PDA

View Full Version : "The Resistance" inside the White House

FantasticDan
09-05-2018, 05:33 PM
A senior Trump official anonymously details efforts to, "thwart Mr. Trump's more misguided impulses.. working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations", while still supporting the administration's broader policies..

Such brave patriots.. :rolleyes: :bang:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

FantasticDan
09-05-2018, 05:35 PM
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1037428142649094145

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 05:36 PM
A senior Trump official anonymously details efforts to, "thwart Mr. Trump's more misguided impulses.. working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations", while still supporting the administration's agenda..

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Glad you believe it all Sport, that way you'll disappear from the board when it all goes the opposite way......You guys are so easy...:bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
A senior Trump official anonymously details efforts to, "thwart Mr. Trump's more misguided impulses.. working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations", while still supporting the administration's broader policies..

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimesI can't believe you accept any of this amazing bullshit if it is indeed true.

Who is this "anonymous asshole" who thinks he was also elected POTUS?

If Trump TRULY does something illegal, there are existing methods to remove him from office. Until then, anyone trying to "thwart" Trump should be fired or even better, tried and convicted of ACTUAL TREASON (as opposed to FAKE TREASON like some hollered after Helsinki).

This is absolutely INSANE. Why not just do away with elections altogether and turn the USA into just another SHIT-HOLE COUNTRY?

Nutz and Boltz
09-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Well, he said that he would hire the best people for the jobs. The best people don't have to be your friend also . Everything with the country seems to be going well. The world is full of back-stabbers in all kinds of businesses that do well. So why should it not be so in the White House?
Who knows exactly what went on behind the scenes at the White House during other Presidencies ? I'm sure the dementia had already set in for Reagan while he was in office. How did his aides handle it back then?

FantasticDan
09-05-2018, 05:53 PM

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1037429718990106625

hcap
09-05-2018, 06:01 PM

Dan, did not read it yet. Does this anonymous whistleblower relate some stories about Trump's cabinet members seriously discussing applying the 25th amendment?

wisconsin
09-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Dan, did not read it yet. Does this anonymous whistleblower relate some stories about Trump's cabinet members seriously discussing applying the 25th amendment?

This is your fantasy after all.

hcap
09-05-2018, 06:11 PM
This is your fantasy after all.What is scary is a serious discussion of the 25th amendment.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 06:22 PM
What is scary is a serious discussion of the 25th amendment.

You would never hear anything about the 25th Amendment being invoked until it was completed...

Its a fair question though.

cordoba
09-05-2018, 06:50 PM
The Op-Ed .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::popcorn::popcorn::popcor n::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Well, he said that he would hire the best people for the jobs. The best people don't have to be your friend also . Everything with the country seems to be going well. The world is full of back-stabbers in all kinds of businesses that do well. So why should it not be so in the White House?
Who knows exactly what went on behind the scenes at the White House during other Presidencies ? I'm sure the dementia had already set in for Reagan while he was in office. How did his aides handle it back then?

Just Nancy.

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Anonymous = zero credibility.
Of course Dan buys it.
His entire being is quoting unknown people who fit his agenda.
Nothing of substance in the works of Danny boy.

IF any of it is true, then he is supporting the overthrow of the government - treason.

The publishers should be arrested and force to reveal the source.
By whatever mean needed.

those acts are FAR more dangerous than any alleged and unproven collusion with RUSSIANS.

Says a lot about Dan's character.
What little he has.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Two words....

Mike Pence!

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Two better words - prison time ( for those colluding to topple the government)

Two more words for the rats - lock load

Anonymous sources = the voices in Dans head

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 07:19 PM
With all of this happening does anyone actually question the mental stability of the President?

We don't work with or interact with the man in any way but the overwhelming accounts of him being unstable have to hold some weight...no?

In any case there is a new bloodbath beginning in the WH as this is being reported names for Mattis' replacement have been floated as have other murmurings happening within the cabinet.

Constitutional Crises' sure are fun.

At least whoever penned this Op-Ed surely knows they won't remain anonymous long... we'll find out soon enough.

RunForTheRoses
09-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Nothing to see here folks,

Burls
09-05-2018, 07:23 PM
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1037428142649094145
Now the FAILING New York Times is in on it.
Why are so many separate information sources ganging up on President Trump?
It's just not fair!
All he wants to do is Make America Great Again.
Can't they just accept that he alone can do it because he is a higher-quality human being than them?
They are so envious of his greatness it just makes me sick!
I don't know how I'm going to be able to get any sleep tonight. ...

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 07:24 PM

Hate to tell you this but regardless of where you stand on the President, support/don't support, there is certainly something to see here....

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:30 PM
With all of this happening does anyone actually question the mental stability of the President? No.

We don't work with or interact with the man in any way but the overwhelming accounts of him being unstable have to hold some weight...no?

No.

When you cut out all the BS from fired losers and people afraid to say things that can be traces back to them, and just look at the result so far, I quest the stability of those who question him.

And I do it under under my REAL name.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 07:39 PM
No.

When you cut out all the BS from fired losers and people afraid to say things that can be traces back to them, and just look at the result so far, I quest the stability of those who question him.

And I do it under under my REAL name.

I guess...

He's accomplished a tax cut with a Republican Trifecta... and that's about it.

No trade deals, immigration, or wall, and infrastructure week is on about its 4th month now...

He will lose the house in a couple of months and congress is now lame-duck...

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:41 PM
I hate to tell you, but your list of his accomplishments are NOT what most of us are going by. Sorry to bust your bubble.
There is more than a tax cut.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 07:47 PM
I hate to tell you, but your list of his accomplishments are NOT what most of us are going by. Sorry to bust your bubble.
There is more than a tax cut.

Legislatively he's been pretty terrible at accomplishing his agenda.

Obama got bagged on it too when he had control... doesn't change the fact Trump really hasn't produced a lot of "results" for his constituents.

Anywho the coup is on... back to your regular programming.

mostpost
09-05-2018, 07:55 PM
I can't believe you accept any of this amazing bullshit if it is indeed true.

If Trump TRULY does something illegal, there are existing methods to remove him from office. Until then, anyone trying to "thwart" Trump should be fired or even better, tried and convicted of ACTUAL TREASON (as opposed to FAKE TREASON like some hollered after Helsinki).

This is absolutely INSANE. Why not just do away with elections altogether and turn the USA into just another SHIT-HOLE COUNTRY?

If it is indeed true, then it can't be bull(&^%.

You are confused about what is treason. Treason involve actions that harm the country, not actions that tell the truth about the President. Everything the author of this op ed talks about has been talked about in one form or another by Trump himself. He allegedly order the assassination of Syrian president Assad. There are several instances of Trump urging his supporters to beat up protesters at rallies. He has called for government control of the media.

Accusations similar to those made by the anonymous author of the OpEd have been made in books by Michael Wolff, Omarosa and Bob Woodward; and in numerous news stories.

This has nothing to do with elections. The 25th amendment is part of the Constitution. Impeachment is part of the constitution. The purpose is to remove one man if that is found to be necessary. His replacement will not be Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders; it will be his constitutionally elected Vice President, Mike Pence. I am not at all a fan of Pence, but at least he is rational and intelligent.

mostpost
09-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Anonymous = zero credibility.
Of course Dan buys it.
His entire being is quoting unknown people who fit his agenda.
Nothing of substance in the works of Danny boy.

IF any of it is true, then he is supporting the overthrow of the government - treason.

The publishers should be arrested and force to reveal the source.
By whatever mean needed.

those acts are FAR more dangerous than any alleged and unproven collusion with RUSSIANS.

Says a lot about Dan's character.
What little he has.

People keep asking, "Could we have a worse president than Trump?" theoretically yes, but I doubt anyone would vote for you.

mostpost
09-05-2018, 08:12 PM

How does the number of employees at the New York Times have any bearing on the truth of the OPED?

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 08:19 PM
How does the number of employees at the New York Times have any bearing on the truth of the OPED?

It doesn't... its a very weak deflection away from what happened today.

I have ZERO doubt this person exists and they are who the NYT says they are and that there is some veracity to the story.

This person will be revealed shortly... they basically have to be regardless of which "side" you're on.

FantasticDan
09-05-2018, 08:35 PM
https://twitter.com/andyrichter/status/1037498349421649920

mostpost
09-05-2018, 08:38 PM
During his meeting with the law enforcement guys, Trump made the claim that four million jobs had been created during his administration. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that actually counts these things, the number is 3,432,000. For an equal period at the end of the Obama administration, the number of jobs created was 3,704,000. Booming economy? Not as booming as before.

