PDA

View Full Version : Partnership Stats

Storm Cadet
09-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Here's one for all the PA guys who computerize all our stats...I've been looking hard and long at the various PUBLIC Partnership owners out there and who is doing well over the long haul...groups like Dogwood, Peach Tree, West Point, Team Valor, Centennial,and the smaller newer ones like Castle Village, Sovereign, Starview, Cantabury. Most of these corporations don't publish their win % or their ITM stats.

Do any of you guys out there have any stats as to the performance of these groups? They are not like Wall St Co.'s that have to publish public reports. I'm trying to get a feel as to :
a> Do these type of public groups have the expertise and funding to consistantly WIN vs the privately held horse farms like a Whitney, Phipps, Farrish (Land End), and all the other private and wealthy horse owners that we read about and handicap ?

B>As an investor in these groups (no comments that you can't make money please) I'm also looking to view them against each other as possible future ownership investments!

Thanks in advance---looking for stats NOT COMMENTS!!!

Storm Cadet

cato
09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Storm Cadet:

You might add Dapple Bloodstock to your list of programs to look into. http://www.dapplebloodstock.com

I met one of the principals at the Fair Grounds and he seemed like a capable no BS guy.

I am interested in hearing the results of your research.

Cato

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2004, 01:33 PM
If they cannot provide stats they do not want your money. Ask them by email.
I would only do it if they have breeding plans. Otherwise I would buy stock in the Churchill Downs Inc. and own the tracks. Harrrah's is a good stock.
What I am saying is invest in the most solid group who are solidifying their position.
Maybe some individual trainers will let you partner with them. Call a few locally.

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Website has stats.

CryingForTheHorses
09-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
Here's one for all the PA guys who computerize all our stats...I've been looking hard and long at the various PUBLIC Partnership owners out there and who is doing well over the long haul...groups like Dogwood, Peach Tree, West Point, Team Valor, Centennial,and the smaller newer ones like Castle Village, Sovereign, Starview, Cantabury. Most of these corporations don't publish their win % or their ITM stats.

Do any of you guys out there have any stats as to the performance of these groups? They are not like Wall St Co.'s that have to publish public reports. I'm trying to get a feel as to :
a> Do these type of public groups have the expertise and funding to consistantly WIN vs the privately held horse farms like a Whitney, Phipps, Farrish (Land End), and all the other private and wealthy horse owners that we read about and handicap ?

B>As an investor in these groups (no comments that you can't make money please) I'm also looking to view them against each other as possible future ownership investments!

Thanks in advance---looking for stats NOT COMMENTS!!!

Storm Cadet

Storm Cadet!
I know you said you wanted stats!
As a investor with these type of stables can be either good or bad,1 you will have your horse in a big stable with all the big money vets etc!!. You will be paying top dollar for a day rate, You will be billed for everything, So when your part of a horse wins after the bills etc you realy arent making a lot unless your looking for million dollar stake winners.So many owners are soured on the fact that their owners want something different for the horse then you do.This is my advise and is my opinion.If you want to get a horse,Pick a guy who is honest and hands on!! You need a trainer whoo will take you in a stall and show you different things on your horse,I love my owners (if had some) to come be part of their horse they own, Nothing wrong with coming out to the barn and maybe walking him after he trains or to just give him a carrot, A horse learns fast who owns him and he would be glad to see you. With a partnership,maybe you wont see eye to eye.For you first experince,Get your own,Stay within your reach, Get a trainer who will look you in the eye when he speaks to you, I hope this helps

Storm Cadet
09-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I've been an owner for 3 years now, thanks for the ownership advice but I'm looking for stats or owner win % ITM %.

I've been with West Point for 3 years now, done great and looking to expand my stable holdings!