jaguars today. :( The late games it is.

Miami (+10 1/2) over the Packers. Lotta points,even at home.

Chargers (-10) over the Raiders. The soap opera that is Chucky continues. Just tank, baby!

Eagles (-7 1/2) over the Cowboys. How long is America'sTeam going to remain America's
Team if they keep losing.

YTD on Sunday 15-11

1-2 today,Chargers covered. others didn't. YTD 16-13

barahona44
11-14-2018, 01:12 AM
Rams Chiefs Monday Night football game will not be played in Mexico City due to the atrocious condition of the field.Game will be played in Los Angeles instead, as the Rams were the home team.A lot of Chiefs fans are SOL.

https://www.fox4kc.com/2018/11/13/chiefs-fans-left-with-trips-booked-to-mexico-city-and-little-hope-of-securing-la-tickets/

Valuist
11-15-2018, 03:02 PM
This whole Mexico City field fiasco just shows the incompetence of those running the NFL. You are the biggest league in the Western world; you have all the leverage. In your (misguided) view to expand to a different country, you fail to realize that you hold all the leverage. If Azteca Stadium wants to host an NFL game, then NO EVENTS OF ANY KIND for a full month before the event! The Shakira concert was actually on October 11, but subsequent soccer games left the field unplayable. If those in power at Azteca don't like it, then you find another venue.

barahona44
11-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Thursday Night Football pits two teams with their backs against the playoff wall.The Green Bay Packers travel to the west coast (again) to face the Seattle Seahawks.The line as I write this is the Seahawks by 3 with a 49 1/2 over/under.I will take the Seahawks and the over.Just feel the 12th man that is the Seattle fans will make it difficult for the Packers, who have been racking up the frequent flyer miles the past few weeks.Seattle may need this more than the Packers; Green Bay still has a shot at the NFC North title whereas Seattle will have to almost run the table to be a wild card team.

YTD. 10-9-1( Win 4-5-1, O/U 6-4)

barahona44
11-15-2018, 11:22 PM
Thursday Night Football pits two teams with their backs against the playoff wall.The Green Bay Packers travel to the west coast (again) to face the Seattle Seahawks.The line as I write this is the Seahawks by 3 with a 49 1/2 over/under.I will take the Seahawks and the over.Just feel the 12th man that is the Seattle fans will make it difficult for the Packers, who have been racking up the frequent flyer miles the past few weeks.Seattle may need this more than the Packers; Green Bay still has a shot at the NFC North title whereas Seattle will have to almost run the table to be a wild card team.

YTD. 10-9-1( Win 4-5-1, O/U 6-4)

Got the over but Seattle's 3 point victory made the win a push.

YTD. 11-9-2 (Win 4-5-2. O/U 7-4)

Marshall Bennett
11-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Titans +2
Tampa Bay +1.5
Chiefs +3.5

Year : 15-9

horses4courses
11-20-2018, 12:00 AM
That was quite a football game tonight :ThmbUp:

(Found my way out of the NHL thread - time for new glasses)

headhawg
11-20-2018, 07:35 AM
That was quite a football game tonight :ThmbUp:
Only if you like the Arena Football League or Madden '19 on the easiest level. :rolleyes:

timtam
11-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Chuck Bednarik, Dick Butkus, 85 Bears, must be either scratching their heads

or spinning in their collective graves. What happened to the "D". It actually

reminded me of the old AFL when Frank Turpuka and George Blanda battled it

out on a rainy, soggy field in Denver. Lionel Taylor was catching passes all over

the muddy surface and not to mention the Los Angeles Chargers with Keith

Lincoln, Lance Alworth, John Hadl, Jack Kemp and the list goes on and on.

Tom
11-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Since when do the Bears wear Orange???
Looked like Denver. Never had the feeling I was watching a Bears game. Which I watched very little of.

And Monday night- who the hell was playing?
Looked a team of peeled bananas against a team of unpeeled bananas.

What is all the nonsense with uniforms theses days?
They should have an NFL Bowl game - the FRUIT Bowl!:lol:

MutuelClerk
11-21-2018, 09:03 AM
In answer the the last two submissions. This league doesn't want defense. They think offense is all everyone wants to see. Especially when viewing the game on their smart phone. Normally I prefer defense shows up but i must admit the offense talent Monday night was special and i found the game interesting. not interesting enough to watch live. I record watch on DVR and speed thru.

Answering Tom, it's marketing. and yes it sucks. Same thing in college hard to tell who even plays anymore. In college I still dont know what conference a team is in anymore if they changed in the past 20 years. All about the money. The NCAA makes billions and don't pay these kids a penny. Then everyone wonders why high draft choices are sitting out bowl games. I can't blame them. These kids see it's all about the money and finally smarten up and want it for themselves and not the good old team.

Marshall Bennett
11-21-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure its marketing as much as trying to add some glamour to a sport riddled in controversy. It does look ridiculous seeing a team completely change their uniforms and colors as often as some do. College isn't nearly as bad. At least they stay with their traditional team colors.
The Browns for years wore only white with a single orange stripe and orange helmet with white stripe. The Eagles and Redskins never wore solid jerseys whether home or away. Most teams wore solid jerseys at home and white on the road. You could identify teams when you tuned in. Now they look like circus clowns with pads. This isn't what the fans want, this is the work of a few executive minds who's main interest is apparel and not football.

headhawg
11-21-2018, 09:50 AM
This isn't what the fans want, this is the work of a few executive minds who's main interest is money and not football.Fixed

Tom
11-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Yes - it is all about merch sales.
The fans don't matter - shut up and buy your new jerseys.

REAL men do not wear all yellow.
Period!

I remember in the 70, the Rams had the ugliest uniform in the league.
Today, they have the FOUR worst uniforms! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
11-22-2018, 08:56 AM
Lions +3
Seahawks +3.5
Broncos +3.5
Texans -6

Last week : 1-2
Year : 16-11

Buckeye
11-22-2018, 09:33 PM
I'm confused.

Why were the poor field conditions allowed to occur in Mexico? There has to be reason.

Let's suppose the game was played in Mexico City, would that look good for the NFL, considering the invading force and all? Wouldn't it be better to move it to LA, the scene of a wildfire?

