PDA

View Full Version : suspicious race #1 Saratoga final race day

ZippyChippy423
09-04-2018, 08:30 AM
The connections ( about 20 family, friends etc)of Fly Away Birdie were all waiting inside winners circle area before race even took off. It wasnt like the horse was a 1/5 favorite to win ,the horse was second choice in odds. At the very least a tacky thing to do and Saratoga should not allow it. So this all makes it very suspicious and maybe the race was fixed.

sour grapes
09-04-2018, 08:43 AM
yes take away their license,did they have tin foil hats on too?:lol:

cj
09-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Come on, where are they supposed to wait, the 3rd floor of the clubhouse? Out by the spring?

ZippyChippy423
09-04-2018, 08:52 AM
No you dont get it. They were all inside the winners circle
area. What about all of the other connections of the other horses in the race? BTW this was the first time i have ever seen any connections in the winners
circle prior to start of race at TOGA. Shady to say the least. Oh and i loved the horse to win and singled in my pick 5 but still shady.

Tom
09-04-2018, 09:50 AM
The Power of Positive Thinking at work!

wisconsin
09-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Well Casse's wife, Tina, was the owner. They knew the horse was good. That's why they shipped it in. Nothing wrong with that.

AskinHaskin
09-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Next thing you know, this guy won't allow various hangers-on and remotely-tangent, potential winner's circle guests to comb their hair prior to a race (as is the long-time tradition relating to jinxing the chances of any particular horse in any particular race).

And hey, when this guy's in charge maybe horse owners with physical disabilities will no longer be allowed to watch the races in which they have a horse going, very near to the winner's circle just in case...

(that'll keep the area clear for the Stoopers to reign once again)

AltonKelsey
09-04-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm just sorry he's revealed one of the best edges in the game.

14 for the last 16 , 3.55 roi

v j stauffer
09-04-2018, 04:29 PM
No you dont get it. They were all inside the winners circle
area. What about all of the other connections of the other horses in the race? BTW this was the first time i have ever seen any connections in the winners
circle prior to start of race at TOGA. Shady to say the least. Oh and i loved the horse to win and singled in my pick 5 but still shady.

Ah HAH. So you were in on it!! :confused: Just curious where were you standing when the race was running? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Zydeco
09-04-2018, 04:42 PM
I'm just sorry he's revealed one of the best edges in the game.

14 for the last 16 , 3.55 roi

That is funny!

biggestal99
09-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I remember the time I was standing near Arlington park’s winners circle. All the others stood away. But I was ready. 9-2 third choice. Bang sits the golden trip on the wood behind quitting speed. Rails opens up like the Red Sea and mark Guidry urges her on. I climbed the winners circle fence that day. Everyone around me was thinking who is that crazy man. I was first into the winners circle that day.

So no didn’t go into the winners circle ahead of time.

Allan

thaskalos
09-04-2018, 05:31 PM
The Power of Positive Thinking at work!

I must be doing it wrong then. When I get first in line so I can be the first to collect as the horses are still running the race...my selection never finishes in the money.

v j stauffer
09-04-2018, 05:41 PM
I must be doing it wrong then. When I get first in line so I can be the first to collect as the horses are still running the race...my selection never finishes in the money.

Once upon a time I owned a horse running at Golden Gate. Can still remember his name. Captain Skyhawk. Trained by Steve Myadi. I was standing near the jocks room watching the race with my partner on TV. He was 1-2 and ten in front turning for home. Bart Snyder aboard.My partner says "lets go to the winners circle" I turned and started walking to my car. :puke:

VigorsTheGrey
09-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Once upon a time I owned a horse running at Golden Gate. Can still remember his name. Captain Skyhawk. Trained by Steve Myadi. I was standing near the jocks room watching the race with my partner on TV. He was 1-2 and ten in front turning for home. Bart Snyder aboard.My partner says "lets go to the winners circle" I turned and started walking to my car. :puke: So did your horse win or not..?

chenoa
09-05-2018, 12:34 AM
The connections ( about 20 family, friends etc)of Fly Away Birdie were all waiting inside winners circle area before race even took off. It wasnt like the horse was a 1/5 favorite to win ,the horse was second choice in odds. At the very least a tacky thing to do and Saratoga should not allow it. So this all makes it very suspicious and maybe the race was fixed.

Happens in Harness Racing all the time.

SOMEBODY ALWAYS KNOWS!!!!;)

v j stauffer
09-05-2018, 03:11 AM
So did your horse win or not..?

No. When she said that I didn't bother watching the rest of the race. Headed for the car and headed across the bridge for home.

ZippyChippy423
09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
For Vic S...... I was standing behind fence in back of winners circle. I try to do that a few times during meet to get on TV lol. Anyway the winning horses connections about 15 adults and 3 kids were inside the winners circle 10 min before race went off. If nothing at all it was still strange and presumptious.

v j stauffer
09-07-2018, 04:26 AM
For Vic S...... I was standing behind fence in back of winners circle. I try to do that a few times during meet to get on TV lol. Anyway the winning horses connections about 15 adults and 3 kids were inside the winners circle 10 min before race went off. If nothing at all it was still strange and presumptious.

I get that. They must have had some serious pull with the guards or management or had a couple in their party that were either very old or handicapped.

I agree it's not the greatest look in the world.

AskinHaskin
09-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Once upon a time I owned a horse running at Golden Gate. Can still remember his name. Captain Skyhawk. Trained by Steve Myadi. I was standing near the jocks room watching the race with my partner on TV. He was 1-2 and ten in front turning for home. Bart Snyder aboard.My partner says "lets go to the winners circle" I turned and started walking to my car. :puke:

Uh, Captain Skyhawk wasn't even alive when Bart Snyder rode at Golden Gate.

Jason Lumpkins, maybe?

AskinHaskin
09-10-2018, 09:04 PM

And none of those people were, say, honorary stewards ??

v j stauffer
09-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Uh, Captain Skyhawk wasn't even alive when Bart Snyder rode at Golden Gate.

Jason Lumpkins, maybe?

Maybe you're right. Steve Myadi would remember.

ZippyChippy423
09-11-2018, 06:47 AM
No they were not honorary stewards. I talked to two of the group while i stood behind the winners circle. I asked who they were rooting for to win and one women blurted out Fly Birdie Fly. The other lady next to her said they owned the horse. I should have asked them if they had a crystal ball lol.

wisconsin
09-11-2018, 11:54 AM
No they were not honorary stewards. I talked to two of the group while i stood behind the winners circle. I asked who they were rooting for to win and one women blurted out Fly Birdie Fly. The other lady next to her said they owned the horse. I should have asked them if they had a crystal ball lol.

Casse's wife. Shipper from Woodbine on closing day. What other tip did you need?