For those of you who don't know, 3,704,000 is more than 3,432,000.

FantasticDan
09-05-2018, 08:43 PM
https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1037499081449336833

Burls
09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmXYqb0UUAAG2BX.jpg

horses4courses
09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Now the FAILING New York Times is in on it.
Why are so many separate information sources ganging up on President Trump?
It's just not fair!
All he wants to do is Make America Great Again.
Can't they just accept that he alone can do it because he is a higher-quality human being than them?
They are so envious of his greatness it just makes me sick!
I don't know how I'm going to be able to get any sleep tonight. ...

Trump is so unfairly treated.
We should all be humbled by such profound greatness.
He's going to make this nation so great again.
I just can't wait......:liar:

Burls
09-05-2018, 08:49 PM
For those of you who don't know, 3,704,000 is more than 3,432,000.
That's your truth.
I'll have you know that President Trump has just declared that 3,704,000 is less than 3,432,000.
So there!

Burls
09-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Trump is so unfairly treated.
We should all be humbled by such profound greatness.
He's going to make this nation so great again.
I just can't wait......:liar:If people just give him the power to imprison anyone who dares to speak against him, he could MAGA so much faster.

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
If people just give him the power to imprison anyone who dares to speak against him, he could MAGA so much faster.

NO, No, no......You can imprison ANYONE who commits TREASON, being tried before a Military Tribunal, POTUS will not be involved, nor will the corrupt FED courts.

Won't be too funny when it starts to happen.....It will be so much faster, just like a "D5" avalanche.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 09:11 PM
NO, No, no......You can imprison ANYONE who commits TREASON, being tried before a Military Tribunal, POTUS will not be involved, nor will the corrupt FED courts.

Won't be too funny when it starts to happen.....It will be so much faster, just like a "D5" avalanche.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/08e51f782030f7678dc0f5b73eb9adc0/tenor.gif

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Here is another honest question for some of you Trump supporters...

What if Trump really truly is mentally unfit for office and people like Mike Pence are actively trying to remove him for the good of the country?

Would you support Pence?

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Here is another honest question for some of you Trump supporters...

What if Trump really truly is mentally unfit for office and people like Mike Pence are actively trying to remove him for the good of the country?

Would you support Pence?
Is there a different option that I'm not aware of?

horses4courses
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Here is another honest question for some of your Trump supporters...

Would you support Pence?

I'll answer on their behalf.

Of course they would support Pence.
With all their minuscule, little, hearts
while, at the same time, praying that Pence
could muster up a bigger can of whoop ass.

They are all despicable.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 09:23 PM

It wasn't really meant to be a trick question or pigeonhole anyone.

I have my opinions on the matter and everyone is entitled to theirs... its actually crazy we are even talking about these things.

I just wondered if honestly people who are ardent Trump supporters would press pause and say, "wait a minute" if people like Pence, Mattis, Kelly, Pompeo were leading a charge to get him out of there.

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 09:24 PM

They are all despicable.

It's deplorable Sport, not despicable. Your side has despicable all locked up-->:pound::bang:It's crowded:eek::lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2018, 09:38 PM

They are all despicable.

Okay thask, the above post by h4c is a post questioning the morality of fellow posters' that support the President. h4c is answering a question, by elysiantraveller, posed to fellow posters who support Trump. Accusing a whole group of fellow posters of being morally despicable is just as grievous as telling RR he is despicable and fits your stated criteria for deletion.

OntheRail
09-05-2018, 09:42 PM

And there is hard proof of the DEEP STATE... that you ilk claim was nothing more then tinfoil clad conspiracy.

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2018, 09:45 PM

If any sitting President was truly incapable of fulfilling his duties, yes I would support the people who took Constitutional action to remove him.

BTW h4c that is the answer us despicable people would give. Of course you proved, in your mind, that supporting a legitimate Constitutional action would make your fellow posters' morally despicable.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Okay thask, the above post by h4c is a post questioning the morality of fellow posters' that support the President. h4c is answering a question, by elysiantraveller, posed to fellow posters who support Trump. Accusing a whole group of fellow posters of being morally despicable is just as grievous as telling RR he is despicable and fits your stated criteria for deletion.I do not agree at all that his post is worthy of a red card.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Here's what I think ely.

I honestly think all of the stuff we've been hearing and reading about Trump lately is about 90% utter bullshit.

The MSM and their sycophants are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Trump at this point, what with the Kavanaugh confirmation and midterms coming up...all they have left is to go nuclear on Trump and hope that it sticks this time.

They know Mueller isn't going to issue his opinion until after the midterms, so what do they have to fight at this point? Nothing but lies, innuendo and half-truths.

The economic news has been nothing but positive. Trump endorsements have been winning unlike a year ago. They are truly desperate for some sort of anything to hang their hat on, and all they really have is "Trump Bad/Crazy." So they're going all-in with that. Lying and cheating surely isn't below their their standards, I'm sure you would agree. Woodward has a book to sell. You think a book that didn't have stuff like that in it would sell as well as a book devoid of salacious material? Again, has Gary Cohn confirmed or denied the story in the book?

That's my honest opinion. And if you thought about it a bit more, I think you'd see there is a very good chance my opinion could be very much correct.

Seriously...just take a day to think about it. Use the most rational part of your brain.

Burls
09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
I do not agree at all that his post is worthy of a red card.
PA gets FULL points for being an IMPARTIAL judge here. :ThmbUp:

chadk66
09-05-2018, 10:02 PM
here's how it probably went down. Hillary has one of her underlings buy a burner phone. He/She calls the times reporter and tells them he/she works in the white house. Of course times reporters takes it hook line and sinker and repeats everything he/she is told It's that simple :lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2018, 10:07 PM
I do not agree at all that his post is worthy of a red card.

So it is ok to call a group of fellow posters' despicable, due to the constitutional process of succession? Forgive me if you want a more civil discussion there is no material difference between calling one poster a name or a labeling a whole group of your fellow posters a name.

Remember you said you do not want people to be calling fellow posters names and Thask stated he would delete posts calling in to question fellow poster's morality.

Under your interpretation it is permissible to insult your fellow posters' as a group, but not individually? If h4c called RR despicable would that be worthy of a red card? If so h4c calling a group of fellow posters is just as egregious.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Here's what I think ely.

I honestly think all of the stuff we've been hearing and reading about Trump lately is about 90% utter bullshit.

The MSM and their sycophants are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Trump at this point, what with the Kavanaugh confirmation and midterms coming up...all they have left is to go nuclear on Trump and hope that it sticks this time.

They know Mueller isn't going to issue his opinion until after the midterms, so what do they have to fight at this point? Nothing but lies, innuendo and half-truths.

The economic news has been nothing but positive. Trump endorsements have been winning unlike a year ago. They are truly desperate for some sort of anything to hang their hat on, and all they really have is "Trump Bad/Crazy." So they're going all-in with that. Lying and cheating surely isn't below their their standards, I'm sure you would agree. Woodward has a book to sell. You think a book that didn't have stuff like that in it would sell as well as a book devoid of salacious material? Again, has Gary Cohn confirmed or denied the story in the book?

That's my honest opinion. And if you thought about it a bit more, I think you'd see there is a very good chance my opinion could be very much correct.

Seriously...just take a day to think about it. Use the most rational part of your brain.

I have the ability to think about it rationally... I have the ability to pull up the President's twitter and get a good look into that "stable genius."

While you think this is all "utter bullshit" I would go the other way and say its probably more likely 90% true. The evidence is literally right there from the rocket man comments, to essentially admitting obstuction/collusion, to Truth isn't Truth, to the constant lying, to the ALL CAPS TWEET TO IRAN.

Do I know if the President is mentally unhinged...? No, I don't... do I think the man is actually ****ing smart enough to warrant being President...? Also no...

So lost in the whole diatribe was you failing to answer the question...

Suspend your disbelief for a second and consider a possibility where you are wrong and the all of that "utter bullshit" was true... where would you fall in regard to the question?

Also waiting on Run4Roses card...

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2018, 10:11 PM

They are all despicable.

People who don't understand the Constitution are despicable.

Tom
09-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Legislatively he's been pretty terrible at accomplishing his agenda.

Obama got bagged on it too when he had control... doesn't change the fact Trump really hasn't produced a lot of "results" for his constituents.

