PDA

View Full Version : NIKE: Just knee it!

woodtoo
09-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Inspirational Colin Kaepernick is the new face of the brand. For social justice warrior athletes. Good luck with that.

highnote
09-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Inspirational Colin Kaepernick is the new face of the brand. For social justice warrior athletes. Good luck with that.

Donald Trump wrote in his book Art of the Deal: "Bad publicity is better than no publicity."

The executives at Nike know exactly what they're doing.

woodtoo
09-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Donald Trump wrote in his book Art of the Deal: "Bad publicity is better than no publicity."

Are they shorting their stock.

Secondbest
09-03-2018, 10:17 PM
I will no longer buy anything made by nike.

ElKabong
09-03-2018, 11:50 PM

Same here. Have worn out many a pair of air Pegasus running shoes, no way I'll purchase another pair, nor any of their attire.

Inner Dirt
09-04-2018, 03:44 AM
Pathetic how some try to make this clown some kind of hero. Saying crap like

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything."

about him is a laughable joke. At the time he "sacrificed everything" he was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert and was demanding a trade that had few takers , none offering more than a 4th rounder and demanding his pay cut to that of a bottom 5 starter. He had long since been exposed as a flash in the pan.

rastajenk
09-04-2018, 06:38 AM
As they say over at Instapundit, "Get woke, go broke."

davew
09-04-2018, 08:24 AM

I am sure they do. They must have TOO much business if they can throw away 30% of American market.

The entire town of Red Hen is feeling aftermath.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/3/red-hen-sarah-sanders-service-refusal-hurts-touris/

Inner Dirt
09-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Strange that Nike with all the NFL deals they have would sign a guy who is suing the NFL. I do not see how that isn't a stupid move.

Tom
09-04-2018, 10:11 AM
What percentage is Colin donating to social causes?
Isn't THIS the golden opportunity he has been crying for?

HE no has the opportunity to step up biggly and dom some MAJOR good, set some MAJOR example, raise the bar for all rich people.

Or will he just take another knee and (the cash?)

Be interesting to see if he walks as good as he stoops.
Or is he just another knee-jerk?

Hank
09-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Dam Nike blew this one. Didn't they get the memo that old white racist dominate the shoe game.They are finished.

woodtoo
09-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Shares dropped over $3 each chopping $4.5 million er BILLION off the companies market cap in one fell swoosh!

Tom
09-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Dam Nike blew this one. Didn't they get the memo that old white racist dominate the shoe game.They are finished.

See post 10 - let's see if he has been sincere about helping or just another blowhard looking a for quick cash.

Talk is cheap.

Tom
09-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Shares dropped over $3 each chopping $4.5 million er BILLION off the companies market cap in one fell swoosh!

Uh oh, those old white racists are cashing out.:eek:

Clocker
09-04-2018, 11:54 AM
From the responses here, it appears that this could cause Nike to lose the old white guy segment of the sneaker market. Perhaps they knew that? Perhaps they didn't care?

Some interesting facts in this article. Nike has had Kaepernick under contract for some years now, but waited until now to use him. And the target audience is...?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/did_nike_make_a_huge_nfllike_mistake_embracing_col in_kaepernick.html

Marshall Bennett
09-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Strange that Nike with all the NFL deals they have would sign a guy who is suing the NFL. I do not see how that isn't a stupid move.
You'll find most companies staffed and managed by the left make stupid moves. Is just their nature. :)

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 12:04 PM
You'll find most companies staffed and managed by the left make stupid moves. Is just their nature. :)

Exhibit 1A: White House

hcap
09-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Exhibit 1A: White HouseNo leftie ever supported the dumb ass in the WH

We threw him out of the dem party long before he seduced the repugs.

highnote
09-04-2018, 12:54 PM

I am certain they anticipated that they would lose sales in some market segments with such a controversial campaign.

They are a multi-billion dollar marketing company. They know their demographics. They have probably done a lot of marketing research, marketing studies, surveys, and studied their target markets and demographics.

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 01:00 PM
No leftie ever supported the dumb ass in the WH

We threw him out of the dem party long before he seduced the repugs.

He's a leftie... just not you're brand.

