PDA

View Full Version : Contractual Obligations.

Suff
08-29-2018, 05:08 PM
I’m here at Saratoga:ThmbUp: , but due to contractual obligations, I’m using
Hand Signals :jump: to get my selections into the team! :lol:

Suff
08-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Three super-models!

Suff
08-30-2018, 06:58 AM
Breakfast on the track , galloping horses, sun rising.
6:30 am , Thursday August 30, 2018

Suff
08-30-2018, 10:15 AM
When a Horses SAR workouts appears in PP's as SAR 3F 36.8 tr.t , the tr.t indicates training track. T tr.t indicates training track turf course. SAR 3F 36.8 with no other designation indicates that that workout was on MAIN track.

The Oklahoma is directly across Union Street from the main track.

This gate work, they put a 2YO baby in the gate. The pet and talk to it, hold its tail up, and then back him out. They walk him in a few circles and repeat it.

Suff
08-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Pretty

Suff
08-30-2018, 11:16 AM
This is the Saratoga infield grave site of the Horse that's in my profile image. In late 80's early 90's, she was why I started really getting into the New York racing circuit.

Go For Wand. I had a thing for this Filly and I see her memorial every time I come to Saratoga.

Suff
08-30-2018, 11:24 AM
This is directly across from the grandstand entrance on Union Street.

Redboard
08-30-2018, 11:25 AM
Very cool pics.

Suff
08-30-2018, 11:35 AM
I was up on the roof this morning. I needed to get some measurements and calculate angles for my GPS project!:)

CheckMark
08-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Can you possibly take a photo of the program stand and tip sheets guys. Never been and people always talk about the hawkers. Thanks

Suff
08-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Can you possibly take a photo of the program stand and tip sheets guys. Never been and people always talk about the hawkers. Thanks

Sure, absolutely, I'm here through the weekend and will take some track photographs.

The Festival Tent.

The House that Paceadvantage.com built!

Suff
08-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Walking in.

Suff
08-30-2018, 01:56 PM
I slept through whatever rain we got last night. Weather is gorgeous.

sour grapes
08-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Walking in.

Is that Andy Serling before he puts his suit on/

Suff
08-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Is that Andy Serling before he puts his suit on/

Speaking of Andy, I will be at the Parting Glass Pub for his show tonight.

I will be there strictly as a heckler, per the previously mentioned contract.

CEO of NYRA Chris Kay & Chad Brown are his two headliners tonight.

ESPN radio has the Yankee's game so it will not air live, but maybe its streamed or periscoped somewhere?. It should be a good show, Anthony Stabile is also a guest , and he's a homegrown NY guy that's entertaining and knowledgeable.

It's worth hunting down a feed.

CheckMark
08-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks fuss! Appreciate the photos you took. :popcorn:

Can you possibly take a picture of the rest of the tip sheets of what they look like too? I can see what the blue one and the green one at the program stand but would like to see what the wizard, lady outside and the other green one. Thank you so much!!!

Suff
08-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Chris Kay. CEO NYRA

Suff
08-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Chad Brown. 13 entered for Saturday. With chance to break record of most of wins by any trainer in a Saratoga meet

Mailman
08-31-2018, 01:53 AM
Nice Pics, Thanks!

biggestal99
08-31-2018, 07:42 AM
didnt make it up to the Spa this year....way too busy at work.

Thanks for the reminders of how it is...

Allan

CheckMark
08-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Fuss, the pictures of the tip sheets do they sell them outside and when the program stan is too or do they just sell trackfacts and wizard outside and surethingselections, lady outside and Irish sheet at the program stand. Thanks if you know.

Suff
08-31-2018, 09:28 AM
didnt make it up to the Spa this year....way too busy at work.

Thanks for the reminders of how it is...

Allan

Thanks Allan, that's why I am posting these pictures.

I came opening weekend and enjoyed it. Then I was reading about John Asher dying at 62 years old. Today is my 58th birthday.

I decided to drop everything and go to Saratoga. Impulsively I jumped on a one way flight to albany from florida. I uber'd to Saratoga and booked 5 nights at the turf and spa and I bought a 2 seat table in the Four Star Dave for entire week.

