PDA

View Full Version : Arienne Cox

TiffaniO
06-19-2018, 07:47 PM
Just a brutal rider. Rides only for her boyfriend. This trainer has some decent horses and she gets so many beaten that should gallop.

jahura2
06-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Just a brutal rider. Rides only for her boyfriend. This trainer has some decent horses and she gets so many beaten that should gallop.
Haha, know her and her boy Wayne Rice well. It is actually a running joke with my crew at Keeneland. Usually an easy toss even if the horse looks competitive.
She did clunk up in the money with some big odds horses this last spring but overall you make money by using her as an automatic toss.

AskinHaskin
06-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Rides only for her boyfriend.

Perhaps because she is 3-for-126 for all other trainers??

Afleet
06-25-2018, 12:45 PM
she has a few mounts at CD on Saturday

Afleet
06-25-2018, 03:55 PM

women make you do crazy things

clicknow
06-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Gosh, I can think of a lot more potent "running jokes" than these 2.

She's riding 31% ITM for 2018 and has earned close to $4 million since 2006 when she started race riding. (she buys and sells horses as well, breaks and trains). She rode her first race at 1-1/2 mile marathon, and came in 3rd, which I think puts her in the history books?

An accomplished young woman, has a master's degree, a trainer's license, and owns horses and dogs and is dead fit and gorgeous......and has a BF who thinks the world of her.

Between them looks like they make a comfortable living, not bad if it also provides a lifestyle you are happy in. Not every jockey wants to starve themselves to death and win all the big races....there are tradeoffs. Not everyone wants to argue with owners and jockeys and trainers and such and they own most of what they race.

I just try to understand what motivates people and why they "do what they do".

Clearly, from a bettor standpoint, she isn't going to make ME rich. :lol:

MadVindication
06-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Gosh, I can think of a lot more potent "running jokes" than these 2.

She's riding 31% ITM for 2018 and has earned close to $4 million since 2006 when she started race riding. (she buys and sells horses as well, breaks and trains). She rode her first race at 1-1/2 mile marathon, and came in 3rd, which I think puts her in the history books?

An accomplished young woman, has a master's degree, a trainer's license, and owns horses and dogs and is dead fit and gorgeous......and has a BF who thinks the world of her.

Between them looks like they make a comfortable living, not bad if it also provides a lifestyle you are happy in. Not every jockey wants to starve themselves to death and win all the big races....there are tradeoffs. Not everyone wants to argue with owners and jockeys and trainers and such and they own most of what they race.

I just try to understand what motivates people and why they "do what they do".

Clearly, from a bettor standpoint, she isn't going to make ME rich. :lol:

yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.

TiffaniO
06-27-2018, 11:59 AM
yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.

She’s riding good horses that most other riders would do much better with. Look up her 20 most recent rides and watch the replays. Then you’ll understand. I obviously don’t care she’s female.

However, when you are an “athlete” and you are poor at what you do, you get called out. Same as any football, baseball or basketball player. They are allowed to be critiqued. I could just as easily say “JR Smith is brutal”. Same idea.

As for the notion of the “record books”, first off, silly “record” and second off it was a 5 horse field where she plodded by 2 horses in the stretch after trailing for 1 7/16, but don’t let a fairy tale get in the way.

MadVindication
06-27-2018, 12:12 PM
She’s riding good horses that most other riders would do much better with. Look up her 20 most recent rides and watch the replays. Then you’ll understand. I obviously don’t care she’s female.

However, when you are an “athlete” and you are poor at what you do, you get called out. Same as any football, baseball or basketball player. They are allowed to be critiqued.

I hear you.

People are probably better off receiving critique then having smoke blown up their ass that's for sure.

I like to follow female jocks I will check out her races.

At least it's not a case of a woman getting inferior mounts to the guys at a track. I don't know anything about how riders are decided or what goes on behind the scene. I've noticed this year at Woodbine Skye Chernetz and Chantal Sutherland are far more often on longer odds horses. And haven't yet heard of them getting any Queen's Plate mounts. Tho both girls have had great careers.

clicknow
06-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Again, I think they want to keep it in the family, their biz model involves using people they trust, and I see nothing wrong with this "model".

They seem to be the kind of family that keeps things close, aren't chasing any titles and mega billions, and the entire model seems like a balanced, happy, small owner/trainer/jockey combination that works for them. A whole family and extended family of "horse people" who each do their part to make their business work.

Looks like a succcess story to me. :) More of the old fashioned kind that I admire than the syndicate-based stuff of today.

Sure beats some of the insanity, stress, cheating and other malarchy I see in horse racing every day.

(not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win) which really hurts the bettors. Obviously this family trusts the jockey they have, and don't want to go with a model where they have to argue the ride with "stranger".

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying I see and understand what they are doing.

v j stauffer
06-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Again, I think they want to keep it in the family, their biz model involves using people they trust, and I see nothing wrong with this "model".

They seem to be the kind of family that keeps things close, aren't chasing any titles and mega billions, and the entire model seems like a balanced, happy, small owner/trainer/jockey combination that works for them. A whole family and extended family of "horse people" who each do their part to make their business work.

Looks like a succcess story to me. :) More of the old fashioned kind that I admire than the syndicate-based stuff of today.

Sure beats some of the insanity, stress, cheating and other malarchy I see in horse racing every day.

(not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win) which really hurts the bettors. Obviously this family trusts the jockey they have, and don't want to go with a model where they have to argue the ride with "stranger".

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying I see and understand what they are doing.

Curious. How many riders a day do you see "stiffing" horses?

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Curious. How many riders a day do you see "stiffing" horses?Curiously, only the ones he loses on...

TiffaniO
06-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Curious. How many riders a day do you see "stiffing" horses?

Any horse that he bets on that loses.

TiffaniO
06-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Curiously, only the ones he loses on...

Lmao you read my mind

dilanesp
06-27-2018, 04:19 PM
My favorite stiff job:

https://youtu.be/wII4p6JuaYg

TiffaniO
06-27-2018, 05:30 PM
If anyone doubts me... watch the replay of the 6 in the first at Presque Isle. Looks out of place on top of the horse from start to finish.

therussmeister
06-27-2018, 07:43 PM

She's not even close to being a millionaire, the 3 million dollars in earnings is the owner's share of the purse before expenses, with the jockey traditionally getting 10% of the owner's share for wins and 5% for place and show, although because she rides almost exclusively for her boyfriend there might be some other financial arrangement between them.

clicknow
06-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Hey, I have never made a post whining or complaining about stiffing a horse.

I just figure it happens since I see so many posts about it here. ROTFL

clicknow
06-29-2018, 12:07 PM
She's not even close to being a millionaire, the 3 million dollars in earnings is the owner's share of the purse before expenses, with the jockey traditionally getting 10% of the owner's share for wins and 5% for place and show, although because she rides almost exclusively for her boyfriend there might be some other financial arrangement between them.

I believe she does some buying and selling of horses, breaks them, etc so that is income as well. For sure, some of the ones that don't sell get entered in races and she rides them. I guess they don't believe in letting horses just stand around in the barn in that case.

TiffaniO
06-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Hey, I have never made a post whining or complaining about stiffing a horse.

I just figure it happens since I see so many posts about it here. ROTFL

So in post 10 of this thread, what do you consider this statement by you?

“not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win”

clicknow
06-29-2018, 02:34 PM
So in post 10 of this thread, what do you consider this statement by you?

“not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win”

I call it a bad choice of words when I posted. ;)

You won't see me complaining about wagers I lose where I'm playing the blame game ---- I look for my own handicapping errors first.

My reason for posting in the topic in the first place was to find explanations for their business model because outsiders are not always privy to all the reasons a business does what it does.

Ms Cox's situation is VERY UNIQUE in that she only rides for her boyfriend. Most people understand this.

For that reason, I personally wouldn't feel compelled to "single her" as a topic for derisive conversation.

FWIW, Ms. Cox: "At least I won't have to worry about fighting with the owner or the trainer after the race if the horse doesn't get a good ride."

I'm sure they could expand their model but it appears they like to keep things in the family, and trust is an important issue for them. :shrugs:

TiffaniO
06-29-2018, 03:34 PM
I call it a bad choice of words when I posted. ;)

You won't see me complaining about wagers I lose where I'm playing the blame game ---- I look for my own handicapping errors first.

