PDA

View Full Version : HANA Track Ratings 2018?

iamt
08-31-2018, 12:46 AM
I always found these interesting reading, but apart form a tweet back in April saying they were coming out soon there doesn't look to be any movement.

The 2017 table still has some older values (Like the old Kentucky Downs Pick 4 still at 19%).

Does anyone know if HANA are still trying to keep this update as best they can, or it ended up too much work?

Jeff P
08-31-2018, 06:24 AM
The delay is my idea mostly --

Working on an updated algorithm.

When the ratings do come out, expect to see a new column in the ratings that gives each track a score based on commitment to thoroughbred after care. This after reports of thoroughbreds showing up in kill pens as meets at Louisiana tracks (and meets in a few other racing jurisdictions) were winding down.

Despite a press conference earlier this year by the National HBPA decrying the practice - Imo, nothing really appears to have changed.

-jp

iamt
08-31-2018, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the update Jeff.

GregReinhart
08-31-2018, 04:12 PM
I always found these interesting reading, but apart form a tweet back in April saying they were coming out soon there doesn't look to be any movement.

The 2017 table still has some older values (Like the old Kentucky Downs Pick 4 still at 19%).

Does anyone know if HANA are still trying to keep this update as best they can, or it ended up too much work?

I fixed the Kentucky Downs p4 takeout this afternoon. I believe everything else in the chart is currently correct but if anybody sees anything that isn't, please let me know.

iamt
08-31-2018, 08:58 PM
The Keeneland figures are the other ones I've noticed. They are the rates after the initial change, not their movement back down.

GregReinhart
08-31-2018, 09:31 PM
Thanks, those should be fixed now as well.

mike_123_ca
03-12-2019, 07:21 PM
2018 has come and gone with no track ratings from HANA. Anyone know if we'll see a 2019 version soon? I realize the addition of a thoroughbred aftercare component was the main reason for the 2018 delay/omission.

Jeff P
03-12-2019, 07:38 PM
2018 has come and gone with no track ratings from HANA. Anyone know if we'll see a 2019 version soon? I realize the addition of a thoroughbred aftercare component was the main reason for the 2018 delay/omission.

I expect they'll be out sometime in April.

-jp