PDA

View Full Version : Classless Yankee Morons...

sq764
09-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Yankees management wants Major League baseball to launch an investigation into why Tampa Bay didn't make it up for their 3:00 game.. There was a freaking hurricane and they wonder why?? Do you think possibly they wanted to spend time with their familires??

And it's a 5 game series! They have 3 days to schedule a doubleheader..

New York should be proud.. Morons..

dav4463
09-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Were the Yankees scheduled to go anywhere on the evening of the 9/11 disaster ? If so, they should understand.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey look, SQ starts another Yankee bashing thread. I guess this is #2, right SQ??

:rolleyes:

sq764
09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
That's weak PA..

You know this has nothing to do with Boston or the Yanks it happens to do with complete idiocy... I can't help that it was New York who acted this way..

cj
09-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I really so no defense for the behavior the Yankees, they come off looking like complete jackasses here.

sq764
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM
It's really disappointing, to be honest. As much as I love to see the Yanks lose, I always had respect for them as a classy organization, and much respect for Torre as a classy manager.

I know he can't overstep his management, but he should speak up..

OTM Al
09-07-2004, 04:27 PM
It looks bad except for the fact that Major League Baseball told them to get out of Florida on Friday. The D-Rays elected not to, saying that they couldn't get hotel rooms. Detroit had no problem getting out of dodge before the storm hit. By the rules, they were within their rights to ask for a forfeit. It would be a free win and it was worth the shot.

gillenr
09-07-2004, 04:55 PM
They had 24hrs to get out, or ask MLB for relief. Instead, they made a unilateral decision to risk missing the games. If you take a risk, pay the penalty - just like we do when we make a bet.

sq764
09-07-2004, 05:42 PM
They said they could not retain a charter flight, they attempted to get out..

This is a natural disaster we are talking about, not snow or rain or ice..

If you want to ask for a forfeit, go ahead.. When it's denied, which is was right away, you let it go.. You don't ask the league to launch an investigation into it. They chose to do so and they look like a bunch of asses now.

gillenr
09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
It was their responsibility to get there, or get relief from MLB. I wonder if you would be saying these things if it wasn't the Yanks.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Probably not. But then again, this is only his 2nd thread started that bashes the Yankees....honest....really....look it up....

:rolleyes:

andicap
09-07-2004, 10:25 PM
You Yankee bashers are doing a terrible job defending the Devil Rays.

They did not leave the area earlier because of concern for their families. Aubrey Huff did not make the trip because his house was under 10 feet of water.
The players' first priority is their families' safety not whether the Yankees have an opponent for a ballgame.
I congratulate the Devil Rays on having their priorities straight and condemn the Yankees for trying to force a forfeit.

And I am a Yankee fan.

sq764
09-07-2004, 10:37 PM
No one needs to defend the Devil Rays..

Just watching the Yankee fans somehow defend this idiocy tells me all I need to know. It's win at all costs, including family.

How quickly they forget wanting to be with their families on 9/11..

It's kinda sickening if you ask me

Tom
09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I think the operative word here is "game."
Nothing or any importance ever occurred in a ballpark. Ever.
And I find it amusing that the word class is used in reference to people who professionally spit and scratch themselves for a living! :D

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by sq764
No one needs to defend the Devil Rays..

Just watching the Yankee fans somehow defend this idiocy tells me all I need to know. It's win at all costs, including family.

How quickly they forget wanting to be with their families on 9/11..

It's kinda sickening if you ask me

You're out of your freakin mind. I did not for ONE SECOND defend the Yankees in this thread. I called you out on Yankee bashing, which you will do at ANY turn, whether it is warranted or not.

And to compare this to 9/11 is a mockery. You should be ashamed of yourself.

People are WAY too quick to throw 9/11 around these days. Way too quick. Think about that on the third anniversary coming up in less than 4 days.....

sq764
09-08-2004, 09:22 AM
PA, you have a guilty concience? I never said you defended the Yankees, did I?