My reason for posting in the topic in the first place was to find explanations for their business model because outsiders are not always privy to all the reasons a business does what it does.

Ms Cox's situation is VERY UNIQUE in that she only rides for her boyfriend. Most people understand this.

For that reason, I personally wouldn't feel compelled to "single her" as a topic for derisive conversation.

FWIW, Ms. Cox: "At least I won't have to worry about fighting with the owner or the trainer after the race if the horse doesn't get a good ride."

I'm sure they could expand their model but it appears they like to keep things in the family, and trust is an important issue for them. :shrugs:

She only rides for her significant other because no one else would put her on a horse that they want to win with. I posted about her because I have watched her ride for years and she’s blown way too many races for Rice. My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money! Lol

dilanesp
06-29-2018, 04:11 PM
She only rides for her significant other because no one else would put her on a horse that they want to win with. I posted about her because I have watched her ride for years and she’s blown way too many races for Rice. My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money! Lol

LOL Tiff. I posted a joke like that in this thread and it got taken down. :)

TiffaniO
06-29-2018, 04:30 PM
LOL Tiff. I posted a joke like that in this thread and it got taken down. :)

Did the stewards at least post an inquiry before they took you down? Lmao

clicknow
06-30-2018, 04:57 PM
My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

Wow. Take the low road much?

Maybe she should trumpet it out publically, and explain why she's "awfully expensive", like you do?

Funny though, I’ve had people tell me that they would die for a taste of my nectar.
I get told “wow” on a pretty regular basis

As a confident, accomplished, and classy young woman, Ms. Cox probably doesn't feel the need for that kind of self-aggrandizement though.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money!
I obviously don’t care she’s female.

I don't believe THAT for a moment, my dear. :cool:

if you get my drift.

Your drift is pretty transparent. Singling out a woman as a "topic" on a forum to comment on her professional ability is one thing. Moving on to talking about her body parts? Classless.

(YOU might want to read up on the Queen Bee Syndrome in order to develop some self-awareness about yourself. )

TiffaniO
06-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Wow. Take the low road much?

Maybe she should trumpet it out publically, and explain why she's "awfully expensive", like you do?

As a confident, accomplished, and classy young woman, Ms. Cox probably doesn't feel the need for that kind of self-aggrandizement though.

I don't believe THAT for a moment, my dear. :cool:

Your drift is pretty transparent. Singling out a woman as a "topic" on a forum to comment on her professional ability is one thing. Moving on to talking about her body parts? Classless.

(YOU might want to read up on the Queen Bee Syndrome in order to develop some self-awareness about yourself. )

I really don’t care what you think of me. I never asked your opinion. I just relayed a comment by someone related to her boyfriend.

Her riding would be like my husband buying a football team and then letting me play quarterback. Lol that would’ve a bad idea. Just as this is.

All she has accomplished in Racing is delivering horrific rides and winning at a single digit clip on horses that would win in the 20%-25% range for an average jockey.

If I saw a male riding as clueless and poorly as she does, who only rides for his girlfriend I’d be sure to single him out.

And just an FYI please don’t ridicule me and then call me “dear”. YOU might want to read up on Napoleon Complex or SPS.

Thank you for taking the time to read my old posts... kinda stalkerish but I guess that’s to be expected.

metro
07-01-2018, 08:53 AM
All she has accomplished in Racing is delivering horrific rides and winning at a single digit clip on horses that would win in the 20%-25% range for an average jockey.

Not defending Arienne Cox but the Ortiz brothers would be lucky to win with 10% of the horses in Wayne Rice's barn.

Whatever this GF/BF team does seems to work for them....buy cheap stock at FTK and Kee yearling sales, run them in the baby races at Kee, cash a few 3rd and 4th place checks, get a runner or two out of a dozen or so, go to Presque Isle, hit an occasional MSW winner or hit the board enough to pay the bills. Rinse. Repeat.

TiffaniO
07-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Not defending Arienne Cox but the Ortiz brothers would be lucky to win with 10% of the horses in Wayne Rice's barn.

Whatever this GF/BF team does seems to work for them....buy cheap stock at FTK and Kee yearling sales, run them in the baby races at Kee, cash a few 3rd and 4th place checks, get a runner or two out of a dozen or so, go to Presque Isle, hit an occasional MSW winner or hit the board enough to pay the bills. Rinse. Repeat.

Actually she loses on a ton of odds on favorites at Presque Isle. Go back and watch replays of her races.

Take a look at the pic I uploaded with this message. She’s on the 6 in purple. A real jockey does not look like that on a horse.

I have a question. If you owned or trained a horse and the horse was 1–1 and your regular jockey was unable to ride and Cox came to you and said “can I ride your horse?” Would you say yes or no?

metro
07-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Actually she loses on a ton of odds on favorites at Presque Isle. Go back and watch replays of her races.

Take a look at the pic I uploaded with this message. She’s on the 6 in purple. A real jockey does not look like that on a horse.

I have a question. If you owned or trained a horse and the horse was 1–1 and your regular jockey was unable to ride and Cox came to you and said “can I ride your horse?” Would you say yes or no?

I seldom bet on the Rice/Cox duo and certainly wouldn't have her as my go to if I needed another jockey, especially if the horse was well meant (not that I'm an owner or trainer though).

The race in question kind of gets back to my point. They have found something that works for them.

Blazin Liason is the horse Cox is on in the pic you uploaded, a $2200 yearling from FTK Oct/17 that they have made $1577 with to date. Obviously not a horse they have a lot invested in. Not a horse they will make a lot of money with.

They have a runner entered at PID today as well, Jay Wow, a $2500 yearling from FTK Oct/15. A runner they've made over $33K (25 1-4-1) with, 23 of the starts coming at PID, the two dirt races I would bet my last dollar came at Kee in baby races in April of 2016.

Neither are what I would consider good in their chosen profession. neither are worth serious consideration when handicapping, but I do not mind having either of them as part of the game. Good for them for, somehow, making it work.

TiffaniO
07-01-2018, 11:23 AM
I seldom bet on the Rice/Cox duo and certainly wouldn't have her as my go to if I needed another jockey, especially if the horse was well meant (not that I'm an owner or trainer though).

The race in question kind of gets back to my point. They have found something that works for them.

Blazin Liason is the horse Cox is on in the pic you uploaded, a $2200 yearling from FTK Oct/17 that they have made $1577 with to date. Obviously not a horse they have a lot invested in. Not a horse they will make a lot of money with.

They have a runner entered at PID today as well, Jay Wow, a $2500 yearling from FTK Oct/15. A runner they've made over $33K (25 1-4-1) with, 23 of the starts coming at PID, the two dirt races I would bet my last dollar came at Kee in baby races in April of 2016.

Neither are what I would consider good in their chosen profession. neither are worth serious consideration when handicapping, but I do not mind having either of them as part of the game. Good for them for, somehow, making it work.

You seem to forget that it costs money to keep a horse. They have 10s of thousands in each horse to just get them to the races and keep them there.

And anyways I was just commenting about how much money he’s throwing away by riding an incompetent jockey.

He can do what he wants but when you don’t use the brain in your cranium, it proves costly and her rides cost him 100s of thousands a year.

I’m sure J Wow has cost at least 30k in bills in 33 months.

My guess is he makes the most profits when other outfits spot runners that need to be claimed and he flips a cheap purchase into a 10k claim because someone sees the horse can be improved upon.

metro
07-01-2018, 11:39 AM
You seem to forget that it costs money to keep a horse. They have 10s of thousands in each horse to just get them to the races and keep them there.

And anyways I was just commenting about how much money he’s throwing away by riding an incompetent jockey.

He can do what he wants but when you don’t use the brain in your cranium, it proves costly and her rides cost him 100s of thousands a year.

I’m sure J Wow has cost at least 30k in bills in 33 months.

My guess is he makes the most profits when other outfits spot runners that need to be claimed and he flips a cheap purchase into a 10k claim because someone sees the horse can be improved upon.

A $2500 purchase in October does not to equate to "10s of thousands" to get it to the races, especially when the races begin in April for them. He's an owner/trainer and maybe even his own blacksmith, IDK. What I do know is that it is a helluva lot cheaper doing it yourself than paying someone else a day rate.