I think I know what pictures people who know this place would enjoy, so when I take some more good one's I will post them. I am here until Monday.

I ran into The Mig downtown last night.

Suff
08-31-2018, 09:52 PM
NYRA is all-in with NYRAbets @ Saratoga. I was in The Stretch today. Its new. Its upstairs grandstand and is lil bit VIP NYRA Bets area. It has its own betting windows, its own bar, food counter.

Top of the line is these 4 person booths. With Nyrabets account you can bet directly from

Suff
08-31-2018, 10:02 PM
In the Paddock area, left side, in front of shake shack , NYRA bets has Gazebos right on the paddock fence for VIP's. This whole area is looking like NYRA Bets VIP players area. These little Gazebo's are very nice. And they are tucked right on the paddock fence. Nobody or nothing is getting in front of you.

I

Suff
08-31-2018, 10:13 PM
I know this little angle for good paddock views. There's a small walkway that looks like it goes directly into the Lady's room. But if you walk it, you can hook a right and left into this little area. If you don't mind the maintenance equipment:lol:you get the best deep paddock views.

Suff
08-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Maggie Wolfendale and Crowd.

Tom
08-31-2018, 11:39 PM
Great photos!
Brings back memories of some great years.

Got any of the red chowder? :D

You got great weather for a weekend up there!

Mailman
09-01-2018, 02:40 AM
Great Pics my friend! Wish i went!

Tom
09-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Hey Fuss!
Was that YOU in the paddock taking pictures that Gunnivera knocked down? :D

Tape Reader
09-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Very nice pictures. Thank you!

Suff
09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Hey Fuss!
Was that YOU in the paddock taking pictures that Gunnivera knocked down? :D

Funny you saw that, yes, that was me:ThmbUp: I did not fall down though:lol:, I did a ballerina spin, and came up vertical! :D

Thankfully, I got kicked in the head! I'm Boston Irish. Nothing gets through this skull! You can drill through 2 feet of concrete with this head!

I'm fine, they're running me right back tomorrow.:ThmbUp:

I was invited into the paddock by a couple of friends of mine.

jahura2
09-01-2018, 09:45 PM
I’m here at Saratoga:ThmbUp: , but due to contractual obligations, I’m using
Hand Signals :jump: to get my selections into the team! :lol:

Thanks for the great pics Fuss. I was there for Travers weekend for my first trip to the Spa. Your pics just reminded my why I want to go back so badly! Only pic missing.... Gabby!

Suff
09-02-2018, 12:37 AM
T Only pic missing.... Gabby!

lol. Yes, I agree. But she's not around? She dropped off the map a few days ago. Not sure why?, but here's a total guess... She comes from family with heavy breeding/racing ties, and she dipped the day or so after John Asher died. Perhaps some family ties?

Maggie is no slouch though! In person she is yummy. She's married, but I can still dream about holding her close while whispering TimeForm figures into her ears...:kiss: Only the red numbers. :lol:

jahura2
09-02-2018, 10:53 AM
lol. Yes, I agree. But she's not around? She dropped off the map a few days ago. Not sure why?, but here's a total guess... She comes from family with heavy breeding/racing ties, and she dipped the day or so after John Asher died. Perhaps some family ties?

Maggie is no slouch though! In person she is yummy. She's married, but I can still dream about holding her close while whispering TimeForm figures into her ears...:kiss: Only the red numbers. :lol:

Definitely agree, I had the pleasure of talking to both Gabby and Maggie briefly when I was there. Both of them are angels. I noticed Gabby wasnt on the NYRA broadcast or Talking Horse all of this week i was curious as to what happened.
You are probably right in that they may have been paying respects for John Asher. NYRA better not have fired her!

sour grapes
09-02-2018, 10:59 AM
i beleive gabby is marrying mark casse son this month,could be taking time off for the wedding.

Suff
09-03-2018, 09:11 AM
i beleive gabby is marrying mark casse son this month,could be taking time off for the wedding.

Yes, That was it, I asked. 12 race cards seem to go by in a flash when you're here. Everyday I was wishing there was just one more race! 12 more today!