Just asking.

Marshall Bennett
11-23-2018, 10:16 AM
The LA coliseum has always had bad field conditions. :lol:

Valuist
11-23-2018, 11:07 AM
I'm confused.

Why were the poor field conditions allowed to occur in Mexico? There has to be reason.

Let's suppose the game was played in Mexico City, would that look good for the NFL, considering the invading force and all? Wouldn't it be better to move it to LA, the scene of a wildfire?

Just asking.

How about greed and incompetence? The NFL was ignorant to not check up on the field until 6 days before the game, and foolish for not telling Azteca Stadium officials that no events could be held there for a month before the game. So the Shakira concert destroys much of the turf on October 11, yet Azteca allowed several soccer games to take place in the interim.

As for the wild fire, the REAL wildfire is 400 miles north of L.A.

pandy
11-26-2018, 07:51 AM
It amazes me how many times you see teams make poor time management decisions in the NFL. Last night I needed the Vikings to win outright to win a money line parlay, and I needed them to cover to win a teaser. I won both bets but they put the game in jeopardy with bad clock management.

With 5:30 left and a ten point lead, they recovered a botched fumble on the Packer's twenty yard line. Easy play calling, you run three times and if you don't get a first down, you kick a field goal. The Packers had already used two time outs. But instead, on second down, Cousins tries throws an incomplete pass, which stops the clock, then he drops back to pass again, but scrambles, and now it's 4th and 2, and instead of kicking an easy field goal to go up 13 points, they throw another incomplete pass and give the ball back to the Packers and the great Aaron Rogers.

The Packers, of course, march down the field quickly and score a field goal, then try an onside kick. If they had recovered the onside kick, they could have tied the game!

If the Vikings had simply run three plays and then kicked a field goal, they have a 13 point lead instead of 10, take another minute and a half off the clock and force the Packers to score two TDs with less than four minutes left in the game. Instead, they gave the Packers more time, and took three easy points off the scoreboard. Sometimes you wonder how coaches that make so much money can make such terrible decisions.

Bogo
11-27-2018, 11:53 PM
This will go against popular thought but here is my take. Doug Pederson had everything go his way last year. Every decision he made turned to gold. Now every coach in the league seems to think always being aggressive is the correct decision. There is a time and place for going for it. Analytics can not put a number on what happens emotionally to teams when a team does or does not convert on 4th down. Put that together with coaches calling plays that are much worse than Pederson and you have some disasters that have happened and will continue to happen. The Tennessee coach giving the ball to a guy that hardly ever runs when he has a powerful back and an elusive option quarterback turned the whole game around on Monday night. Carolina is afraid to go into overtime with Detroit. Why? They have the better team. By the way, I completely agree with you on the Minnesota situation. The list goes on and on.

barahona44
11-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again and this time the New Orleans Saints will travel to Dallas to take on the Cowpokes.Current numbers as I write this are New Orleans favored by 7 1//2 with an over/ under of 51 1/2 .The Saints have been the NFL's version of Sherman's march through Georgia this season.My first thought is that no team can do this week after week but the Cowboys have also been playing well as of late so it's a question of which team is more likely to underachieve.I'll take the Saints to win as Dallas is having some banged up players on the OL which is their strength but am struggling with the total.The under has not been kind to me this year but I note that the o/u has dropped three points from the open which smells like the whales are looking at a lower than expected number.That gets my contrarian hackles rising so I will harpoon the whales :) and take the over.If Dallas can't control the ball and keep Brees and company off the field, this could turn ugly quickly.

YTD. 11-9-2 (Win 4-5-2, O/U 7-4)

barahona44
11-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again and this time the New Orleans Saints will travel to Dallas to take on the Cowpokes.Current numbers as I write this are New Orleans favored by 7 1//2 with an over/ under of 51 1/2 .The Saints have been the NFL's version of Sherman's march through Georgia this season.My first thought is that no team can do this week after week but the Cowboys have also been playing well as of late so it's a question of which team is more likely to underachieve.I'll take the Saints to win as Dallas is having some banged up players on the OL which is their strength but am struggling with the total.The under has not been kind to me this year but I note that the o/u has dropped three points from the open which smells like the whales are looking at a lower than expected number.That gets my contrarian hackles rising so I will harpoon the whales :) and take the over.If Dallas can't control the ball and keep Brees and company off the field, this could turn ugly quickly.

YTD. 11-9-2 (Win 4-5-2, O/U 7-4)

Big surprise the Saints could only put up 10 points.Lost both ends.Egad, my skills are slipping.

YTD. 11-11-2 (WIN 4-6-2, O/U 7-5)

Valuist
12-01-2018, 01:00 AM
No more Kareem Hunt with the Chiefs.

What was the Cleveland PD thinking by not charging him?

Marshall Bennett
12-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Chargers +3.5
Tampa Bay +3.5
Jets +8
Redskins +6.5

Last week : 3-1
Year : 19-12

sammy the sage
12-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Big surprise the Saints could only put up 10 points.Lost both ends.Egad, my skills are slipping.

YTD. 11-11-2 (WIN 4-6-2, O/U 7-5)

As was discussed in the LSU college thread...the refs/nfl HOSED the Saints...3 pretty obvious calls & a non-called really helped the "Boys"...

Had no wager on this game...but just an observation...plenty of replays floating around on...if one wants to see them...

barahona44
12-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Sunday, Week 13

Jaguars (+4) over the Colts. People need to slow their roll on the Colts.They're a young team who should be a top tier team in the next few years but this year they will be up and down as all young teams are. Jax still has a good defense but no Leonard Frenette,suspended for on field brawling, hurts.

Panthers (-3) over the Bucaneers.Since the Steelers pummeled them last month,Carolina has been reeling.Today ,they right the ship.

Patriots (-5) over the Vikings.Line started at 7 1/2 but once again wishful thinking on the part of the Brady & Bellichik hatahs drove the line down to 5.You'd think they would have learned by now

Sunday YTD. 16-13.

lamboguy
12-02-2018, 10:52 AM
i just noticed that the Texans are 5 1/2 favorite over the Browns.

the Texans look like they are playing the best football in the whole NFL, if they show up today they should win by many.

the Texans are my pick to go all the way now.

