PDA

View Full Version : Toga Race 2

Tom
08-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Manny Franco nearly went down on the :5: in the stretch.
Nice work to get back in the saddle.

cj
08-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Irad should get days for this. We'll never know if it was his intent, but it sure looked like he was helping keep a horse pinned in while his brother was winning the race. It is a bad look and it was dangerous.

trifecta
08-10-2018, 01:43 AM
Looked like he did it on purpose. It's time they set this guy (Irad) down for a long period of time. He's going to get someone killed.

lamboguy
08-10-2018, 06:52 AM
i am glad someone else brought this up because its been going on a long time in new york riding as partners long before the ortiz brothers

Robert Fischer
08-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Irad should get days for this. We'll never know if it was his intent, but it sure looked like he was helping keep a horse pinned in while his brother was winning the race. It is a bad look and it was dangerous.

That was very dangerous.

Lesser incident in yesterday's 8th race, with Saez (on the winner :2: Goodbye Brockley) making sure he brushed into the :3: Kreesie keeping that one in behind horses and hopefully off-stride. Assuming the :3: wouldn't have done anything anyway, it actually made the finish with vs the :6: a lot closer than it needed to be.

Didn't have any bet on that race, but I thought the :3: ran OK considering the fractious gate behavior/necessity to re-load, and then that brush in the stretch.

Tom
08-10-2018, 11:41 AM
They make the Ortiz brother run as an entry - :1: and :1a:
You cash no matter which one wins.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of very questionable ride at both Toga and DelMar - rides that could cause a spill or worse. Stewards really not doing a good job at either track.