PDA

View Full Version : Instilled Regard changes trainers

jocko699
06-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Interesting.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/DerbyAlumni/Report_Instilled_Regard_moved_from_Hollenforders_b arn_123

HalvOnHorseracing
06-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Interesting.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/DerbyAlumni/Report_Instilled_Regard_moved_from_Hollenforders_b arn_123

No, no. It was generally unknown Hollenforder, not Hollendorfer.

GMB@BP
06-14-2018, 08:46 PM
Its good that Chad gets another good horse, was worried he was running out of three year olds with Gronkowski and Good Magic.

Spalding No!
06-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Its good that Chad gets another good horse, was worried he was running out of three year olds with Gronkowski and Good Magic.
It was kind of perplexing that the horse was sent for a brief rest a day after his huge effort in the Derby. There was no way Hollendorfer was not chomping at the bit to run in the Preakness and/or Belmont.

I presumed the horse had a distinct issue and was going to be gone for months, but it sounds like they really did simply back off him for 30 days.

Kind of a shame, I don't see why they couldn't have kept him in light work and targeted something like the Los Al Derby (over a track he's familiar with) as a springboard to the Travers. Actually, looking at the winners only, the Los Alamitos Derby has been more productive than the Jim Dandy and in the same area code as the Haskell.

And it's not like Hollendorfer is afraid to ship.

GMB@BP
06-14-2018, 11:35 PM
It was kind of perplexing that the horse was sent for a brief rest a day after his huge effort in the Derby. There was no way Hollendorfer was not chomping at the bit to run in the Preakness and/or Belmont.

I presumed the horse had a distinct issue and was going to be gone for months, but it sounds like they really did simply back off him for 30 days.

Kind of a shame, I don't see why they couldn't have kept him in light work and targeted something like the Los Al Derby (over a track he's familiar with) as a springboard to the Travers. Actually, looking at the winners only, the Los Alamitos Derby has been more productive than the Jim Dandy and in the same area code as the Haskell.

And it's not like Hollendorfer is afraid to ship.

I dont get it, the same reasoning "races are on the east coast" was used to take Midnight Bisou from Spwar.

Its like there are 4-5 guys that can train and the rest are bums, and its stupid, bad for racing.

Thomas Roulston
06-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Maybe IR will be aimed for the No Longer Breeders' Cup Marathon.