PDA

View Full Version : Little help / Who carries the Large Heart Trait ?

The Biscuit
06-08-2018, 06:35 AM
I know Justifty does not , for sure ...

The other contenders is what I'm looking for . Please share if available !!

Many thanks !!! :coffee:

f2tornado
06-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Buckpasser-x horses:

Bravazo
Hofburg
Vino Rosso
Tenfold

The Biscuit
06-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Buckpasser-x horses:

Bravazo
Hofburg
Vino Rosso
Tenfold

Thank you bro !!! :headbanger:

098poi
06-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Oprah

BlueChip@DRF
06-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Hofburg has the most lines for LHX.
Buckpasser-X twice: once through Touch Gold, and another through A.P. Indy who also carries the Princequillo-X.

And they said mares were not important.....

Ribot Roboto
06-08-2018, 10:02 AM
You can't really say any of them do for sure unless their dam has it for sure and they pretty much all have at least a small chance of having it. Some are more likely than others if you want to play the percentages. Just look at the passing positions (8 of them in a 5 generation pedigree) and see if they go back to War Admiral, Blue Larkspur, Mahmoud, or Princequillo; maybe Teddy.

The Biscuit
06-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Another on a forum posted these horses have the Large Heart Trait ...

Please help us all if someone has a for sure list ? Thank you in advance !

Free Drop, Bravazo, Hofburg, Vino, and Blended Citizen

clicknow
06-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Another on a forum posted these horses have the Large Heart Trait ...

Going around to different forums (and getting different answers) is no way to improve your handicapping skills.

Question has been asked, and answered:

Just look at the passing positions (8 of them in a 5 generation pedigree) and see if they go back to War Admiral, Blue Larkspur, Mahmoud, or Princequillo; maybe Teddy.

Sit down with the horse charts and count 'em up.

BlueChip@DRF
06-08-2018, 11:21 PM
You can't really say any of them do for sure unless their dam has it for sure and they pretty much all have at least a small chance of having it. Some are more likely than others if you want to play the percentages. Just look at the passing positions (8 of them in a 5 generation pedigree) and see if they go back to War Admiral, Blue Larkspur, Mahmoud, or Princequillo; maybe Teddy.

Mr.P in a passing position leads to Blue Larkspur.

Ribot Roboto
06-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Indeed. His fourth dam was by Blue Larkspur. So Justify might have it and he might not just like the rest of them. They estimate 28% of the thoroughbred population as a whole has the trait but in a race like this they may very well all have it. Plus there’s a theory called epigenetics out there now gaining traction that says any of them could have it without it being inherited so I don’t even bother to look at it anymore.

BlueChip@DRF
06-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Indeed. His fourth dam was by Blue Larkspur. So Justify might have it and he might not just like the rest of them. They estimate 28% of the thoroughbred population as a whole has the trait but in a race like this they may very well all have it. Plus there’s a theory called epigenetics out there now gaining traction that says any of them could have it without it being inherited so I don’t even bother to look at it anymore.

Is there like a somewhat fixed percentage decline for each new generation? I'm thinking there has to be.

Ribot Roboto
06-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Sounds like way too much math :rolleyes:

dilanesp
06-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Sounds like way too much math :rolleyes:

Like dosage, large heart is a lot of hocus pocus and myth.

BlueChip@DRF
06-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Like dosage, large heart is a lot of hocus pocus and myth.

More like a very inexact science.

clicknow
06-10-2018, 12:42 AM
More like a very inexact science.

I read Marianna's book.

Her theory is no worse than many of the others I see out there.