FantasticDan
09-04-2018, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/thedweck/status/1036781699500130304

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/JamesAGagliano/status/1036725136693633024

hcap
09-04-2018, 01:57 PM
He's a leftie... just not you're brand.No, not any leftie's brand. Which lefty's ever supported him? He blew it totally with the Obama birther crap and his full page ad for locking up the Central Park five, innocent teenagers accused of assaulting and raping in the Central Park jogger case

He is a showman and a opportunist. A tv entertainer and conspiracy theorist.

The last two, probably why he has succeeded in seducing a bunch of repugs and most of PA OT.

FantasticDan
09-04-2018, 02:41 PM
https://twitter.com/TPVTrevor/status/1036753242082955270

Tom
09-04-2018, 03:39 PM
And the target audience is...?

Scumbags who worship other scumbags who wear socks promoting killing cops.

Tom
09-04-2018, 03:45 PM
When you can’t find a cross

Gee Danny, you upset because the PIG socks were burned?'
You should go out right now and flag down the first cop car you see and give them boys a piece of your mind. MAKE them listen!

TJDave
09-04-2018, 04:54 PM
From the responses here, it appears that this could cause Nike to lose the old white guy segment of the sneaker market.

If they made a $39.95 Velcro model i’d be all over that.

thaskalos
09-04-2018, 05:00 PM
If they made a $39.95 Velcro model i’d be all over that.

And, if it came with extra arch-support...I'd be willing to go up to $44.99 :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM

What took you so long? I boycotted Nike in the late 80's when that POS Michael Jordan started bad mouthing the Pistons whining his way to a title.

This almost makes me wanna re-consider but cant. Mike. Sucks.

PhantomOnTour
09-04-2018, 06:38 PM

They have a ten year contract with the NFL.
That's probably not very lucrative, right?

thaskalos
09-04-2018, 06:52 PM

True. I hope Phil Knight doesn't go broke because of this. :ThmbUp:

reckless
09-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Let's not forget ... thanks to this ill-fated move, when Nike sales take a hit, large or small, they will blame the Trump Tariffs for the drop.

Clocker
09-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Let's not forget ... thanks to this ill-fated move, when Nike sales take a hit, large or small, they will blame the Trump Tariffs for the drop.

Trump put tariffs on sneakers from Oregon? :eek:

Good. About time we showed those left-coast pinkos who's running this country.

Dave Schwartz
09-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Nike will take no hit whatsoever.

Sure, many of us will never buy a Nike again, but guess what? Whatever sales they lose from us will be more than made up for from the people who LIKE what Kaepernick stands for.

In fact, I'd expect that they will increase market share substantially by distinguishing themselves from the competition.

This was a business move, pure and simple.

And it will make Nike big money.

Not from me. Not from cops. Not from a lot of other people. Sadly, our opinions don't matter.

Kind of like horse racing.

Had a guy say to me (on a different topic), "Who gives a f**k what a bunch of old men think?"

PhantomOnTour
09-04-2018, 08:38 PM
What Dave said !

All you stodgy old buzzards getting upset are forgetting one thing:
You are not their target audience, and they really don't care what you think.
Most of you, like me, haven't bought athletic apparel in years.

For the record; I wear Adidas LOLOLOLOL

thaskalos
09-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Had a guy say to me (on a different topic), "Who gives a f**k what a bunch of old men think?"

I hope, for his sake, that he wasn't the manufacturer of Poligrip.

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 08:46 PM
https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/1037138944020885504

burnsy
09-04-2018, 08:47 PM

You and Dave are right. Like this was not a measured, contemplative move. People think they pulled this out of their ass? They probably burned the first pair for a photo op.

Mouth breather news sources:

FOX: "Those liberals! This is treason!"

CNN: "Nike is controversial."

MSNBC: " What a progressive move!"

Nike Board Room: " We can't even buy air time like this! And it costs next to nothing!"

Plus, the morons burning and ripping crap. They already got your 80 bucks fool.

This is not some shit they threw against the wall.

Yeah, out of business like the NFL. Funny I waited in the same beer line last year and almost pissed my pants trying to get in the bathroom.

