PDA

View Full Version : Really Desormeaux? Classic Kent chilly finish to lose 2nd

Cuffdaddy
08-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Del Mar Race 4. 8/25

Kent on :1: Take a Leap at 13 -1 pulls the ultimate Kent wrap up, look back and gear down like he has 2nd wrapped up only to get nosed out. Time for another suspension!

Cost me trifecta so I was focused on his run thru the stretch. Would of paid at least $400 for fifty cents. Thanks again Kent.

Tom
08-25-2018, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't bet the drunken hump in a 1 horses race with your money! I hate to even hear his name mentioned.

Cuffdaddy
08-25-2018, 09:18 PM
He is still talented and horses run for him but even though I've seen him do this particular move many times it is just so blatant. If he was drinking the buzz hit him the last 75 yards in this one.

Only Eddie D. can wrap up and hold on everytime

VigorsTheGrey
08-25-2018, 11:29 PM
https://www.dmtc.com/racing/race-replays/2018/8/25/xEZpHUV9VEI

senortout
08-25-2018, 11:44 PM
the race was lost at 1:37 point on the replay you so kindly provided, evidently Kent was afraid of running up on heels of the lead horse, it was a short, but sharp restraint. The horse was loaded for bear alright. Plus, the lead horse drifted out just enough to let the eventual winner thru, who would not have had that spot had Kent waited, inside. Either way, big difference, getting thru inside or taking overland route.

Robert Fischer
08-26-2018, 01:00 AM
didn't watch the race tonight.

He lost a tri for me earlier this meet(8/3/2018 R6) I had the :4: keyed top/bottom in exactas with some horses including Desormeaux's 22/1 shot :3:.

-Looked a certainty to pass a tiring pace setter(31/1 :9:) while in the hunt for victory, but then a third horse :4: came running late moving best of all to take over. Once the 'win' chance passed Desormeaux by, he appeared to completely stopped riding. In a physics-defying turn of events, the tiring pace setter 'fought back' (not really, was just persevered relative to the Desormeaux shut-down) and Desormeaux somehow lost 2nd by a photo to the :9:.
Finished 4-9 ($174.50), think the 4-3 probable was $150.

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 12:46 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1033757076747575296

spiketoo
08-26-2018, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't bet the drunken hump in a 1 horses race with your money! I hate to even hear his name mentioned.

Leaving him off P5 tix in 2YO MDN at 5-1. Hoss is Easy Shot. Perhaps last nites dinner?!?

turfnsport
08-26-2018, 01:02 PM
He deserves days. He was not trying.

In response to Kent blocking me on Twitter I am now cutting his face out of all of my winner's circle photos on my wall where he rode for us....lol...that will teach him..

ClockersCorner
08-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Such bitterness. Of course it's classic Kent. His talent allows him to win dozens of races no other jockey would and his indifference causes him to lose minor placings that he shouldn't. I'd be mad at him too if it cost me the tri. And kicking myself for keying him in the 2 hole.
I guess you guys hated Manny Ramirez and Phil Mickelson too. And every relief pitcher that grooved a batting practice fastball in the 9th inning of a blowout win.

turfnsport
08-26-2018, 01:13 PM
I guess you guys hated Manny Ramirez and Phil Mickelson too. And every relief pitcher that grooved a batting practice fastball in the 9th inning of a blowout win.

Only if I bet the UNDER.

Ridiculous comparison.

ClockersCorner
08-26-2018, 01:22 PM
Ridiculous indeed. It's all about the frustration of a losing gambler. There should be repercussions.
I have time to post today because I am serving a self imposed one day horse racing betting ban. I got lazy and singled Good Magic to close out the pick 6 and cost myself 5 of 6.

Afleet
08-26-2018, 02:51 PM
He is still talented and horses run for him but even though I've seen him do this particular move many times it is just so blatant. If he was drinking the buzz hit him the last 75 yards in this one.

Only Eddie D. can wrap up and hold on everytime

Agree w/the Eddie D remark

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 05:14 PM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1033821493841420289

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 05:20 PM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1033819376602865664

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 05:38 PM
And when stewards turn it over to the CHRB what does that usually indicate..?

I think they're going to nail him this time.

