PDA

View Full Version : Don Passer

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2004, 01:18 PM
"Winning Big at the Track" has a lot I agree with; especially things that make races less predictable, and myth debunking.

JimL
09-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Ken, You are right alot of good handicapping information in that book. After saying this I was taken aback with his use of due column wagering! JimL

Zaf
09-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Is this a new or old book? Never heard of it.

ZAFONIC

JimL
09-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Zafonic, the book came out around 1985. Passer, was a good handicapper and the book was well reviewed. He made a couple of presentations at Handicapper Expos. JimL

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2004, 11:15 PM
I found it at my local thrift shop.

saevena
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
To Jim L and others:

I came across this thread and wonder what ever happened to Don Passer. Does anyone out there know? I attended his presentation at the 1984 Handicapping Expo and asked him in the question and answer session whether or not he still advocated due column betting. I got no real answer, as has been the case when I've asked other handicapping gurus questions. A friend of mine and I sat with Passer and Steve Roman on Jockey Club Gold Cup day at Belmont and Passer turned out to be quite a nice guy, as was Roman. My friend said Passer kept muttering about how the other gurus didn't know what they were talking about. What a fascinating cast of characters were at that expo!

timtam
04-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I picked up this book in the early 80's and occasionally look over it

now and then. He advocates due column wagering but he recommends

wagering at odds of 8/1 and over. In the book he mentions many

winners that he didn't play because the odds were too low.