His rider, even as inept as you elude to, comes cheaper than a top notch jockey as well, and regardless of the emphasis you want to put on the jock, if you don't have the horse underneath you it's not going to equate to the winners circle. Sure, her rides likely cost them a placing here and there, but it is far from "100s of thousands a year."

TiffaniO
07-01-2018, 12:32 PM
A $2500 purchase in October does not to equate to "10s of thousands" to get it to the races, especially when the races begin in April for them. He's an owner/trainer and maybe even his own blacksmith, IDK. What I do know is that it is a helluva lot cheaper doing it yourself than paying someone else a day rate.

His rider, even as inept as you elude to, comes cheaper than a top notch jockey as well, and regardless of the emphasis you want to put on the jock, if you don't have the horse underneath you it's not going to equate to the winners circle. Sure, her rides likely cost them a placing here and there, but it is far from "100s of thousands a year."

He’d better be his own blacksmith, vet, trailer driver, etc. People think she makes a lot of money but in the end she still has to pay the valet, insurance, taxes, etc. so that 5-10% they keep in House is more like 3-7%.

Another question. Let’s say they weren’t together. Would she ride more than 20 horses a year?

It’s similar to hiring a trainer for $40 a day that wins 5% instead of a $100 a day trainer that wins 25%. Sure you save money month to month on the day rate but your purse revenue is diminished. If your horse has any talent you are much better off to hire the higher percentage trainer and pay more. Same idea, with the jock... sure they can keep that 10 or 5% in the family but they are throwing it away.

I have 3 angles for that I look for everyday.

1-. Horses changing trainers from Rodney Moyers to ANYONE.

2- Horses changing riders from Cox to anyone but Kathleen Vargas, which normally means there has been a rider change.

3- Horses changing riders from Vargas to anyone but Cox.

Anyway my point to the whole thread is, it wasn’t about them being cheap. It was that she is a brutal jockey, do you agree?

jay68802
07-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Pulled up some old PP's and watched some replays of her. Not the best out of the gate for sure. Did see her win a race and according to the PP's should have won the race. Other wise seemed like a normal 5% jockey. If things do not go well or she breaks poorly (seemed to me to be a ongoing theme), she is not going to carry a horse and win with it. A lot of time looked out of sync with the horse and seemed to get the horse in bad spots or out of position a majority of the time.

TiffaniO
07-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Pulled up some old PP's and watched some replays of her. Not the best out of the gate for sure. Did see her win a race and according to the PP's should have won the race. Other wise seemed like a normal 5% jockey. If things do not go well or she breaks poorly (seemed to me to be a ongoing theme), she is not going to carry a horse and win with it. A lot of time looked out of sync with the horse and seemed to get the horse in bad spots or out of position a majority of the time.

Thanks for taking the time to actually watch her!

lamboguy
07-01-2018, 06:52 PM
when Clyde Rice was alive, he did not allow anyone to use Arianna Cox on his horses.

she basically only rides for her boyfriend or husband whichever is the case today.

i haven't seen her in awhile, but the sister, Taylor Rice could ride ok.

metro
07-01-2018, 06:54 PM
He’d better be his own blacksmith, vet, trailer driver, etc. People think she makes a lot of money but in the end she still has to pay the valet, insurance, taxes, etc. so that 5-10% they keep in House is more like 3-7%.

Another question. Let’s say they weren’t together. Would she ride more than 20 horses a year?

It’s similar to hiring a trainer for $40 a day that wins 5% instead of a $100 a day trainer that wins 25%. Sure you save money month to month on the day rate but your purse revenue is diminished. If your horse has any talent you are much better off to hire the higher percentage trainer and pay more. Same idea, with the jock... sure they can keep that 10 or 5% in the family but they are throwing it away.

2- Horses changing riders from Cox to anyone but Kathleen Vargas, which normally means there has been a rider change.

Anyway my point to the whole thread is, it wasn’t about them being cheap. It was that she is a brutal jockey, do you agree?

The horses in Rice's barn are not worth a $100/day trainer, they are right where they belong. Most $100 a day trainers wouldn't bother making room for them, if they did take them they would only move them up marginally.

Yes, Cox's rides are often brutal, but again, a lot has to do with what is under her. imo, she would find her niche somewhere if not for the mounts from her BF, most likely at another non-descript track.

Most gamblers who use Cox on their tickets know what they are getting for with their money. It's no secret when you look at the pps and see the 5 for 78 type riders. If I use her and she makes a bonehead move there is no one to blame but myself.

When I have $18K on the line in the last leg of a pick-6 and a jockey like Florent Geroux drops a favorite completely out of the picture, but comes rolling down the center of the track late to just fall short at the wire, is when I get pissed at a jockey. I expect more from them they I ever will Arienne Cox.

TiffaniO
07-01-2018, 07:26 PM
The horses in Rice's barn are not worth a $100/day trainer, they are right where they belong. Most $100 a day trainers wouldn't bother making room for them, if they did take them they would only move them up marginally.

Yes, Cox's rides are often brutal, but again, a lot has to do with what is under her. imo, she would find her niche somewhere if not for the mounts from her BF, most likely at another non-descript track.

Most gamblers who use Cox on their tickets know what they are getting for with their money. It's no secret when you look at the pps and see the 5 for 78 type riders. If I use her and she makes a bonehead move there is no one to blame but myself.

When I have $18K on the line in the last leg of a pick-6 and a jockey like Florent Geroux drops a favorite completely out of the picture, but comes rolling down the center of the track late to just fall short at the wire, is when I get pissed at a jockey. I expect more from them they I ever will Arienne Cox.

Wow you are good at twisting words. I was just saying he’s getting what he pays for jockey wise. I never said to move them to a different trainer. His horses would do just fine with a normal 15% jockey. She’s the reason they don’t win more often.

Glad you agree she’s brutal.

clicknow
07-02-2018, 02:28 AM
He's an owner/trainer and maybe even his own blacksmith, IDK.

Wayne Rice is a blacksmith, in addition to being a trainer and owner and former rider.

They are 3 generations of racing family who have made it work as a business, and are able to run a pretty self-sufficient farm. They're not paying other people to do things, so you had it right. ;)

( BTW, I think Taylor's aunt is Linda Rice, and her brothers are also former jockeys and trainers.)

Since Ms. Cox buys, sells, and also breaks and trains horses, I'm sure she more than earns her way around that farm ---- so her only "value" is certainly not solely as a jockey. :)

Personally, I love the old school business model of the *family farm*, where everybody wears multiple hats and has to develop a myriad of talents.
There is actually a competitive advantage to keeping it in the family (trust, vested interest, greater loyalty, more flexible working conditions, shared core values, etc) plus everybody develops some entrepreneurial skills. :ThmbUp:

They are just earning a living like most people do ... they aren't setting the world on fire and if that was their desire, they would change their business model...

Thankfully, not all horse racing is run by billionaire syndicates and foreign investors, with public relations noise machines pushing only super-jocks and super-trainers..... and breeding-shed "rock stars".

Off topic, but I truly do not know what the heck is wrong with the society today, family farms are going away ----- and it seems that many people want to be part of these new fractional ownership thingies simply because Jay-Z and LeBron James, or Hollywood directors or a few A-list celebrities are in the syndicate. :D (This is the way they are being sold.) It cracks me up that people are such synchophants.

Grits
07-02-2018, 10:54 AM
My former trainer is a relative of his and even he joked “that is some awfully expensive ****y” if you get my drift.

The original post was my PSA of the week to save people here money! Lol Seeing the name Wayne Rice, I knew this had to be one of Clyde Rice's sons or grandsons. .... The first time I ever read the name, Clyde Rice, was in the pps, betting Keeneland race meets. (His name, as owner, was rewarding as any horse entered under his ownership--was fit.) I've also read of him, here, at Pace Advantage, years ago, in the mid 2000s. Clyde Rice, with his family whom he taught all they know today, did more for thoroughbred racing than many.

I don't know how you could speak of anyone, I don't care who it is, as you've done here. As someone else noted, it's one thing to diss someone's skill. To write this, though,--is common. To write words such as this about ANY WOMAN is beyond comprehension to me.

You're repeating what you termed as the comments of a relative? Wow, who needs enemies with family members such as this?

A public service announcement PSA for the gentlemen here? I can't speak for them, however, it's possible they are dumbfounded that this filth was typed by a female.