People are easy, like sheep. They know exactly what they are doing.

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 08:57 PM
https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/1037138944020885504

Capitalism = Bad

When it doesn't fit your political narrative...

Just to remind you that you gave zero shits about those people literally 24 hours ago. ;)

Tom
09-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Sure, many of us will never buy a Nike again, but guess what? Whatever sales they lose from us will be more than made up for from the people who LIKE what Kaepernick stands for.

Antifa
Black Lies Matter

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Capitalism = Bad

Just to remind you that you gave zero shits about those people literally 24 hours ago. ;)

I gave zero about these people 24 hours ago? show me a post where I said I didn't care about these people.

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 09:02 PM
I gave zero about these people 24 hours ago? show me a post where I said I didn't care about these people.

Show me a post of the Trump Tie factory first... ;)

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Nevermind... got ya covered...

Anywho what a double-dick putting tariffs on the fruit's of these poor women's labor eating into their already meager profit margins... ;)

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160526165839-donald-trump-clothing-line-overseas-investigation-griffin-dnt-lead-00015006-exlarge-169.jpg

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Capitalism = Bad

Just to remind you that you gave zero shits about those people literally 24 hours ago. ;)Usually, ely would be giving you a high-five for posting a truth zinger like that, HOWEVER, since he knows you're a pro-Trumper, he decides to forego his natural instinct and instead play some tangential GOTCHA GAME once again.

The man never loses (except when he said Trump had zero chance to win, or close to it).

That's why I stopped playing against him.

elysiantraveller
09-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Usually, ely would be giving you a high-five for posting a truth zinger like that, HOWEVER, since he knows you're a pro-Trumper, he decides to forego his natural instinct and instead play some tangential GOTCHA GAME once again.

The man never loses (except when he said Trump had zero chance to win, or close to it).

That's why I stopped playing against him.

I didn't bring up sweatshop Nike workers... he did.

Don't come at me because Trump idiots can't keep their policy positions straight any longer than the next news cycle...

Wait... what "truth" zinger...?

davew
09-04-2018, 11:16 PM
From the responses here, it appears that this could cause Nike to lose the old white guy segment of the sneaker market. Perhaps they knew that? Perhaps they didn't care?

Some interesting facts in this article. Nike has had Kaepernick under contract for some years now, but waited until now to use him. And the target audience is...?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/did_nike_make_a_huge_nfllike_mistake_embracing_col in_kaepernick.html

their international market is larger than US, and they will pick up buyers from the 'hate america' crowd around the world.

ReplayRandall
09-04-2018, 11:32 PM
their international market is larger than US, and they will pick up buyers from the 'hate america' crowd around the world.

Let's see how the top three institutional owners of Nike perform for the next few weeks.....

NIKE, Inc. (NKE) Top Holders
Institutional investors currently hold around $85.88 billion or 82.7% in NKE stock. Look at its top three institutional owners. Vanguard Group Inc owns $8.37 billion in NIKE, Inc., which represents roughly 6.29% of the company’s market cap and approximately 9.74% of the institutional ownership. Similar statistics are true for the second largest owner, Blackrock Inc., which owns 81,709,497 shares of the stock are valued at $6.74 billion. The third largest holder is Capital World Investors, which currently holds $6.19 billion worth of this stock and that ownership represents nearly 4.65% of its market capitalization.

proximity
09-05-2018, 12:46 AM
i only buy pumas.

my main concern with the thread is ely's avatar. PLEASE tell me that's wade garrett or even blind cody from roadhouse deer hunting in a blizzard? :confused:

woodtoo
09-05-2018, 08:37 AM

You are correct it's all about cheap Chinese and NKorean slave labour.
They are playing politics with this stunt. Good luck with that Nike but we are on to your coverup.

reckless
09-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Trump put tariffs on sneakers from Oregon? :eek:

Good. About time we showed those left-coast pinkos who's running this country.

You do realize that Nike's bad move in using Colin K could result in falling sales. So, companies like Nike, and before that, Harley-Davidson, to name another company, probably will deny it is their lack of business and management skills for the sales drop and will blame Trump's tariffs for the sales loss. (Harley did blame Trump, if you recall, even though H-D's sales were dropping for over 2 years and long before the tariffs).