Anywho the coup is on... back to your regular programming.

Well, I prefer to hear what his constituents say- and we are happy with his results so far. Granted, a lot of stuff has been lost due to mindless oppostint ny brain dead democrat and turn coat republicans.

But the list is certainly a good one.
To those who care about good things.

Tom
09-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Andy Richter? A half-assed sidekick on a cable talk show?
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Tom
09-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Okay thask, the above post by h4c is a post questioning the morality of fellow posters' that support the President. h4c is answering a question, by elysiantraveller, posed to fellow posters who support Trump. Accusing a whole group of fellow posters of being morally despicable is just as grievous as telling RR he is despicable and fits your stated criteria for deletion.

This! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Tom
09-05-2018, 10:32 PM
So it is ok to call a group of fellow posters' despicable, due to the constitutional process of succession? Forgive me if you want a more civil discussion there is no material difference between calling one poster a name or a labeling a whole group of your fellow posters a name.

Remember you said you do not want people to be calling fellow posters names and Thask stated he would delete posts calling in to question fellow poster's morality.

Under your interpretation it is permissible to insult your fellow posters' as a group, but not individually? If h4c called RR despicable would that be worthy of a red card? If so h4c calling a group of fellow posters is just as egregious.

In that case, anyone who agrees with Horsey's comments are despicable.

fast4522
09-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Well, I prefer to hear what his constituents say- and we are happy with his results so far. Granted, a lot of stuff has been lost due to mindless opposition ny brain dead democrat and turn coat republicans.

But the list is certainly a good one.
To those who care about good things.

The very real problem neither political party has the stones to tell constituents NO. Establishment types on both sides know how to enrich themselves, President Donald J. Trump wants everything on time and under budget, this upsets the apple cart because it hampers kickbacks.

fast4522
09-05-2018, 11:00 PM
I have the ability to think about it rationally... I have the ability to pull up the President's twitter and get a good look into that "stable genius."

While you think this is all "utter bullshit" I would go the other way and say its probably more likely 90% true. The evidence is literally right there from the rocket man comments, to essentially admitting obstuction/collusion, to Truth isn't Truth, to the constant lying, to the ALL CAPS TWEET TO IRAN.

Do I know if the President is mentally unhinged...? No, I don't... do I think the man is actually ****ing smart enough to warrant being President...? Also no...

Suspend your disbelief for a second and consider a possibility where you are wrong and the all of that "utter bullshit" was true... where would you fall in regard to the question?

Also waiting on Run4Roses card...

So you have seen better days, unfortunately for you more winning does not translate to better times for you and yours. Look on the bright side, a year from now we will be here to remind you of the winning of the day and week.

davew
09-05-2018, 11:05 PM
With all of this happening does anyone actually question the mental stability of the President?

In any case there is a new bloodbath beginning in the WH as this is being reported names for Mattis' replacement have been floated as have other murmurings happening within the cabinet.

Constitutional Crises' sure are fun.

At least whoever penned this Op-Ed surely knows they won't remain anonymous long... we'll find out soon enough.

What is there to question, he has done what he said he would do and why he got elected.

Lou Dobbs had a nice segment tonight about daffodils.

JustRalph
09-05-2018, 11:15 PM
A month from now, Kavanaugh will be decorating his office at the Supremes.

Even if he bows out, eventually that seat gets a righty.

But the minute that seat is filled, Trump has done more to advance a conservative agenda than anybody else in my lifetime.

We are still in Gravy time, but if that seats filled by Trump it won’t matter what the hell happens in the next 2-6 years........

fast4522
09-05-2018, 11:23 PM

But the minute that seat is filled, Trump has done more to advance a conservative agenda than anybody else in my lifetime.

We are still in Gravy time, but if that seats filled by Trump it won’t matter what the hell happens in the next 2-6 years........

Arizona gets its Senator, Kavanaugh gets sworn in as the new Supreme Court

Justice. and heads explode everywhere in November.

davew
09-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Arizona gets its Senator, Kavanaugh gets sworn in as the new Supreme Court

Justice. and heads explode everywhere in November.

A nice repeat of November 2016, watching the commentators on television crying because they can not understand why their polls are wrong.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 12:24 AM
here's how it probably went down. Hillary has one of her underlings buy a burner phone. He/She calls the times reporter and tells them he/she works in the white house. Of course times reporters takes it hook line and sinker and repeats everything he/she is told It's that simple :lol:

Did you make that up all by yourself? The sad part is you probably believe it. Do you think the Times would have published that OPED without knowing to a certainty who the author is? They know he/she is and they are not revealing that person's identity because that is what they have agreed to do. Why did the Times agree to this? Because they realized how important, how terrifying this information is.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 12:35 AM

I think you are missing the point of ET's question. It's not would you support Pence if he became president as a result of an invocation of the 25th amendment. The question is would you support Pence implementing and pursuing an investigation that might lead to that end.

ET can tell me if my interpretation is incorrect.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 12:42 AM
And there is hard proof of the DEEP STATE... that you ilk claim was nothing more then tinfoil clad conspiracy.
I have no idea how you got that out of the Andy Richter tweet. I also have no idea why you would put any value on an Andy Richter tweet. I mean his earthquake scale is great, but outside of that.....

davew
09-06-2018, 01:00 AM
Did you make that up all by yourself? The sad part is you probably believe it. Do you think the Times would have published that OPED without knowing to a certainty who the author is? They know he/she is and they are not revealing that person's identity because that is what they have agreed to do. Why did the Times agree to this? Because they realized how important, how terrifying this information is.

Even if they do know who the author is, it does not mean it is accurate.

Bob Woodward released a new book about Trumps executive group, and much of it is simply wrong...

ReplayRandall
09-06-2018, 01:04 AM
I think you are missing the point of ET's question. It's not would you support Pence if he became president as a result of an invocation of the 25th amendment. The question is would you support Pence implementing and pursuing an investigation that might lead to that end.

ET can tell me if my interpretation is incorrect.
I believe Trump, if he leaves, will depart on his own terms, if that's The Plan. Pence is part of the team and the overall plan set by Trump....Pence doesn't have that kind of juice to start an investigation for his own benefit.

OntheRail
09-06-2018, 01:21 AM
I have no idea how you got that out of the Andy Richter tweet. I also have no idea why you would put any value on an Andy Richter tweet. I mean his earthquake scale is great, but outside of that.....

Andy is a... well you know what. But comment was really aimed at the whole ""The Resistance" inside the White House" specter of the Times OP-ED.

Would you not agree that is very Deep State shit if true?

OntheRail
09-06-2018, 01:24 AM
Deep State OP-ED... that just so happens to coincide with Bob's Book release.

Collusion?

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2018, 01:26 AM

Also waiting on Run4Roses card...His decades in the public eye prior to being POTUS and his ability to run a worldwide organization also have given us insight into whether he is "insane" or not.

I'll go with occam's razor on this one and side with the decades of apparent non-insanity and ability to run a fairly large ship and still declare 90% BS currently.

lamboguy
09-06-2018, 03:49 AM
what the New York Times did today will result in more damage than whatever the President might possibly be guilty of. they took it upon themselves to give some guy some type of validity without showing his face. the author claims to be doing bad things inside the white house because he thinks he knows better what is good for the country than the guy that got elected to make decisions.

if the guy has something real to say, say it in the open, not behind a black curtain. instead, he and the New York Times are instigating problems that may not exist.

if Trump is going down, it won't be the media that gets him, it will be his own party, and they will turn on him in a New York minute should they have solid proof.

fast4522
09-06-2018, 05:00 AM
His decades in the public eye prior to being POTUS and his ability to run a worldwide organization also have given us insight into whether he is "insane" or not.

I'll go with occam's razor on this one and side with the decades of apparent non-insanity and ability to run a fairly large ship and still declare 90% BS currently.

The President's ability to frustrate those who oppose him to the point of insanity is proof that he is sound in mind and body. Globalist everywhere will rue the day he became President because he is just getting started, on the surface it looks like he has done what he has come here to do but reality is he has only scratched the surface in changing the whole world. No President in modern history has been able to do as much in such a short period of time, globalist like Henry Kissinger and others will be dead and buried before President Donald J. Trump leaves office. The new world order being flushed down the shitter and America first takes hold in the heartland.

Nutz and Boltz
09-06-2018, 06:39 AM
The President's ability to frustrate those who oppose him to the point of insanity...