Secondbest
12-02-2018, 12:03 PM
i just noticed that the Texans are 5 1/2 favorite over the Browns.

the Texans look like they are playing the best football in the whole NFL, if they show up today they should win by many.

the Texans are my pick to go all the way now.

As of now they would have a tough road. As the 3rd seed if form holds and they win the wild card game Next out in New England then most likely in KC.
Then again if form holds Saints or Rams in a dome .A great accomplishment if they can pull it off.

lamboguy
12-02-2018, 12:13 PM
As of now they would have a tough road. As the 3rd seed if form holds and they win the wild card game Next out in New England then most likely in KC.
Then again if form holds Saints or Rams in a dome .A great accomplishment if they can pull it off.
they don't win games 53-50 and they are playing great together now. lets see how they finish off the season and make your assessments and lay the chips down. for right now i like them a lot.

Marshall Bennett
12-02-2018, 02:37 PM
The Texans have a soft schedule from here out. Should they get a bye in the playoffs and play as they have been, I don't see problems for them.

barahona44
12-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Sunday, Week 13

Jaguars (+4) over the Colts. People need to slow their roll on the Colts.They're a young team who should be a top tier team in the next few years but this year they will be up and down as all young teams are. Jax still has a good defense but no Leonard Frenette,suspended for on field brawling, hurts.

Panthers (-3) over the Bucaneers.Since the Steelers pummeled them last month,Carolina has been reeling.Today ,they right the ship.

Patriots (-5) over the Vikings.Line started at 7 1/2 but once again wishful thinking on the part of the Brady & Bellichik hatahs drove the line down to 5.You'd think they would have learned by now

Sunday YTD. 16-13.
Jaguars won 6-0,fewest total points in an NFL game since 2007.Patriots won a workmanlike 14 point victory over the Vikings.However the Panthers lost to TB and have fallen off a cliff the last 4 weeks.So 2-1 today and 18-14 on Sundays YTD.

Also Aaron Rodgers finally got his way today.Mike McCarthy was fired as head coach of the Packers after Green Bay lost at home to the lowly Arizona Cardinals.

Secondbest
12-02-2018, 08:52 PM
The Texans have a soft schedule from here out. Should they get a bye in the playoffs and play as they have been, I don't see problems for them.

I agree. What I said earlier was with the 3 seed I think it would tough.but not impossible. But If they get that bye. Then they have a good shot

barahona44
12-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again.The Jacksonville Jaguars go to Nashville to play the Tennessee Titans.When they were making up the schedule , this must have looked like a prime matchup since the Jags came within a whisker of playing in the Super Bowl and the Titans beat the heavily favored Chiefs on the road in the playoffs last year.Things have changed.Jacksonville is the biggest disappointment in the NFL this year and the Titans have been amazingly inconsistent this season.The number as I write this is the Titans by 5 1/2 with an over/under of 37,which is as low a number as you will see for an O/U.I'll take the Titans and the under.Both teams struggle to score and they both have above average defenses.The Titans still have a reasonable shot at a back door wild card spot;the Jags have been a hot mess most of the year.

YTD 11-11-2 ( Win 4-6-2, O/U 7-5)

Marshall Bennett
12-06-2018, 08:37 PM
I never bet on games with such failing performers. Even if its just for fun you can almost roll dice and do better. That's just me though, opinions certainly differ.Games like this, unless something remarkable happens, I'm watching something else by the 2nd quarter. :cool:

barahona44
12-07-2018, 12:51 AM
Thursday Night Football is upon us again.The Jacksonville Jaguars go to Nashville to play the Tennessee Titans.When they were making up the schedule , this must have looked like a prime matchup since the Jags came within a whisker of playing in the Super Bowl and the Titans beat the heavily favored Chiefs on the road in the playoffs last year.Things have changed.Jacksonville is the biggest disappointment in the NFL this year and the Titans have been amazingly inconsistent this season.The number as I write this is the Titans by 5 1/2 with an over/under of 37,which is as low a number as you will see for an O/U.I'll take the Titans and the under.Both teams struggle to score and they both have above average defenses.The Titans still have a reasonable shot at a back door wild card spot;the Jags have been a hot mess most of the year.

YTD 11-11-2 ( Win 4-6-2, O/U 7-5)

Another split,got the win, lost the under.

YTD 12-12-2(Win 5-6-2, O/U 7-6)

Marshall Bennett
12-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Texans -4.5
Redskins +3.5
Vikings +3

Last week : 3-1
Year : 22-13

barahona44
12-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Sunday Week 14

Saints (-9 1/2) over the Buccaneers. Saints have had 10 days to lick their wounds.

Giants (-3) over the Redskins.Mark Sanchez starting for the Native Americans.'Nuff said. Wherefore art thou, Colin Kapernick.? :D

Bengals (+15) over the Chargers.Classic trap game.San Diego, er Los Angeles,had their big comeback over the Steelers and have their biggest game of the year this Thursday against the Chiefs.Cincy doesn't have Andy Dalton or A.J. Green and they have been playing very poorly the past few weeks.Sooner or later,even bad teams have good games and the Bengals have some talented players.Chargers should win but that's a lot of points, even at home.

Sunday YTD. 18-14

barahona44
12-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Sunday Week 14

Saints (-9 1/2) over the Buccaneers. Saints have had 10 days to lick their wounds.

Giants (-3) over the Redskins.Mark Sanchez starting for the Native Americans.'Nuff said. Wherefore art thou, Colin Kapernick.? :D

Bengals (+15) over the Chargers.Classic trap game.San Diego, er Los Angeles,had their big comeback over the Steelers and have their biggest game of the year this Thursday against the Chiefs.Cincy doesn't have Andy Dalton or A.J. Green and they have been playing very poorly the past few weeks.Sooner or later,even bad teams have good games and the Bengals have some talented players.Chargers should win but that's a lot of points, even at home.

Sunday YTD. 18-14

Got 'em all, I was especially enthralled with the Giants dismantling the Redskins.

