PDA

View Full Version : Bob Woodward

Burls
09-05-2018, 01:11 AM
Get ready for a TWITTER TANTRUM!

The best part of it all:
After the Trump Team trashed Micheal Wolff's Fire and Fury when it came out on January 5 2018, Bob Woodward made sure to tape record all of his interviews so that, if pressed, he could substantiate his assertions.

And he's got HUNDREDS OF HOURS of tapes.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:: pound::pound::pound:

sour grapes
09-05-2018, 08:18 AM
big deal.trump being called an idiot is a step up from tillerson calling him a moron.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 08:49 AM
I hope he plays the tape of Gary Cohn saying he swiped papers off of Trump's desk before he could sign them.

reckless
09-05-2018, 09:06 AM
The timing is all wrong in releasing exerts of yet another piece of fiction by Bob Woodward. I would have figured this would have been released before the next GDP economic report, which should come in at or near 5 friggin' per cent !!

Anyhow, who in their right mind believes Bob Woodward?

Oh the hate Trumpers will believe but they have no credibity. The media will believe because they are ... the media. They are equally dishonest, patently corrupt and most of all stupid. They actually look up to Woodward, hard to believe. Just like the dolts who read them and watch them on TV.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Next thing you know, they'll have Bernstein out there saying "This is worse than Watergate..."

Oh wait...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lamboguy
09-05-2018, 09:38 AM
The timing is all wrong in releasing exerts of yet another piece of fiction by Bob Woodward. I would have figured this would have been released before the next GDP economic report, which should come in at or near 5 friggin' per cent !!

Anyhow, who in their right mind believes Bob Woodward?

Oh the hate Trumpers will believe but they have no credibity. The media will believe because they are ... the media. They are equally dishonest, patently corrupt and most of all stupid. They actually look up to Woodward, hard to believe. Just like the dolts who read them and watch them on TV. i think a better question is who believes any of them, Democrats, Republican's, liberals, conservatives, or the media from either side.

my story is that i went to vote in the primary election yesterday in Mass. i am in the district that had Capuano as its congressman. they had a guy running for Secretary of State that i wanted to vote for. i am registered as a Republican and they wouldn't let me vote on the Democrat side. i guess i understood that and had no problem with it, its the first time i had ever tried to vote in a primary. but in line there was another guy that was a Republican, the guy was originally from the Republic of Georgia, and they gave the man a real hard time and wouldn't give him a ballot and basically told him to take a hike. they put this guy through so much misery that i doubt he ever comes back to vote again ever.

in the regular elections they let you vote as anyone that you want, in the past i voted for Clinton, Gore and Obama vs. Romney. i voted for the Republican guy every other time since Nixon.

davew
09-05-2018, 10:14 AM
i think a better question is who believes any of them, Democrats, Republican's, liberals, conservatives, or the media from either side.

my story is that i went to vote in the primary election yesterday in Mass. i am in the district that had Capuano as its congressman. they had a guy running for Secretary of State that i wanted to vote for. i am registered as a Republican and they wouldn't let me vote on the Democrat side. i guess i understood that and had no problem with it, its the first time i had ever tried to vote in a primary. but in line there was another guy that was a Republican, the guy was originally from the Republic of Georgia, and they gave the man a real hard time and wouldn't give him a ballot and basically told him to take a hike. they put this guy through so much misery that i doubt he ever comes back to vote again ever.

in the regular elections they let you vote as anyone that you want, in the past i voted for Clinton, Gore and Obama vs. Romney. i voted for the Republican guy every other time since Nixon.

The Republic of Georgia used to be part of the Russian empire. It is good they did not let a Russian meddle with their election. (or are you saying he is now a US resident?)

Bob Woodward may have hundreds of hours of tapes, but only a 5 minute phone call with Trump.

Burls
09-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Bob Woodward may have hundreds of hours of tapes, but only a 5 minute phone call with Trump.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-woodward-call

It's already started: Trump lies, as is his way, and Woodward has a tape proving that Trump lied.:popcorn:
President Donald Trump on Tuesday told The Daily Caller that he was never “given messages” that famed reporter Bob Woodward had tried to contact him to interview him for his new book about the Trump White House, and claimed he “probably would have spoken to him if he’d called.”