Yet, it's all LOL and LMAO. Good fun, all that and more.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/clyde-rice-founder-indian-prairie-ranch-dies-79/

http://www.drf.com/news/clyde-rice-racing-patriarch-dead-79

GMB@BP
07-02-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't know how you could speak of anyone, I don't care who it is, as you've done here. As someone else noted, it's one thing to diss someone's skill. To write this, though,--is common. To write words such as this about ANY WOMAN is beyond comprehension to me.

as long as it is hearsay anything goes!

TiffaniO
07-02-2018, 11:25 AM
This should be easy to comprehend. I don’t care what people on an internet message board think about me. Plenty of people like me, plenty don’t, who cares? Call the whaaaaaaambulance.

There is the ignore list which you are free to use. I used it on you a long time ago... unfortunately I could see your response on GMB’s reply to you.

lamboguy
07-02-2018, 11:33 AM
This should be easy to comprehend. I don’t care what people on an internet message board think about me. Plenty of people like me, plenty don’t, who cares? Call the whaaaaaaambulance.

There is the ignore list which you are free to use. I used it on you a long time ago... unfortunately I could see your response on GMB’s reply to you.i think you are real good and have a decent grasp of this game.

i had a horse a few years back that staggered home at Finger Lakes to break her maiden for a $7500 tag. i sent the horse down to a trainer at Presque Isle who made a project of the horse. the exercise rider was Kevin Rice.. Kevin is probably in the top ten of all exercise riders in my mind, the horse won nw2 allowance in a good field and paid over $40 for win!

TiffaniO
07-02-2018, 11:34 AM
i think you are real good and have a decent grasp of this game.

i had a horse a few years back that staggered home at Finger Lakes to break her maiden for a $7500 tag. i sent the horse down to a trainer at Presque Isle who made a project of the horse. the exercise rider was Kevin Rice.. Kevin is probably in the top ten of all exercise riders in my mind, the horse won nw2 allowance in a good field and paid over $40 for win!

Finger Lakes horses normally run well at PID

And thank you

Grits
07-02-2018, 11:46 AM

There is the ignore list which you are free to use. I used it on you a long time ago... unfortunately I could see your response on GMB’s reply to you.

Ignore is good..... Yes, right after you went to my page here and read, countless knows how many of my posts.

Priceless!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TiffaniO
07-02-2018, 11:49 AM
:bang:

I learned a long time ago... to not give a hoot what any other woman thinks of me. Most are snakes in the grass waiting to stab you in the back.

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2018, 12:01 PM
I guess the words "BE NICER TO EACH OTHER" has rung hollow in this thread.

Take heed.

rrpic6
07-02-2018, 01:20 PM
:bang:

I learned a long time ago... to not give a hoot what any other woman thinks of me. Most are snakes in the grass waiting to stab you in the back.

The last thing I expect to read on a Horseracing Forum is a cat fight. Jumping between said cats often results in some nasty scratches.
RR

TiffaniO
07-02-2018, 01:26 PM
The last thing I expect to read on a Horseracing Forum is a cat fight. Jumping between said cats often results in some nasty scratches.
RR

Meow

clicknow
07-02-2018, 01:41 PM
The last thing I expect to read on a Horseracing Forum is a cat fight.

The last thing I expect to read on a horse racing forum is somebody implying that the only bargaining power or value a woman has is in their sexuality, as TiffaniO suggested about Ms. Cox. :bang:

I can't imagine the sheer amount of self-loathing and low self-esteem it must require to make a woman throw her entire gender under the bus like this. :eek:

TiffaniO
07-02-2018, 01:45 PM
It’s definitely not her riding ability and FYI I think I’m pretty awesome:jump:

Thanks for the insight Dr Phil.

metro
07-02-2018, 01:48 PM
when Clyde Rice was alive, he did not allow anyone to use Arianna Cox on his horses.

she basically only rides for her boyfriend or husband whichever is the case today.

i haven't seen her in awhile, but the sister, Taylor Rice could ride ok.

IIRC, Taylor is married to one of the Ortiz brothers and they have started a family.

outofthebox
07-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Tiff must have been all over Pig Jelly in the 6th at Bel. From Rice and Cox to Servis and Lezczno...2-1....

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Tiff must have been all over Pig Jelly in the 6th at Bel. From Rice and Cox to Servis and Lezczno...2-1....

Actually... yes

GMB@BP
07-08-2018, 04:28 PM

Beyer figure will go from 72 to 103

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 04:32 PM

I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months.

outofthebox
07-08-2018, 04:54 PM
I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months.I'd like to get my hands on that La bred 2yo they ran at CD named Slick it Up. Finished 3rd open company..

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
I'd like to get my hands on that La bred 2yo they ran at CD named Slick it Up. Finished 3rd open company..

It’s funny that other people here say they don’t have good horses lol

outofthebox
07-08-2018, 05:09 PM
It’s funny that other people here say they don’t have good horses lolAgree. You don't make 400k + earnings a year since 2011 with bums in your stable.

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Agree. You don't make 400k + earnings a year since 2011 with bums in your stable.

Would be well over a million with a decent pilot.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Would be well over a million with a decent pilot.You don't say....oh wait...

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 06:12 PM
You don't say....oh wait...

Well at least I post pictures of the tickets I actually play...unlike Monopoly money players who say their picks do this and that.

:bang::sleeping

Oh wait...

outofthebox
07-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Actually... yesNice hit...

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Well at least I post pictures of the tickets I actually play...unlike Monopoly money players who say their picks do this and that.

Oh wait...You don't post pictures of your losers. At least when I lose, people see it.

I'd like to see you post 500 picks and show a profit. Then we can talk.

And I'll keep waiting.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2018, 07:47 PM

Oh wait...And I just realized how touchy you are. Nobody was criticizing your play but you choose to criticize mine?

We were talking about a jockey. Not handicapping. Not picks. Not wins.

Strange way of deflecting the fact that you keep repeating yourself on this jockey thing, which was all I was pointing out.

Didn't think you wanted to sound like a troll or a broken record, but what do I know, right?

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 07:58 PM
And I just realized how touchy you are. Nobody was criticizing your play but you choose to criticize mine?

We were talking about a jockey. Not handicapping. Not picks. Not wins.

Strange way of deflecting the fact that you keep repeating yourself on this jockey thing, which was all I was pointing out.

Didn't think you wanted to sound like a troll or a broken record, but what do I know, right?

Actually someone mentioned me in a reply today on this thread... thus why I responded.

As for you, it seems like you are the touchy one... I just made a vague comment, just like you had... nothing more, nothing less.

Inner Dirt
07-08-2018, 09:32 PM
I guess I have no class also because I laughed at the reference to lady parts.
It was especially funny to me because I have a couple old friends back in Cali that let women make complete fools of them over and over.

Anyone have a couple of examples of dates with race and horse number of her bad rides? I will have to put them on my watch list. I have data capped satellite internet, free time is 3am-6am so if I watch outside of those hours it has to be real brief. It sucks when betting I have to keep starting and stopping the track feeds.

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 10:02 PM
I guess I have no class also because I laughed at the reference to lady parts.
It was especially funny to me because I have a couple old friends back in Cali that let women make complete fools of them over and over.

Anyone have a couple of examples of dates with race and horse number of her bad rides? I will have to put them on my watch list. I have data capped satellite internet, free time is 3am-6am so if I watch outside of those hours it has to be real brief. It sucks when betting I have to keep starting and stopping the track feeds.

Basically any mount she’s ever had... just randomly pick a few... you can look up dates and number of races on Equibase.

Btw, welcome to the “No Class” Club!

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Actually someone mentioned me in a reply today on this thread... thus why I responded.

As for you, it seems like you are the touchy one... I just made a vague comment, just like you had... nothing more, nothing less.Cool story.

metro
07-08-2018, 11:23 PM
I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months.

I'm sure trainers are camped outside Wayne Rice's barn as I type, just waiting with check books in hand to get their hands on all those live runners in his stable.

TiffaniO
07-08-2018, 11:26 PM
I'm sure trainers are camped outside Wayne Rice's barn as I type, just waiting with check books in hand to get their hands on all those live runners in his stable.

Obviously Michael Dubb was smart enough to inquire about that one. I can only hope there’s more lying in wait that he purchased privately.

Pretty bad that a rider change can make a loser at Presque Isle into a winner at Belmont in a $77000 allowance race.