That is what I meant. Don't snark at me; we all know you are too full of Trump hate to understand the awful truth.

eeek away all you wish. Most of us don't care.

Tom
09-05-2018, 07:13 PM
I remember a couple of years ago, when we were talking about the Dallas Cowboys wanted wear patches in memory of the Houston police shooting-ambush by racist Obama supporters and Fan Dan's mentors.

Danny boy was adamant that those patches violeted the rules regarding uniforms.

But he has been strangle silent about the PIG socks.

Why is that Danny boy......your inner racist confusing you?

Clocker
09-05-2018, 09:09 PM
That is what I meant. Don't snark at me; we all know you are too full of Trump hate to understand the awful truth.

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor. :p

Andy Asaro
09-06-2018, 07:36 AM
https://twitter.com/Matt___Robinson/status/1037665512904421377

upthecreek
09-06-2018, 08:09 AM
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1037669250943602689

Tom
09-06-2018, 10:10 AM
So, if another player breaks his leg, it's only 15 yards, right?:headbanger:

Clocker
09-06-2018, 10:38 AM
So, if another player breaks his leg, it's only 15 yards, right?:headbanger:

Only if it happens on the field, a place Kaep is unlikely to be found in the foreseeable future.

Tom
09-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Yeah, he is probably just a token hire - to show on camera and make the team look enlightened.

upthecreek
09-06-2018, 11:47 AM
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1037663017570369536

JustRalph
09-06-2018, 03:24 PM
The Texas Lt. Governor is running radio ads asking all Texans and schools etc to drop Nike.

I think that’s a new one.......

upthecreek
09-06-2018, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1037785056683671554

burnsy
09-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Wrong, they know their demo is not 50 yo white folk. Young people buy most of their stuff. They don't actually give a shit what the "old" folk demo thinks. Probably burnt the first pair, that one video looks produced. They already got 162 million $ in free air time. Whatever they give Kapper is piss in the bucket. They realize and know they will take an initial hit on the stock. But people that really understand economics can see long term and understand what a business cycle is. As it drops the biggies will buy more and make a fortune when it bounces back. See, people with money and fore sight know exactly how to play the public. People are so emotional (no logic) and follow that....it makes it easy for these companies. Even easier on big time investors.

Hey, don't burn you Ford truck, I'll take it. I really like F-150's and Rangers. :lol:

https://thegrio.com/2018/09/06/ford-steps-up-to-support-nfl-players-protesting-police-brutality/

I don't understand how people can be so naïve that they don't think there are not actuaries and economist that measure this shit out before hand. They can literally piss money away to figure these things out BEFORE THEY MOVE ON IT.

Yuck, yuck, gee, they are done . yeah right, genius they anticipated none of this in advance...……..people are unbelievable to think this crap is not premeditated.

Clocker
09-08-2018, 12:32 PM
I don't understand how people can be so naïve that they don't think there are not actuaries and economist that measure this shit out before hand. They can literally piss money away to figure these things out BEFORE THEY MOVE ON IT.

Yuck, yuck, gee, they are done . yeah right, genius they anticipated none of this in advance...……..people are unbelievable to think this crap is not premeditated.

Gee, ya think they really know more than Internet kibitzers? :D

Nike’s selection of Colin Kaepernick as one of the new faces of the company has certainly brought media attention and controversy, but it’s also having a noticeable effect on the bottom line.

A new report from Edison Trends says Nike’s online sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday of Labor Day weekend this year. That’s notably better than last year’s 17% seasonal increase.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales but the data does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement.

The report does not factor in brick-and-mortar sales.

http://fortune.com/2018/09/07/nike-colin-kaepernick-sales/

barahona44
09-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Wrong, they know their demo is not 50 yo white folk. Young people buy most of their stuff. They don't actually give a shit what the "old" folk demo thinks. Probably burnt the first pair, that one video looks produced. They already got 162 million $ in free air time. Whatever they give Kapper is piss in the bucket. They realize and know they will take an initial hit on the stock. But people that really understand economics can see long term and understand what a business cycle is. As it drops the biggies will buy more and make a fortune when it bounces back. See, people with money and fore sight know exactly how to play the public. People are so emotional (no logic) and follow that....it makes it easy for these companies. Even easier on big time investors.