That's what people with dementia do to their caregivers. I know, I went through that with my parents.

sammy the sage
09-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Simple surveillance video would quickly show who and what and when....is anybody competent there :popcorn::eek::rolleyes::pound:

sammy the sage
09-06-2018, 07:40 AM
By the way...where is THE outrage from THE people who's documents were NOT signed :rant::pout::confused::faint:

surely those signatures are needed for...

money for this
authority to do that
buy a box of tweedy's
ect...

Seriously...shouldn't they have raised concerns months AGO???

This whole mess is getting :coffee::popcorn::liar::lol:

Clocker
09-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Bob Woodward released a new book about Trumps executive group, and much of it is simply wrong...
The book has not been released yet. What proof is there that much of it is simply wrong?

I'm guessing that it is going to be a lot of "he said, she said", and that much of it is not going to be able to be proved right or wrong. So everyone is going to believe what they want to believe. Politics as usual.

chadk66
09-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Did you make that up all by yourself? The sad part is you probably believe it. Do you think the Times would have published that OPED without knowing to a certainty who the author is? They know he/she is and they are not revealing that person's identity because that is what they have agreed to do. Why did the Times agree to this? Because they realized how important, how terrifying this information is.it's just as believable as anything that newspaper prints. these people have been caught lying so many times it's insane. yet there are dumb asses that believe the crap they print.

Tom
09-06-2018, 09:37 AM

So true.
The rhetoric is all that changes.
Those who bet on Trump are happy and pleased with the results.
All else is, frankly, LOSER BS.

Saratoga_Mike
09-06-2018, 09:39 AM
A government photographer edited official pictures of Donald Trump’s inauguration to make the crowd appear bigger following a personal intervention from the president, according to newly released documents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/06/donald-trump-inauguration-crowd-size-photos-edited

Does the FAKE news ever end? DJT would never worry about such a petty issue. He's secure and well grounded. So sad.

Tom
09-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Let's not forget, Woodward was nothing without Depp Throat.
He was not some supe investigative reporter.
He was spoon fed lead all the way.

It is funny the way the dems are so trying to relive Watergate.
Always looking backwards instead of forward.

Trump marches ON, dems march BACK. :lol:

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Washington Times editor Larry O'Connor...

https://twitter.com/LarryOConnor/status/1037539642231468032

Tom
09-06-2018, 10:13 AM
A government photographer edited official pictures of Donald Trump’s inauguration to make the crowd appear bigger following a personal intervention from the president, according to newly released documents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/06/donald-trump-inauguration-crowd-size-photos-edited

Does the FAKE news ever end? DJT would never worry about such a petty issue. He's secure and well grounded. So sad.

OK, that is it.
Impeach him!

Soo good of you to discover something that has never been done by any other president, either party. Good for you for your investigative skills and commitment to the truth.

:pound::pound::pound:

Tom
09-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Forgot one.....

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Forgot one.....

I agree...

What by your estimation is a reliable reporting source these days?

Tom
09-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Only one....Twitter!
No one lies on Twitter.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 11:39 AM
P

No, knucklehead (referring, of course, to Larry O’Connor-a public person I am allowed to insult) he used his knowledge to undermine a POTUS who was conspiring to cover up a crime.

MargieRose
09-06-2018, 11:45 AM
If any sane and rational persons were actually doing what this NYTs', so-called anonymous source has spewed, never would any of them have revealed their MO. LOGIC dictates that they would not want to put the president or anyone else on alert jeopardizing their ability to continue with what they perceive to be as saving this country from, in their opinion, an incompetent leader.

Personally, I do not believe: that the NYTs is an honest and unbiased publication; that this so-called anonymous source even exists; that the Op-Ed was actually written by a concerned, upper-level White House employee.

The timing of this Woodward book along with this NYT's Op-Ed is suspicious, to say the least.

"The logic of a conclusion or an argument is its quality of being correct and reasonable." I don't see the logic in any of this!

Nutz and Boltz
09-06-2018, 11:48 AM

Are you sure that isn't just photo of the area covered with ants ? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2018, 11:55 AM
If any sane and rational persons were actually doing what this NYTs', so-called anonymous source has spewed, never would any of them have revealed their MO. LOGIC dictates that they would not want to put the president or anyone else on alert jeopardizing their ability to continue with what they perceive to be as saving this country from, in their opinion, an incompetent leader.

Personally, I do not believe: that the NYTs is an honest and unbiased publication; that this so-called anonymous source even exists; that the Op-Ed was actually written by a concerned, upper-level White House employee.

The timing of this Woodward book along with this NYT's Op-Ed is suspicious, to say the least.

"The logic of a conclusion or an argument is its quality of being correct and reasonable." I don't see the logic in any of this!This is a solid point, and one ely should take into account when I asked him to think about what is happening lately.

I stand by my 90% BS claim, for reasons just like the one Margie states above. Common sense dictates that I must.

It's all just pretty much fake news designed to undermine this POTUS as much as humanly possible. They don't care how they do it at this point. It's all hands on deck desperation.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 12:05 PM
This is a solid point, and one ely should take into account when I asked him to think about what is happening lately.

I stand by my 90% BS claim, for reasons just like the one Margie states above. Common sense dictates that I must.

It's all just pretty much fake news designed to undermine this POTUS as much as humanly possible. They don't care how they do it at this point. It's all hands on deck desperation currently.

Not really...

We've seen dozens of leaks from this Administration of people actively talking the President off of a ledge, trying to influence him, or having to explain things in extremely simplistic terms.

Not invading Venezuela and Juncker's WH visit immediately come to mind.

Nutz and Boltz
09-06-2018, 12:16 PM
It's all just pretty much fake news designed to undermine this POTUS as much as humanly possible. They don't care how they do it at this point. It's all hands on deck desperation.

It goes with the territory. Limbaugh and commentators like him went after "Barry" mercilessly also. Of course, this is more widespread because of the liberal leanings of 80% of the media. A wise man once said "if you can't take the heat..." Politicians are all crybabies ! Man up, Trump and pay them no attention.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Not really...

We've seen dozens of leaks from this Administration of people actively talking the President off of a ledge, trying to influence him, or having to explain things in extremely simplistic terms.

Not invading Venezuela and Juncker's WH visit immediately come to mind.OK. Then you believe every leak coming out of the WH that is reported? There is nothing really to back these leaks up. They are always reported as anonymous sources.

You will admit that they could make up whatever they wish and cite anonymous sources and be done with it, correct? If the "anonymous source" remains anonymous (ie. doesn't exist) and never surfaces to confirm or deny the story, then the story will remain out there for all to see and read, and the reporting entity never gets taken to task for just making shit up out of thin air.

You agree this is indeed a possibility, correct?

You agree there has been intense hatred for Trump before he ever stepped foot into the White House and started making actual policy decisions, correct?

So why wouldn't they use this as a tool against him when it is just so easy to pull off?

Control the narrative as much as possible, using any means necessary. Mold the public consensus. It can be a VERY effective tool in the arsenal. It's also called propaganda, which you will admit, has been used for centuries to achieve a desired outcome.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 12:24 PM
OK. Then you believe every leak coming out of the WH that is reported? There is nothing really to back these leaks up. They are always reported as anonymous sources.

I don't believe every leak but there is a preponderance of this variety.

Smoke = Fire

Juncker even admitted he used 3 pages of graphs to completely reshape the President's opinion on trade in like 5 minutes...

Tom
09-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Liars = smoke

If someone is not taking it serious enough to put his name on it and stand by, why would anyone believe it?

WHITE HOUSE LEAKER REVEALED!

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Liars = smoke

If someone is not taking it serious enough to put his name on it ans stand by, why would anyone believe it?

These liars are Trump people... picked to serve in Trump's Administration....

Like what don't you believe?

John Kelly is lying and secretly loves his job?

Mattis' releases fake daily agenda's and doesn't go around talking to our allies after Trump speaks?

Tillerson didn't call the President a moron?

You have to take quite a leap to be able to say, "nah this is all fake..."

Tom
09-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Mattis' releases fake daily agenda's and doesn't go around talking to our allies after Trump speaks?

If the sources are anonymous, how do you know they are Trump people? And even if they rae, why do you just assume they are totally honest?

Quite a leap of faith to believe them without proof of their claims.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 01:06 PM
If the sources are anonymous, how do you know they are Trump people? And even if they rae, why do you just assume they are totally honest?

Quite a leap of faith to believe them without proof of their claims.

