PDA

View Full Version : French Dressing

TriSuper
09-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi all.

Did you happen to see the debut of FRENCH DRESSING in the 7th race at the SPA on Monday (9/6/04)? This runner from the Christophe Clement barn was 18-1 but ran like a superstar in the making. Will be watching this one closely. If you get the chance, check out the fractions this one ran and if you can, take a look at the replay and watch with amazement.

Later.

Trisuper

My website (http://attheraces.blogspot.com/)

WJ47
09-10-2004, 01:55 AM
LOL, I sure did notice! That horse cost me the Pick 6, I had to settle for the measly $84 payoff for 5 correct. Wow, what a performance! I'll bet he's going to turn out to be a great racehorse.

the little guy
09-10-2004, 10:53 AM
The horse made a huge late run in a race that completely collapsed due to a ridiculously fast pace set by " jockey " V. Fernandez on Island Charm. The third place finisher, Exploit'em ( a John Ward horse ) made a similar late run, but unlike French Dressing, he had the misfortune of being inside of horses. If you switched positions, Exploit'em may well have won, as it is much easier for horses to make late outside runs where they are unencumbered by rivals.

I would be very surprised if French Dressing's running style proves successful in his next outings. While he may improve as he races, my guess is that ultimately his 18-1 odds will prove much more indicative of his ability. And also the field he beat Monday was very weak.

Zaf
09-10-2004, 11:05 AM
22.91, :45.96, 1:09.96

those are pretty fast splits for the weeds !

ZAFONIC

Valuist
09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
After that kind of pace and only being beaten 3 lengths, I thought Island Charm was the best horse in that race. The pace was so fast that after a 1/4 mile, the horse laying 4th was already 11 1/2 lengths behind. That's rare for a dirt race and unheard of in a NY turf race.

the little guy
09-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
After that kind of pace and only being beaten 3 lengths, I thought Island Charm was the best horse in that race. The pace was so fast that after a 1/4 mile, the horse laying 4th was already 11 1/2 lengths behind. That's rare for a dirt race and unheard of in a NY turf race.

I agree.