Or is this just like all the Yankee bashing threads that you say I mysteriously make up? If you want to bust my chops, feel free, but don't make shit up please, it's very unbecoming..

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2004, 08:04 PM
You started this pissing contest, with, and I quote:

Nope, just noticed that when the Yankees are getting their brains beat in you and CJ are mighty quiet.. When they are winning, you seem to spring up with new threads on the AL East..

Just funny, thats all..

I don't know about CJ, but I'm good for two whole threads this year....(2)

syyamo
09-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Living in the affected area, I feel compelled to speak up on this matter.

The Yankees do not understand the degree of the trouble in Florida. They really need to take a very strong look at how they would feel if they were out of town during a natural disaster. Or have they forgotten Florida is a federal disaster area and has been for 3+ weeks.

Some facts:

1) The Devil Rays were on a road trip while Hurricane Charley hit 3 weeks ago. This is fresh in their mind of being out of town, not being able to attend to their property, or more importantly, their families.

2) Whether or not the D'Rays could have gotten out of town or not is not the pont. The issue was settled when they rightfully decided to stay at home with their families. A perfect example, and close to the heart: I was scheduled to take a Labor Day holiday at Del Mar. It was cancelled to stay at home and attend to not insignificant matters like draining my pool to prevent possible flooding. removing all the furniture off of the deck to prevent strong winds from picking it up and smashing it to pieces against my house., boarding up the window to prevent projecties from smashing the windows thereby making it more likely my roof would be scattered all over Cental Florida. I have family in the area and they have been without phone service since the storm. How do you think I would feel to be in San Diego and call to check on their well being and not recieve an answer. Luckily they have power: it is hot in Florida in Septermber. How would I feel if my family was forced to stay in a non-airconditioned house while I was on vacation? It's not too much of a stretch to understand the D'Rays mind set. We help our neigborhs here and as good citizens of the community the D'Rays did likewise.

3) They did attempt to fly out on Monday Morning. 1) TPA was still closed, so they tried Sarasota. One problem. They Sunshine Skyway bridge was closed due to high winds. This necessitated a round the bay trip from St. Pete through flooded streets. That airport was subsequently closed and so the D' Rays looked to Ft. Myers but that airport was shut due to tornado warnings.

I could be real snide and chide the Yankees for cancelling the doubleheader today over an "little bit of rain" oh, yes, the same storm that brought river levels to 22 Ft and have flooded out homes on stilts is now dumping it's evil contents on NYC. Poetic justice if you ask me.

Finally,please consider a contribution to relief agencies. There are people still homeless from Hurricane Charley, additional damage from Franciis and may go for the triple crown with Ivan early next week.

Baseball just doesn't carry the same significance at a time like this and that was certainly lost on the Yankees, as well as a bit of their percieved class.

For shame.

sq764
09-08-2004, 10:02 PM
PA, you are mixing threads, that is quite sad.. I thought you were Secretariat for a moment..

Come one man, you are disappointing me with your recent posts..

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2004, 11:08 PM
The threads are VERY much related in my mind....

Besides, it's freakin baseball anyway. Who freakin cares all that much? You guys are acting like this even matters in the grand scheme of things.

Good, so the Yankees tried to take advantage of the situation. They need every game they can get at this point. If the opportunity is there, I doubt any other team in the league, in this close of a pennant race, would have passed up the chance to possibly get a free game....

Shame on the Yankees. Happy now?

But like I said, I doubt any other team in a similar situation wouldn't have made that play....and you guys all know this is true.

So get off your high horses.

sq764
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
PA, you said I was yankee bashing and that is not true.. I was stating a story that was simply ridiculous.. It happened to be the Yankees that did it, not my fault..

Would any other team do it? Probably.... Was it any other team? no..

Just do not chalk this up to Yankee bashing.. It was idiocy bashing, and the Yankees happened to be the idiots..