At least I back up my words with Wagers rather than those that are just afraid to admit someone else is right.

metro
07-08-2018, 11:48 PM
Obviously Michael Dubb was smart enough to inquire about that one. I can only hope there’s more lying in wait that he purchased privately.

Pretty bad that a rider change can make a loser at Presque Isle into a winner at Belmont in a $77000 allowance race.

At least I back up my words with Wagers rather than those that are just afraid to admit someone else is right.

Jason Servis could bring Rick's Natural Star out of retirement and saddle him to a win right now, consider yourself lucky.

21 claims out of Rice's barn the last 5 years....3 winners. yep it's an ATM waiting to happen.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2018, 11:56 PM
At least I back up my wordsAfter the race...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 08:39 AM
After the race

Actually I stated on this very thread that I play every horse going from Cox to any other rider but K Vargas. Look it up...

It’s not my job to give you winners... I don’t charge people to see my picks that I don’t play... ;)

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Jason Servis could bring Rick's Natural Star out of retirement and saddle him to a win right now, consider yourself lucky.

21 claims out of Rice's barn the last 5 years....3 winners. yep it's an ATM waiting to happen.

How about the ones he’s sold privately? How about 2nd and 3rd starts off the claim? How about horses that Rice still trains that just has a jockey change? He’s not that bad of a trainer. He's just letting the “wrong brain” choose his main jockey. You can make your stats say anything you want... I know that I backed up my words with $$$.

Guess I’ve been lucky all year...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 08:59 AM

Where did I ever say barn change from Rice?

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:08 AM
After the race

Actually I stated on this very thread that I play every horse going from Cox to any other rider but K Vargas. Look it up...

It’s not my job to give you winners... I don’t charge people to see my picks that I don’t play... ;)Cool story bro...

BTW, and for the record, my first reply to you yesterday had nothing to do about your bets...you turned it into that...because you can't admit you can't stop ragging on some jock nobody really gives a hoot about except you.

I love it when people post pictures of tickets and whatnot after the race. If they would have lost, we would have never seen those pictures.

I also see you know how to use photoshop...cool...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Cool story bro...

BTW, and for the record, my first reply to you yesterday had nothing to do about your bets...you turned it into that...because you can't admit you can't stop ragging on some jock nobody really gives a hoot about except you.

I love it when people post pictures of tickets and whatnot after the race. If they would have lost, we would have never seen those pictures.

I also see you know how to use photoshop...cool...

Well I kinda thought it was a good idea to black out my last name because some people here respond to every post I make... kinda creepy...:confused:

I only responded to this thread yesterday because outofthebox mentioned me.

Obviously someone else gives a hoot because there’s plenty of responses.

Lastly at least I have pics of actual tickets to post... Maybe the guys who post pics but don’t play them can post pics of Monopoly money or the “Banker”? :rolleyes: or “they” can post pics of their picks scribbled on notebook paper...

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 10:50 AM
PA is a very unusual place in my small world. On other internet forums that have a mostly male membership that I belong to now and in the past whether related to sports, manufacturing, or DIY projects ladies seem to be given a little extra leeway. It appears to me that isn't the case here and might be the opposite.

A lot of the women I know and my girlfriend would for a fact defend a woman competing against men to the bitter end and build them up over and above their real skill level. At least Tiffani appears to be giving an honest assessment of a female jockey's skills without bias. I don't see why she is catching hell for it.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:54 AM
PA is a very unusual place in my small world. On other internet forums that have a mostly male membership that I belong to now and in the past whether related to sports, manufacturing, or DIY projects ladies seem to be given a little extra leeway. It appears to me that isn't the case here and might be the opposite.

A lot of the women I know and my girlfriend would for a fact defend a woman competing against men to the bitter end and build them up over and above their real skill level. At least Tiffani appears to be giving an honest assessment of a female jockey's skills without bias. I don't see why she is catching hell for it.To the person who I just PM'd about two minutes before Inner Dirt's post here...BINGO! What did I tell you would happen?

I didn't know it would be Inner Dirt, but I just absolutely knew some guy from here would come at me with exactly what is written above. Almost word for word prediction...priceless.

:pound::pound::pound:

PS. Sexist much Inner Dirt?

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 11:07 AM

A lot of the women I know and my girlfriend would for a fact defend a woman competing against men to the bitter end and build them up over and above their real skill level. At least Tiffani appears to be giving an honest assessment of a female jockey's skills without bias. I don't see why she is catching hell for it.

To the person who I just PM'd about two minutes before Inner Dirt's post here...BINGO! What did I tell you would happen?

I didn't know it would be Inner Dirt, but I just absolutely knew some guy from here would come at me with exactly what is written above. Almost word for word prediction...priceless.

PS. Sexist much Inner Dirt?

Explain how I am sexist, I am just making an observation of how ladies are treated on male dominated forums I belong to and how the women I know stick together.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Explain how I am sexist, I am just making an observation of how ladies are treated on male dominated forums I belong to and how the women I know stick together.How are you sexist? You're saying I should treat women differently then I do men on here.

Pretty simple, really.

Textbook definition.

dilanesp
07-09-2018, 11:36 AM
How are you sexist? You're saying I should treat women differently then I do men on here.

Pretty simple, really.

Textbook definition.

By this definition, most workplace and education diversity programs are racist and sexist.

PA, sexism is tied to MISOGYNY- formally treating women and men the same can still be sexist, and encouraging women to participate can be anti-sexist.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 11:38 AM
By this definition, most workplace and education diversity programs are racist and sexist.

PA, sexism is tied to MISOGYNY- formally treating women and men the same can still be sexist, and encouraging women to participate can be anti-sexist.I'm sure Tiffany is just fine. But I encourage more men to chime in and embarrass themselves.

And in a way, I was defending women by calling for the beat-down of one Arienne Cox to cease.

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 11:39 AM
How are you sexist? You're saying I should treat women differently then I do men on here.

Pretty simple, really.

Textbook definition.

That is wasn't what I meant that is how you interpreted it. I am saying most men do treat women differently especially when the percentage of women to men is low, that is pretty obvious.

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm sure Tiffany is just fine. But I encourage more men to chime in and embarrass themselves.

And in a way, I was defending women by calling for the beat-down of one Arienne Cox to cease.

Do one hurled insults at you, yet you are throwing them around. So much for your new policy of being nice.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Do one hurled insults at you, yet you are throwing them around. So much for your new policy of being nice.The policy of being nice doesn't include "take shit with a smile."

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 12:11 PM
The policy of being nice doesn't include "take shit with a smile."

I was not giving you shit, why do you insist on misinterpreting my words even when I explained myself?

I OBSERVED women are USUALLY treated extra nice in places where men make up a major percentage of the members. That is an OBSERVATION, I never gave an opinion whether I believe it is right or wrong. I just said that doesn't seem to be the case on Pace Advantage.

P.S. I thought twisting someone's words were a disorder liberals had, maybe I am wrong about that.

dilanesp
07-09-2018, 12:12 PM
I'm sure Tiffany is just fine. But I encourage more men to chime in and embarrass themselves.

I am sure Tiff is fine too.

But her claim about Cox wasn't sexist, if true, and your attitude towards women posters as expressed here is at least blind to how sexism works

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:14 PM
I’m not embarrassed at all... because I know I’m right... you are the one who’s embarrassing himself as the “owner” of a site by chiming in on any topic I share an opinion about. :popcorn:

metro
07-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Where did I ever say barn change from Rice?

"I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months."

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:24 PM
"I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months."

Well that’s the only way to get rid of that “jockey” unless I can get her to go out to eat with me and gain 30lbs. He’d probably still ride her at 154.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 12:24 PM
I’m not embarrassed at all... because I know I’m right... you are the one who’s embarrassing himself as the “owner” of a site by chiming in on any topic I share an opinion about. :popcorn:Why would you reply to me like this when my statement was clearly aimed at the men who were coming at me for treating you the same as anyone else here.

I said THEY should be embarrassed, not you.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 12:25 PM
I was not giving you shit, why do you insist on misinterpreting my words even when I explained myself?

I OBSERVED women are USUALLY treated extra nice in places where men make up a major percentage of the members. That is an OBSERVATION, I never gave an opinion whether I believe it is right or wrong. I just said that doesn't seem to be the case on Pace Advantage.

