PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing on Vegas Strip?

upthecreek
08-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Sounds like an idiotic idea to me

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Report_British_enterprise_could_bring_horse_racing _to_Las_Vegas_123#

Augenj
08-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Man, I hope not for the horses' sake. :ThmbDown:

RunForTheRoses
08-09-2018, 10:51 AM
From October to April it would be possible weather wise. It would need a big investment to get sand,etc down.

Does anyone know what became of the idea a few years ago to have horse racing on the AC beach? Guess it was never to be taken seriously, possibly like this idea.

sydr
08-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Many years ago they tried horse racing it didn't last. Then they tried dogs in the '80's and that flopped. Just too much going on here. I have lived here for forty years an I don't go to the strip anymore.

olddaddy
08-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Many years ago they tried horse racing it didn't last. Then they tried dogs in the '80's and that flopped. Just too much going on here. I have lived here for 40 forty years an I don't go to the strip anymore.

You forgot Jai Alai

Hapman
08-09-2018, 01:15 PM
I don't care if they claim it's safe with three layers...it just sounds extremely dangerous for horses and jockeys.

Plus the logistics just don't make sense to me. They claim they can be "in and out in 24-48 hours." Really? Bringing in and laying down an entire surface, plus the rails, seating, barn areas, bathing areas, etc.

Plus you're going to do this in a place that can get up to 110 degrees or more?

Are they nuts?