PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer, truly a great card

lamboguy
08-04-2018, 04:56 PM
but why in Gods name do they want to run head to head with Saratoga on Whitney day and the Meadowlands and Hambletonian.

they should be running at night like they always do and they would do triple the handle.

Tom
08-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Yes, makes NO sense the way they do it.
And one week after three other 3yo stakes to boot.

I just caught the Derby, but missed all the other stakes.
Too bad, but Mnr is just never going to attract attention from anyone else, let alone Toga and the Hambo.

You would think they would figure that out. Duh.

rrpic6
08-04-2018, 10:33 PM
but why in Gods name do they want to run head to head with Saratoga on Whitney day and the Meadowlands and Hambletonian.

they should be running at night like they always do and they would do triple the handle.

60 total horses ran in the 9 race card. 18 were scratched. This on a perfect Summer day. The old bait and switch again at the Mountain. Horses being entered for races the connections have no intentions of running in. Were they even on the grounds? Tick-tock, tick-tock. Last year the Derby was worth $750K, this year $500K. Next year could be when it goes as a 150K Stakes with the loss of being a Grade 3. This year's edition was no better than an optional allowance claiming race.

RR

SharpCat
08-04-2018, 11:22 PM

Maybe Meadowlands should have run at night like they always do????? I mean the W Virginia Derby did about $150,000 more in handle than the Hambletonian.

anotherCAfan
08-05-2018, 04:07 PM
TVG couldn't put the marquee race from Mountaineer on TVG as opposed to TVG2?

lamboguy
08-05-2018, 04:34 PM
i thought they had some great races yesterday. they spent the money and got less exposure than what they could have got.

this must have been a corporate decision, and i don't think it was that smart.

SandyW
08-05-2018, 10:11 PM
TVG is partners with Fanduels Sports and the owner of the Meadowlands.
That is one of the reasons that The Meadowlands takes preface over MNR.
Also it just happens to be the biggest day of the year in harness racing.

Rico8812
08-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Of all the shit tracks out there, mountaineer is the worst run across the board.

No offense mountainman. I do like your commentary, but pretty much despise everything else on how that place is run.