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1033840575076741120

Robert Fischer
08-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Finally watched the replay.
https://www.dmtc.com/racing/race-replays/2018/8/25/xEZpHUV9VEI

Yes. He clearly stopped riding. He was on the :1: and thought he had a lead pipe cinch for 2nd, even looked back, and misjudged the rival and the finish. Looked bad, and it was bad. Unacceptable.

Also watch his ride on the :3: Irish Heatwave in this race;
https://www.dmtc.com/racing/race-replays/2018/8/3/x2rbSvtIftk
(great view on the slow-mo from about 3:29 on the video to maybe 3:40 or so)

KD on the :3: - Looked like he had dead aim on the :9: and then tried to race-ride the :4: and then completely stopped riding when he realized the :4: was passing him. The fading :9: 'fought back' :rolleyes: to beat him in a photo/mughshot for 2nd.

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 06:21 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1033841550080372736

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 06:28 PM
Video replay at this link.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1033843321452486657

jay68802
08-26-2018, 07:03 PM
I usually try not to be to judgmental on the jockeys ride myself. That said, I have played a horse ridden by Desormeaux a few times at Del Mar this year and the it seemed he had made up his mind weather the horse had a chance to win or not before the race started. The last time was he was in the nine hole and went straight to the back and never gave a effort until after the wire. Looked to me like he was working the horse for a upcoming route. In this case, they need to do something. Looks horrible on the replay.

Cuffdaddy
08-26-2018, 07:37 PM
I said "thank you Kent".

Andy Asaro
08-26-2018, 07:57 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/1033841550080372736
https://twitter.com/eyelovehorses/status/1033865632859664384

HalvOnHorseracing
08-26-2018, 08:13 PM
Del Mar Race 4. 8/25

Kent on :1: Take a Leap at 13 -1 pulls the ultimate Kent wrap up, look back and gear down like he has 2nd wrapped up only to get nosed out. Time for another suspension!

Cost me trifecta so I was focused on his run thru the stretch. Would of paid at least $400 for fifty cents. Thanks again Kent.

I'm on your side on this one.

gabe
08-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Desourmeaux loves his wine

JustRalph
08-26-2018, 09:53 PM
He left a bunch of horseplayers hissing and kissing for a better payout

Elkchester Road
08-26-2018, 11:32 PM
It is easy to see that the horse was responding to Desormeaux's urging. Desormeaux decided to stop urging. He will receive a punishment that is NOT a real deterrent to this behavior. That is why it HAS happened, DID happen, and WILL continue to happen. The Stewards are as big of a problem as the jockey.

Psychotic Parakeet
08-27-2018, 01:58 AM
I am surprised it took this long for someone to call him out on this. He has been doing this since the 90s. I know my trainer learned her lesson not to have him on her horses a long time ago because he would just quit.

SharpCat
08-27-2018, 03:45 AM
I've watched a lot of Aussie racing and like how the stewards handle things.

Things like careless riding, not giving your best effort or even changing the horses usual running style and the stewards will not hesitate to drop the hammer. After a race the stewards will go over the video with a jockey. If the stewards don't like what they see they will remove the jockey from there remaining mounts and give them days off.

JustRalph
08-27-2018, 06:10 AM
Changing the horses runnng style gets em suspended?

Shit, there would be a jock shortage here

cj
08-27-2018, 08:34 AM
I am surprised it took this long for someone to call him out on this. He has been doing this since the 90s. I know my trainer learned her lesson not to have him on her horses a long time ago because he would just quit.

This has been a topic here many times over the years.

Tom
08-27-2018, 01:21 PM

I used to spray paint KENT SUCKS on fences before the internet. :D

I hear his name and all I think is the Triple CLOWN boy.

GaryG
08-27-2018, 04:42 PM
DEL MAR, Calif. – Del Mar’s stewards on Sunday said they have turned over to California Horse Racing Board investigators a matter involving jockey Kent Desormeaux’s ride in race 4 on Saturday aboard Take a Leap, who was caught in the last jump and finished third.

SharpCat
08-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Changing the horses runnng style gets em suspended?

Shit, there would be a jock shortage here

Yes I have seen Jockeys get suspended on the spot for changing the horses usual running style.

