PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the world will soon wake up and follow

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2004, 04:08 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20040904/ap_on_re_eu/russia_school_seizure_2

JustRalph
09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
I can't believe this isn't getting more coverage here in the U.S.

great link..........

JustMissed
09-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20040904/ap_on_re_eu/russia_school_seizure_2

Thank you for the post.

What a mandate for Bush.

I am so sorry for the Russian people but maybe that was there wake up call.

Wonder what Putin is thinking about turning his back on USA.

"We showed weakness, and weak people are beaten," he said. "

Time for DemLibs to get out their shovels and start burying the Kerry/Edwards campaign. It's dead.

JM

so.cal.fan
09-04-2004, 04:53 PM
"An unidentified intelligence official was quoted by the ITAR-Tass news agency as saying the school assault was financed by Abu Omar As-Seyf, an Arab who allegedly represents al-Qaida in Chechnya, and masterminded by Chechen rebel leader Shamil Basayev".

ElKabong
09-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph

great link..........

Ralph,

You can bet it will.....AFTER the election.

Tom
09-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Wake up call for Putin.
What you have to ask yourself now, is Kerry a weaker or stronger man than Bush?
Would this disator in the US cause Kerry to quit? Go home?
Who do you trust your life to?

so.cal.fan
09-04-2004, 05:22 PM
I don't think so, ElK.......the media is already talking about it.this is the weekend......the terrible hurricane in Florida has first call right now.
This Russian massacre is such a horrible story.....I don't think people can stomach it over this weekend......they will be talking about it plenty next week.
I started reading about this, and couldn't even finish it....it is so
sickening.
My husband turned off the TV when they showed the story....he just shook his head and asked "how can these terrorists kill little children"?
Human life has no value to them....none........especially non-muslim human life.......they encourage their own children to strap bombs around themselves and kill others..........
:confused:

Derek2U
09-04-2004, 05:27 PM
whatta shame to target kids. man thats disgusting. But many
russians hate muslims & these guys have been arguing 4ever.

DJofSD
09-04-2004, 06:53 PM

It would be interesting to get some stats about how the different media outlets cover this story: CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, W. Post, etc.

It got plenty of coverage in the LA Times and the local (San Diego) radio and TV.

Dare I say it: the more liberal the outlet, the less coverage it gets - less facts, more speculation, more analysis that passes for news. And, oh ya, it's Bush's fault! Blame it on US foriegn policy! It's a secret plot by the trilateral commission!

DJofSD

Tom
09-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U
whatta shame to target kids. man thats disgusting. But many
russians hate muslims & these guys have been arguing 4ever.

Is there ANY group that gets along with muslems?

Steve 'StatMan'
09-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Judging from Iraq and the rest of the Middle East, different groups of Muslims don't even get along with each other! Haven't for decades, maybe centuries. The U.N. demanded that the U.S. effort in Iraq keep it intact, but that means everyone needs to get along enough. I sure hope they can come together enough in democracy to hold together and gain some much needed trust.

boxcar
09-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Derek2U wrote:

whatta shame to target kids. man thats disgusting. But many russians hate muslims & these guys have been arguing 4ever.

BUT...!? But...!? But...!? Typical liberal drivel. In other words...those Muslim Haters asked for it, and they got only what they deserved.

A Liberal can justify just about anything.

Boxcar

schweitz
09-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JustMissed
[

"We showed weakness, and weak people are beaten," he said. "

I hope the world is listening---and the Democrats too---terrorists are not going to go away by ignoring them---and they are not going away by trying to negotiate with them----we MUST go after them first.

boxcar
09-04-2004, 09:31 PM
schweitz wrote:

I hope the world is listening---and the Democrats too---terrorists are not going to go away by ignoring them---and they are not going away by trying to negotiate with them----we MUST go after them first.

AND...whenever they turn of their so-called "holy sites" (a/k/a mosque) into an armed fortress, we need to drop a daisy cutter on that site - without giving it a second thought.

Boxcar

Secretariat
09-05-2004, 12:17 AM
This is not the first terrorist act in Russia, but maybe the saddest. Don't forget the Moscow theater incident where so many died.

Bush sent his prayers.

It is interesting.....I wonder how will the US vote if Putin goes to the UN to send American troops to Chechenya to fight terrorists against Russia?

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Thankfully, Russia is a country that can take care of itself in that area.

JustRalph
09-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
This is not the first terrorist act in Russia, but maybe the saddest. Don't forget the Moscow theater incident where so many died.

Bush sent his prayers.

It is interesting.....I wonder how will the US vote if Putin goes to the UN to send American troops to Chechenya to fight terrorists against Russia?

That is the neat part about having Mr. Bush. as President. The U.N. can't tell us where to send American Troops..............Mr. Bush and Congress decide................

so.cal.fan
09-05-2004, 12:48 PM
I don't think Putin will ask the U.N. for assistance, Sec.
I was watching Russian people on the street being interviewed and they all were very angry that the Russian govenment is not protected them from TERRORISTS. One girl said "Americans are dealing with terrorism in a strong way, and they are doing the right thing".
Putin will do a turn around and get real tough, real quick.
He won't need our help, just as we didn't need his.

JustRalph
09-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
"Americans are dealing with terrorism in a strong way, and they are doing the right thing".

Mr. Bush took the right tact from the start. History will show he was ahead of the curve. Not behind it..........

so.cal.fan
09-05-2004, 03:14 PM
That was a quote from a Russian girl, in her 20's, Ralph.
I would be very surprised if Russia does not have a huge policy change in regards to terrorism.....and it can't do anything but help President Bush's battle on terrorism.
I think we finally go Russia on the side of the coalition.
France and Germany to follow?

Tom
09-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
That was a quote from a Russian girl, in her 20's, Ralph.
I would be very surprised if Russia does not have a huge policy change in regards to terrorism.....and it can't do anything but help President Bush's battle on terrorism.
I think we finally go Russia on the side of the coalition.
France and Germany to follow?
Germany mabey, but France?!?!? GOD, I hope not. We don't need a bunch of smelly quitters on our side. France offers nothing to the world. They are a drain on any nation that deals with them. Perhaps Germany, Russia and the US could just take over France and use it to stage troops for the real war on terror. I suppose we could get a pick-em team here at PA that could take over France. Hey..the Toga tent could do it!

JustRalph
09-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Poor France.............always the last player chosen........no matter the game...........

Tom
09-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Poor France.............always the last player chosen........no matter the game...........

...and always "skins!"