Instead of just wasting time with he said / he said, why not just release a tape of the call? So he did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tom
09-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Does that fall under high crimes or misdemeanors? :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 11:30 AM
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-woodward-call

It's already started: Trump lies, as is his way, and Woodward has a tape proving that Trump lied.:popcorn:
President Donald Trump on Tuesday told The Daily Caller that he was never “given messages” that famed reporter Bob Woodward had tried to contact him to interview him for his new book about the Trump White House, and claimed he “probably would have spoken to him if he’d called.”

Instead of just wasting time with he said / he said, why not just release a tape of the call? So he did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:Ummmm...but Woodward never did call Trump for an interview...that transcript was after the fact, with Woodward EXPLAINING to Trump all these times he tried to get in contact with him for the book, but was never able to get through.

Not seeing this proof of Trump lying. I'm sure it's there, but this transcript doesn't in fact prove any such thing.

Of course, I'm sure I'm missing something YUGELY obvious...because of bias of course.

Burls
09-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Ummmm...but Woodward never did call Trump for an interview...that transcript was after the fact, with Woodward EXPLAINING to Trump all these times he tried to get in contact with him for the book, but was never able to get through.

Not seeing this proof of Trump lying. I'm sure it's there, but this transcript doesn't in fact prove any such thing.

Of course, I'm sure I'm missing something YUGELY obvious...because of bias of course.
Ummmmmm
Doofus Drumph said he would have spoken to Woodward had he called.
Woodward did call.
They did speak.
Drumph lied - big surprise there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfHA8H5X4AEo-4k.jpg

Fred Mertz
09-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Woodward did call.
They did speak.
Drumph lied - big surprise there.

The recorded call was conducted after the book was completed.

Woodward was unsuccessful getting past White House handlers to Trump while working on the book.

See PA Mike's reply above. He says the same thing.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 12:08 PM
This book is nothing but slanderous libel lies!!!!

If...

We changed the libel laws... :lol::lol::lol:

The President could, of course, sue all these accounts in court... and lose... but he can't do that because it would actually drag all of the stuff out.

You really can't make the shit up that comes out of his mouth.

Trump suggests changes to libel laws over Woodward book (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405102-trump-suggests-changes-to-libel-laws-over-woodward-book)

But of course... you guys are right... its all lies. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Nobody said it's ALL lies.

More fake news.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Nobody said it's ALL lies.

More fake news.

Except people in this thread... other threads... Cabinet Members... the Administration... the President...

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Except people in this thread... other threads... Cabinet Members... the Administration... the President...

This whole "I got the inside skinny" book crap, is nothing but short lived BS.....Shelf life with this nonsense will expire by this Friday....Next.

Public release on Sept 11th will be DOA...….:pound::lol::pound::lol::pound:

hcap
09-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Next thing you know, they'll have Bernstein out there saying "This is worse than Watergate..."

Oh wait...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:The gods of liberalism have answered you.

Save the Country from this Moron!': Watergate Reporter Warns that Trump's Presidency Is a 'Horror Show' and Calls on John Kelly to Resign
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/save-country-moron-watergate-reporter-warns-trumps-presidency-horror-show-and

Famed Watergate-era reporter Carl Bernstein expressed deep concern and fear on CNN Tuesday about the ongoing calamity that is President Donald Trump's administration. Bernstein spoke with host Brooke Baldwin about his former reporting partner Bob Woodward's new book that reveals a devastating view of incompetence and recklessness in the Trump White House.

"I think that the most important thing that we see in Bob's reporting is that the people closest to the president of the United States in the White House and in his presidency see their job as to protect the nation and the world from Donald Trump," Bernstein said. "It's an extraordinary thing. The only previous time that I know of that it's happened in our history is in the closing days of the Nixon presidency. This has been true throughout the Trump presidency: Save the country from the president of the United States! Page after page after page. Mattis: Save the country from this moron!"

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Except people in this thread... other threads... Cabinet Members... the Administration... the President...So Woodward doesn't have any of these guys directly saying to him what Woodward claims they said and did.

These are all mostly second-hand accounts, told to Woodward by a third party, correct?

