PDA

View Full Version : Talking Horses Andy and Andy

Mailman
09-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Watching Talking Horses today with Andy Beyer and Andy Serling reminded me of the "Old Days" at Siros with Harvey! Those days are long gone, but good memories!

JustRalph
09-01-2018, 07:27 PM
I sat in the SHRP simulcast and watched the entire show.

Good stuff

MONEY
09-01-2018, 10:14 PM
I sat in the SHRP simulcast and watched the entire show.

Good stuff
I was at SHRP early, got free coffee and left at 3pm. I have never watched Talking Horses, maybe I should. I'll be there again tomorrow and Monday & Tuesday and.....

JustRalph
09-01-2018, 10:49 PM
I was at SHRP early, got free coffee and left at 3pm. I have never watched Talking Horses, maybe I should. I'll be there again tomorrow and Monday & Tuesday and.....

Shit, I was in seat A12 right up front in the simul from 10:40a-4p

Didn’t cash a ticket all day.....this game has lost me.......got board and left.

I forgot to cash in a fifty dollar voucher......so I guess I’ll have to come back someday. I’m tied up tomorrow and Mon .....maybe some other time we can meet.

ReplayRandall
09-02-2018, 12:20 AM
Didn’t cash a ticket all day.....

I didn't cash anything today either, but crushed it yesterday when I had a weaker opinion than today....Truly a mysterious game.

Suff
09-02-2018, 02:01 AM
I caught the show from this spot. I enjoyed it. For a race or two, Beyer said, "I have nothing here" To mean, he likely wouldn't bet the race, so making selections was not hitting him. I skip a lot of races, and I only bet NYRA. . Playing from home, I only take 3-4 real shots at a 9 race card.

I go very wide on multi-race bets if the sequence crosses a race where "I have nothing"

I can't bet ( play ) horse racing from the Race Track any longer. I have not been able to play at a SIMO in at least 5 years.

I play from home. I watch replays, I check charts, I build race custom filters.. There is no way I can do that from a track.

I brought my laptop to the track twice this week and it's useless. Wifi is to slow for replays, the distractions are many.

I can't work a race serious enough to take my bets serious enough.

The track or simo is social gambling. To really gamble I need the solitary focus.

Tom
09-02-2018, 04:34 PM
I only play from home too, but mostly because that's where my beer and cookies are.

castaway01
09-02-2018, 11:31 PM
By the way, Mr. Beyer had 4 winners on the card and a solid positive ROI too

v j stauffer
09-04-2018, 02:00 AM
I didn't cash anything today either, but crushed it yesterday when I had a weaker opinion than today....Truly a mysterious game.

That happens to me all the time. Another reason why I think it pays to play tournaments.

I'm good enough to hit a decent amount of winners but sometimes I have know idea where they're coming from.