PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Stakes 8/5

Loserdave
08-05-2018, 11:09 AM
4 minor stakes at Ellis today on the grass. Prep races for Kentucky Downs races next month. Brad Cox sends out legit heavy favorites in 3 of them.
Race 5. Turf Sprint. Brad Cox sends out Will Call at 8-5. I will be happy if I can get the 8-5. Only real threat looks to be Angaston who lost by a head to Will Call last out at CD.
Race 6.Turf Cup at 1 1/4. Brad Cox sends out Arklow at 9/5. He's run against better horses than these, but I will look to try and beat him. I will try Sir Dudley Digges who is coming off a couple of polytrack losses at Woodbine. He's back on the grass and I'm hoping he steps up.
Race 8. Tourist Mile Preview. Brad Cox sends out Mr Misunderstood at even money. He comes off a win in the Wise Dan at CD and will be hard to beat. I may try the other Brad Cox horse Cowboy Culture who hasn't raced this year but won a couple of stakes races last year. One for my exotics will be Siem Riep. Ellis's turf course is often kind to frontrunners and Siem Riep should be on the lead early.
Race 9. Ladies Turf stakes. No Brad Cox horses in here. My chance to score I hope. I like a 10-1 shot named Sailor's Valentine. She's a daughter of Mizzen Mast who's only made 2 starts on the grass. The last was a better than it looked 3rd in the Lady Canterbury last out. I think she has a legit chance in here and the price is right.

TexasDolly
08-05-2018, 11:36 AM
4 minor stakes at Ellis today on the grass. Prep races for Kentucky Downs races next month. Brad Cox sends out legit heavy favorites in 3 of them.
Race 5. Turf Sprint. Brad Cox sends out Will Call at 8-5. I will be happy if I can get the 8-5. Only real threat looks to be Angaston who lost by a head to Will Call last out at CD.
Race 6.Turf Cup at 1 1/4. Brad Cox sends out Arklow at 9/5. He's run against better horses than these, but I will look to try and beat him. I will try Sir Dudley Digges who is coming off a couple of polytrack losses at Woodbine. He's back on the grass and I'm hoping he steps up.
Race 8. Tourist Mile Preview. Brad Cox sends out Mr Misunderstood at even money. He comes off a win in the Wise Dan at CD and will be hard to beat. I may try the other Brad Cox horse Cowboy Culture who hasn't raced this year but won a couple of stakes races last year. One for my exotics will be Siem Riep. Ellis's turf course is often kind to frontrunners and Siem Riep should be on the lead early.
Race 9. Ladies Turf stakes. No Brad Cox horses in here. My chance to score I hope. I like a 10-1 shot named Sailor's Valentine. She's a daughter of Mizzen Mast who's only made 2 starts on the grass. The last was a better than it looked 3rd in the Lady Canterbury last out. I think she has a legit chance in here and the price is right.

Like the #6(tizzarunner) in the 6th.
Like the 9(sailor) in the 9th as well . Also may play the 6,7 depending on the price.

Good Luck
TD