PDA

View Full Version : Assault weapons ban

ljb
09-08-2004, 07:51 AM
The ban of assault weapons is about to expire. Congress is ready and willing to extend this ban, they are just waiting for a nudge from the President to do so. I urge you all to contact the President and ask him to extend the ban on assault weapons.
Thank you.

doophus
09-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Some more of that "feel good" legislation.

The expiring ban is on semi-automatic weapons that have only superficial likeness to the real "assault weapons." Any weapon in the hands of a thug is an assault weapon, and THUGS don't buy weapons.

Contact your Congressman, Senator, and the White House.

BAN THUGS!!!

JustRalph
09-08-2004, 12:28 PM
whatever........... I will still have my shotgun...........it's the close in work that counts...........

Lefty
09-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Speaking of Shotguns, John F. Kerry just accepted a shotgun as a gift. Now, one of the few pieces of legislation he's proposed in his 20 yrs as Senator proposed to BAN this type of gun and he's accepting them as gifts! What a hippocrite. I guess the F does stand for Flip-flop.

kenwoodallpromos
09-08-2004, 12:39 PM
A ban on anything not used in hunting would be fine with me; As long as I thought the Libs would want to stop there.
2 good ideas- Bush 1 wanted instant ID checks, and Clinton wanted riflings registered; both ideas were good but were not put into effect.

Lefty
09-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Bans don't work. Criminals don't obey the law that's why they're called criminals. A well-armed citizenry is safer than an unarmed one.

JustRalph
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
A ban on anything not used in hunting would be fine with me; As long as I thought the Libs would want to stop there.
2 good ideas- Bush 1 wanted instant ID checks, and Clinton wanted riflings registered; both ideas were good but were not put into effect.

registration of rifling is a joke.......... I can tell you 3 ways to beat it and you can use all 3 ways over and over again.........

I don't mind instant I.D. checks..........we basically do it here in Ohio. It takes 15 minutes sometimes for your "Instant I.D. Check" but it works........

Tom
09-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Ljb, ll those well paid, over-perked people in congress and they have to wait for a nudge from the president?
Do they wait for him to tell them to go pee?
Must be not a one of them believe in gun control enough to do his/her own damn job? Pretty pathetic, eh?

The only gun control I am in favor of is learning how to hold it steady while you aim it. Other than that, I go by the literal words in the Constitution..."....Congress shall pass no law...."
That mean NO law to me. If you can get your hands on a Howitzer, it should be matter between you and your zoning board. I guarrentee you I will respect your property rights if you get one!:rolleyes:

Lance
09-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Tom wrote:

"The only gun control I am in favor of is learning how to hold it steady while you aim it. Other than that, I go by the literal words in the Constitution..."....Congress shall pass no law...."
That mean NO law to me."

Which amendment are you quoting here, Tom?

Tom
09-09-2004, 11:25 PM
XI

Lance
09-09-2004, 11:30 PM
No, that's not 11. 11 concerns states being sued by citizens of other states.

JustMissed
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
The Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

JM

Lance
09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Yes, but Tom was talking about a different amendment. I know this because Tom quoted different words, and Tom goes "by the literal words in the Constitution."

JustMissed
09-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Article [X.]
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

After reading the "Kick POS Out Poll' thread today, I wonder if a few of the fellows ever heard or read this one.

Gun control
Killing babies
Defending child molesters

My, my, doesn't sound like the will of the people to me.

JM

Tom
09-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Lance
Yes, but Tom was talking about a different amendment. I know this because Tom quoted different words, and Tom goes "by the literal words in the Constitution."

Lance, How about them Cowboys!