If the Trainer/Jockey plan to change the horses usual running style they have to inform the stewards. The stewards in turn will inform the public. They realize people put there hard earned money on the line so they don't want any funny business going on.

upthecreek
08-29-2018, 08:22 AM
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/229248/del-mar-stewards-send-desormeaux-riding-case-to-chrb#nws=mcnewsletter

JustRalph
08-29-2018, 10:19 AM
He no care........

v j stauffer
08-29-2018, 01:47 PM
It is easy to see that the horse was responding to Desormeaux's urging. Desormeaux decided to stop urging. He will receive a punishment that is NOT a real deterrent to this behavior. That is why it HAS happened, DID happen, and WILL continue to happen. The Stewards are as big of a problem as the jockey.

You're blaming the stewards? They're the ones who initiated the complaint. And you're saying the punishment was inadequate before any is given?

Wow. Cool :cool:

Spalding No!
08-29-2018, 02:01 PM
This has been a topic here many times over the years.

Yep, in fact, I'm shocked that it's been 3 years since the last real brouhaha, when Desormeaux allegedly stopped riding What A View (a subsequent Grade 1 winner) in a conditioned allowance race. The horse was nostrilized at the wire.

As reported elsewhere:

Desormeaux Draws Heat For Del Mar Ride But Stewards Issue No Sanction

Jockey Kent Desormeaux met with track stewards on Sunday to discuss one of his rides at Del Mar on Saturday.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the ride in question – which the paper said some referred to as a “non-ride” – occurred in Saturday's fourth race. Desormeaux was aboard What a View in the 1 1/16-mile turf contest, and had a clear lead on the 4-year-old gelding nearing the finish. However, jockey Brice Blanc, who was riding 42-1 outsider Professor Berns, shot through an opening on the rail and nailed Desormeaux and What a View by a nose on the wire.

It appeared to many horseplayers and racing fans that Desormeaux had stopped riding his mount a couple of strides from the wire, thinking he had the race won.

Stewards ultimately decided not to sanction Desormeaux, voting 2 to 1 in favor of the jockey. Scott Chaney was the only official who felt Desormeaux stopped riding.

“The horse is hard to ride, but for two strides he let up on his mount. Then the horse came up inside, and he got back down to salvage it,” Chaney told the Union-Tribune.

Based on the above, the debate about whether his punishment will be a deterrent or not may ultimately be moot, because there might not be any punishment at all...

thaskalos
08-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Has Desormeaux ever explained why he is so economical with his movements as he approaches the finish line?

Jeff P
08-29-2018, 03:08 PM
You're blaming the stewards? They're the ones who initiated the complaint. And you're saying the punishment was inadequate before any is given?

Vic, I think he's saying the CHRB/stewards have, several times in the past, called Kent D in to talk about similar incidents of not making an effort to obtain the best possible placing for his mounts by failing to ride to the wire --

And have repeatedly failed to act afterwards.

Imo, by failing to act on similar incidents in the past - the CHRB is not without responsibility.

Imo, years of failure to act by the CHRB (and most of the other regulatory bodies in North American thoroughbred horse racing for that matter) has resulted in the following message being sent to riders:

"Don't worry. We've got your back. It's perfectly ok if you want to mail it in during the final sixteenth."

I think it's time North American regulatory bodies started sending a message to riders consistent with that sent by the regulatory bodies in other parts of the world. (Hong Kong, Australia, etc.)

-jp

Psychotic Parakeet
08-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Has Desormeaux ever explained why he is so economical with his movements as he approaches the finish line?

:pound:

That has to be one of the best rhetorical questions ever. Love it!

v j stauffer
08-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Vic, I think he's saying the CHRB/stewards have, several times in the past, called Kent D in to talk about similar incidents of not making an effort to obtain the best possible placing for his mounts by failing to ride to the wire --

And have repeatedly failed to act afterwards.

Imo, by failing to act on similar incidents in the past - the CHRB is not without responsibility.

Imo, years of failure to act by the CHRB (and most of the other regulatory bodies in North American thoroughbred horse racing for that matter) has resulted in the following message being sent to riders:

"Don't worry. We've got your back. It's perfectly ok if you want to mail it in during the final sixteenth."

I think it's time North American regulatory bodies started sending a message to riders consistent with that sent by the regulatory bodies in other parts of the world. (Hong Kong, Australia, etc.)

