PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Hollendorfer

JimL
08-31-2004, 05:49 PM
An astute California trainer that ships into Thistledown every year and wins many races. Any Ohio, handicappers know if he handles his own stock at TDN? JimL

RXB
09-01-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm not from Ohio, but I do follow Ohio racing.

As with my home track (Hastings), he has an assistant who actually runs the string. Of course, the assistant would be in touch with Hollendorfer constantly. (He actually owns outright some of those Ohio runners.)

JimL
09-01-2004, 03:16 PM
RXB, Thank you for the reply. I usually stay out of races when his horses are entered. They are always the favorite, short price and they win! JimL

Macdiarmadillo
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
He apparently started there a long time ago, only had a couple of horses then. The pattern you mention is also very familiar in N. Calif.!

Buddha
09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
I dont know for sure, but I would think that he sends them this way with an assistant. Purses are small and he is based out in No Cal, so I dont know why he would personally come himself

Macdiarmadillo
09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
The Thistledown program should show an assistant, I would guess. Hollendorfer is still very "hands on" and would show up for a stakes, for example. I remember him saddling Light Lite in some Eastern major stakes and he was back the next day at whichever Calif. fair was running, saddling $5000 claimers.

Valuist
09-03-2004, 12:55 AM
I believe he's originally from Ohio. Kind of odd he'd go back there for those small purses. He sent quite a large contingent to Arlington in 2001 and 2002 but quit that.

Re: Lite Light, remember when Hammer bet Carl Icahn $100,000 who would win between his Lite Light and Meadow Star?

betchatoo
09-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
I believe he's originally from Ohio. Kind of odd he'd go back there for those small purses. He sent quite a large contingent to Arlington in 2001 and 2002 but quit that.

Re: Lite Light, remember when Hammer bet Carl Icahn $100,000 who would win between his Lite Light and Meadow Star?

A friend of mine had some horses with him. Said he stopped shipping the big contingent to Arlington cause the surface was too tough on his horses.