Those weren't anonymous sources I mentioned in the above post.

More:

Juncker: I used colorful charts and super short presentation because the President has a short attention span.

Pompeo: I'm excited to be going to North Korea... umm... wait... now I'm not I guess.

Look if everything negative is fake then that must mean that the current Administration has a monopoly on "truth." I'm certainly not willing to give that to a guy who I know has lied to me a shit load in the past few months.

I'm not willing to give that to anyone.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 01:23 PM

In order to properly use logic, one must be a logical person. That means seeing all sides of a situation. You wonder why the anonymous source would write the Op-Ed, thereby jeopardizing what he was trying to accomplish. The simplest, most logical explanation is that what he has been doing is no longer effective and he feels he must alert the public and more specifically Congress to what is going on.

Well then you should provide some examples of when and how the NYT has not been honest and unbiased. Such examples should not include Donald Trump saying the Times is lying. That is an example of Donald Trump lying. I want examples of the Times deliberately publishing false information either in its news feed or its editorials. Also do not include inaccurate information that was corrected in a timely matter. Everyone makes mistakes. I eagerly await a response that I fear will never come.

As to the anonymous writer of the Op-Ed, he is anonymous to you and me. He is not anonymous to the editors and Publishers of the New York Times. I am sure they vetted him and came to the conclusion that he was in a position to know the things he talked about and to do the things he says he did.

I don't think it is suspicious, but it could be deliberate. The writer could have seen the Woodward book as confirmation of what he already knew and submitted the Op-Ed at this time for that reason. It was not a Deep State conspiracy.

"The logic of a conclusion or an argument is its quality of being correct and reasonable." I don't see the logic in any of this!

For excellent examples of logic and reasoning, see any of my posts.

ReplayRandall
09-06-2018, 01:27 PM
For excellent examples of logic and reasoning, see any of my posts.

Mosty….Thanks for giving me a huge laugh from this post...:pound::lol::pound:

mostpost
09-06-2018, 01:29 PM

I was planning to say something similar. These people are working in the Trump administration because they are Trump fans. They believe in the Trump agenda. It has to be incredibly difficult for them to take these steps. And there has to be incredible danger to the country for them to feel the need to do so.
Mr. (or Ms.) Anon even said so in the Op-Ed.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Mosty….Thanks for giving me a huge laugh from this post...:pound::lol::pound:

My pleasure. Glad to see you can laugh at the truth.

ReplayRandall
09-06-2018, 01:33 PM
My pleasure. Glad to see you can laugh at the truth.

Good to know that not only are you "Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points", but possess the TRUTH as well.:cool:

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Those weren't anonymous sources I mentioned in the above post.

More:

Juncker: I used colorful charts and super short presentation because the President has a short attention span.

Pompeo: I'm excited to be going to North Korea... umm... wait... now I'm not I guess.

Look if everything negative is fake then that must mean that the current Administration has a monopoly on "truth." I'm certainly not willing to give that to a guy who I know has lied to me a shit load in the past few months.

I'm not willing to give that to anyone.I never said every leak is false.

Just 90%

OntheRail
09-06-2018, 01:54 PM
For excellent examples of logic and reasoning, see any of my posts.I

Here you asked about the NYT getting it wrong... Googles your Pal. About 3,420,000 results (0.56 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ny+times+retracts+story&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I agree with RR thanks for the chuckles.

upthecreek
09-06-2018, 02:34 PM
https://twitter.com/darhar981/status/1037707444330352640

upthecreek
09-06-2018, 02:40 PM
https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1037764619140583429

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 03:22 PM
What in the actual **** has happened to Rand Paul?

Rand Paul: Trump should use lie-detector tests to find anonymous op-ed author (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405408-rand-paul-trump-should-use-lie-detector-tests-to-find-anonymous-op-ed)

Burls
09-06-2018, 03:52 PM
I think I know who the anonymous author of the op-ed was. ....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmbciYLU0AAjl4h.jpg

Tom
09-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Good idea.
Anyone who refuses is fired.

Probably a good idea going forward to routinely interview all those in the WH employ under oath and lie detector.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Good idea.
Anyone who refuses is fired.

Probably a good idea going forward to routinely interview all those in the WH employ under oath and lie detector.

Yeah Nixon did the same thing...

Great idea...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is coming from the same Administration that doesn't want to let the President testify under oath out of fear he will perjure himself...

"Only the best people!"

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2018, 04:46 PM
What in the actual **** has happened to Rand Paul?

Rand Paul: Trump should use lie-detector tests to find anonymous op-ed author (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405408-rand-paul-trump-should-use-lie-detector-tests-to-find-anonymous-op-ed)He sees the light others are blind to?

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 04:48 PM
He sees the light others are blind to?

Amen:ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 04:51 PM
He sees the light others are blind to?

This one...?

https://images.dailykos.com/images/343817/story_image/Trump_Jesus.jpg?1482897139

The mental gymnastics you guys are gonna have to use to justify this is going to be epic...

Tom
09-06-2018, 04:53 PM
I love the smell of denial in the morning.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Amen:ThmbUp:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1a4b67f9bd15e0dab79aa231968fdafe/tenor.gif

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 05:00 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/1a4b67f9bd15e0dab79aa231968fdafe/tenor.gif

I see one whose cup is already full to the brim.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 05:01 PM
I see one whose cup is already full to the brim.

I think we should lie detector all of them!!!

Publicly...

How ya think that will pan out?

:lol::lol::lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 05:06 PM

Publicly...

You may have hit on something. Maybe we should require all candidates for political office to take lie detector tests? Only problem accomplished liars, believe their lies so no lies will be detected.:eek:

Tom
09-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Publicly...

Great idea.
Ever candidate tested live on TV.
Set ob basic questions, then specifics as applicable.
And for those elected, a repeat process annually.

I like it.

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Great idea.
Ever candidate tested live on TV.
Set ob basic questions, then specifics as applicable.
And for those elected, a repeat process annually.

I like it.

Honestly its a really stupid idea because after 90% of the cabinet positions he's filled are found to think he's a moron... it will look pretty bad.

But hey... that Woodward book titled Fear: Trump in the White House is all lies right... ;)

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Honestly its a really stupid idea because after 90% of the cabinet positions he's filled are found to think he's a moron... it will look pretty bad.

:)

You called your idea stupid:eek:

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 05:38 PM
You called your idea stupid:eek:

For Trump and his supporters...?

Yes.

I don't doubt the reports that people in the White House can't stand him. I don't really doubt the OP Ed. being at least mostly true.

You guys want to be gluttons for punishment and really find out how stupid, childish, and completely incompetent this guy is... go for it.

Hell he isn't even being allowed to testify under oath faith in him is so low.

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 05:40 PM

But hey... that Woodward book titled Fear: Trump in the White House is all lies right... ;)

Don't know, the accuser is anonymous, which is against our values of the accused having the right to face his accuser. A dependable free press should not promote anonymous sourced stories, as evidenced by NBC refusing to report the Weinstein scandal, because the source was anonymous. :D

elysiantraveller
09-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Don't know, the accuser is anonymous, which is against our values of the accused having the right to face his accuser. A dependable free press should not promote anonymous sourced stories, as evidenced by NBC refusing to report the Weinstein scandal, because the source was anonymous. :D

I've said before... we'll find out who he/she is eventually.

I still think Pence but my ultimate long-shot bet: Javanka

chadk66
09-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Don't know, the accuser is anonymous, which is against our values of the accused having the right to face his accuser. A dependable free press should not promote anonymous sourced stories, as evidenced by NBC refusing to report the Weinstein scandal, because the source was anonymous. :Despecially stories of this magnitude. If it was about Obama it would have never seen the light of day.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 06:45 PM
The accused has the right to face his accuser in court. If someone goes to the police and tells them he saw me robbing the stagecoach, I have no right to confront him at that point. Trump is not being impeached-so far. The 25th amendment is not being invoked-so far. When either of those starts to happen, then Trump will have the right to know.

So now you have decided that NBC is a dependable part of the press. That's quite a change. NBC runs plenty of stories based on anonymous sources. That is perfectly OK as long as they know who the source is and know how to evaluate his expertise on the subject and likelihood to be truthful on the matter.

Also, this was an Op-Ed, not a news story.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 06:47 PM
especially stories of this magnitude. If it was about Obama it would have never seen the light of day.

Because there would never be such a story about Obama. He is rational.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 06:51 PM

I see what you did. Javanka= Jared + Ivanka. I don't think that is a completely crazy possibility.