-jp

Let's see what happens this time. I think he will be sanctioned for last week's ride. We'll see how it shakes out.

Tom
08-29-2018, 03:33 PM

He either is betting or he can't stay awake for two minutes.

Sounds like the stewards are kicking the can down the road.

JustRalph
08-29-2018, 03:55 PM

Economical? :lol:

That’s hysterical.......:pound:

cj
08-29-2018, 05:40 PM
He either is betting or he can't stay awake for two minutes.

Sounds like the stewards are kicking the can down the road.

Disappointing the stewards didn't take action and THEN pass it down the road for possible further action. Very weak move IMO.

v j stauffer
08-29-2018, 07:35 PM
Disappointing the stewards didn't take action and THEN pass it down the road for possible further action. Very weak move IMO.

That IS NOT what happened. There's a new protocol for handling these type situations. It was recently explained by CHRB information director Mike Martin. The case has been given to the investigators to gather evidence. They'll present that evidence to the Steward who will ultimately decide if sanctions are warranted.

airford1
08-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Not finishing for a placing is one reason I have started to stay away from the game. Kent is the first jock to come up short in most stories.

Andy Asaro
08-29-2018, 10:38 PM
That IS NOT what happened. There's a new protocol for handling these type situations. It was recently explained by CHRB information director Mike Martin. The case has been given to the investigators to gather evidence. They'll present that evidence to the Steward who will ultimately decide if sanctions are warranted.

They could have ruled if they wanted to according to this BloodHorse article.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/229248/del-mar-stewards-send-desormeaux-riding-case-to-chrb

When pressed about whether they could have taken action on their own, rather than forwarding the case to CHRB investigators, the stewards said it was within their power to sanction the rider.

Elkchester Road
08-29-2018, 10:47 PM

I guess I could have worded it better...but I don't think anybody would argue the punishments handed to Desormeaux have been less than a deterrent to preventing this happening again. I am prepared to eat my words if a more serious punishment is handed down. :)

v j stauffer
08-29-2018, 11:15 PM
They could have ruled if they wanted to according to this BloodHorse article.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/229248/del-mar-stewards-send-desormeaux-riding-case-to-chrb

When pressed about whether they could have taken action on their own, rather than forwarding the case to CHRB investigators, the stewards said it was within their power to sanction the rider.

Right. They gave him a whip violation fine. What I commented on was CJ implying the Stewards were sweeping it under the rug and didn't want to deal with it. Which simply isn't the case.

I have a feeling they're thinking about throwing the book at him. Sending a BIG message and want to make sure no stones are left un-turned.

v j stauffer
08-29-2018, 11:17 PM
I guess I could have worded it better...but I don't think anybody would argue the punishments handed to Desormeaux have been less than a deterrent to preventing this happening again. I am prepared to eat my words if a more serious punishment is handed down. :)

You don't have to eat your words. IMO he will be sanctioned severely.

Elkchester Road
08-30-2018, 03:37 AM
You don't have to eat your words. IMO he will be sanctioned severely.

I hope you are right, Vic, and it isn't anything personal with Desormeaux.

I enjoy your work on TVG and at the track. I am sure the many hats you have worn in the business gives you quite a perspective. :)

Andy Asaro
08-30-2018, 05:39 AM
Right. They gave him a whip violation fine. What I commented on was CJ implying the Stewards were sweeping it under the rug and didn't want to deal with it. Which simply isn't the case.

I have a feeling they're thinking about throwing the book at him. Sending a BIG message and want to make sure no stones are left un-turned.

I hope they do give him 30 days but the referral was seen as having the potential to be more severe. The comments from Mullins saying the Owners were pissed about it carries a lot of weight.

v j stauffer
08-31-2018, 02:11 AM
I hope they do give him 30 days but the referral was seen as having the potential to be more severe. The comments from Mullins saying the Owners were pissed about it carries a lot of weight.

Why did you Twitter block me?

I was sharing my point of view on a controversial situation.

I didn't say anything personal.

I didn't say anything inflammatory.

I thought we were moving forward with a respectful detente.