And the Miami Miracle-that lateraling back and forth on the last play of the game rarely works but it was shocking to see how poorly the Patriots defended it.Always good to see Bellichick taken down a peg or two.

YTD on Sunday 21-14

Secondbest
12-13-2018, 11:44 PM
Good win by the Chargers.Down 14 late on the road. Going for the win not the tie and getting it . Good for them.

Tom
12-14-2018, 09:30 AM
Yeah, with the win in reach, you HAVE to go for it.
If you ply for a tie, you deserve to lose.
Winners play to win.

Great game, even with a team of chili peppers playing in it.

HHE10
12-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Chargers with the big win last night against the Chiefs. Playoff Bound baby !!:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: :headbanger:

Marshall Bennett
12-15-2018, 06:46 AM
Broncos -2.5
Bengals -3
Tampa Bay +8
Lions +2.3
Redskins +7.5

Last week 0-3
Year : 22-16

rastajenk
12-15-2018, 10:18 AM
You like my Bengals, Mr Bennett? I don't; they won't win another game this year. From a 4-1 start to a 5-11 finish. :blush:

But I guess I could look forward to Marvin being back next year, Dalton being back, AJ being back, etc.....:puke:

headhawg
12-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Lewis should have been fired years ago when it seemed like every week one of his players was getting arrested. He's terrible, but I guess it could be worse -- Hue Jackson. There's an accomplished NFL HC for ya! :rolleyes: If the Bungles want to stay with a minority candidate they should look at Romeo Crennel. He inherited a terrible roster in Cleveland and I think he deserves a second chance. However, the trend now is toward young offensive-minded coaches like Nagy and McVay.

Tom
12-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Is there any place on the web I can get the audio feed for games?
Best game maybe of the season today - Pitts v Pats - and they put Tony Romo in the booth! Worst announcer in the history of he game. :puke:

I would love to watch bit no way in Hell I would ever listen to any game that dips stick calls. Sound like a hung-over sailor looking for his first hair of the dog while babbling non-stop about nothing.

No one ever told him he can stop and breath.:bang:

Secondbest
12-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Is there any place on the web I can get the audio feed for games?
Best game maybe of the season today - Pitts v Pats - and they put Tony Romo in the booth! Worst announcer in the history of he game. :puke:

I would love to watch bit no way in Hell I would ever listen to any game that dips stick calls. Sound like a hung-over sailor looking for his first hair of the dog while babbling non-stop about nothing.

No one ever told him he can stop and breath.:bang:

Try the Steelers of the pats local broadcast. I think the pats
Are on weei and the Steelers are wdve I don't know the callsigns Also espn radio or CBS may carry it. Or do what I sometimes do just turn off the sound.

Tom
12-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Thanks, I'll keep CBS in mind.
Most games I can live without the witty commentary by the crack announcing crews. And the Geezer Game Boys at half time, bunch of has-been geezers trying to pretend they are still relevant to anything on that phony gridiron set puffing their chests and wheezing afterwards. :lol:

I had the sound turned off, but the Steelers never showed up to play.
Some team I never saw before sowed up in different uniforms and I turned the whole thing off.

0 for 3 watching NFL today - Steeler no show, Bills dressed like girly-men, and who the Hell watched any Titans game!:lol:

I figure I have missed nothing.
Been watching football since before there was a super bowl, and haven't seen
anything new in over 25 years.

ultracapper
12-16-2018, 08:12 PM
Amazing how people see things different. I think Romo is outstanding, and the Steelers-Pats game outstanding.

The Seattle-San Fran game was as painful to watch as it gets. Refs refused to get out of the way.

Secondbest
12-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Amazing how people see things different. I think Romo is outstanding, and the Steelers-Pats game outstanding.

The Seattle-San Fran game was as painful to watch as it gets. Refs refused to get out of the way.

I thought the 4th quarter of the Steelers Pat game was exciting. Pats lost 3 of last 4. No bye as of now.

proximity
12-16-2018, 08:40 PM

yes. I also thought I (unfortunately) saw the steelers actually win the game too! :)

barahona44
12-16-2018, 10:15 PM
Lewis should have been fired years ago when it seemed like every week one of his players was getting arrested. He's terrible, but I guess it could be worse -- Hue Jackson. There's an accomplished NFL HC for ya! :rolleyes: If the Bungles want to stay with a minority candidate they should look at Romeo Crennel. He inherited a terrible roster in Cleveland and I think he deserves a second chance. However, the trend now is toward young offensive-minded coaches like Nagy and McVay.

Bengals owner Mike Brown is the cheapest bastard in the NFL.The only reason Marvin Lewis is still the coach is that he is still under contract.Brown doesn'-t like to go more than 2 years on any coaching contract and he won't pay people not to work.It's not a "minority"coach issue, it's a money issue.But if he hires Hue Jackson-and I doubt he does-,the Bengals deserves every bad thing that happens to them.There'a enough better recycled ex-coaches floating around who are willing to work cheap.After all, there's only 32 of those positions in the whole wide world.

Marshall Bennett
12-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Tampa Bay +7
Giants +8.5
Falcons +3
Texans +2
Lions +6
Bengals +9.5

Last week : 4-1
Year : 26-17

Marshall Bennett
12-29-2018, 11:53 AM
Redskins +7
Falcons -1
Titans +3.5
Bengals +14.5

Last week : 5-1
Year : 31-18

barahona44
12-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Week 17 focus on Don't mean a Thang games

Buffalo (-5) over Miami
Detroit (+8 1/2) over Green Bay
Atlanta (-2 1/2) over Tampa Bay

YTD Sunday. 21-14-0

andicap
12-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Week 17 focus on Don't mean a Thang games

Buffalo (-5) over Miami
Detroit (+8 1/2) over Green Bay
Atlanta (-2 1/2) over Tampa Bay

YTD Sunday. 21-14-0

2-1 today.
You’re red hot. I remember when you were under water.

barahona44
12-30-2018, 10:14 PM
2-1 today.
You’re red hot. I remember when you were under water.