JustRalph
09-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I heard on the radio tonight the while the fans were waiting for the Devil Rays to show up, Steinbrenner opened all the concessions (except alcohol) up for free Hot Dogs and cokes for everyone ............... now that guy knows how to keep em happy........ In Cincinnati they would have added a surcharge for overtime parking your ass...............

sq764
09-10-2004, 02:09 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/19376.htm

OTM Al
09-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Being a NYer I wouldn't exactly class the Post as media....maybe entertainment, though its generally about as entertaining as a toothache. Give me the Daily News anytime. They got better cartoons.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Jeez...is this thing still in the public eye???

Let it go already.

sq764
09-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Tell Rupert, not me..

(I can see by your frustration you must have caught tonight's game :-)

gillenr
09-10-2004, 10:40 PM
I as a Yankee fan appreciate the rantings of the "haters". I understand you are a loser, and I appreciate your contributions to my bankroll in any endeavor. We have won over 25% of the championships played in our sport - forever - and we will continue.
Put that in your pipe & smoke it, loser!

sq764
09-10-2004, 10:50 PM
You sound like a frustrated Yankee fan... Name calling is a sign that the shit is hitting the fan :-) (Shoulda got Randy Johnson, that was your only hope)

I don't hate the Yankees at all.. I think they have a decent team this year.. Not sure where you get that I hate them. I simply mentioned the 14 more runs they gave up, that is all..

I guess it's getting a little sensitive up there, I can tell the guys at work that jerk off to the Yankee posters are getting quite edgy of late :-)

(Put that in your pipe and smoke it???? Good Lord, if you are going to insult someone at least do it right)

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Awww, come on SQ. We only lost by 6 runs....we've gained a half game on the Sox, and we're 7-3 in our last 10 games....

How come no props on the sweep of the DH yesterday? LOL

GIVE US A BREAK, will YA?

sq764
09-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Sweeping Tampa isn't really Prop-worthy :-)

All bs aside, I hope it's as good as it was last year..

My compeletely unbiased opinion is that the Yankees are a little light on starting pitching, especially if brown is out.. El Duque is solid, Mussina seems to be getting better, but too many bombs.. Vasquez is hit or miss.. After that I am not sure what they have..

To be totally honest, I am impressed that they are still winning games with the pitching.. They play well as a team, which is why they stay good..

If it turns out to be Sox/Yanks in the series, I would hope it's even near the excitement of last year's..

cj
09-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Keep in mind this is coming from a lifetime Os fan, but Melvin Mora is developing into one of the best players in baseball, and also a relative unknown. Average, power, speed, and he can play ANY position on the field.

sq764
09-11-2004, 08:46 AM
CJ, I am impressed with that pitcher Ryan.. He's got nasty stuff and I wouldn't be surprised if a contender tries to pick him up for their bullpen..

If they could get 1 or 2 more starters, they could be tough.. Their offense is solid..

cj
09-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't see the Orioles giving Ryan up, he's pretty solid. They are actually, for the first time in over a decade, building a pretty solid, and more importantly young, nucleus. They certainly aren't shy about spending money, as they are a big draw and cash isn't a problem. The problem was they spent it on old name guys instead of young rising players. Tejada and Mora are a real nice start in the right direction.

WINMANWIN
09-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Keep in mind this is coming from a lifetime Os fan, but Melvin Mora is developing into one of the best players in baseball, and also a relative unknown. Average, power, speed, and he can play ANY position on the field.

Another Good Trade by the MUTS:eek: :rolleyes:

sq764
09-11-2004, 08:58 AM
I can't believe the Mets traded Kazimir.. What were they thinking??

sq764
09-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Which is worse, 22-0 to the Indians or losing 17-3 in the 7th to the Royals??

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Every time the Yanks get beat, you post. Weird.

You neglect the fact that they are winning a lot more games then they are losing lately, AND despite all this crap ball they are playing (according to you), they've picked up another game on the Red Sox. (4)