I doubt that it is Pence because he has too much to gain. Although he may be secretly rooting on whoever it was-for both personal and altruistic reasons.

jimmyb
09-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Because there would never be such a story about Obama. He is rational.
How irrational!!!

chadk66
09-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Because there would never be such a story about Obama. He is rational.:lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-06-2018, 06:54 PM
The accused has the right to face his accuser in court. If someone goes to the police and tells them he saw me robbing the stagecoach, I have no right to confront him at that point. Trump is not being impeached-so far. The 25th amendment is not being invoked-so far. When either of those starts to happen, then Trump will have the right to know.

So now you have decided that NBC is a dependable part of the press. That's quite a change. NBC runs plenty of stories based on anonymous sources. That is perfectly OK as long as they know who the source is and know how to evaluate his expertise on the subject and likelihood to be truthful on the matter.

Also, this was an Op-Ed, not a news story.

I said it goes against our values. I did not say it violated President Trump's constitutional rights. I even cited that a major news outlet refused to report on the Weinstein scandal, saying it is not responsible journalism to report stories based on anonymous accounts.

I know you are like a rock participating in a swimming contest, but you really sunk yourself on this attempt to explain to me my post on NBC's stated standard regarding journalism and our values.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 07:28 PM
I

Here you asked about the NYT getting it wrong... Googles your Pal. About 3,420,000 results (0.56 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ny+times+retracts+story&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I agree with RR thanks for the chuckles.

Pay attention. This is what I asked.
I want examples of the Times deliberately publishing false information either in its news feed or its editorials. Also do not include inaccurate information that was corrected in a timely matter.

What you presented was a list of mistakes or unintentional misinformation that was corrected in a timely manner.

Nutz and Boltz
09-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Newspaper article on "the suspects"...
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-white-house-whodunit-20180906-story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5YwZCGpm0

MargieRose
09-06-2018, 07:54 PM

I'll stand with what I said: There is NO anonymous, White House 'senior member' source for this particular Op Ed. We will find no one (from the WH), eventually.

An illusion and a seed was planted...NYTs', et al, mission accomplished. So now, every WH 'senior member' is suspicious of every other WH 'senior member,' let alone the president probably being suspicious of everyone. Maybe!

Beware of the illusion!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/business-commerce-divide-divide_and_conquer-conquest-conquered-interviews-msh0034_low.jpg

FantasticDan
09-06-2018, 07:58 PM
https://twitter.com/thechrisws/status/1037757096844918785

OntheRail
09-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Pay attention. This is what I asked.
I want examples of the Times deliberately publishing false information either in its news feed or its editorials. Also do not include inaccurate information that was corrected in a timely matter.

What you presented was a list of mistakes or unintentional misinformation that was corrected in a timely manner.

How do you know what is intentional or not... oh that's right you don't.

Buckeye
09-06-2018, 08:51 PM
#1 Pray!

#2 Speak Out.

#3 Arm up! and Get your concealed carry permit if you haven't already.

#4 Be as healthy as you can (you're going to need it).

#5 Learn a Martial Art such as Krav Maga.

Burls
09-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Good to know that not only are you "Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points", but possess the TRUTH as well.:cool:I, too, have zero rep points and wear it as a badge of honor.

ReplayRandall
09-06-2018, 09:23 PM
I, too, have zero rep points and wear it as a badge of honor.
I'm glad you're happy.....for now.

Burls
09-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Seriously, folks, if I was a betting man - which I am - I think I'd have to go with
White House Counsel Don McGahn as the person who anonymously sent in the op-ed.
I suspect he didn't write it by himself, but he was the one who handed it over.
He's on his way out anyway, so it's not as if he's got a lot to lose.
I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on this and what odds they are giving.

fast4522
09-06-2018, 10:41 PM
It is more likely Michael Moore was the guy who took out the ad.

mostpost
09-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Seriously, folks, if I was a betting man - which I am - I think I'd have to go with

That makes sense

mostpost
09-06-2018, 11:46 PM
It is more likely Michael Moore was the guy who took out the ad.
That does not.

davew
09-06-2018, 11:49 PM

I figure the odds are just as good that it was a total fabrication by the opinion editors on the paper from various 'leaked sources' ...

kind of like the FBI leaking information to the press and then using it in FISA warrants because they read it in the papers, confirming the information they also had.

Burls
09-07-2018, 12:57 AM
I figure the odds are just as good that it was a total fabrication by the opinion editors on the paper from various 'leaked sources' ...
kind of like the FBI leaking information to the press and then using it in FISA warrants because they read it in the papers, confirming the information they also had.

If I had to choose between the likelihood of the New York Times intentionally perpetrating a major fraud and wacky stuff going on in the Trump White House, I'm definitely going with the latter.

hcap
09-07-2018, 01:46 AM
After watching Trump at his Montana rally, I am beginning to suspect just like his right hand knows zero about what his left is doing, could be his paranoid schizophrenia...A person who has a condition on the schizophrenia spectrum may experience delusions and what is commonly known as paranoia. caused Chump to write the Times editorial himself.

Yes a long shot, but he fits the bill. :popcorn::popcorn:

JustRalph
09-07-2018, 02:13 AM
Executive order:

“Any and all Federal employee pay is withheld starting Sept 6th 2018 until the author of the NY Times Op Ed/article is revealed.”

They will know who it is before lunch time

hcap
09-07-2018, 02:20 AM
Executive order:

“Any and all Federal employee pay is withheld starting Sept 6th 2018 until the author of the NY Times Op Ed/article is revealed.”

They will know who it is before lunch time"Q" or you speaking?

elysiantraveller
09-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Executive order:

I think, deep down, we've always known...

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/bald-eagle-attacks-trump-photo-shoot-time-magazine-fb1.jpg

Clocker
09-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Executive order:

And beatings will continue until morale improves. :jump:

Show Me the Wire
09-07-2018, 01:00 PM

Okay, let's assume you are correct, it is Pence. Pence is allowing the President to do what is beneficial and stopping him from doing harmful things like not sanctioning the Russians.

Under your assumption, Pence must agree with the policies of tariffs, renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico and Canada. He agreed with entering into a bi-lateral Trade agreement with Mexico, without Canada. Agreed with negotiating a bi-lateral trade agreement with Canada containing the same exact terms as the agreement with Mexico and if that fails to impose trade tariffs on Canada.

So if Pence is appointed acting President, under the 25th Amendment the current policies about trade, negotiating with North Korea, travel bans, etc will not change under acting president Pence as he agreed with these policies, by allowing President Trump to execute them.

The same analysis applies to anyone else who has claimed this power to thwart the harmful policies, meaning current presidential policies will not be substantially changed.

BTW Trump would still be president and could resume his duties in the future.:ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
09-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Still can't completely verify that NYT op-ed piece is a mole letter penned by a USC student.....Turnitin.com did verify 100% plagiarism, just don't know who copied whom first. The NYT and the turnitin.com post are just too simultaneous. Who was the USC student? Who was the professor who received it? The timeline has to be taken apart, as this may be a nothing-burger.

upthecreek
09-07-2018, 03:48 PM
https://twitter.com/TWPundit/status/1038146475308593153

MargieRose
09-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Still can't completely verify that NYT op-ed piece is a mole letter penned by a USC student.....Turnitin.com did verify 100% plagiarism, just don't know who copied whom first. The NYT and the turnitin.com post are just too simultaneous. Who was the USC student? Who was the professor who received it? The timeline has to be taken apart, as this may be a nothing-burger.
Can you expand on this, please. From where did you come across this information?

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Can you expand on this, please. From where did you come across this information?It's on the Internets

Tom
09-07-2018, 04:04 PM
If the author is really serious about protecting the country from Trump, why write the oped? Why not keep quite and keep doing it?

Or, if he wants to take credit for being an American hero, why keep it anonymous?

Or, if it just some malcontent staffer with an ax to grind and no substance, wouldn't the way the op ed came to be fit perfectly?

Putting so much stock in an anonymous source seriously calls one's credibility into question.

Not that it applies to any of the fine, upstanding folks who post here, but out there......yowie! Lots of nutjobs running around.

ReplayRandall
09-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Can you expand on this, please. From where did you come across this information?
https://twitter.com/MightyCassandra/status/1037868831144898560
https://twitter.com/MightyCassandra/status/1037868861369008129

MargieRose
09-07-2018, 09:30 PM
WOW!...if this turns out to be true!

