PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Newsweek poll shows Bush Over Kerry on Economy!

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2004, 06:45 PM
I know I said I don't put much faith in polls, but this is ridiculous!! LOL

Among registered voters, 60 percent thought Bush would do a better job on terrorism and national security, versus 32 percent for Kerry. Bush was also favored over Kerry on foreign policy by 54 percent to 38 percent, the situation in Iraq (news - web sites) by 55 percent to 37 percent and the economy by 49 percent to 43 percent.

Respondents preferred Kerry to Bush on health care and the environment.

Kerry's ship is sinking faster and faster....now Bush has him beat on the economy!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=17&u=/nm/20040904/us_nm/campaign_newsweek_poll_dc

GameTheory
09-04-2004, 07:27 PM
I posted this back in March:

The polls take the same pattern every time -- the challenger's polls are always high during the primary season. Kerry really needs to be clobbering Bush in the polls right now for him to have a chance, because once the head-to-head campaign really gets going (like after the conventions) Bush will see a big increase. If they are around even now Kerry is in trouble...

Derek2U
09-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I think the polls are (Unfortunately) right. Kerry did not -- or could
not -- put it to Bush. Maybe no amount of other things like the
economy, heath care, matters. Maybe change is scaring people
during terroism times. Yeah, its the change factor --- which is why
wall st is also rooting 4 Bush.

ponyplayer
09-04-2004, 08:05 PM
I think Kerry has just done an extremely poor job of selling himself. He concentrated all his efforts on his 4 month war record.

If he could have explained his position and his votes over the last 20 years, and explained why he would be better than Bush on the current issues, he might have had a better chance.

I think there many "anybody but Bush" people out there, but the middle of the road, middle America people, who Kerry might have been able to snag, are leaning towards Bush at this time because Kerry hasn't done his job.

Tom
09-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Kerry's ship is sinking faster and faster....now Bush has him beat on the economy!!

(sing) ...If not for the lies of the moveon folks, the Minnow would be lost! LOL

Kerry has been on the defensive from just about day 1.
That is not a leadership quality. It is loser-ville.
If he can't mount a sustained offense pretty soon, he will be contributing to the unemployment figures.