Thanks for the kind words.Just as the season ends! :mad:

2018 season 23-15- . 60.5%

ldiatone
12-31-2018, 01:23 AM
Thanks, I'll keep CBS in mind.
Most games I can live without the witty commentary by the crack announcing crews. And the Geezer Game Boys at half time, bunch of has-been geezers trying to pretend they are still relevant to anything on that phony gridiron set puffing their chests and wheezing afterwards. :lol:

I had the sound turned off, but the Steelers never showed up to play.
Some team I never saw before sowed up in different uniforms and I turned the whole thing off.

0 for 3 watching NFL today - Steeler no show, Bills dressed like girly-men, and who the Hell watched any Titans game!:lol:

I figure I have missed nothing.
Been watching football since before there was a super bowl, and haven't seen
anything new in over 25 years.

watched the SOS Steelers on Redit. the CBS feed.

andicap
12-31-2018, 10:25 AM
Redskins +7
Falcons -1
Titans +3.5
Bengals +14.5

Last week : 5-1
Year : 31-18

33-20. Very profitable. nice going.

Marshall Bennett
12-31-2018, 11:10 PM
33-20. Very profitable. nice going.
Thanks. Be nice if I'd bet the games. I used to, but the results too often were reversed. :)

Marshall Bennett
01-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Texans -1
Seahawks +2.5
Chargers +3
Bears -6.5

Last week : 2-2
Year : 33-20

barahona44
01-05-2019, 12:26 AM
Saturday playoffs
Texans (-1 1/2) over the Colts.Colts are the best story (along with Patrick Mahomes)in the league this year but they have been playing over their heads the second half.Houston brings them back to earth.

Cowboys (-2 1/2) over the Seahawks.Dallas has been up and down the whole year.Seattle is being looked upon as a SB dark horse.Strict hunch play, I think the "good" Dallas shows up today.

ElKabong
01-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Forget the games, did anyone see the fox pregame show? Whoever the short haired hot blonde is, they showed her from every angle a female body can be shown. .. And showcased.... Tight sweater, tight pants, camera all over her. Sounds sexist, but it was obvious they were showcasing her.

First time all year I've watched their pregame show. I've been missing out. Girl is hot.

ElKabong
01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Texans -1
Seahawks +2.5
Chargers +3
Bears -6.5

Year : 33-20

No bets for me, but I heard on ESPN radio that 48% of the road teams in round one (since many years) have won. That percentage drops considerably in the second round for obvious reasons. Seems like a good deal to just take road dogs in round one

Secondbest
01-05-2019, 10:42 PM
No bets for me, but I heard on ESPN radio that 48% of the road teams in round one (since many years) have won. That percentage drops considerably in the second round for obvious reasons. Seems like a good deal to just take road dogs in round one

Dogs were 4-0 last year in first round.10-1 ats overall. According to Vegas insider.

Secondbest
01-05-2019, 11:07 PM
Chiefs are -5 . Seattle killing themselves.

barahona44
01-05-2019, 11:48 PM
Saturday playoffs
Texans (-1 1/2) over the Colts.Colts are the best story (along with Patrick Mahomes)in the league this year but they have been playing over their heads the second half.Houston brings them back to earth.

Cowboys (-2 1/2) over the Seahawks.Dallas has been up and down the whole year.Seattle is being looked upon as a SB dark horse.Strict hunch play, I think the "good" Dallas shows up today.

I was completely wrong about the Colts.Kudos to them.And I was right about the Cowboys-"good" Dallas showed up-but they couldn't stop the 2 point conversion after the last minute TD so I lost the cover.:mad: An inauspicious 0-2 playoff start. :(

Bettor :) luck tomorrow.

barahona44
01-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Ravens (-2 1/2) over. the Chargers.To paraphrase Robert De Niro ,as Al Capone, in The Untouchables,in the playoffs, a good defense will get you far, a good defense and a running game will get you farther.How Lamar Jackson reacts to his first playoff game is the X factor.LA gets a break as it will be 53° in Charm City, so weather shouldn't be a major factor.Crossing three time zones to play a 1:00 PM game is a real thing, however.Winner of this gets to play the Patriots next week in Foxboro.New England is praying it's not the Ravens who always give the Pats fits in the playoffs.

Eagles (+6 1/2) over the Bears.Young team in the playoffs for the first time in several years vs. lightning striking twice.Too much being made of Nick Foles maybe coming through two years in a row.I'm more likely to buy Mitchell Trubisky first time jitters.That Bears D is real but giving almost a TD to a good team on a roll seems too generous.

Playoffs 0-2-0

Secondbest
01-06-2019, 12:23 PM
I believe yesterday showed what happens to a running QB who gets behind in the playoffs. They have to throw . Watson couldn't. If Baltimore gets behind early can Jackson throw? I think he threw for 200 yds once this year. But I could be wrong on that. In the last game the Chargers lost a fumble on a drive and had a pick six. Can't count on that every game. Lynn puts six or seven in the box and dares Jackson to throw. If he can Ravens win if he can't they lose. I don't think he can .Chargers + 2 1/2.

HHE10
01-06-2019, 01:07 PM
Chargers +3

Bears -6.5

Good Luck all Go Chargers !!!:headbanger::headbanger:

ultracapper
01-06-2019, 04:59 PM
Seahawks have an equation they go by. Rushing attempts plus completed passes equals 50 equals WIN. I haven't seen the box score, but I wish they would have thrown the game on Wilson's shoulders and let him get a lion's share of the 50. The play calling and ultimate objective of each drive was effected by the loss of Janakowski, but the reason I think the Seahawks didn't show as well as they could have is because they didn't accept the fact that the running game just wasn't going to get it done last night.

Homers at the betting windows are hating the 2 pt conversion right about now.

Secondbest
01-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Seahawks have an equation they go by. Rushing attempts plus completed passes equals 50 equals WIN. I haven't seen the box score, but I wish they would have thrown the game on Wilson's shoulders and let him get a lion's share of the 50. The play calling and ultimate objective of each drive was effected by the loss of Janakowski, but the reason I think the Seahawks didn't show as well as they could have is because they didn't accept the fact that the running game just wasn't going to get it done last night.

Homers at the betting windows are hating the 2 pt conversion right about now.

