PDA

View Full Version : SAR SUN

SAL
09-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Picks for Saratoga Sunday:

R1 #5 Big Feathers-Had trouble on the clubhouse turn to lose best chance in last start. Posted a nice am drill since then. Expecting better today.

R2 #11 Cat’s Lad-Lil’s Lad doing well with FTS. Trainer/jock combo a good one, nice drill a few days ago. Probably a runner.

R3 #1 Tales of Glory-Will probably get an uncontested lead again, unless Prado decides to stick it to him early with the favorite. Doubt that will happen though, so this one’s the pick here.

R4 #3 Medivial Salute-Makes second start off a long layoff. Last one was forgettable on an off surface he obviously didn’t care for. Ran well enough on the turf last year to believe he has a shot against this field. Big odds expected.

R5 #6 Tuesday Prayer-Gets a major barn upgrade. Trainer/jock doing very well in limited starts. Expecting better here.

R6 #6 Weather Alert-Had a nightmare trip in debut. Still showed big time early speed before understandably fading. Makes second start for barn that does well with babies.

R7 #6 Alternate-Returns to his best distance, and gets Dominguez back. Would love to get 5/1 here.

R8 Pass

R9 #1a Tacit Agreement-The entry looks good to me here. This runner had excuses in both his turf tries. I believe he can run some, and the move to turf may move him up.

R10 #4 Arvada-Her early running style may prove to be the difference in this field. Price should be decent since her numbers don’t match up well with the rest of the field.

R11 #1 Far Afield-Not many runners that I would consider making their debut going long on the turf. Except runners from this barn. Bred to like the turf, she should be fit enough with frequent drills at the training center.