:confused:

SharpCat
08-31-2018, 02:56 AM
At this point should Kent still have a license to ride? He has been pulling this crap for over 25 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/29/sports/horse-racing-kotashaan-s-rider-leaves-purse-and-title-standing.html

ultracapper
08-31-2018, 03:13 AM
Been a long time since I've seen a replay of Real Quiet's Belmont. I do know he was ahead by 4 lengths at the 1/8 pole.

No, he would have never quit with the TC 200 yards away. Would he?

cj
08-31-2018, 09:13 AM

Thanks, I misunderstood when I read it.

cj
08-31-2018, 09:15 AM

I wasn't implying they were sweeping anything under the rug. I was implying they were passing the buck.

Andy Asaro
08-31-2018, 09:54 AM
Why did you Twitter block me?

I was sharing my point of view on a controversial situation.

I didn't say anything personal.

I didn't say anything inflammatory.

I thought we were moving forward with a respectful detente.

:confused:

Would be great in the social media thread.

bobphilo
08-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Been a long time since I've seen a replay of Real Quiet's Belmont. I do know he was ahead by 4 lengths at the 1/8 pole.

No, he would have never quit with the TC 200 yards away. Would he?

Actually his Belmont lose was a whole different story. If anything he was guilty of misriding the Big Sandy oval and over aggressively moved too early leaving himself with a spent horse at the finish.

bobphilo
08-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Kent once made a comment that, "I ride as if the eighth pole was the finish line". He was referring to the fact that he rides aggressively early, but given his history, it could also be describing his not ridding aggressively late.

Brass Hat
08-31-2018, 12:37 PM
His brother didn't bring him in to ride Reflect in the Spinaway tomorrow.

ultracapper
08-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Actually his Belmont lose was a whole different story. If anything he was guilty of misriding the Big Sandy oval and over aggressively moved too early leaving himself with a spent horse at the finish.

What a great TC that year was. Baffert enters RQ and Indian Charlie in the Derby. IC is all the rage with Stevens up and finishes mid pack as the favorite. 5 weeks later, Stevens collars RQ on Victory Gallup to deny Baffert the Triple Crown.

These are the kind of stories horse racing needs to tell and re-tell every chance it can. Instead, we continually discuss how one of the finest jocks of the generation can't find it within himself to ride through the line.

Psychotic Parakeet
08-31-2018, 05:11 PM
Kent once made a comment that, "I ride as if the eighth pole was the finish line". He was referring to the fact that he rides aggressively early, but given his history, it could also be describing his not ridding aggressively late.

Surprised he manages to win races and/or receive any rides with that type of attitude.

Thomas Roulston
09-01-2018, 06:57 PM
This thread reminds me of the 1973 Belmont Stakes - when Laffit Pincay Jr. let Pvt. Smiles pass his mount, Sham, for fourth in the five-horse field, and didn't even try to deny it after the race. Pincay's actions cost the late Sigmund Sommer more than $9,000 - an amount of money that was nothing to sneeze at in those days.

zawaaa
09-04-2018, 04:35 AM
i finally managed to watch the replay a few times

he did get caught trying to protect his horse at the end --- and, that's all some people are going to care about --- but, people here seem to be amazingly detached from considering how difficult it is to be a jockey.

bobphilo
09-04-2018, 09:33 AM
This thread reminds me of the 1973 Belmont Stakes - when Laffit Pincay Jr. let Pvt. Smiles pass his mount, Sham, for fourth in the five-horse field, and didn't even try to deny it after the race. Pincay's actions cost the late Sigmund Sommer more than $9,000 - an amount of money that was nothing to sneeze at in those days.

In that case Sham was totally spent from his early battle with Secretariat and Pincay was taking care of him. Sham was never the same and I think he may have never raced again.

ZippyChippy423
09-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Why would KD deliberately try something like this as it messes up his own money as well? It would only make sense if he bet on himself and was trying to alter the order of finish. Ironically everyone agrees they dont think hes fixing races for personal monetary gain. They just think hes lazy which makes no sense at all because this is how he earns a living . Mind boggling.

cj
09-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Why would KD deliberately try something like this as it messes up his own money as well? It would only make sense if he bet on himself and was trying to alter the order of finish. Ironically everyone agrees they dont think hes fixing races for personal monetary gain. They just think hes lazy which makes no sense at all because this is how he earns a living . Mind boggling.

Lots of people are lazy at work.

