PDA

View Full Version : Another view of the convention from comedy central

ljb
09-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Anyone wishing to catch another view of what is going on at the Republican convention may want to watch the daily show with Jon Stewert on Comedy Central. They had a very good piece on Zell Miller last night. When asked about Zell's speech, Senator McCain said "I don't know, Kerry must have shot his dog or something."
This show has interviews with the delagates that are interesting to say the least.
WARNING: To most of the right wingers on this board.
I know how sensitive you are to criticism so you may want to skip watching the show, but for those with a little less sensitivity the show is enlightening and funny!

Derek2U
09-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Comedy Central show was great. Its amazing how funny John
Stewart is with politics. Now that the conservative steerage
has left mahattan I'm coming back this afternoon to enjoy MY city.
hehe ... McCain saying how "we will be in Iraq for the next 10-20
years.!!" Gotta love that man. I don't know why Bush wants
to bring freedom to Iraq when he hates USA people exercising
their freedom. Kinda satyric. (Satanic?) .... I'm praying that
America rejects every Bush idea at the polls. Hey, mamma said
there be days like this ... lol

Tom
09-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Actually, I enjoy the Daily Show, for the most part. I laugh at many Bush jokes, and can take a joke.
Here's one for Kerry...

After Zen Miller's speech the other night, Kerry put in for two more purple hearts.

Here's another....

If John Kerry were really Gilligan:

After 4 months on the island, he gets rescued by a fishing boat. The only fellow castaway he takes with him is the millionaire's wife.
When he gets back home, he accused the rest of the castaways of committing atrocities on the island. He claims they killed wild animals, wore grass skrits, cooked on open fies and acted like uncivilized natives.
He also accused the Skipper of lying about the weather reports and said that the weather maps were innaccurate.

When he addressed the DNC at his convention, he claimed he was qualified to run the country because he was not only a brave sailor, but that he knew how to save the economy because he set sail in a tiny, $50,000 cabin cruiser and came home in a $100 million trawler.
While taking questions afterwards, he was asked by Bill Clinton,"Where is the movie star?"

wes
09-03-2004, 09:28 AM
There is no Comedy to fit todays world troubles. It seems that somewhere along the lines of growing up many AMERICANS do not know that most who are in the UN are ?

1.Countrys that america has fought for their freedom. American blood spilled for their cause.

Why let such countrys dictate to us their ways of life and tell us how to run our country.

wes

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U
I'm praying that America rejects every Bush idea at the polls.

Fat chance.

Here's an idea Derek....when you hit NY City, keep driving west....

Steve 'StatMan'
09-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U
I don't know why Bush wants to bring freedom to Iraq when he hates USA people exercising their freedom. Kinda satyric. (Satanic?)

What on Earth makes you think and write that? Look how he's put up with all the jokes at his expense and that jerk Michael Moore?

Maybe I just need to consider the source.

I did enjoy The Daily Show back when I had the cable and the time to watch it.

ljb
09-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Here is another joke for you Tom,
Seems there was a lapse in the security at the Republican convention, they let some whacko sneak in and give the keynote address the other night. :D

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
I saw lots of people exercising their freedoms all week in NYC.

And quite honestly, these protesters (especially the ones who didn't play by the rules) should stop taking themselves so damn seriously. As if their point of view is the only one that matters.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
LOL - That was funny LJB

JustRalph
09-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
LOL - That was funny LJB
it is kind of funny.........but the other part of the story is that whacko has the facts behind him and he assasinated somebody.......JFK to be more precise

Steve 'StatMan'
09-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Yes sirree! JFK for Mass. Senator for 4 more years!

Tom
09-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Fat chance.

Here's an idea Derek....when you hit NY City, keep driving west....

Whoa! South, PA, South! :D

Tom
09-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Here is another joke for you Tom,
Seems there was a lapse in the security at the Republican convention, they let some whacko sneak in and give the keynote address the other night. :D

Where ya been, L...out stocking up on band aids and Bactine for your arse wounds? :D

Zel's speech was the second most important and dynamic speech of the last two decades, next to W's terror speech in which he listed the Axis of Evil nations. Hmmm pretty much on the mark there, wasn't he?
And his appearance on Spitball, with that gas bag egomaniac Chris Mathews was the second best guest spot in the history of TV, second only, of course to Ed Ame's appearanc eon the Johnny CArson show, the night he was showing Johnny how to throw tomahawks (anyone remember THAT one! LOL).
:D