P.S. I thought twisting someone's words were a disorder liberals had, maybe I am wrong about that.A) Don't bring politics into horse racing threads.

B) I WAS being nice

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Why would you reply to me like this when my statement was clearly aimed at the men who were coming at me for treating you the same as anyone else here.

I said THEY should be embarrassed, not you.

Sorry for the late reply... I’ve been in the spa getting my hair and nails done with my Belmont winnings from yesterday. :kiss:

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 12:26 PM
I am sure Tiff is fine too.

But her claim about Cox wasn't sexist, if true, and your attitude towards women posters as expressed here is at least blind to how sexism worksWhere did I ever write her claim about Cox was sexist?

RIF - Reading Is Fundamental

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 12:27 PM
I’m not embarrassed at all... because I know I’m right... you are the one who’s embarrassing himself as the “owner” of a site by chiming in on any topic I share an opinion about. :popcorn:

I think the embarrassed comment was directed at myself and dilanesp, maybe I am wrong.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:28 PM

P.S. I thought twisting someone's words were a disorder liberals had, maybe I am wrong about that.

I think it’s because some expect me to act like a dumb blonde ditz but I’m only a blonde ditz. ;)

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 12:32 PM
A) Don't bring politics into horse racing threads.

B) I WAS being nice

I explained myself, you took offense to my comments, when you should not have. Now you appear to be getting more and more angry and threatening for nothing.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 12:34 PM
I explained myself, you took offense to my comments, when you should not have. Now you appear to be getting more and more angry and threatening for nothing.Threatening...cool story. :ThmbUp: :pound:

metro
07-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Well that’s the only way to get rid of that “jockey” unless I can get her to go out to eat with me and gain 30lbs. He’d probably still ride her at 154.

Maybe you should be a consultant to horsemen, and women, then, point out what a great opportunity the West Point's and Maggi Moss' of the horse ownership world are missing out on. All those opportunities yet only 21 claims off of Wayne Rice in 5 years and not a single claim off of him this year. :confused:

Heck, you've shown us a nearly 30K profit from just a couple of your winning wagers this year, why don't you put some of those windfalls to work for you and pick out a Rice runner or two? All you have to do is replace the rider, right?

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 12:40 PM
I explained myself, you took offense to my comments, when you should not have. Now you appear to be getting more and more angry and threatening for nothing.

Threatening...cool story. :ThmbUp: :pound:

I see your comment warning me about saying "liberal" as a threat. Maybe it is a poor choice of words. You can vaporize me at anytime as you own the sand box. I am pretty sure if you didn't own the sand box you would not behave the way you do. You seem to enjoy hurling insults and mocking people who do not see the world the way you do.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Maybe you should be a consultant to horsemen, and women, then, point out what a great opportunity the West Point's and Maggi Moss' of the horse ownership world are missing out on. All those opportunities yet only 21 claims off of Wayne Rice in 5 years and not a single claim off of him this year. :confused:

Heck, you've shown us a nearly 30K profit from just a couple of your winning wagers this year, why don't you put some of those windfalls to work for you and pick out a Rice runner or two? All you have to do is replace the rider, right?

I’d rather bet :popcorn: if I owned horses again, I’d want to be able to be at the barn everyday like I used to be. Oh and FYI my husband and I have won 24 out of 125 starts lifetime with a 1-2 horse stable. We only claimed off other bad outfits then as well.

If Rice and Cox are so great why don’t you buy some horses and let them train and ride?

Grits
07-09-2018, 12:51 PM

Inner, there's some truth to what you're saying. Still, women, vehemently, tearing down, other women says more about the woman doing the tearing than it says about the woman going about her own business.

As you noted, women do stick together--but only up to a point. At least for me, it's this way. Excellence is excellence, same goes for knowledge. I have tremendous respect for both. But, I have less respect for all who, somehow, feel everything needs to be focused on them exclusively.

Instead of Tiffani reredboarding her tickets again, telling us how awesome she is, the better idea would be to, stop talking the talk and walk the walk, here. Take on the boss, PA/Mike.

Challenge him! Beat him, if she can, at his game!! She's touted herself so much, she's foolishly backed herself into a corner. Mike's game was a very good one because it was fair. He showed his good days, his bad days. Winners and losers. Her comment of "I don't give out my winners" was useless.

There's an old adage that, apparently Tiffani has not ever seen read, heard, or been taught, in her decades on this planet.

"If you've got it, I'll know it. You won't have to tell me."

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 12:54 PM
I see that the other follower I have has decided to chime in. Too bad I can’t see her message :bang:

Valuist
07-09-2018, 01:04 PM
I’d rather bet :popcorn: if I owned horses again, I’d want to be able to be at the barn everyday like I used to be. Oh and FYI my husband and I have won 24 out of 125 starts lifetime with a 1-2 horse stable. We only claimed off other bad outfits then as well.

If Rice and Cox are so great why don’t you buy some horses and let them train and ride?

Definitely agree it's better to bet than own. They never stop eating and invariably get injured.

I have never paid much attention to Rice/Cox because I don't play Presque Isle but it seems like an interesting angle to expect a solid upgrade when they leave that barn.

Grits
07-09-2018, 01:05 PM
I see that the other follower I have has decided to chime in. Too bad I can’t see her message :bang:

In my life, I only follow one being--and much to your chagrin it is not YOU, Tiffani.

I don't follow people. Not on Twitter. Not on Facebook. Not at Pace Advantage.

I don't ask to walk ahead of others. I don't ask others to walk behind me.

Beside me, YES.

....Pitiful..

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Definitely agree it's better to bet than own. They never stop eating and invariably get injured.

I have never paid much attention to Rice/Cox because I don't play Presque Isle but it seems like an interesting angle to expect a solid upgrade when they leave that barn.

You had better watch out agreeing with me, you’ll be accused of embarrassing yourself by the mob. :rolleyes:

The reason we stopped owning is because the bottom dropped out of the purses. 2500 claimers were running for 9k and 5000 claimers were running for 20k. Then they raised the bottom to 5000 and dropped that purse to 10k. At that point, the margin for error evaporates.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 01:30 PM
I see your comment warning me about saying "liberal" as a threat. Maybe it is a poor choice of words. You can vaporize me at anytime as you own the sand box. I am pretty sure if you didn't own the sand box you would not behave the way you do. You seem to enjoy hurling insults and mocking people who do not see the world the way you do.There is one hard and fast rule on the horse racing posts...NO POLITICS. You bring liberals into a post about horse racing, I tell you no politics, and that is somehow a threat?

Enough already wasting my time with this nonsense.

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 01:37 PM
There is one hard and fast rule on the horse racing posts...NO POLITICS. You bring liberals into a post about horse racing, I tell you no politics, and that is somehow a threat?

Enough already wasting my time with this nonsense.

I did not know I violated a rule, but since you have insulted me many a time and I have never insulted you, I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE. I said the word liberal once and you jumped all over it, WTF???

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 01:40 PM
I did not know I violated a rule, but since you have insulted me many a time and I have never insulted you, I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE.Never asked you to.

Inner Dirt
07-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I don't even need to watch videos of her rides to tell she isn't a very good jockey, just look at her record. Any jockey worth their salt doesn't have more places and shows compared to their wins, she does to the extreme.

Lifetime record from Equibase

Starts 1st 2nd 3rd

1862 156 206 262

cj
07-09-2018, 08:17 PM

I've never understood putting someone on ignore and then being sure to point out you aren't really ignoring them.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 08:30 PM
I've never understood putting someone on ignore and then being sure to point out you aren't really ignoring them.

I’ve never understood why someone would sell speed figures that they think actually work... if they worked, I’d keep the info to myself.

Tom
07-09-2018, 08:52 PM
A lot of people here think you aren't too bright.
Well, now you have gone and removed all doubt. :lol::lol:

You childish retort might carry more weight if you picked someone who is universally industry-wide acknowledged as a bright spot of our game.

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Dingbats of the world....stifle!

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 09:02 PM
A lot of people here think you aren't too bright.
Well, now you have gone and removed all doubt. :lol::lol:

You childish retort might carry more weight if you picked someone who is universally industry-wide acknowledged as a bright spot of our game.

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Dingbats of the world....stifle!

And I care what you think because???

