PDA

View Full Version : Master Consensus

Stealth
09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Has anyone purchased and used the Master Consensus from RPM?

dav4463
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I saw the ad for it. It looks like it uses so many different methods that it will invariably land upon a favorite most of the time and be no better than most other methods such as Bris Prime Power. I haven't seen it though, so I am just guessing.

jk3521
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Has anyone had ANY success with ANY RPM product?

Lefty
09-08-2004, 08:49 PM
The ad for Master Consensus with its 23 systems reminded me of Wolson's Powerline. A ripoff or another way to recycle a prgm whose sales might've peaked?

wolsons
09-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Are you implying that the RPM program is actually my program??
If I misunderstood you, you have my apologies in advance - if I didn't misundertand you, than that's one HELL of an assumption to make when you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

I have no idea what that program is about, and I have my own problems with RPM that go back some years, but trust me when I tell you that you're barking up the wrong tree.

Steve

Speed Figure
09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Steve,

I think he's saying that the program seems alot like your. It hads 23 systems somewhat like your. They offer it at $250.

andicap
09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
The ad for Master Consensus with its 23 systems reminded me of Wolson's Powerline. A ripoff or another way to recycle a prgm whose sales might've peaked?

why is Steve's program a rip-off? He's proving its worth all the time on the Selection board.

Lefty
09-08-2004, 11:17 PM
andicap, I didn't say Steve's system is a ripoff. I said they might be ripping off Steve's system. Big diff, no?
Steve, how do you know they're not ripping you off? The simarlarities are amazing just from their ad. You see, I usually do know what the hell i'm talking about. I said maybe and maybe they are. You have 23 individual systems in your prgm. So do they, so don't go "highhorse on me."

headhawg
09-09-2004, 12:05 AM
My guess is that the programmer of Master Consensus (Len CZ) is using some of the systems he tested from The Top 52, a book he authored in which he tested...uh...52 systems. He had to write the code for them in order for them to be tested, so all he needed was to add a decent user interface, and take out the bugs.

The Power Plus factors in MC are probably taken from The Las Vegas Handicappers Bible by Clint Tracy (Dave Powers??).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so if they were trying to develop something along the lines of Steve's Power-Online software more power (pun intended) to them. Doesn't mean it's going to work; I don't see anyone from RPM posting picks. The ad makes it sound great, though. Maybe someone here will buy it. :)

Lefty
09-09-2004, 01:05 AM
headhawg, you prob. nailed it. I had forgotten about the 52 system review book. Yeah, pretty sure Tracy and Powers are same. I had audios from both and it's the same voice.

midnight
09-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Clint Tracy and Dave Powers are one and the same.

A guy gave me something similar to what's being talked about---a program touted on RPM that uses 14 of Chuck Blaskower's systems...I think it's called Power Zap. It sold for $200 back in 1998. It takes BRIS data and results files and models each system by track. I fed it 500 racecards, or about 5,000 races. Every one of the systems showed a loss overall. Of course one or two out of the 14 would show a profit at one track or another, expected due to deviation and smaller sample sizes. That kind of "modelling" is the same principle ADPA used for its Focus 2000 product and its 15 different variables.

The only thing I've seen from RPM that was any good (and I've seen dozens of their systems that guys in the race books have bought), was Steve Collisions "Inside the Claiming Game". Good reading, well written. I'm not saying that everying else that RPM sells is worthless. But the site is mostly hype and not much of value imho. When they claim that they have 200 or 300 systems that ALL show a 30-40% positive ROI......well, it reminds me of the medicine men of a century ago that had bottles of magic potions that would cure everything. They were 90% alcohol so for a while they'd make the sucker THINK he or she felt better anyway.

I have a database now for the entire 2002 calendar year. About 55,000 races from all major and intermediate tracks. If I have some free time I might test some of these magic systems out. I don't expect much better than 0.85 ROI though.

wolsons
09-09-2004, 06:20 AM
If that was what you were referring to, then as I said in my prior response, 'If I misunderstood you, you have my apologies in advance...'

Steve

andicap
09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
andicap, I didn't say Steve's system is a ripoff. I said they might be ripping off Steve's system. Big diff, no?
Steve, how do you know they're not ripping you off? The simarlarities are amazing just from their ad. You see, I usually do know what the hell i'm talking about. I said maybe and maybe they are. You have 23 individual systems in your prgm. So do they, so don't go "highhorse on me."

my apologies.

betchatoo
09-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I do have a friend with the program. I'll see if I can get him to do a few tracks and I'll post it in selections under Master Consensus

Lefty
09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Steve, one of the points of my posting was to also alert you if you were being ripped off. I've seen more than 1 software seller being ripped off lately. Also, RPM puts out a money mgt system by Dr. Anthony that looks like a blatent ripoff of Dick Herter.

wolsons
09-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I see that now and thank you for the heads-up. I was just a little over-tired last night when I wrongly jumped all over your post - just ignore me when I get like that!

;)

John
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
What a class act....Wolson and Andicap Nice exacta box.

John
09-09-2004, 05:05 PM
betchatoo

Please do and try to post MC selections.

I will try to post POL selections for the same tracks.

I'll bet on POL being the winner.

Lefty
09-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Steve, came on a little strong myself. We're square.