Thank you, ReplayRandall.

Tom
09-07-2018, 09:47 PM
I did not know Dan Rather was a student at USC?

hcap
09-08-2018, 01:20 AM
WOW!...if this turns out to be true!

Thank you, ReplayRandall.The operative words. "If" and "true" Based on Randall's track record on "Q", I would be highly skeptical.

woodtoo
09-08-2018, 11:23 AM
I am hearing the name ; Fiona Hill as the author. British born American foreign affairs specialist in Russian and Europe. Makes too much sense.:headbanger:

Fiona knows missing professor Joseph Mifsud, Ivan Timofeev also Director Brookings Institute.

woodtoo
09-08-2018, 11:33 AM
POTUS did say it was probably a woman. Fiona Hill is the gal.

woodtoo
09-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Fiona hired Pappadopoulos at Hudson Institute.

Nutz and Boltz
09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
There's definitely a rat causing trouble in Washington D.C....

https://nypost.com/2018/09/10/rat-yanks-fire-alarm-forces-building-evacuation/

davew
09-10-2018, 07:51 PM
The operative words. "If" and "true" Based on Randall's track record on "Q", I would be highly skeptical.

It does not matter which anonymous sources the NYT have used, their new NYTanon will probably have a much better record than the Q anon. Time will tell, for those alive long enough to see it.

chadk66
09-10-2018, 08:40 PM
If the author is really serious about protecting the country from Trump, why write the oped? Why not keep quite and keep doing it?

Or, if he wants to take credit for being an American hero, why keep it anonymous?

Or, if it just some malcontent staffer with an ax to grind and no substance, wouldn't the way the op ed came to be fit perfectly?

Putting so much stock in an anonymous source seriously calls one's credibility into question.

Not that it applies to any of the fine, upstanding folks who post here, but out there......yowie! Lots of nutjobs running around.I'll tell you why. Because it's phony.

chadk66
09-10-2018, 08:42 PM
Can you believe this. The NYT and the libs are once again going to eat a massive plate of Crow. Winning!

Tom
09-11-2018, 09:37 AM
NY TImes used to stand for something - not anymore.
It is a 100% questionable source.

cordoba
09-11-2018, 10:23 AM
The Resistance

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Resistance to winning...:lol::lol::pound::pound:

cordoba
09-11-2018, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJrFKnOspQ

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tom
09-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Well, WHO?

Or just another idiot trying to get on TV?

hcap
09-15-2018, 11:49 AM
The not sol stable "commander-in-chief"

Trump may push out defense chief Mattis because he won’t shower him with praise on Fox & Friends
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/trump-may-push-defense-chief-mattis-wont-shower-praise-fox-friends/

President Donald Trump has tuned out his national security staff and soured on Defense Secretary James Mattis because he has come to doubt his political loyalties.

As Trump has grown more confident as commander in chief, he has started making more decisions without the input of Mattis and other experienced staffers, reported the New York Times.

His relationship with the defense secretary, whom he once hailed as “Mad Dog” — a nickname the retired Marine Corps general hates — has soured in recent months, according to more than a dozen White House, congressional and current and former Defense Department officials interviewed over the past six weeks.

Trump has gotten tired of Mattis being described as the adult in the room, and he’s growing concerned the Cabinet official is a Democrat at heart, according to sources.

Mattis has balked at some Trump requests, such as slow-walking a ban on transgender troops and refusing to stop family members from accompanying troops deployed to South Korea.

Trump and Mattis have clashed in the last four months of NATO policy, large-scale military exercises in South Korea, and the president’s decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.

The president wants Mattis to be more of a cheerleader, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, but friends and aides say the defense secretary is not comfortable getting involved in political advocacy.

Tom
09-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Fact free - sound like an opinion piece.
Sources for the comments?

Most likely his arse.

elysiantraveller
09-15-2018, 01:47 PM

Most likely his arse.

Mattis holding meetings with NATO members immediately after Trump's summit comments lend credence to the "adult in the room" theory.

woodtoo
09-15-2018, 02:44 PM
New York Times can not be believed or taken seriously.

Tom
09-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Mattis holding meetings with NATO members immediately after Trump's summit comments lend credence to the "adult in the room" theory.

So you agree. opinion.

elysiantraveller
09-15-2018, 03:36 PM
So you agree. opinion.

I would say there is evidence Mattis and Trump are on the outs and he's considered the adult in the room.

hcap
09-15-2018, 03:53 PM

Most likely his arse.It's from the NY Times. Sort of reinforces Bob Woodward, Amarosa, the op ed piece, Fire and Fury, and all the other reporting backing up Rex Tillerson calling chumpy a moron

barahona44
09-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Well, WHO?

I think the author is Barron Trump, a seventh-grade English composition assignment gone horribly wrong.

hcap
09-15-2018, 04:53 PM
It's from the NY Times. Sort of reinforces Bob Woodward, Amarosa, the op ed piece, Fire and Fury, and all the other reporting backing up Rex Tillerson calling chumpy a moronWoodward is scared.

Bob Woodward says Trump fans should fear the ‘nervous breakdown’ in the White House
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/bob-woodward-says-trump-fans-fear-nervous-breakdown-white-house/

Bob Woodward believes even the strongest supporters of President Donald Trump would be alarmed if they witnessed the inner workings of the White House.

The veteran journalist and author said his new book, Fear, captures the same sense of chaos and backstabbing depicted in Michael Wolff’s book, Fire and Fury, although Woodward said he focused more on the decision-making process — or lack thereof, reported New York Magazine.

“I think (Wolff’s book) got the sociology largely right, the relationships and so forth,” Woodward said. “But 50 years from now what’s going to be important about the Trump presidency is what he does or doesn’t do, and if I’m right, as I believe I am, it’s a nervous breakdown.”

Woodward was clearly alarmed by what he witnessed inside the White House, and he said Trump supporters should be worried.

“Exactly what’s on display there, nervous breakdown,” he said. “Things are not connected. There is not … there is impulse, decisions. I think that the most ardent Trump supporter could read the book and not feel comfortable about the management and the staying the course. There’s not a team. You know, it’s a team of predators, or people who just disagree with the president.”

The author said there’s simply no other way to describe what’s going on in the executive branch.

“I think it’s accurate, and I think it’s demonstrated,” Woodward said. “This is kind of what I got. What’s the summary here? Nervous breakdown.”

Burls
09-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Most likely his arse.
Speaking of "Fact Free" what's become of the MightyCassandra scoop on the NYT?
Perhaps some posters's celebrations on that front were a tad premature.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Burls
09-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Woodward is scared.

Bob Woodward says Trump fans should fear the ‘nervous breakdown’ in the White House
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/bob-woodward-says-trump-fans-fear-nervous-breakdown-white-house/
“Exactly what’s on display there, nervous breakdown,” [Woodward] said. “Things are not connected. There is not … there is impulse, decisions. I think that the most ardent Trump supporter could read the book and not feel comfortable about the management and the staying the course. There’s not a team. You know, it’s a team of predators, or people who just disagree with the president.”
The author said there’s simply no other way to describe what’s going on in the executive branch.
“I think it’s accurate, and I think it’s demonstrated,” Woodward said. “This is kind of what I got. What’s the summary here? Nervous breakdown.”
The thing Woodward doesn't seem to fully appreciate here is that this kind of dishevelled operation is par for the course for Donnie Boy.
He's been a grifter all his life.
So was his father and so are his children.
Drumph is running the WH in exactly the same way that he has run all of his crooked businesses.
He's used to this kind of stuff.
That's why he insists that all Trump Organization employees sign non-disclosure agreements.
He tried to get them for the WH as well because he knew the day to day goings on would be the same as they have always been.
The whole operation is a complete mess, but that's fine as long as it all stays swept under the carpet.
Then you just deny, deny, deny ... .
It's the Trump way.

Tom
09-15-2018, 05:22 PM
That's why he insists that all Trump Organization employees sign non-disclosure agreements.

Very common - typical actually.
I signed them for every employer I had.
I had every customer or vendor who came to our floor sign one.
It is what we call BAU. Good business.

Maybe you never did because you never knew anything anyone would want to know? :lol::lol:

JustRalph
09-15-2018, 06:16 PM
The thing Woodward doesn't seem to fully appreciate here is that this kind of dishevelled operation is par for the course for Donnie Boy.
He's been a grifter all his life.
So was his father and so are his children.
Drumph is running the WH in exactly the same way that he has run all of his crooked businesses.
He's used to this kind of stuff.
He tried to get them for the WH as well because he knew the day to day goings on would be the same as they have always been.
The whole operation is a complete mess, but that's fine as long as it all stays swept under the carpet.
Then you just deny, deny, deny ... .
It's the Trump way.