I agree Every first down was a run for zero yds. More often than not they ran on 2nd for a few. Better off letting Wilson throw.
The two teams who relied most on the run going into the playoffs both lost.
If the chargers play like they did today in NE they're going to lose.
Fortunately the pats don't have the raven pass rush.

Secondbest
01-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Pats opened -4 1/2.

barahona44
01-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Ravens (-2 1/2) over. the Chargers.To paraphrase Robert De Niro ,as Al Capone, in The Untouchables,in the playoffs, a good defense will get you far, a good defense and a running game will get you farther.How Lamar Jackson reacts to his first playoff game is the X factor.LA gets a break as it will be 53° in Charm City, so weather shouldn't be a major factor.Crossing three time zones to play a 1:00 PM game is a real thing, however.Winner of this gets to play the Patriots next week in Foxboro.New England is praying it's not the Ravens who always give the Pats fits in the playoffs.

Eagles (+6 1/2) over the Bears.Young team in the playoffs for the first time in several years vs. lightning striking twice.Too much being made of Nick Foles maybe coming through two years in a row.I'm more likely to buy Mitchell Trubisky first time jitters.That Bears D is real but giving almost a TD to a good team on a roll seems too generous.

Playoffs 0-2-0
Chargers won in what turned out to be a semi-exciting game.Glad for the Chargers as Philip Rivers deserves a chance to win a Super Bowl.However that 4th quarter in which they let Baltimore back in the game doesn't bode well for LA going to New England.

Tough break for Chicago in what was a well played game.I have a theory on why kicking has deteriorated.I blame the placing the extra point back to the 15 for extra points.The PAT used to be automatic which built a player's confidence. With a more challenging play , this results in more missed kicks.This plays with a kicker's head and now field goals are being affected.Just my two cents.

Eagles covered, Ravens don't. Playoffs (1-3-0)

Bogo
01-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Well so much for the new NFL where you can't win with an immobile pocket passer. Many ways to skin a cat I guess.

nomadpat
01-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Interesting that the underdogs covered 3 of the 4. Last year, they were like 9-2 in the playoffs. Don't know if there is some logic to it (like teams are close in talent) or just a streak.

barahona44
01-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Arizona Cardinals have hired a head coach for the 2019 season and they signed a fired college coach.Kliff Kingsbury was 35-40 in six years at Texas Tech before being let go last month.He did help devolp Patrick Mahomes in college but I would think letting Kingsbury be OC first might be a better way to see what he could do.He did spend several years as a backup QB in the NFL so the pro game isn't completely foreign to him.Still, I get the impression that KK was not the Cards first choice.

ultracapper
01-09-2019, 11:27 PM
Brock Huard on sport's radio today here in Seattle speculated that his looks may have had something to do with his getting hired. He and his co-host were rambling on about it, but I never really picked up on where they were going with it. They then compared him to WA St. Cougar coach Mike Leach, which was kind of funny.

I'm pretty certain they weren't goofing around either. They were thinking his looks played a part in it.

proximity
01-10-2019, 05:32 AM
this will be a great test for the colts defense.

on the offensive side I think we have to stay committed to the run.

burnsy
01-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I like both favorites in the NFC. The Rams and Saints both clinched weeks ago and then coasted through the last month of play. The Rams coach is one of those analytical guys that rests players. They had to win the last game to secure #2 and they absolutely crushed when they had to. Dallas had all they could to handle last week at home against a team the Rams beat twice. If the Rams get ahead early they will let Elliot run as many times as he wants......it just wont matter. They want you to run.....they bank on scoring 30 points or more. Same with NO, they coasted they last few weeks but their "A" game this year will be more than enough to beat the Eagles. The Eagles were in deep last week, Yeah, Foles played great, but it was a special team play that made the difference. Stopping the Bears offense is one thing, NO put 40 on them during the season at home. The Eagles secondary is really not that good. If the Eagles win this one....they are magic. I'd lay 7 to 9 points in either game.

The AFC appears to be more of a tight match up. Games I hesitate to bet on because the teams look more even. KC should win at home but they have had playoff woes for years now and the Colts look like a dangerous team peaking at just the right time. They look really good, if KC starts slow, all the ghosts of past failures begin to haunt them...if they play their game, the Colts wont keep up by just running. This game I would predict a track meet "over" but the weather is questionable. So, I just may pass the game entirely. As for the other game. My gut tells me that the Chargers are the better team. If they were home, I would love them. But, its cold up here this weekend when its been mild all winter so far. That's gonna help the Pats. Even though the Pats won all 8 at home....they have the luxury of playing the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins. This Chargers team is 13-4 and they travel, 8-1 on the road. Losing one "road game' to the Rams. That's impressive! The Pats are also limping in this year. I saw Gronk running like the "Tin Man" last year. If I could see it, I'm sure he felt it. This is it for him, his body cant take much more and he knew that last year. Gordon is done and Brady has been sluggish too, they are actually relying on the run lately. If the Chargers play a defensive game like they did last week....I'll tread lightly but take the 4 points and pray that the west coast team handles the cold. I'll wait until the last minute on this one and hope the "Homer" money comes in on the Pats too. I might even get another point by then. This team is not what they were but they got by being in the AFC East, which is just a joke of a division.

Marshall Bennett
01-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Rams -7
Chargers +4

Year : 35-22

barahona44
01-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Saturday 1/12

Chiefs (-5) over the Colts.People are getting giddy over the Colts and their streak.Giddy never ends well.Dome team in the elements usually doesn't end well either.

Rams (-7) over Cowboys.Tough game to call, if the Rams put up a couple of TD's early, this could be a rout.Big D has to keep LA off the field.

Playoffs YTD 1-3-0

HHE10
01-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Chargers +3

Chiefs -5

Rams -6.5

Saints -5.5

GO CHARGERS and GOOD LUCK TO ALL !! :headbanger::headbanger:

Secondbest
01-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Chiefs offense not the same without Hunt. Bad weather .Give me the points. Colts +5
Goff not playing as well since Kupp got hurt. I despise the cowboys but dallas +6 1/2 . Rooting for LA to win close.

