PDA

View Full Version : Drayden VanDyke Wins 7 on Sunday at Del Mar. Just Wow!

Andy Asaro
08-19-2018, 09:44 PM
https://twitter.com/BH_JBalan/status/1031356046277664768

GMB@BP
08-19-2018, 09:51 PM
Crazy, lota live mounts but they all ran and he made the ride decisions in some really tough turf events.

The only thing I have heard about him was he is a great person so I wish him the best, especially given the injury and other stuff he has had to deal with the past couple years.

clicknow
08-20-2018, 07:56 AM
maybe betting jockeys instead of horses in pick 3s, 4s and 5s is better bet

bello
08-20-2018, 09:35 AM
When Drayden was an apprentice I was spending a decent amount of time in AZ and hitting Turf Paradise every chance I could.

Though Dreyden was making a name for himself as an apprenticeon SoCal circuit, he would be in Turf Paradise every Monday and Tuesday continuing to learn and improve.

Great work ethic in a young kid. Glad to see the end results of the hard work.

JustRalph
08-20-2018, 09:48 AM
I watched the entire card while working in my home office. He could do no wrong. Every decision he made, especially in that last turf race, just turned out perfect. He had some very good luck, but he was en fuego

pandy
08-20-2018, 10:46 AM
For a 23 year old jockey, who doesn't ride for Baffert, to win 7 races on a card at Del Mar, that's huge. Two were for Sadler but, still, amazing day.

GMB@BP
08-20-2018, 01:49 PM
For a 23 year old jockey, who doesn't ride for Baffert, to win 7 races on a card at Del Mar, that's huge. Two were for Sadler but, still, amazing day.

he rides most of bafferts horses

Suff
08-20-2018, 04:00 PM
What a weekend for Del-Mar, Record handles, Great Racing, The Pacific Classic, The Van Dyke Record tying day, and also Rosario at Delmar showed his game.

Great Show! Loved it.

ReplayRandall
08-20-2018, 04:07 PM
What a weekend for Del-Mar, Record handles, Great Racing, The Pacific Classic, The Van Dyke Record tying day, and also Rosario at Delmar showed his game.

Great Show! Loved it.

Seems like Del Mar is on the upswing, while Saratoga is having an "off" meet.....Strange turn of events from the norm.

Suff
08-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Seems like Del Mar is on the upswing, while Saratoga is having an "off" meet.....Strange turn of events from the norm.

I lived in Oceanside for awhile, then moved to Carlsbad, & my office was in Kearney Mesa, near the miramar naval air station. I drove PCH everyday.

DelMar is world class. Throw in the racing meet and its like whipped cream on top. The place is breathtaking. Del-Mar vs Saratoga, they are both the best in the world.

The rain was crazy. Hurt. I'm in Florida and I'm working fast and furious to get to Saratoga this weekend. Rain, sleet or snow, I love it there.

ReplayRandall
08-20-2018, 08:34 PM
I lived in Oceanside for awhile, then moved to Carlsbad, & my office was in Kearney Mesa, near the miramar naval air station. I drove PCH everyday.

DelMar is world class. Throw in the racing meet and its like whipped cream on top. The place is breathtaking. Del-Mar vs Saratoga, they are both the best in the world.

The rain was crazy. Hurt. I'm in Florida and I'm working fast and furious to get to Saratoga this weekend. Rain, sleet or snow, I love it there.

Lived in Carlsbad myself in Calavera Hills.....Used to pick up dinner at the best pizza joint in the US, right off of El Camino Real---->That Pizza Place..:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Ever eat there?

Suff
08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Lived in Carlsbad myself in Calavera Hills.....Used to pick up dinner at the best pizza joint in the US, right off of El Camino Real---->That Pizza Place..:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Ever eat there?

20-25 years ago. I just remember the drive. Encinitas, into La Jolla, Delmar. To this day, probably, pound for pound, the most stunning Ocean views I've seen in my life.
It deal feel odd to be driving south and have an ocean on my right hand side.. Grew up on the Atlantic, the Ocean was always on my left....:)

ReplayRandall
08-20-2018, 08:43 PM
20-25 years ago. I just remember the drive. Encinitas, into La Jolla, Delmar. To this day, probably, pound for pound, the most stunning Ocean views I've seen in my life.
It deal feel odd to be driving south and have an ocean on my right hand side.. Grew up on the Atlantic, the Ocean was always on my left....:)

You forgot Cardiff by the Sea...