You seem to know his businesses very well. Care to tell us what your personal experience is with his businesses? Do you really know? Or talking out ur ass?

In my experience the crooked ones don’t last. Now tell us how his father was a grifter. Please elaborate. Details please. You’ve made a huge statement. Now give us the facts, as you know them. It appears you know so much. It must be first hand knowledge, right? Fill us in.

Tom
09-15-2018, 06:19 PM
You seem to know his businesses very well. Care to tell us what your personal experience is with his businesses? Do you really know? Or talking out ur ass?

In my experience the crooked ones don’t last. Now tell us how his father was a grifter. Please elaborate. Details please. You’ve made a huge statement. Now give us the facts, as you know them. It appears you know so much. It must be first hand knowledge, right? Fill us in.

Yeah, what he said.
And staple it ot the list of all 3,000 death certs from PR.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Buckeye
09-15-2018, 07:03 PM
NY TImes used to stand for something

When was that?

I'd venture to guess never, unless you include when they stood very tall for Communism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-new-york-times-keeps-whitewashing-communisms-crimes/2017/11/10/129f28e0-c5c3-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html?utm_term=.dfb533893e77

"These are bad people," not to coin a phrase.

I used to buy the Sunday Edition of the paper back in 1980, and read it in it's entirety sitting on a park bench on Rittenhouse Square. I knew even then they had a distinctive point of view.

Buckeye
09-15-2018, 07:28 PM
"in its entirety," I should have said.

Why bother to be correct though?

Quality Control.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Everyone named in the Woodward book so far has come out and said what is written isn't true.

Funny how that works.

elysiantraveller
09-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Everyone named in the Woodward book so far has come out and said what is written isn't true.

Funny how that works.

Like Omorosa?

:lol:

Not really sure it's a bear you want to poke...

cordoba
09-15-2018, 08:33 PM
shhhhhhhhh "The Resistance"

Burls
09-15-2018, 09:56 PM

You want me to teach you?
Okay.
You can start off with this, boys.

Trump is a grifter, same as ever
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-is-a-grifter-same-as-ever/2018/05/02/5afa43d2-4e2f-11e8-84a0-458a1aa9ac0a_story.html?utm_term=.e3190bb5d5ae

And don't slack off.
There will be a quiz on this tomorrow.

FantasticDan
09-15-2018, 10:20 PM
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1041047255690747904

letswastemoney
09-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Very few Trump voters give a crap about this mystery NYT author or Woodward book. We're just annoyed it's slowing Trump down from doing his job.

Tom
09-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Yes, only the children are amused so far. :lol:

Like everyone interview has said it is al ie, but Ely throws out Osmosisrosis, or whoever the hell she is - as some sort of reliable source? :lol::lol:

Hey, SHE was noting but a reality TV star, too, but SHE got fired from it!

You guys are a gas sometimes......almost as if you knew what you were talking about.

Clocker
09-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Hey, SHE was noting but a reality TV star, too, but SHE got fired from it!

Trump fired her three times from his various "reality" TV shows, and then hired her for a White House job? And he is supposed to be the business genius? :pound:

ElKabong
09-16-2018, 12:30 AM
You want me to teach you?
Okay.
You can start off with this, boys.

Trump is a grifter, same as ever
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-is-a-grifter-same-as-ever/2018/05/02/5afa43d2-4e2f-11e8-84a0-458a1aa9ac0a_story.html?utm_term=.e3190bb5d5ae

And don't slack off.
There will be a quiz on this tomorrow.

The quiz was held in November 2016. Apparently you were asleep on the couch that day with a bag of cheetos on your lap. Pity.

sammy the sage
09-16-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm still WAITING for the people whose paperwork/bills/decrees/ and whatever else WAS supposed to have been signed but SUPPOSEDLY wasn't because it was removed...to COME forward and complain....BUT...

Were THOSE people removed too...???:rolleyes::eek::faint:....just silence from them...:rip::coffee: :popcorn::coffee:

hcap
09-16-2018, 11:16 AM
The not sol stable "commander-in-chief"

Trump may push out defense chief Mattis because he won’t shower him with praise on Fox & Friends
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/trump-may-push-defense-chief-mattis-wont-shower-praise-fox-friends/

President Donald Trump has tuned out his national security staff and soured on Defense Secretary James Mattis because he has come to doubt his political loyalties.

As Trump has grown more confident as commander in chief, he has started making more decisions without the input of Mattis and other experienced staffers, reported the New York Times.

His relationship with the defense secretary, whom he once hailed as “Mad Dog” — a nickname the retired Marine Corps general hates — has soured in recent months, according to more than a dozen White House, congressional and current and former Defense Department officials interviewed over the past six weeks.

.............More on Chumpy's paranoia. How can the PA "never say Trump die" contingent not realize the insanity that is so rampant right in front of their noses?

Report: Trump Is Worried Mattis Is Secretly A Democrat
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-paranoid-mattis-secretly-democrat

The relationship between President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary James Mattis has deteriorated to the point where Trump is worried that Mattis is secretly a Democrat, according to a Saturday New York Times story.

While Trump still publicly stands by his defense secretary, the Times paints a picture of a president who is increasingly resentful of Mattis’ apolitical stance and the perception that Mattis is the only adult in the room.

Tom
09-16-2018, 11:18 AM
More on Chumpy's paranoia. How can the PA "never say Trump die" contingent not realize the insanity that is so rampant right in front of their noses?

A. We have lives
B. We have Brains
C. NFC
D. All of the above

hcap
09-16-2018, 11:32 AM
A. We have lives
B. We have Brains
C. NFC
D. All of the aboveI did not ask why the "Trump diehard sheeple" contingent never admit their own insanity, I asked why the "never say Trump die" contingent not realize Chumpy's paranoid insanity right in front of their noses?

Tom
09-16-2018, 11:33 AM
I did not ask why the "Trump diehard sheeple" contingent never admit their own insanity, I asked why the "never say Trump die" contingent not realize Chumpy's paranoid insanity right in front of their noses?

A. We have lives
B. We have Brains
C. NFC
D. All of the above

Tom
09-16-2018, 11:34 AM
hcap, you want us to thing like you.
Most of us cannot. :lol:

hcap
09-16-2018, 11:38 AM
hcap, you want us to thing like you.
Most of us cannot. :lol:Yeah first you have to learn how to spell think

Tom
09-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Now you feel better?
:rolleyes:

fast4522
09-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Now you feel better?
:rolleyes:

It is far better to just wait him out Tom.

hcap
09-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Now you feel better?
:rolleyes:Watching you guys squirm like worms on a rusty hook, always makes me feel better.

I strongly expect a whole lot of squirming after November:rolleyes::rolleyes:

chrisl
09-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Watching you guys squirm like worms on a rusty hook, always makes me feel better.

The only one I see squirming on here is you..24/7..Non stop. Their are a few others, but they do make some honest points, occasionally.

hcap
09-16-2018, 12:16 PM
The only one I see squirming on here is you..24/7..Non stop. Their are a few others, but they do make some honest points, occasionally.More like smiling, thinking of all the I told you so's we will be able to post about subpoenas, inquiries and impeachment, after November

chrisl
09-16-2018, 11:29 PM
More like smiling, thinking of all the I told you so's we will be able to post about subpoenas, inquiries and impeachment, after November

You just made my point.

davew
09-17-2018, 12:40 AM
Watching you guys squirm like worms on a rusty hook, always makes me feel better.

What is it about dims that makes them think they have the upper hand? Watching guys squirm on a rusty hook?

hcap
09-17-2018, 08:50 AM
What is it about dims that makes them think they have the upper hand? Watching guys squirm on a rusty hook?The dismal new, and polls for Chumpy for one.

The growing reluctance of some repuhs to back him up on his absurdities for two.

Tom
09-17-2018, 09:44 AM
It is far better to just wait him out Tom.

He is far too delusional and unbalanced to bother with.
I am thinking maybe he fall under the "if you see something say something" guidelines. Never what he might do when Trump is not impeached.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Like Omorosa?

:lol:

Not really sure it's a bear you want to poke...I should have qualified my statement. Instead of "everyone" I should have said "the important folks"