ElKabong
01-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Arizona Cardinals have hired a head coach for the 2019 season and they signed a fired college coach.Kliff Kingsbury was 35-40 in six years at Texas Tech before being let go last month.He did help devolp Patrick Mahomes in college but I would think letting Kingsbury be OC first might be a better way to see what he could do.He did spend several years as a backup QB in the NFL so the pro game isn't completely foreign to him.Still, I get the impression that KK was not the Cards first choice.

Yeah, he developed Mahomes into a qb that had a losing season. He had no team discipline whatsoever.

He was manzel's coach at anm, but manzeil didn't develop into an nfl qb. No bonus points there.

He allows people to say he developed baker mayfield, but he only had him for one year. No bonus points there either.

Same for Sam Webb (qb xfer to cal same year as mayfield hauling ass out of Lubbock)

So he's gotten this 'quarterback whisperer' reputation. As if it matters. The dude is a loser as a hc

Secondbest
01-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Chiefs offense not the same without Hunt. Bad weather .Give me the points. Colts +5
Goff not playing as well since Kupp got hurt. I despise the cowboys but dallas +6 1/2 . Rooting for LA to win close.

Mahomes didn't need Hunt at all. Colts O line had a bad day. Luck must have had a dozen tips . Great job by KC defense.
Rams up by 15. Kupp? Who needs him if you rush for 250 yds half way through 4th.
Sounds like. Cowboy home game as the Dallas fans come out of the woodwork .

barahona44
01-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Yeah, he developed Mahomes into a qb that had a losing season. He had no team discipline whatsoever.

He was manzel's coach at anm, but manzeil didn't develop into an nfl qb. No bonus points there.

He allows people to say he developed baker mayfield, but he only had him for one year. No bonus points there either.

Same for Sam Webb (qb xfer to cal same year as mayfield hauling ass out of Lubbock)

So he's gotten this 'quarterback whisperer' reputation. As if it matters. The dude is a loser as a hc

Well I did say "helped".Andy Reid gets the credit for "making" him the next big QB.
An absolute head scratcher of a hire. There's a reason the Cardinals have been a POS franchise (except for that 2009-15 stretch) throughout their history going back to Chicago and St. Louis.Dumb ownership by the Bidwills.

ElKabong
01-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Well I did say "helped".Andy Reid gets the credit for "making" him the next big QB.
An absolute head scratcher of a hire. There's a reason the Cardinals have been a POS franchise (except for that 2009-15 stretch) throughout their history going back to Chicago and St. Louis.Dumb ownership by the Bidwills.

Amen brother, from the first to last word.

barahona44
01-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Saturday 1/12

Chiefs (-5) over the Colts.People are getting giddy over the Colts and their streak.Giddy never ends well.Dome team in the elements usually doesn't end well either.

Rams (-7) over Cowboys.Tough game to call, if the Rams put up a couple of TD's early, this could be a rout.Big D has to keep LA off the field.

Playoffs YTD 1-3-0

I was concerned that the Cowboys would try for a 2 point PAT after their final TD,make it and give me a push.Gracias a Dios Jason Garrett went by the book.And midnight approached and the Colts got on the Pumpkin Express.Kudos to them though, they went a lot further than anybody ever expected,especially after that 1-5 start.A lot of young talent.If Luck stays healthy, they will be a force the next few years.

After dicking around the last 3-4 weeks, both the Rams and Chiefs seemed much improved and back to their old selves.Should be a pair of good championship games.

Playoffs YTD. 3-3-0

ultracapper
01-13-2019, 02:42 AM

What made you think this? They haven't missed a beat.

burnsy
01-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Rams bludgeoned the Cowboys. That was a physical beat down. Strength on strength and the Cowboys “D” got punched in the mouth through out 4 quarters.

barahona44
01-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Patriots (-4) over the Chargers. As much as I want the Chargers to win the Super Bowl for Philip Rivers to finally get one, Los Angeles is two weeks in a row flying across 3 time zones for a 1 pm start.That may be an NFL first, definitely a rarity.Combine that with cold temperatures and the Pats realization this may be their last best shot at another ring, going with NE.

Saints (-8 1/2) over the Eagles. Cinderella, your coach is here.And it's almost midnight.

Playoffs YTD 3-3-0

Secondbest
01-13-2019, 12:04 PM
What made you think this? They haven't missed a beat.

In the last 5 games against teams not named Oakland they scored over 30 once (31) . With hunt mid thirties was common. Obviously they can still score a lot . In this game they scored a little more than I thought but colts disappointed.
Rams went to the ground . Gurley got healthy. O line dominated. No need for Goff to throw in order for them to win.

ultracapper
01-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Rams bludgeoned the Cowboys. That was a physical beat down. Strength on strength and the Cowboys “D” got punched in the mouth through out 4 quarters.

Rams played winning playoff football. Gotta be the front runner after that massacre.

Secondbest
01-13-2019, 05:50 PM
For those who care. Chiefs opened -4. O/U 55. Got bet to -3 o/u. 57

barahona44
01-13-2019, 07:54 PM
Patriots (-4) over the Chargers. As much as I want the Chargers to win the Super Bowl for Philip Rivers to finally get one, Los Angeles is two weeks in a row flying across 3 time zones for a 1 pm start.That may be an NFL first, definitely a rarity.Combine that with cold temperatures and the Pats realization this may be their last best shot at another ring, going with NE.

Saints (-8 1/2) over the Eagles. Cinderella, your coach is here.And it's almost midnight.

Playoffs YTD 3-3-0

Split the covers.Eagles played better than I thought they would;Chargers played worse.

It's been a while (2004),that both conference championship games were between the 1 and 2 seeds.Should be a couple of humdingers.

Playoffs YTD 4-4-0

burnsy
01-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Started off great Saturday when the Rams won easily but Sunday was not a good day. The Chargers didn’t even show up and the Saints came out flat and barely won let alone not cover. This is how my entire season went and I’m in the red this year.