Closing Day Saratoga
As I depart, there's a pull on my heart
You fit the bill and brought me joy and thrill.
Saratoga Saratoga Saratoga.
Thank you my friend, I pray that I see you again

biggestal99
09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Funny you saw that, yes, that was me:ThmbUp: I did not fall down though:lol:, I did a ballerina spin, and came up vertical! :D

Thankfully, I got kicked in the head! I'm Boston Irish. Nothing gets through this skull! You can drill through 2 feet of concrete with this head!

I'm fine, they're running me right back tomorrow.:ThmbUp:

I was invited into the paddock by a couple of friends of mine.

Back in the day you didn’t need to be invited to the paddock. It was open.

Allan

Suff
09-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Back in the day you didn’t need to be invited to the paddock. It was open.

Allan

Its pretty open now as well, if you have a Horseman's ID they don't make it hard to drag along a friend that doesn't. My friends had a horse run earlier in the day, but were going in because the Wife is a big Patch fan.

The one rule they do enforce is No Shorts in the Paddock. I was wearing shorts, but I pulled them way down, untucked my shirt, and went in with fingers-crossed that they didn't bust me.

I started chatting it up with Chad Brown's office manager as they saddled.
Chad and Sol Kumin came over. I was just serendipitously standing there, and started talking Red Sox because Sol's in the Nation!

That's a treasured picture, its the day Chad Brown broke the record for meets in a win. It's a special spot on a special day.

I wonder what this guy is experiencing right now.

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Nobody beats Fuss...I mean Suff...I mean Fuss...

Dude is legend.

Thanks for sharing the pix...you still have access...these Boston boyz don't **** around.

Suff
09-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks for sharing the pix...you still have access...these Boston boyz don't **** around.

Its for the member's here. I'm at home at any race track.

Do you like nice homes? I do, wherever I'm road tripping I enjoy looking at nice homes. All these homes are within a mile of Saratoga Race Track.

Suff
09-03-2018, 08:56 PM
3 goodies here. Andy Serling, my favorite handicapper. Also, make a small donation to local charity, took a pic with Triple Crown Belmont Trophy.

I'm Zelig, I got a text from family watching the Hopeful on TV. Who do you think they saw? I hit the floor laughing when I got this image texted to me.
:lol:

Suff
09-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Union Avenue , two blocks from the Track.

Suff
09-03-2018, 11:10 PM
If you stay south of Union Avenue on Broadway, then the best way to the track is through Congress Park. It's a nice walk, about a mile. I spent time there.

There, in one section, carved into the stone, they have the names of all of the Saratogians who died in war.

I noticed Thomas & Albert Ruhle's names on the stones beneath my feet. Family members, perhaps son & father, one died in WW2 and the other in Vietnam.

Mailman
09-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Fuss
Glad you had a good time, and it all worked out and im sure it was all worth it!

sour grapes
09-04-2018, 08:46 AM
i hate leaving too,that ride back to nyc and reality sucks.BUT god willing ill be back next year.

Tom
09-04-2018, 09:52 AM
No one gets as much out a trip as Suff does! :ThmbUp:
Thanks for sharing.

Brass Hat
09-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Saw you get knocked down on TV, glad you're OK. Thanks for the pictures.

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Anybody clip this? It would be one for the PA HOF...

Suff
09-04-2018, 12:47 PM
I made $18.00 this morning playing Knock Gin with Chad Brown's grooms. I'm roaming around looking for a cribbage game. I need bus fare out of town!

Suff
09-04-2018, 12:54 PM
More.

Suff
09-04-2018, 01:10 PM
If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Playing pool, cards, and dice on the backside of any race track is not for the uninitiated.

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Really appreciate all the pix you're posting...:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Suff
09-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Really appreciate all the pix you're posting...:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Thanks PA. You're welcome

Just landed. I'm back in Fort Lauderdale.

I did hope people that have been or not been to Saratoga would enjoy them. It added to my pleasure by sharing as well, so thanks for the space.
Some Good with the bad though, as some miserable child left me shit message.
To him or whoever else, I only say this.

My other car is a sailboat. So blow me. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Whatever you're doing...keep doing it.

castaway01
09-05-2018, 09:32 AM
The pictures were great---made me feel like I was there. Thanks for posting.