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1036751371670675456

https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1036757080936337408

ZippyChippy423
09-04-2018, 10:38 AM
True lots of people lazy at work but its not
like KD has a guaranteed salary. He also gets paid based on where he finishes. Thats why it makes no sense to lazily lose a placing. Maybe he is super rich.

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 10:40 AM
https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036815088550735873

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 10:44 AM
https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036814348964904960

https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1036821355650404352

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036832426968854529

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036838789333676032

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036861599447838720

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036863961440735232

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036866737252093952

ZippyChippy423
09-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Again i ask you people what is the benefit of the supposed lazy rides?

Tom
09-04-2018, 11:20 AM
He seems to be proud of himself.
3 days?????

No wonder has has an attitude.

Make the 60 days 120 days.:puke:

bobphilo
09-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Kent's problems with alcohol, like many other riders, are well documented. Perhaps he is having occasional phaseouts while riding. Perhaps a neurological exam should be warranted.

turfnsport
09-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Kent is unhinged. Glad he blocked me on Twitter. :popcorn:

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 11:47 AM
I'd like to see Los Alamitos, Santa Anita, and Del Mar ban him from their tracks for the rest of the year. They'd get a lot of good publicity if they did that and more importantly they'd be doing the right thing.

Andy Asaro
09-04-2018, 12:01 PM
I’d be up for a boycott of any race Desormeax rides in until the Tracks or the CHRB does the right thing.

We never quit,

A

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/229376/stewards-suspend-kent-desormeaux-for-riding-effort

Robert Fischer
09-04-2018, 12:55 PM
He seems to be proud of himself.
3 days?????

No wonder has has an attitude.

Make the 60 days 120 days.:puke:

3 days? What a joke.

Again i ask you people what is the benefit of the supposed lazy rides?

There is no benefit. It's not a 'rational' game-theory type of thing where you can 'ask people' and get a solution. He's prone to emotional reactions when he loses a placing, and he's prone to misjudgments when he thinks he has a placing locked up.

Maybe he was taught to save horse when the placings have been decided, rather than futile hard-use?? It helps your horse, it shows a mastery of the game, it refrains from futile wasted energy.

The problem is that he misjudges those situations often enough that he's reached a point where he must cease and desist all judgments in those situations, and ride like a rookie, even when the placings appear to be decided. He is a good rider with moments of brilliance, but he's made this mistake repeatedly, and it needs to stop.

airford1
09-04-2018, 04:52 PM
No matter it makes the game hard to play.

v j stauffer
09-04-2018, 05:13 PM
https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036814348964904960

https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1036821355650404352

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036832426968854529

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036838789333676032

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036861599447838720

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036863961440735232

https://twitter.com/DesormeauxKent/status/1036866737252093952

My tweet , shockingly , was taken out of context.

When I said it was in response to a Tweet complaining about and knocking Kent.

Saying he was a bad rider.

That's when I tweeted well then " Bet against him"

Out of context.

Andy Asaro
09-06-2018, 05:50 PM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1037806358672756736

cj
09-06-2018, 06:21 PM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1037806358672756736

What a sad state of affairs. KGB interrogations were probably more transparent

Tom
09-07-2018, 10:09 AM
They had a meeting of the minds and the stewards were unarmed.

Andy Asaro
11-05-2018, 11:40 AM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1059244275051880448

SG4
11-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Saw there was a horse running at SA on Saturday named Ride to the Wire, is that supposed to be a troll job on KD?

Tom
11-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Maybe Kent's problem is hemorrhoids.

Elkchester Road
11-06-2018, 12:53 PM
It never ends.

The powers that be have let it be known they aren't interested in stopping it. Evidently, owners/trainers aren't concerned because he continues to be named to ride. If the people involved at the highest levels of the business don't care...it should be obvious where bettors figure in this equation. If you play the races he is in, and subsequently get assraped...you have no one to blame but yourself. Unless you are a beneficiary of his nonsense.

As horseplayers...this is just another problem in the heap. It just seems sometimes like horseplayers get the worst of it (shoved in their ass) to the point that it isn't worth what one puts up with for what it is they get out of it, regardless of what their bottom line says.

JustRalph
11-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Maybe Kent's problem is hemorrhoids.

Finally an answer