Hey, don't burn you Ford truck, I'll take it. I really like F-150's and Rangers. :lol:

https://thegrio.com/2018/09/06/ford-steps-up-to-support-nfl-players-protesting-police-brutality/

I agree with your conclusions but market research isn't perfect.Otherwise, New Coke, the Edsel and quadraphonic stereo sound never would have gotten off the ground. :)

MutuelClerk
09-08-2018, 07:04 PM

Agree.

upthecreek
09-09-2018, 11:53 AM
https://twitter.com/WashTimes/status/1038811815311011841

upthecreek
09-10-2018, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1039211911751954434

woodtoo
09-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Colin Kaepernick sacrificed nothing. He is fake.

GaryG
09-11-2018, 04:18 AM
Colin Kaepernick sacrificed nothing. He is fake.The best thing he could do is to sacrifice his loony girl friend.

Inner Dirt
09-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Colin Kaepernick sacrificed nothing. He is fake.

The best thing he could do is to sacrifice his loony girl friend.

That is the source of all his problems, he was just a quite introvert till he hooked up with her left wing radical self. He is just the ventriloquist dummy she speaks through.

FantasticDan
09-14-2018, 11:59 AM
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1040438471385653248

HalvOnHorseracing
09-14-2018, 12:59 PM

Actually Trump's statement was a takeoff on a quote from a guy named Brendan Behan quite a while back who said, the only bad publicity was an obituary notice.

burnsy
09-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Yup, it was a liberal move...….:lol:. That's what they are (Corporations) loyal to, not the $$$$$$$$. The American people are easy to manipulate in this whack political atmosphere. All run by emotion. The word is they are going out of business. Give me a break mouth breather, They know what works. For all the people that hated it.....the inner cities are eating this up. Shit selling out and they are laughing at the fools burning shit. Hey, when you go to the North Pole......wanna buy some ice cubes??? :lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nike-leads-rebound-for-athletic-apparel-retailers-1537444800

Oh yeah....its killing them. :cool::lol::lol:

metro
09-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Time will tell what the Capernick ad does to Nike's bottom line. Akin to the In N Out boycott, for every Nike shoe burned on emotion there was an emotion on the other side to buy the shit up.

With the holiday season around the corner Nike's 4th quarter results will be the most telling barometer.

elysiantraveller
09-21-2018, 10:40 AM
I don't think they really care. We aren't the target demographic. I don't buy anything Nike... my workout stuff is Under Armor and my hunting gear is Orvis and LL Bean. That's just what I buy.

This decision won't have any impact on me... if Nike makes something I want to try out I'll buy it if they don't I won't.

A minority person though may find it to be a sensitive issue and buys more of their merchandise because of decision.

They test all of this stuff out in marketing surveys before they make their decision.

woodtoo
09-21-2018, 10:44 AM
Kaepernikes agent says he will sign next week with New England Patriots.

Inner Dirt
09-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Kaepernikes agent says he will sign next week with New England Patriots.

Isn't that an oxymoron, a flag disrespecting pos playing for the Patriots.

Suff
10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Watch the video. This will hit you hard so be ready.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1050057048686092288

woodtoo
10-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Watch the video. This will hit you hard so be ready.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1050057048686092288

Nice!:ThmbUp:

Tom
10-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron, a flag disrespecting pos playing for the Patriots.

His job will be to make sure Brady's balls never get too soft.

mountainman
10-12-2018, 09:23 PM
CK had been well exposed as a flash-in-the-pan by the time he began the social protests. The guy can't play.

And his new employer's shoes wear too small for my double-wide between- sizes 13 1/2 feet, anyway. Their clothing is also unsuitable for me. Nike apparel is tight, mostly form-fitting, and rarely available in large sizes.

I realize Nike has no obligation to outfit fat, middle- aged West Virginians. But I still despise them-not for hiring an air-headed spokesman like CK, or even for stressing styles too youthful and hip for me- but for squeezing companies that WOULD accommodate me right off the shelves, if not out of business.