PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Odds

linrom1
09-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Chimera Technology releases pari-mutuel wagering platform

Chimera Technology Corp., a Nevada-based gaming services company, has released a betting platform for wagering on horse races that some offshore bookmakers already have implemented.

"We are excited about this new platform and believe that it will help to significantly impact the bottom line of licensees and in turn, Chimera," said President Ken Chua. "Our team continues to work hard to bring products to market that will have the greatest impact."

The current platform allows users to see real-time odds on North American races and future developments could include information from Asia and Europe as well as live streaming video.

Real Time Odds, how can they do that

GameTheory
09-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I suspect by "real-time odds" they just mean the usual tote board odds we all see, not up-to-this-very-second real-time odds, unless there is more that PR than you've posted...

BillW
09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
One possible way:

They put a computer into a box that reads tote information off of the internet (after signing an agreement I would presume). They can implement a wagering interface similar to the Autotote machines you see at tracks except that it would use the internet as a medium of communication to the selected net based account wagering outfit.

Sorry, GT, looks like I posted on top of you