I’ve received dozens of PMs stating that I’m correct in many things that I’ve stated, but they are afraid to voice it because of the PC mob in here. As for me, I really don’t care what the crowd says or thinks... I’ll just respond in kind to them. Because at the end of the day, most of those men can only wish to have a wife like me and the woman who likes to follow me here can only wish she was me. I’ll just go on being young, attractive and successful... things that any of them can only dream of being.

thaskalos
07-09-2018, 09:09 PM

I’ve received dozens of PMs stating that I’m correct in many things that I’ve stated, but they are afraid to voice it because of the PC mob in here. As for me, I really don’t care what the crowd says or thinks... I’ll just respond in kind to them. Because at the end of the day, most of those men can only wish to have a wife like me and the woman who likes to follow me here can only wish she was me. I’ll just go on being young, attractive and successful... things that any of them can only dream of being.

Speaking for myself...I admire your modesty, most of all. :ThmbUp:

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Speaking for myself...I admire your modesty, most of all. :ThmbUp:

Thank you! Why not go full heel when the opportunity arises? :kiss:

Maximillion
07-09-2018, 09:40 PM

This forum is beneath you...no question about it.:ThmbUp:

dilanesp
07-09-2018, 10:01 PM
"She stoops to conquer."

Grits
07-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Because at the end of the day, most of those men can only wish to have a wife like me and the woman who likes to follow me here can only wish she was me. I’ll just go on being young, attractive and successful... things that any of them can only dream of being.

I think this is the second time you've written this paragraph here at PA. All females wishing they could be you. :lol:
The photo? You're 50 if you're a day. And I promise you, I'd rather be me, every day--than be you, one day. I'd especially rather have my skin. .... A bit of advice: Try some 200+ sunscreen. It might help. .... Gentlemen, forgive me, but I haven't laughed this hard in a long time--maybe you all can trade your wives in for a newer, younger, more successful model. .... We can all only dream of being her. .... On TILT, she's the best entertainment on the internet.:pound:

cj
07-09-2018, 10:13 PM
I’ve never understood why someone would sell speed figures that they think actually work... if they worked, I’d keep the info to myself.

As a moderator here I say the same thing any time someone announces they have someone else on ignore.

You know nothing about me or why I do what i do to help support my family. But I've learned a lot about you with the quoted post and your next one. I've learned I wouldn't bother giving you the time of day no matter how good you think you look or how smart you think you are. I also know I don't need to put you on ignore to just ignore you. That will be the status quo from me from here on out. You aren't worth my time. I can only hope you feel the same about me.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:19 PM
As a moderator here I say the same thing any time someone announces they have someone else on ignore.

You know nothing about me or why I do what i do to help support my family. But I've learned a lot about you with the quoted post and your next one. I've learned I wouldn't bother giving you the time of day no matter how good you think you look or how smart you think you are. I also know I don't need to put you on ignore to just ignore you. That will be the status quo from me from here on out. You aren't worth my time. I can only hope you feel the same about me.

Glad you can peddle those figures to people who can only handicap by reading a number. If you can make a living at it, great!!! Even if they were accurate, selling them to the public ruins their value as a wagering tool. Contrarians have the only shot at winning in this game.

thaskalos
07-09-2018, 10:25 PM
My money says that Tiffani is just yanking our chain...to get a rise out of us. These damned millennials...:mad:

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:29 PM
My money says that Tiffani is just yanking our chain...to get a rise out of us. These damned millennials...:mad:

Actually, that wasn’t my intention but if some are going to stick their nose into conversations just to try to get a rise out of me... well they’ll realize I don’t give a damn and I can dish it back.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:41 PM
I’ve received dozens of PMs stating that I’m correct in many things that I’ve stated, but they are afraid to voice it because of the PC mob in here.Well, I can tell everyone this isn't true (the dozens and dozens numbers). What else isn't true, I cannot say, but I know this isn't true.

Since I'm the admin here, I see the stats on PMs.

Almost every single time someone has claimed receiving dozens of PMs, it invariably turns out to be false.

This place just isn't that hopping...LMAO

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Actually, that wasn’t my intention but if some are going to stick their nose into conversations just to try to get a rise out of me... well they’ll realize I don’t give a damn and I can dish it back.It's a message board. It's whole purpose is to stick your nose in.

Thank me very much.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Well, I can tell everyone this isn't true. What else isn't true, I cannot say, but I know this isn't true.

How do you explain these then? Just two from tonight...

Originally Posted by *****
Thanks for the heads up on Cox... If its anything I hate its a live horse with a horse shit jockey. Makes a race damn near unplayable for me because I cant stand to get beat by the one winner they get out of a hundred mounts. Sorry you had to endure the pissing match. This board could be fountain of good information but a well intentioned thread always goes to shit with these pea brains...

And this one...

A blind man could see that she actually stinks! It really is odd, that girlfriend or not, a family like the Rice family would ride someone that terrible. She's embarrasing to watch. I used to go to Penn National back in the day when Clyde trained and Wayne and Curt rode. They are excellent horsemen. Clyde used to break most of Lukas's top stock when he lead the nation in money won. I guess what you heard about her has to be true because its about the only explanation.

Guess I made these up in 30 seconds huh?

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:48 PM
It's a message board. It's whole purpose is to stick your nose in.

Thank me very much.

You should actually thank me very much... I’m sure that with all of the increased site traffic here to see what I say and to view my picture, you have been able to increase your ad rates tenfold.

Thank me very much.

:coffee:

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:51 PM
You should actually thank me very much... I’m sure that with all of the increased site traffic here to see what I say and to view my picture, you have been able to increase your ad rates tenfold.

Thank me very much.View your picture? :pound:

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:52 PM
View your picture? :pound:

It’s the only reason I can come up with for you following me around here like a lovestruck school boy...

I own real estate in your mind...

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:52 PM
BTW, I now deem this thread to be the silliest on this website. And that's saying something.

Let's see what else you can do before the night is over.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 10:53 PM
It’s the only reason I can come up with for you following me around here like a lovestruck school boy...Yeah, I just can't get enough of you...hubba hubba....wowsers...what a looker!

:lol:

If you were to leave, what ever would I do?

I'm starting to think you're not actually a woman...

Only a man would act this idiotic...trust me...I know.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I just can't get enough of you...hubba hubba....wowsers...what a looker!

:lol:

If you were to ever leave, what ever would I do?

I'm starting to think you're not actually a woman...

Only a man would act this idiotic.

I guess this should prove I’m not a fake...

And you know lovestruck school boys always act like they don’t have a crush...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:03 PM
BTW, I now deem this thread to be the silliest on this website. And that's saying something.

Let's see what else you can do before the night is over.

Don’t let that distract you from the fact that Arienne Cox is still brutal.:bang:

BTW Do I get a trophy for being the OP of this thread?

ReplayRandall
07-09-2018, 11:08 PM
I guess this should prove I’m not a fake...

And you know lovestruck school boys always act like they don’t have a crush...

You've proven nothing.....However, if you had posted the selfie and said " Hi PA, I'm Tiffani", then case closed, you're legit.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Please, stop encouraging...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:11 PM
You've proven nothing.....However, if you had posted the selfie and said " Hi PA, I'm Tiffani", then case closed, you're legit.

Happy now?

ReplayRandall
07-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Happy now?

Well done......By any chance are you from Nebraska?

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Please, stop encouraging...

I’ll send my invoice for those two pics of me to your email. I charge $175 per pic but since you’re so sweet to me, I’ll cut you a break and only charge you $174 per pic.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:16 PM

No... I’m closer to Penn National.

cj
07-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Welcome back Randall! This is like finding a gold nugget in a pile of horse crap. :)

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:20 PM
Welcome back Randall! This is like finding a gold nugget in a pile of horse crap. :)

Apparently Randall likes what he sees... ;)

ReplayRandall
07-09-2018, 11:21 PM

Took a 10 month lay-off...Where else am I supposed to end up when talking horses?...:cool:

thaskalos
07-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Took a 10 month lay-off...Where else am I supposed to end up when talking horses?...:cool:

It took that long to scrape up another bankroll?

ReplayRandall
07-09-2018, 11:27 PM
It took that long to scrape up another bankroll?

They don't make tin cans anymore.....Life is tough.

thaskalos
07-09-2018, 11:33 PM
They don't make tin cans anymore.....Life is tough.