I’m gonna go with both dogs tomorrow. I like the way the Patriots and Rams are playing. I had a feeling the Rams lines on defense and offense would earn their keep. The Rams physically looked strong as did the Pats. Both teams had their way with opposition. I’ll probably go deep with the Rams. New Orleans is really over due for a big game. But they have been struggling a little bit to get going. The start of the game is crucial for them. Last time, they came out strong vs the Rams. If they have a slow start like they did vs the Steelers, Cowboys (on road) and Eagles. Home field won’t save them this time around. The Rams appear to be a team on offense that once they get into rythym , they are virtually unstoppable. There have been many games where they hardly punt at all. Because they run off 7 and 8 minute drives and you can almost tell if they get the ball back , it’s gonna happen again.

PhantomOnTour
01-19-2019, 09:58 PM
It's my belief that Jared Goff is a total fake, and a product of his coaches' genius. Sean Payton knows it; which is why he wants the Dome crowd to go wild during the beginning of the play clock (that is when McVay will be telling Goff what to do). Communication is cut off with 15secs to go on the play clock. If Goff doesn't have his coaches guidance I believe he will be left wanting, badly.
That running game had better work because there's NO WAY he beats the Saints with his arm and his wits.
I'm taking the Saints and Chiefs to win

barahona44
01-19-2019, 10:34 PM
Chiefs (-3) over the Patriots.Rare to see the Pats as an underdog but given the mythical 3 points the home team supposedly gets (Never understood why EVERY team gets 3:;if true that kind of rigidity can be exploited.But I digress), this game is a tossup.This matchup (unlike the other game) is tough to figure.I'm going with Andy Reid having spanked Bill Bellichik a couple of times and playing him tight in a couple of others in his tenure as Chiefs and Eagles coach as the X factor in making a decision.It's obvious Reid doesn't soil his shorts when New England comes a calling.Could go down to the wire.

Saints (-3) over the Rams.Not seeing Jared Goff going into the Big Easy and performing well.The kid has talent but the key word in that phrase is 'kid'.If the Saints can neutralize Aaron Donald, Drew Brees should be able to pick apart LA.I'm thinking a two score victory for New Orleans, on the order of 34-23 or thereabouts.

YTD -Playoffs 4-4-0

burnsy
01-20-2019, 07:35 AM
I don’t know. I kind of see the Rams defensive line possibly having a big day again. The Saints have two tackles, a center and a tight end on the injury report. I just think the Rams are healthy and hitting stride now, where they were the banged up team earlier in the season. On defense Okafor is playing with a knee and I can see Rams running right at him. It’s not gonna be Goff unless the stuff the run. He played well last time once he settled in.

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Patriots +3
Saints -3

Last week : 1-1
Year : 36-23

burnsy
01-20-2019, 01:11 PM
I don’t understand the bad mouthing of Goff. Last time in NO he had his best road game . 391 yds , 3 tds. But I just like the way the Rams have been playing. Last week was not the first time they hammered a team. It’s been that way since they got the second running back

headhawg
01-20-2019, 01:33 PM
I agree with your assessment burnsy. I like both 'dogs today. Pats will find a way to win, and the Rams D keys their victory.

Secondbest
01-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Tough games to figure. However giving only 3 pts with the Saints at home
Is I think a good bet.
Getting points with the Pats is s rarity. If not for the Miami miracle this game would be in Foxboto with the pats favored. It's a big difference this year. NE is just not that good on the road. But I can see Belichek trying to keep the Chiefs off the field like the Giants did to the Bills in 1990 and again to the Pats in 2007. Looking for run and more run. On the other side Mahomes is the most dynamic QB in a long time , MVP in his 2nd year . First as a starter.
That plus NE bad road record give me KC
NO -3
KC -3

Secondbest
01-20-2019, 06:10 PM
Horrible no call.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Horrible no call.

That was awful.

Could have called Pass Interference, Hitting a Defenseless Player, Helmet to Helmet, or even a simple old Personal Foul.

Still. You can't blow a 13-0 lead, at home, in a dome, in the NFC Championship game.

Secondbest
01-20-2019, 06:37 PM
That was awful.

Could have called Pass Interference, Hitting a Defenseless Player, Helmet to Helmet, or even a simple old Personal Foul.

Still. You can't blow a 13-0 lead, at home, in a dome, in the NFC Championship game.

No you can't

ultracapper
01-20-2019, 07:05 PM
You have to get an early lead on the Rams and then play clean football the rest of the way out. By early 3rd period, the offensive line has been pushed and shoved so much it begins to show, and then the Rams D line just controls the game. There is no making up leads on them late. There are no 8 play 65 yard drives in the 4th quarter against them. You gotta get what you can early, and then know there won't be much late because that D line will take over the game eventually.

That is a GREAT defensive front 4.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Amazing 1st quarter from Belichick and the Pats.

Have taken the raucous KC crowd out of the game thus far.

119 yards vs -11 with a 10 to 1 first down edge and 23 plays vs 5.

ultracapper
01-20-2019, 07:28 PM
And one of the most improbable INTs of Brady's career. That may not be a killer, but man, that hurts.

burnsy
01-20-2019, 07:38 PM
You have to get an early lead on the Rams and then play clean football the rest of the way out. By early 3rd period, the offensive line has been pushed and shoved so much it begins to show, and then the Rams D line just controls the game. There is no making up leads on them late. There are no 8 play 65 yard drives in the 4th quarter against them. You gotta get what you can early, and then know there won't be much late because that D line will take over the game eventually.

That is a GREAT defensive front 4.

Agreed, kind of thought both of their lines would do well. And people said Goff couldn’t do it. He was dead nuts even if they lose this game

Secondbest
01-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Pats dominating. But only up by 7. That's not good . The other team starts playing better . If it's 7 at the half that's good for KC considering how they're playing.

ultracapper
01-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Agreed, kind of thought both of their lines would do well. And people said Goff couldn’t do it. He was dead nuts even if they lose this game

I don't much like Goff, but he and McVay make a nice combo. McVay seems to have the key to what makes Goff click.

headhawg
01-20-2019, 10:30 PM
I agree with your assessment burnsy. I like both 'dogs today. Pats will find a way to win, and the Rams D keys their victory.It's like I had a vision...

ultracapper
01-20-2019, 10:39 PM
It's like I had a vision...

Yea, but you didn't say anything about OT. ;)