PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 9-6

SAL
09-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Picks for Del Mar Monday:

R2 #1 She’s a Freebie-Makes second start for the good Carava barn. Should take control of the pace from the rail early and not look back.

R3 #8 Buck Tuddy Buck-Wild Gold doing well as a sire of FTS, and Ward excellent at sending them out first pop.

R5 #10 Spencer’s Magic-Trouble prone for sure. This heat sets up well for him, the pace looks to be hot. If Garcia can keep him clear of trouble he should be a factor late.

R6 #4 Marino Marini-O’Neill having a great meet here. This one has fired fresh before, had been knocking heads with some tough runners. Can run with any pace, and his worktab looks solid.

R7 #9 Long Range Missle-Looked good in maiden breaker. Given a brief freshening since then, with a solid worktab in between. Good spot for repeat.

R8 #8 Sujimoto-A Frankel longshot. Showed enough in his US debut to make me believe he’s got a shot here. Looking for an improved effort in his second local start.

R9 #3 Toofastforyou-Drops and gets a new jock. Should establish good position here. I have knocks against most of the others here.

R10 #7 Forest Way-Trouble cost him a better finish last time. Clean trip today puts him right there.

Yesterday: 1-5

Total this meet: 26-127 20%

ROI: 0.96

Tee
09-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Rc 1 - Top Money #3 should be able to sit and finish.

Rc 2 - Charlize #4 - has some excuses in her last two. Claimed by high % trnr last out. Drop down could help her out. Would endorse the 1, but she could face decent pace pressure from the 6 & 7.

Rc 3 - Cash in the Bank #3 should be prominent throughout. Look for Yes He's a Pistol 1A to improve in his 2nd start today.

Rc 4 - Cleft #7 comes back from vacation for Mandella with a solid worktab. This one is bred very nice & should enjoy the mile distance today. Wouldn't be surprised to see #6 Jewel of the Night come out running today- by Giant's Causeway out of a General Meeting mare who is kin to General Challenge.

Rc 5 - Does Legal Logic #5 take money & burn it again today? Rush Country & Sharp Marc #'s 7 & 8 look like logical contenders to me.

Rc 6 - I see some spd signed on in this heat. Something that the old Bluesthestandard #5 could take advnatage of, question is does he have any of the old stuff? Tough Game #8 has shown the versatility to be in the mix as well.

Rc 7 - This one looks like it has more questions than answers. I'll go with Valiant Edge #3 coming back off a year break for Eoin Harty & the 1st time Mullins horse My Last Chance #8

Rc 8 - Fast and Furious #9 likes to see the winners circle, has been working well for McAnally. Sujimoto should move forward for Frankel. Blackdoun has to take a step back sometime doesn't he?

Rc 9 - I'll take Kissin Ty #7 in this lackluster affair.

Rc 10 - I'll go with two horses exiting the same race that found the same trouble. That would be Forest Way & Like a Tiger #'s 7 & 1.

Tee
09-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Make that #7 Cash in the Bank - Race 3.