No wonder you are being so chummy with Tiffani. You must be contemplating putting the touch on her for a loan. :)

ReplayRandall
07-09-2018, 11:36 PM
No wonder you are being so chummy with Tiffani. You must be contemplating putting the touch on her for a loan. :)

Her hubby of 24 years, "Babes", might put a stop to that.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 11:37 PM
This thread gets funnier by the moment. Good stuff fellas.

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:38 PM
;)Her hubby of 24 years, "Babes", might put a stop to that.

I’m impressed that you’ve done your homework ;)

I’m always interested in applications for high interest loans...

TiffaniO
07-09-2018, 11:44 PM
This thread gets funnier by the moment. Good stuff fellas.

I’m upset you didn’t acknowledge my note to you Sweetie.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2018, 11:45 PM
You're talking to someone who's been doing this for 19 years. It's going to take much more than that.

the little guy
07-10-2018, 12:02 AM
You're talking to someone who's been doing this for 19 years. It's going to take much more than that.

This stuff is barely even level one trolling. It's amateur stuff.

Grits
07-10-2018, 12:17 AM
Apparently Randall likes what he sees... ;)

ClassyandSassy1975, please, take your trolling private so as not to harm the integrity of the site. Your show is a bit short and it's getting tiresome. I'm not jealous of you, not for one nano second....so don't even think of going there. Thanks in advance.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 01:01 AM
Did something just happen? I think something just happened.

TiffaniO
07-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Did something just happen? I think something just happened.

Huh?

Did you miss me?

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 01:10 AM
Sure.

jimmyb
07-10-2018, 01:37 AM

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes. Stay humble.

Inner Dirt
07-10-2018, 08:59 AM
I must have missed the back story, this thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense. People here bad mouth riders all the time often without merit and maybe catch a few occasional barbs, this one is getting downright nasty.
Like I said, just look at Arienne Cox's record, it speaks for itself, she is a bottom rung rider.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Like I said, just look at Arienne Cox's record, it speaks for itself, she is a bottom rung rider.It started going off the rails when I innocently pointed out that, yeah, we get it already. No need to beat a dead horse.

Some people just can't take constructive criticism.

You want to talk about the treatment of women? How long should I allow Arienne to be beaten to a pulp here? WE GET IT.

Tom
07-10-2018, 10:45 AM
I’ve received dozens of PMs stating that I’m correct in many things that I’ve stated, but they are afraid to voice it because of the PC mob in here. :pound::pound::pound:

Sure you did. Post them all here so we can read them.
You had no problem doing that when you were Vet Scratch.

And I thought I had seen your pic before - it was on CSI.

HAND, Sir.

chiguy
07-10-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm confused by the apparent obsession. Seems like a nice lady who works hard. Bad rider, probably but 11 pages of this?

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm confused by the apparent obsession. Seems like a nice lady who works hard. Bad rider, probably but 11 pages of this?Yeah, it's whacky. Most of us realize this.

Inner Dirt
07-10-2018, 12:47 PM
I'm confused by the apparent obsession. Seems like a nice lady who works hard. Bad rider, probably but 11 pages of this?

I see it as an over the top reaction to someone complaining about a jockey.

Inner Dirt
07-10-2018, 01:12 PM
It started going off the rails when I innocently pointed out that, yeah, we get it already. No need to beat a dead horse.

Some people just can't take constructive criticism.

You want to talk about the treatment of women? How long should I allow Arienne to be beaten to a pulp here? WE GET IT.

Someone else who needs a mirror.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Someone else who needs a mirror.Why, because I can't take it?

Dude, I've been dished out every piece of shit you can think of for almost two decades on this board. Both on this board and OFF this board. People have set up separate sites just to deride me.

Everything has happened. And I'm still here, with a smile on my face.

If there is ANYONE on this board who can take it, it would be moi.

Thank me very much.

Valuist
07-10-2018, 01:36 PM

Sure you did. Post them all here so we can read them.
You had no problem doing that when you were Vet Scratch.

And I thought I had seen your pic before - it was on CSI.

HAND, Sir.

There's a blast from the past. I'm gonna say Vet Scratch was here around 10 years ago?

Whatever happened to Stillriledup and SQ?

Grits
07-10-2018, 01:47 PM
There was a woman here that Cj and PA could probably NEVER, EVER forget. Rough as a week old corn cob. Can't recall the name....years and years ago. I say it was a woman, who knows, we've had men posting as women many times. 95% of the time, PA can figure 'em out, early on. I bet he and Cj have made more money. Who needs conditional wagers at Twin Spires, when you can have gender wagers, in house at PA. :pound:

Inner Dirt
07-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Why, because I can't take it?

Dude, I've been dished out every piece of shit you can think of for almost two decades on this board. Both on this board and OFF this board. People have set up separate sites just to deride me.

Everything has happened. And I'm still here, with a smile on my face.

If there is ANYONE on this board who can take it, it would be moi.

Thank me very much.

Seriously, you can only take it because you own the sand box and have all the power here. I cannot believe you have not vaporized me yet. As far as beating dead horses here you own the record. Great website you have here, but I am waiting to die.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2018, 01:57 PM
I cannot believe you have not vaporized me yet.That's because you drink too much kool-aid.

Contrary to popular belief, I hardly ever ban anyone.

In fact, many people give me crap that I don't BAN MORE.

cj
07-10-2018, 02:12 PM
That's because you drink too much kool-aid.

Contrary to popular belief, I hardly ever ban anyone.

In fact, many people give me crap that I don't BAN MORE.

Yep...

I actually found a picture of you working at one of the PA gatherings at the Spa.

http://www.mistersofteesa.com/images/softee-truck.jpg

Grits
07-10-2018, 02:54 PM
ROTFLOL!! Incognito, so somebody holding a grudge won't kill him. :pound:

Inner, I'll tell you an honest, as the Lord is my witness, truth. If you could see even a glimpse of the messages PA gets while trying to keep this place running, you'd shake your head and ask, "damn, man, how do you take this s***?" But the fact is you've never seen it.

Years ago in the tent at Saratoga, we were all together, a big crowd of us. I was sitting at the table with him and a bunch of others. There was a helluva fight going on HERE, at home, on site.

He said to me, "G, come here, I'll show you just a sample of the load of s**** I have to put up with continuously". So I sat down beside him. He scrolled, for only a bit, showing me little. But in those short minutes, I've never read the term, mother******, and so many other names I can't count, I've never seen anyone told what they could do with themselves and their website, nor have I read threats like, "I'm gonna whip your @$$ mother******, count on it", so many times, I could make wallpaper out of all of it and cover any room.

You can believe, you and others, that he's unfair or whatever. But, I don't see you, or anyone else that could handle this kind of meanness, this level of personal attack. No one's lining up for his job.

It is beyond, EYE OPENING. I'm not exaggerating and I'm not sucking up, I don't have to, he's my friend. He knows when to step in, he knows when to let things roll and play out. I don't envy him, and sometimes I sure don't understand how he can keep it up, year after year. It would beat me in the ground. And most all of us here. .... So, please, give some thought to the dark side

I wouldn't get outta bed for this place's $300 a month. Seriously. Not with what he has to handle. :lol:

dilanesp
07-10-2018, 03:11 PM
One thing you will get no argument from me on is that PA does a great job running the board. It's impossible to please everyone, and I certainly have tangled with him from time to time. But the fact that there's a large community of people here with different opinions and different perspectives and it's been going for over a decade and a half is basically proof that he is good at what he does.

Tom
07-10-2018, 03:51 PM
There was a woman here that Cj and PA could probably NEVER, EVER forget. Rough as a week old corn cob. Can't recall the name....years and years ago. I say it was a woman, who knows, we've had men posting as women many times. 95% of the time, PA can figure 'em out, early on. :pound:

Kat?

TiffaniO
07-10-2018, 07:25 PM
I love it when I’m proven right... PA deletes my post about it...

2nd race Presque Isle Lol

Be a little baby about me being right... again...

cj
07-10-2018, 07:30 PM
I love it when I’m proven right... PA deletes my post about it...

2nd race Presque Isle Lol

Be a little baby about me being right... again...

I deleted it. We don't need people posting tickets every time they cash one. I don't think anyone has denied that Cox is a very poor rider. We get it. Time to move on. 20k scores are one thing, that is great, this is another.

I recommend the Andy Beyer rule.