PDA

View Full Version : CD closing weekend

Afleet
06-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Saturday is closing day. Per DRF Marty Mcgee:

"Before Saturday, when all gimmick wagers including the Single 6 will be subject to mandatory disbursements, an 11-race card will be run here Friday. First post for the last two days is 12:45 p.m. Eastern."

Why wouldn't Saturday be the mandatory payout day, instead of friday? That doesn't make sense.

http://www.drf.com/news/three-stakes-churchills-closing-day-card

garyscpa
06-25-2018, 08:38 PM

"Before Saturday, when all gimmick wagers including the Single 6 will be subject to mandatory disbursements, an 11-race card will be run here Friday. First post for the last two days is 12:45 p.m. Eastern."

Why wouldn't Saturday be the mandatory payout day, instead of friday? That doesn't make sense.

I think you read it wrong. It was a confusingly written sentence. I think it's saying the mandatory payoffs are Saturday, but there are 11 races on Friday.

Tom
06-25-2018, 09:32 PM
That's my take.
Not an evening card to close out - Sunday they go to Ellis

Fred Mertz
06-25-2018, 09:32 PM
I'm going on twilight Thursday to win my fortune.

After that, I'm heading to Ellis Park on July 7th for the camel and ostrich races that Saturday. I've got to have my priorities. The ostriches usually dump a jockey or two since there are no saddles.

jay68802
06-26-2018, 03:23 AM
My guess is that they will only payout 1/2 the Single 6 pool on Saturday if it gets that far. Keep the other 1/2 to "seed" their pocket's, I mean the next pool.

Fager Fan
06-26-2018, 06:48 AM

Read it again. It says Saturday is when all gimmick wagers... will be subject to mandatory payout.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-26-2018, 08:03 AM
Yeah. They stuffed too much information in the sentence to make it plainly clear.

Fager Fan
06-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Yeah. They stuffed too much information in the sentence to make it plainly clear.

I thought it read fine. I’ve seen tons worse at least.

Tom
06-26-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm going on twilight Thursday to win my fortune.

After that, I'm heading to Ellis Park on July 7th for the camel and ostrich races that Saturday. I've got to have my priorities. The ostriches usually dump a jockey or two since there are no saddles.

Do they serve ostrich egg omelettes that day? :p

Afleet
06-26-2018, 08:18 PM
I think you read it wrong. It was a confusingly written sentence. I think it's saying the mandatory payoffs are Saturday, but there are 11 races on Friday.

must have been tired last night