Has anyone asked Gary Cohn if he removed papers from Trump's desk that he might have been looking to sign "in order to save the country/word?"

I just did a search...apparently not.

I wonder if he will confirm or deny this story...maybe he already has and I missed it?

Haven't Kelly & Mattis already denied what is written about them in the book?

thaskalos
09-05-2018, 02:04 PM
This whole "I got the inside skinny" book crap, is nothing but short lived BS.....Shelf life with this nonsense will expire by this Friday....Next.

Public release on Sept 11th will be DOA...….:pound::lol::pound::lol::pound:

Your prophecies on this board don't exactly carry a stellar track record. Just sayin....

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Your prophecies on this board don't exactly carry a stellar track record. Just sayin....

At either 11:11 AM or PM, I'm bound to be right by pure randomness..;)

Marshall Bennett
09-05-2018, 03:40 PM
A lot of bullshit, like much of what he's written in the past. It did however make ABC's #2 news-story last night after the hurricane. They're all over it. They're making it huge..nearly as big as Storny "the whore" Daniels. Reporter Cecelia Vega is ABC's news-whore they put on such jaw-dropping stories. She carries with her that angry bitter liberal look that wants to pile-drive Trump on a concrete slab.

reckless
09-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Bob Woodward also wrote ... that William Casey made a deathbed confession to him about Iran-Contra. A lie said Casey's daughter. Never happened.

Bob Woodward also wrote ... that Richard Nixon asked Henry Kissinger to kneel down with him and pray to God. I think Nixon was supposedly half-naked at he time, heaven help us, according to Woodward. Kissinger denied everything.

Even his Washington Post reporting and subsequent book that made Woodward very wealthy about All the Presidents Men were filled with lies, damned lies and plain ol' fiction.

The 'flower pot' situation as a source was questioned by his own boss, Ben Bradlee, who let it go because he (Bradlee) was a Nixon hater too.

I could actually go further with more examples of Woodward lies, fiction and b---s but we've spent too much time with this fake, phony and fraud. He's a career liar who knows he's over and done with as a credible writer (along with Carl Bernstein).

General James Mattis, a career patriot, calls out Woodward too.

... "The contemptuous words about the President attributed to me in Woodward’s book were never uttered by me or in my presence. While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature, and his anonymous sources do not lend credibility,” Mattis said in a statement.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/04/jim-mattis-calls-woodward-book-fiction-product-of-someones-rich-imagination/

buzzy
09-05-2018, 04:27 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

MargieRose
09-05-2018, 05:12 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
From the NYTs? Really? :rolleyes:

Another anonymous source? Did he/she actually put this down in writing and sign it? Or, if it was a recording from a distance, was the anonymous person verified in person? Prove it! :rolleyes:

The book and this NYT's miracle revelation comes out two months before the midterms? :rolleyes:

Commenters to the article all espousing Trump hate and expanding that to the whole Republican party? :rolleyes:

Come on...I DON'T believe a word of it! Total BS!!

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 05:32 PM
From the NYTs? Really? :rolleyes:

Another anonymous source? Did he/she actually put this down in writing and sign it? Or, if it was a recording from a distance, was the anonymous person verified in person? Prove it! :rolleyes:

The book and this NYT's miracle revelation comes out two months before the midterms? :rolleyes:

Commenters to the article all espousing Trump hate and expanding that to the whole Republican party? :rolleyes:

Come on...I DON'T believe a word of it! Total BS!!

Margie, are you related to Grits?...;)

OntheRail
09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
I hope he plays the tape of Gary Cohn saying he swiped papers off of Trump's desk before he could sign them.

Yes Theft of Governmental Property... Borderline treasonous actions. Makes one wonder what other things have been taken or left?

MargieRose
09-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Margie, are you related to Grits?...;)
http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/thinking/hmm.gif

ReplayRandall
09-05-2018, 05:48 PM
http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/thinking/hmm.gif

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=4066

MargieRose
09-05-2018, 05:58 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=4066
I know that Grits is a member here, but I don't understand what you mean...so sorry! :blush:

elysiantraveller
09-05-2018, 06:24 PM
"Only the best people..."