PDA

View Full Version : Drivers

Tom
09-01-2004, 05:47 PM
I have a HP Deskjet722c printer hooked up to my XP computer. It will only print reds when I select color. B&W works fine.
I assumed that my driver was bad, so I went to HP to download a new one. Talk about worthless webpages! HP is horrendous!
It checks and telss me I do not need to update becasue my driver is the correct one. But what if it is corrupted? There is no way to jsut download a freah one to try out. The driver that came wiith XP apparently is not any good.
Any suggestions?

Q2....Anyone have any experince with Lexmark photo printers? My next step is a new printer, and HP will never again be on my list of contenders-every series of HP I have ever had was a problem. Maybe they should have kept one of their techs her in the USA and not put them all in India!

NoDayJob
09-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Have you tried a "search" for drivers sans HP? There are sites available. Here is one I have used before:

http://www.drivershq.com/?af=driversdotcom&bn=4

NDJ

BillW
09-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I have a HP Deskjet722c printer hooked up to my XP computer. It will only print reds when I select color. B&W works fine.
I assumed that my driver was bad, so I went to HP to download a new one. Talk about worthless webpages! HP is horrendous!
It checks and telss me I do not need to update becasue my driver is the correct one. But what if it is corrupted? There is no way to jsut download a freah one to try out. The driver that came wiith XP apparently is not any good.
Any suggestions?

Q2....Anyone have any experince with Lexmark photo printers? My next step is a new printer, and HP will never again be on my list of contenders-every series of HP I have ever had was a problem. Maybe they should have kept one of their techs her in the USA and not put them all in India!

Tom,

Did it stop printing color when you hooked it up to the new computer or did it once work then stop while on the new computer? You may be simply out of ink (except for red and black, of course).

Bill

JustMissed
09-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Why not copy your current driver to a diskette if you don't have the original driver.

Then delete the driver from your hard drive

Then when you download from the website it will see that you don't have a driver and perform the download.

JM

Tom
09-02-2004, 11:26 AM
BillW...never worked at all. Brand new cartridges as well.
JM...I don't know what a dirver looks like, so I don't know where to find it.

JustRalph
09-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Tom

go into "printers and faxes" in control panel right click on your 722 driver. Hit "Properties"on the "advanced tab" for the driver you will find a button "new driver" make sure you have your new driver files extracted into a folder on your desktop or on a disk for that matter. then when asked point to the folder or disk and update the driver that way. FYI