PDA

View Full Version : LSBets going back to Iraq

Dave Schwartz
08-31-2004, 04:18 PM
I had a nice telephone conversation today with LSBets, home on leave from Iraq. He heads back tomorrow, Sept. 1.

LS, I am sure that I can safely speak for all of us when I say that we wish you well. May you and your men stay out of harm's way and finish your tour safely.

Drop in here and say hello when you can.

Warm regards,
Dave Schwartz

Secretariat
08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
I echo Dave's sentiments. Is and I don't agree at all politically but we sure do about bringing our troops all home in one piece.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Good Luck Lsbets! Keeps doing a great job! Stay, and come back, safe!

ElKabong
08-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Stay safe, LS. Proud of your service, and indebted to you for your willingness to volunteer to keep us all safe.

lsbets
09-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks to Dave and everyone else. My R&R has been great. My wife and I had a beautiful daughter, Rachel Faith, on Aug 20th, and I could not be more thankful that I was home for her birth.

One of the things Dave said to me on the phone yesterday was very striking, and really hit a chord with me. Dave has been very, very supportive of me - interestingly, we have never discussed the mission, but he explained why he has been so supportive. He said that he knew what it was like when he was in Vietnam to have no support back home and he wanted to make sure that my soldiers and I knew that we had the support of people back home. My soldiers and I have been blessed with more support than any unit could ever ask for, and for that I am extremely grateful. Hopefully we continue to be as fortunate as we have been and all return home to our families sometime next spring.

so.cal.fan
09-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Thank you, Dave! God bless you.
And God take care of our lsbets!

Jeff!
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Please keep in touch with us, when you can. We'll be thinking about you!

kenwoodallpromos
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
ditto.

Tom
09-01-2004, 02:37 PM
lsbets.....

CryingForTheHorses
09-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I have never been to war nor have I ever had to experience it.None of my family has either.I admire your courage and admire your commimtment to your country! I am sure you are just a normal guy like the rest of us.Only thing is you have the whole world on your shoulders,Doent matter what you do, your still a hero,Defending liberty and at the same time, Longing for some suport from back home, You have my support sir and my utmost respect.Thankyou and GODBLESS you